C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they just moved setting 47 it to Music Attenuation, setting 159 in the game-specific feature adjustments. Set that to 60 and the Speech Attenuation to -5 and the music will be so low it will essentially be gone. Makes for a very empty game, though. Not recommended.

Thanks very much. I found Music attenuation under Game setting #164 (-60) and Speech attenuation under Game setting #165 (+60) This essentially solved my problem. There are so many callouts and sound effects, there is still a lot going on. It doesn’t completely get rid of the music, but it’s barely audible. I wish the setting allowed it to go to completely silent, but it’s a big improvement. I put on some music in the background that is more to my liking, and it’s a great overall experience.

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Same here. Love the game and hate the music. If I get one, I would love the music to go away too. Should I trade my Congo for a Iron Maiden Pro?

I wouldn’t buy it if you hate the music Sky.

I think it will get old playing alternate songs on an Iron Maiden theme

I played AcDc a ton then changed out the songs for variety. Got tired of it and sold it

But I guess you could say that about any pin

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Thanks very much. I found Music attenuation under Game setting #164 (-60) and Speech attenuation under Game setting #165 (+60) This essentially solved my problem. There are so many callouts and sound effects, there is still a lot going on. It doesn’t completely get rid of the music, but it’s barely audible. I wish the setting allowed it to go to completely silent, but it’s a big improvement. I put on some music in the background that is more to my liking, and it’s a great overall experience.

Right. LE. Sorry. I was giving you the numbers off the Pro here. But you have it backwards.

For attenuation, a POSITIVE number makes it quieter and a NEGATIVE number makes it LOUDER. Music should be +60 and Speech should be -60. I've never tried a negative (louder) number that high, though. Might want to be careful it doesn't clip the on-board amp.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right. LE. Sorry. I was giving you the numbers off the Pro here. But you have it backwards.
For attenuation, a POSITIVE number makes it quieter and a NEGATIVE number makes it LOUDER. Music should be +60 and Speech should be -60. I've never tried a negative (louder) number that high, though. Might want to be careful it doesn't clip the on-board amp.

Yes, you’re right. I wonder why there is a limit to attenuation that is below total silence? Seems arbitrary.

#555 5 years ago

Expecting mine tomorrow or Tuesday Can't wait to see it in person

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So I tried to hook up a subwoofer and use it for both Iron Maiden and Star Wars and it did not work. One game backfed the other.
So I'm guessing a powered sub can only be used on one game since something else is going on? Anyone know anything or the best way to hook up a powered sub?

I am guessing you hooked one of the pins up to the Speaker Level Output jacks on the sub. Verify where you hooked into. I have two pins on subs, and as long as you hook things up to the right inputs (speaker level in), there should be 2 sets of inputs for these, you should be fine.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Yes, you’re right. I wonder why there is a limit to attenuation that is below total silence? Seems arbitrary.

As long as we're wondering, I wonder why they are bothering with counter-intuitive attenuation instead of just simple everybody-understands-how-it-works volume controls for sound fx, voice, and music.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The Darkness is the worst band in the history of bands. Bought the cd, tried, literally thrown outta my window.

I am sorry your ears don’t work, you should really see a doctor.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wouldn’t buy it if you hate the music Sky.
I think it will get old playing alternate songs on an Iron Maiden theme
I played AcDc a ton then changed out the songs for variety. Got tired of it and sold it
But I guess you could say that about any pin

That's were I'm torn. Game play is fun. I played my friends LE and I like it. But after 15 minutes, the music was (I have had enough). I love the band Metallica so that makes everything about the pin great.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I am sorry your ears don’t work, you should really see a doctor.

That's a true story. But hey, at least we both love Gorilla Biscuits.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That's were I'm torn. Game play is fun. I played my friends LE and I like it. But after 15 minutes, the music was (I have had enough). I love the band Metallica so that makes everything about the pin great.

There's your answer right there. Plenty of other great pins coming down the road!

I've got to start exercising some patience myself

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I am guessing you hooked one of the pins up to the Speaker Level Output jacks on the sub. Verify where you hooked into. I have two pins on subs, and as long as you hook things up to the right inputs (speaker level in), there should be 2 sets of inputs for these, you should be fine.

Yep I have several with 2 pins hooked up. It doesn't work with Maiden and I don't know why. Works with all my other pins. So with Maiden, I just hooked it up to a solo subwoofer.

I'd like to know if anyone else has tried this with Maiden LE and two pins with success?

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Dang, I will say it is amazing all shiny in low light! As much as I love the premium this one is pretty ridiculous in real life...

NightMutilator Congrats !! LE looks great!!

#564 5 years ago

Just got delivered number 227! I am over the moon with this pin! Thanks to whoever started this thread to keep me pumped until I got mine. It’s such a fantastic machine and so very happy to have splurged on an LE

#565 5 years ago

The backglass / translit is unlike anything in my collection. It is truly a work of art

#566 5 years ago

Ive ordered the game and I absolutely flicking hate the music. I am going to do a disco version for it.

I love the game but the theme is irrelevant for me like walking dead and game of thrones, the shows suck but the game is epic. But thankfully unlike other music pins, there is no pictures/video/cartoons of the band playing!

#567 5 years ago

You have bad taste in everything!

#568 5 years ago

My GF and I are addicted to this amazing game...we can’t stop hitting the start button Base is cranked to the max on all speakers and volume is set LOUD! Such a bad ass pin

One question, why aren’t there any attract sounds or music on this game? When I tap the flipper buttons in attract mode, the game doesn’t play any sounds. Is this by design or is there a setting I’m missing?

