C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 6 years ago

This is likely the hottest LE Stern has produced. Do any distributors still have any LE's available?

#52 6 years ago

If anyone knows of a distributor with a LE remaining, please pm me

#53 6 years ago

lolol only ones left be at rape price I’m sure

#54 6 years ago

Stern LE's are usually lame with a small handful of exceptions. Not saying I haven't indulged, but committing before even *seeing* the art package is crazy. Entirely possible many folks will prefer the Premium artwork in this case. The only bummer is waiting the 2 extra months for Premium...oh well.

snaroff

#55 6 years ago

The waiting is usually the reason I buy LEs

#56 6 years ago

I am an Iron Maiden fan. I am a Stern pinball fan. I have a lot of respect for Keith Elwin as a player and think what he and Stern have done so far on this game is amazing. The gameplay video shows that the game looks very fun and the art shown vibrant and very much in line with the theme. I like the music and graphics.

I had ample opportunity to secure an LE spot, but I have ZERO knowledge of the what the Premium and LE packages look like. Sure I can figure out is The Trooper for LE and Powerslave for Premium.

I’ve had mixed results with ordering LEs with little to no knowledge of what was coming. I made up my mind many releases ago to support logical thinking for myself (not criticizing others, this is what works for me). I am no longer supporting the hype train of paying for something I haven’t seen let alone played.

I know an Iron Maiden game is in my future and I will end up eventually with the version I want based on making an informed decision.

Up the Irons!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I am an Iron Maiden fan. I am a Stern pinball fan. I have a lot of respect for Keith Elwin as a player and think what he and Stern have done so far on this game is amazing. The gameplay video shows that the game looks very fun and the art shown vibrant and very much in line with the theme. I like the music and graphics.
I had ample opportunity to secure an LE spot, but I have ZERO knowledge of the what the Premium and LE packages look like. Sure I can figure out is The Trooper for LE and Powerslave for Premium.
I’ve had mixed results with ordering LEs with little to no knowledge of what was coming. I made up my mind many releases ago to support logical thinking for myself (not criticizing others, this is what works for me). I am no longer supporting the hype train of paying for something I haven’t seen let alone played.
I know an Iron Maiden game is in my future and I will end up eventually with the version I want based on making an informed decision.
Up the Irons!

Why is everyone saying that the Trooper artwork will be used for the LE models?

Edit: Ah. "Battlefield themed" artwork on the LE.
It's apparently original, but may indicate Trooper type artwork from what we're seen already.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

. Entirely possible many folks will prefer the Premium artwork in this case. The only bummer is waiting the 2 extra months for Premium...oh well.
snaroff

Its also possible people want LEs because they're limited and no one sees the side art because they're packed in a row of games.

#59 6 years ago

always can get le in a year or two huo good code. people will always want the next new pin and will sell their old stuff.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

always can get le in a year or two huo good code. people will always want the next new pin and will sell their old stuff.

Yep. This is the first of hopefully many games that Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti and the rest of their young development team will work on. It will only be the hot pin until something even better comes out. These guys are just getting started!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Why is everyone saying that the Trooper artwork will be used for the LE models?

I don’t know that for a fact, (which solidifies my position about not truly knowing the art), I am basing it on the matrix describing it as battlefield art and being in red. Similarly Powerslave since the Premium is called Egyptian art and that theme is dead center on playfield.

Since The Trooper is pretty iconic in the Maiden world, see the pro art, the beer available with the same name, played at every show etc, it is an educated guess.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The waiting is usually the reason I buy LEs

Get it do

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Up the Irons!

Yep, and since the Premium and LE's will have identical gameplay, you can own a Premium and decide if you want to upgrade down the road. I've learned from you and other FLiPs folks that patience pays dividends in this hobby.

So happy you got your dream license...and the PF/rules are designed by Keith Elwin. The stars aligned!

snaroff

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern LE's are usually lame with a small handful of exceptions. Not saying I haven't indulged, but committing before even *seeing* the art package is crazy. Entirely possible many folks will prefer the Premium artwork in this case. The only bummer is waiting the 2 extra months for Premium...oh well.
snaroff

I don't know why it's crazy in this instance. It's sold out pretty much everywhere and is a very in-demand theme. I'm pretty sure if someone hates the art that much they won't have any issues selling the pin. I've already had two separate offers to purchase my incoming LE.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I don't know why it's crazy in this instance. It's sold out pretty much everywhere and is a very in-demand theme. I'm pretty sure if someone hates the art that much they won't have any issues selling the pin. I've already had two separate offers to purchase my incoming LE.

