C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like using these external volume controllers in the tournament button Hole.

Great idea, can I ask where they come from? Not sure if they are available in Australia...

#602 5 years ago

Europe still has to wait at least 5 weeks till the LE's arrive

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Great idea, can I ask where they come from? Not sure if they are available in Australia...

pinballlife.com carries them
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4735

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

It hasn't been standard for a long time.

It's threaded and can be loosened however just loosening it will not remove the bubbles.

For the life of me I can’t understand how installing that plug instead of the friggin’ tournament button can save Stern any material amount of $.

Luckily Canadian games come with the tournament button still. Makes no sense...

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Luckily Canadian games come with the tournament button still. Makes no sense...

Maybe it's a wash in Stern's eyes since your coin door only has 1 slot.

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Maybe it's a wash in Stern's eyes since your coin door only has 1 slot.

Nah, we have the same coin door as the US. I think Europe gets the funky door.

The bean counter that decided to save $2 per game by installing a plug instead of the tourny button didn’t account for the additional costs they will incur due to the plug causing the front decal to wrinkle. Nevermind the much more substantial customer goodwill they are burning by removing the button and shipping some games with messed up decals.

Total fail!

#607 5 years ago

Says on the Pinball Life page. The Pin-Vol does not work with Spike 2 Games?

#608 5 years ago

#326 arrives in Canada! The hype is pretty close on this game, it's a blast to play right out of the box. It's one of the best Sterns in a while IMO and we're looking forward to the future with this one

IMG_1412 (resized).JPGIMG_1412 (resized).JPG

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Says on the Pinball Life page. The Pin-Vol does not work with Spike 2 Games?

You're looking here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

Instead of the link provided for Spike 2 games:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4735

#610 5 years ago

NIB #108 available. Beautiful game - wish I could keep it! Can deliver to NW Show if it lasts that long.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64365

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

it's a blast to play right out of the box. It's one of the best Sterns in a while IMO and we're looking forward to the future with this one

No offense to you nor am I ripping on the game itself but isn't any NIB game "one of the best" when its (well) new? Congrats on the new game!

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

NIB #108 available. Beautiful game - wish I could keep it! Can deliver to NW Show if it lasts that long.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64365

Nice to see you selling it for a price that isn't in excess of 10k....GLWS

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No offense to you nor am I ripping on the game itself but isn't any NIB game "one of the best" when its (well) new? Congrats on the new game!

Lol, true, and no offense taken. What I meant was it's pretty well coded straight out of the box, and even though I've unboxed the likes of Spiderman, AC/DC, and TRON, all great Sterns, they all left something to be desired until they were worked on for a while. It's just nice to see a new game as advanced as Iron Maiden is from the get-go. Of course it needs to be finished, but it's still fun.

p.s. this isn't my game it's my brother's. We're both big Maiden fans, but he has more money than me haha!

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Lol, true, and no offense taken. What I meant was it's pretty well coded straight out of the box, and even though I've unboxed the likes of Spiderman, AC/DC, and TRON, all great Sterns, they all left something to be desired until they were worked on for a while. It's just nice to see a new game as advanced as Iron Maiden is from the get-go. Of course it needs to be finished, but it's still fu

Agh that makes more sense now! Yeah Stern has always released their games with the code far from being "finished".

Quoted from shock_me:

p.s. this isn't my game it's my brother's. We're both big Maiden fans, but he has more money than me haha!

have you worked your way into his will yet????

#614 5 years ago

Is adding a tournament button easy on a Spike 2 game? I recall older Sterns it not being straight plug and play. I did not see any Spike 2 tournament buttons on PBL site either.

#615 5 years ago

Code .98 is dropping!!

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Code .98 is dropping!!

Hopefully "Improved Stability" means the lockups are fixed.

EDIT: Lots more eye candy in attract mode in the new version. It's really coming together strongly. Scoring seems to have loosened up a bit more, too. Very nice for a .01 bump.

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Code .98 is dropping!!

.98 is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

.98 is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yes! Downloading now...

V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Can I Play with Madness - new mode added as one of the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure awards
- Instant Info - Soul Shard, Tomb Awards, and Mystery Awards have been added
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - Jackpots / Double Jackpots / Quadruple Jackpots now being properly called out
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
- Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
- Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
- Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
- Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
- Tomb Lock Gate - diabling this device will change the mummy lock to happen at the bullseye (as the diverter and sarcophagus devices already do)
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - Mystery Orb light show added
- Light Shows - tomb flashes now when you have the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure lit
- Attract Mode - now cycles through select background videos
- Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added
- Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
- Replay - added replay animation
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'FEAR OF THE DARK SECRET BG %' adjustment
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 150M

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hell yes! Downloading now...
V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Can I Play with Madness - new mode added as one of the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure awards
- Instant Info - Soul Shard, Tomb Awards, and Mystery Awards have been added
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - Jackpots / Double Jackpots / Quadruple Jackpots now being properly called out
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
- Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
- Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
- Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
- Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
- Tomb Lock Gate - diabling this device will change the mummy lock to happen at the bullseye (as the diverter and sarcophagus devices already do)
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - Mystery Orb light show added
- Light Shows - tomb flashes now when you have the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure lit
- Attract Mode - now cycles through select background videos
- Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added
- Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
- Replay - added replay animation
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'FEAR OF THE DARK SECRET BG %' adjustment
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 150M

New mode and I hear a Run to the Hills mode is being worked on as well.

My only complaint is the game needs more scoop modes and this is being addressed. Awrsome!!!!!

#620 5 years ago

#418 here.. What mods is everyone doing? LERmods and Mezel both have Eddie pharaoh eye mods that look cool.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

#418 here.. What mods is everyone doing? LERmods and Mezel both have Eddie pharaoh eye mods that look cool.

I picked up and currently still installing...

Separate Polk 12' sub woofer - A MUST!!! Bought a Pinnovators lineout
Pinstadiums - HUGE improvement as middle of the playfield is very dark. Makes the art really pop!
Titan Rings - Red flipper and clear rings throughout and Super Shiny Balls
Pinball Life - BriteButtons Red LED flipper buttons, Accessory power supply for Spike2
Mezel Mods - Eddie Pharaoh eye mod, Backboard illumination - still need to install
Ulek - Full translucent blue plastic protectors and flag flipper toppers
Beatmaster - Red LED Shooter housing - In transit
Mustang Paul - Red LED Leg lights and Chrome bolts

and more to come as they are released!!!

#622 5 years ago

I may have the verbiage wrong, but are you guys always doing a "full" update or just a "quick" update. Is there a benefit to one or the other? Does one keep high scores? Sorry if this has been discussed. I did a full to .97 when I opened it, but now I am thinking maybe a quick update?

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I may have the verbiage wrong, but are you guys always doing a "full" update or just a "quick" update. Is there a benefit to one or the other? Does one keep high scores? Sorry if this has been discussed. I did a full to .97 when I opened it, but now I am thinking maybe a quick update?

The quick update has always worked fine for me.

#624 5 years ago

My LE arrived yesterday with sarcaphogus not registering balls. Balls go in trap door in ramp but just sit at the exit gate door, ball just sits there until bal search and then does not register the shot made. Anyone know if there is a easy way to adnust switch 40 and 42? Seems like i have to remove the whole sliding door in front to get to one of them. Any help appreciated.

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Separate Polk 12' sub woofer - A MUST!!! Bought a Pinnovators lineout

Does the machine have a subwoofer installed stock? Or just the 2 speakers in the cab?

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

My LE arrived yesterday with sarcaphogus not registering balls. Balls go in trap door in ramp but just sit at the exit gate door, ball just sits there until bal search and then does not register the shot made. Anyone know if there is a easy way to adnust switch 40 and 42? Seems like i have to remove the whole sliding door in front to get to one of them. Any help appreciated.

One in back of playfield game under the white plastic tunnel and the other just take the 4 screws and the plastic on sarcaphogus and switch is there

#627 5 years ago

Any one else think that theyll eventually be replacing the small flipper? That thing takes a beating at the tip. I feel like Im gonna break it off.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Does the machine have a subwoofer installed stock? Or just the 2 speakers in the cab?

There's one in the cabinet, in the usual place.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's one in the cabinet, in the usual place.