I agree with Potatoloco in this case the hype is much different and has more international appeal. I don't think any of the recent games have had this much early demand. I am not a huge Iron Maiden fan but want the LE based on all of the upgrades included, new design etc. I think an LE is likely a safer bet on this game.

#66 6 years ago

This is my dream theme also...... I really wanted an LE but being more than 3k more than a pro and 1500 more than a Prem. No FKing way.

It is just stupid cash. At least its a true LE again with low production #s.

At 9k I just cant justify it .

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I see your point, but it depends on the art package. If both are equally great, you are absolutely right. If more folks end up liking the Premium art package, then it's unclear. No doubt someone will be able to sell it...particularly in the 2 months leading up to the Premiums.

For folks that have no problem writing the check and/or have no problem with the sticker shock, you are absolutely - it's not crazy.

snaroff

#68 6 years ago

Iron Maidenform LE:

Iron Maidenform (resized).jpgIron Maidenform (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

IM premium/le.

Real backglass
Electric up/down centre ramp
Left scoop
Special backglass graphics
special cabinet graphics
special powder coating trim and lockbar
shaker motor
extra songs
extra toys

What do you think.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

IM premium/le.
Real backglass
Left scoop
special cabinet graphics
shaker motor
extra songs
extra toys
What do you think.

Extra songs?? Where did you hear that?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

IM premium/le.
Real backglass
Left scoop
special cabinet graphics
shaker motor
extra songs
extra toys
What do you think.

I think it’s pretty ‘ken sweet!
So much so that I just got a deposit down on an LE

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Extra songs?? Where did you hear that?

He is guessing/hoping. If would have been on the feature matrix, and since it's not, i doubt it.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

IM premium/le.
Real backglass
Left scoop
special cabinet graphics
shaker motor
extra songs
extra toys
What do you think.

your info is not correct.
read the matrix.
premium doesn't have real backglass, special powder coat, shaker, ...

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

read the matrix.

It does suck that they don't include the Stern Invisiglass and the shaker...

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

read the matrix.

I know, i was dreaming.

#76 6 years ago

Count down to LE ...

I had a feeling Stern was going to go all out on this pin.

Very exciting.

#77 6 years ago

I posted this on a Maiden thread a few days ago.

Great Battlefield pic.

A79DC175-A9F4-4284-84F2-60A379FF0759.jpegA79DC175-A9F4-4284-84F2-60A379FF0759.jpeg

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I posted this on a Maiden thread a few days ago.
Great Battlefield pic.

That would be an awesome translite.

#79 6 years ago

Frankmac, this is a great picture but I'm really thinking the "Battlefield" art is going to be taken from the Legacy Of The Beast comic book. I own all of these and Eddie actually has to go out and battle all of the Beasts kin (The Wicker Man, Horus, etc) to get back the shards of his soul, which the Beast ripped apart. I posted a picture of it in one of the other threads from the cover of one of the comic books. It's just a feeling I have, but I may be wrong of course.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Frankmac, this is a great picture but I'm really thinking the "Battlefield" art is going to be taken from the Legacy Of The Beast comic book. I own all of these and Eddie actually has to go out and battle all of the Beasts kin (The Wicker Man, Horus, etc) to get back the shards of his soul, which the Beast ripped apart. I posted a picture of it in one of the other threads from the cover of one of the comic books. It's just a feeling I have, but I may be wrong of course.

The good news is that the pro looks amazing. I would think the Pre and the LE will take it from there. No worries, I think it is a win win all around!

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The good news is that the pro looks amazing. I would think the Pre and the LE will take it from there. No worries, I think it is a win win all around!

Yeah for a long time Borg was the king of packed pros but Keith just did that on his first try and knocked it way out the park!!