Thx. Then I think I'll skip the external sub upgrade until I have the machine home and hear it.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thx. Then I think I'll skip the external sub upgrade until I have the machine home and hear it.

An external powered sub will be a LOT beefier than what's in the cab, but if you're turning the machine up to rock out, FIRST I'd install a small external amp to drive the Studio 505s in the LE head, or in the case of a pro, get better speakers, too.

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Wrong.

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

An external powered sub will be a LOT beefier than what's in the cab, but if you're turning the machine up to rock out, FIRST I'd install a small external amp to drive the Studio 505s in the LE head, or in the case of a pro, get better speakers, too.

I have a premium on order. Probably the same speakers as the pro. I'll see how much I like it and if I want to upgrade.

LOL. I feel the love. It sucks that bad stock? The 10" Polk is cheap, and the adapter board as well. No rush to upgrade it before I have the machine though.

My TNA sub rocks out though. But Scott did a great job with it.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone done this external amp yet? Which one do you recommend?

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Has anyone done this external amp yet? Which one do you recommend?

I'm using the one similar to the one in Houdini. Amazon has it for $26:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071HZ5LE

Once the new speakers and parts to make the adapter for the L/R out on the spike board gets here, I'll do the upgrade and write it up in a post with pictures.

#635 5 years ago

Sub is a must my guy, on any pin, but esp a music pin.

#636 5 years ago

Agree, Sub, Pinstadiums and upgraded playfield glass (PDI, Invis etc) change the experience of the game imo...

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sub is a must my guy, on any pin, but esp a music pin.

Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, Sub, Pinstadiums and upgraded playfield glass (PDI, Invis etc) change the experience of the game imo...

ok thanks guys. I watched Owl's stream on an LE with 10" sub. And the recording even reproduced the boom and thud from the sub. In IMDN, the call outs and SFX really take advantage of the sub, LFQ stuff. Just ordered the parts. Thx.

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm using the one similar to the one in Houdini. Amazon has it for $26:
amazon.com link »
Once the new speakers and parts to make the adapter for the L/R out on the spike board gets here, I'll do the upgrade and write it up in a post with pictures.

Any pics from your upgrade ?
Thanks mr V

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any pics from your upgrade ?
Thanks mr V

All the parts aren't here yet. I'll hopefully have everything early next week and get it done next weekend-ish.

#640 5 years ago

Added a couple things...

20180525_171452 (resized).jpg20180525_171452 (resized).jpg

20180525_171458 (resized).jpg20180525_171458 (resized).jpg

20180525_171544 (resized).jpg20180525_171544 (resized).jpg

#641 5 years ago

LE arrived today.
What a beauty, and crazy nice Sound.
Big difference with the JBL speakers.
Super happy.
Only one thing was bad, At one of the legs the paint where bobling.
Will ask my distro.

7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg

D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpegD03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg

#642 5 years ago

A great IMDN LE unboxing/gameplay/review video just posted by PinballSupernova:

#643 5 years ago

Sharing this rendering FWIW. This came out of a discussion I had with Steve at Pinball Refinery regarding potential armor/trim colors. The color is intended to be close to the radiation yellow/green he offers for TSPP.

IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpgIMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg

#644 5 years ago

Sharing this rendering FWIW. This came out of a discussion I had with Steve at Pinball Refinery regarding potential armor/trim colors. The color is intended to be close to the radiation yellow/green he offers for TSPP.

If you're going that bright AND doing the coin door, not doing the speaker panel looks weird. But why that color anyway? It doesn't really match anything in the art on the LE.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Only one thing was bad, At one of the legs the paint where bobling.
Will ask my distro.

Stern QA for the win. No way that would have been missed if they even looked.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern QA for the win. No way that would have been missed if they even looked.

...or maybe cared.

#647 5 years ago

I have that color on my TSPP which is two games down from IMDN LE. I don’t see it as a great choice.

#648 5 years ago

If its a forever keeper for you then go for it....outside of that, I wouldn't.

#649 5 years ago

Looks like Shrek and Hulk LE had a baby and this is the afterbirth.

#650 5 years ago

A great IMDN LE unboxing/gameplay/review video just posted by PinballSupernova:

Thanks Tuna....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.