Other than the game looking better than great in every aspect, the best part of this whole game/reveal is the positivity its created around here, I haven't seen Pinside this positive about a new release or just in general in a long time, bravo Keith and team

#82 6 years ago

I think whats going to make this game sooooo good is that Keith had a few years to design and tweak it to a players game. That and its just so different than the typical fan or out and back.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think whats going to make this game sooooo good is that Keith had a few years to design and tweak it to a players game. That and its just so different than the typical fan or out and back.

From listening to the podcast Keith mentions that George helped him tweak the shots and refine the layout resulting in smoother/easier shots.

But your right the layout is a BIG reason this game is such a hit, me and my kids love the GOTG movies and as a theme it’s perfect yet the game hasn’t grabbed me as of yet.

I haven’t listened to a single Maiden track in my life and it’s not my kind of music but the pin totally has my attention because of the layout/design, even my 7 year old son notices the layout and has also commented on the fact that daddy has no games with 4 flippers and that it’s cool

#84 6 years ago

I know everyone wants limited to be 500 but with 50 going to the band there should be more, I mean the world is a big place and 500 is a small amount, make it 666 at least

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I know everyone wants limited to be 500 but with 50 going to the band there should be more, I mean the world is a big place and 500 is a small amount, make it 666 at least

Pertaining to the USA and the LE it's only 200 if not less with Maidens huge following in South America some of the USAs will go there. Crowds there are by far the biggest of any place Maiden plays. Check out the size of the crowd in this video.
Forward it to 1:48

50 to band
250 to Europe
200 to USA

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Absolutely not...... The more you raise price point and saturate the market the less limited ( and valuable ) an LE will be.

At these price points there is a very limited number of collectors that put out that kind of cash anymore, The regular guy wont take the risk of taking a 1/2 k hit every time the games not desirable.

I have not purchased an LE since MOPLE and thats before Sterns BS price setting. Game was 6500.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From listening to the podcast Keith mentions that George helped him tweak the shots and refine the layout resulting in smoother/easier shots.
But your right the layout is a BIG reason this game is such a hit, me and my kids love the GOTG movies and as a theme it’s perfect yet the game hasn’t grabbed me as of yet.
I haven’t listened to a single Maiden track in my life and it’s not my kind of music but the pin totally has my attention because of the layout/design, even my 7 year old son notices the layout and has also commented on the fact that daddy has no games with 4 flippers and that it’s cool

Also not listened to Maiden but it is great pinball music as intensity is off the chart.

And Keith's rules already look like they are going to be awesome when finished.

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787/12

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also not listened to Maiden but it is great pinball music as intensity is off the chart.
And Keith's rules already look like they are going to be awesome when finished.
http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787/12

Rules look straightforward and easy to understand, which should make for a fun experience. More stoked to play a Maiden and to see all versions than any Stern since TronLE.

#89 6 years ago

Anybody seen pics yet?

hype4.jpghype4.jpg

hype6.pnghype6.png

hype5.gifhype5.gif

hype3.jpghype3.jpg

hype1.jpghype1.jpg

hype2.gifhype2.gif

#90 6 years ago

I think the perfect price point and number made for LE’s should be when the LE’s sell out and games are not being flipped for profit.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody seen pics yet?

No but the insider rumor .... there is a lot of hype around this pin.

#92 6 years ago

Why do you consider great interest in a title to be hype? I think most people are genuinely excited by this layout and rules and its a breath of fresh air frankly.

Quoted from ttown:

No but the insider rumor .... there is a lot of hype around this pin.

#93 6 years ago

There will probably be a VE with all the bells and whistles. They are all gone.

#94 6 years ago

LE or PREM pic? Looks awesome. 4347B4B9-0550-4A74-83D4-B41063AF13D8 (resized).png4347B4B9-0550-4A74-83D4-B41063AF13D8 (resized).png

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE or PREM pic? Looks awesome.

Likely both

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Looks cool! I'd make sure to get some mylar down under that flap to prevent playfield wear.-maybe Cliffy can come up with a new protector like he did for the TWD lift ramp?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE is going to be amazing . Can not wait..

#98 6 years ago

Lookin sweeeeet

#99 6 years ago

Think we might see some pics today......

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Think we might see some pics today......

It would be great have a few teasers !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le/page/2?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.