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My GF and I are addicted to this amazing game...we can’t stop hitting the start button Base is cranked to the max on all speakers and volume is set LOUD! Such a bad ass pin
One question, why aren’t there any attract sounds or music on this game? When I tap the flipper buttons in attract mode, the game doesn’t play any sounds. Is this by design or is there a setting I’m missing?

I really think its soon to come , keith's not finish with this awesome software. I am also a fan of attract mode.

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Some Stern pins have them and some don't. Sounds like IMDN may be in the latter category unfortunately.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Because 0.97, and that's not even stable yet. Give them some time to finish the cake before they start with the icing.

#572 5 years ago

OK, makes sense and not complaining at all. This awesome game is only going to get better with improved code. Can’t wait!

#573 5 years ago

Well LE #340 is home and well! I am one of those of us who are huge Maiden and Pinball fans so this machine is by far and away my dream theme. I couldn't be happier that the stars have aligned and its a great game as well. Being a Maiden collector I have a ton of mods a figures ready to go. Various different Eddies, concert caught guitar picks, ticket stubs, as well as some pin stadium lights I put in last night (MUST)! I have already changed out the Eddie figures for some more detailed ones. Only issue right out of the box was a super weak right flipper. A little investigating found no coil sleeve installed from factory! Glad I had one on hand and that it wasn't a more serious issue, but pretty lame QC IMO. Looking forward to seeing what the topper is going to look like!

IMG_4338 (resized).JPGIMG_4338 (resized).JPG

IMG_4331 (resized).JPGIMG_4331 (resized).JPG

IMG_4330 (resized).JPGIMG_4330 (resized).JPG

IMG_4315 (resized).JPGIMG_4315 (resized).JPG

IMG_4320 (resized).JPGIMG_4320 (resized).JPG

IMG_4312 (resized).JPGIMG_4312 (resized).JPG

IMG_4307 (resized).JPGIMG_4307 (resized).JPG

IMG_4306 (resized).JPGIMG_4306 (resized).JPG

IMG_4302 (resized).JPGIMG_4302 (resized).JPG

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

Well LE #340 is home and well! I am one of those of us who are huge Maiden and Pinball fans so this machine is by far and away my dream theme. I couldn't be happier that the stars have aligned and its a great game as well. Being a Maiden collector I have a ton of mods a figures ready to go. Various different Eddies, concert caught guitar picks, ticket stubs, as well as some pin stadium lights I put in last night (MUST)! I have already changed out the Eddie figures for some more detailed ones. Only issue right out of the box was a super weak right flipper. A little investigating found no coil sleeve installed from factory! Glad I had one on hand and that it wasn't a more serious issue, but pretty lame QC IMO. Looking forward to seeing what the topper is going to look like!

Be sure to send a message to Stern. They should hear about this ridiculous QC. Thanks for posting. I'll check my machine over with a fine toothed comb when it arrives this week.

#575 5 years ago

It probably fell out in shipping.

(lol)

#576 5 years ago

Mine had a misadjusted switch in the sarcophagus passage behind the backboard causing the ball to get stuck before it rolled back out into the sarcophagus. Removed the five screws holding that white plastic to the backboard and bent the switch arm lower to keep the ball from getting stuck on it, but lame that QC didn't catch this before the game shipped. Now the left ramp shots actually reach the sarcophagus lock mechanism. Otherwise, no issues with mine...

#577 5 years ago

QC needs improved for sure.

#578 5 years ago

I know that I'll get downvoted for my "debbie downer" comments, but come on. given that there are only 200 LEs here in the states and canada, how is this acceptable? I've seen posts from at least 10 different individuals having to [adjust] their machines straight out of the box with some of them having to replace screws, nuts and bolts that were either never installed or not tightened properly prior to leaving the factory.

cargument:
what if you purchased an $8000 car and one of the wheels fell off as you drove it off the lot? isn't this basically the same thing?

stern's last couple of new pins have been looking great, but there's a lot to be said about the lack of QC. I think that maybe it's time for them to bring back the "inspected by [x]" stickers and hold people accountable for doing (or not doing) their job

#579 5 years ago

I think that says Ray, as in Charles.
20180511_153341 (resized).jpg20180511_153341 (resized).jpg

#580 5 years ago

QC needs shaping up, yes. But a few switch adjustments aren't really out of the norm, right? I don't know, first nib. This is why I have only ever bought used machines with issues already ironed out.
Switch adjustments...no big deal.
Cracked cabs, cracked clear, ghosting inserts...BIG deal.
So Stern is making some improvements. Haven't seen a cracked LE yet. (YET).

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I know that I'll get downvoted for my "debbie downer" comments, but come on. given that there are only 200 LEs here in the states and canada, how is this acceptable? I've seen posts from at least 10 different individuals having to [adjust] their machines straight out of the box with some of them having to replace screws, nuts and bolts that were either never installed or not tightened properly prior to leaving the factory.
cargument:
what if you purchased an $8000 car and one of the wheels fell off as you drove it off the lot? isn't this basically the same thing?
stern's last couple of new pins have been looking great, but there's a lot to be said about the lack of QC. I think that maybe it's time for them to bring back the "inspected by [x]" stickers and hold people accountable for doing (or not doing) their job

Wheel falling off? No.....not the same thing lol. That is potentially a life threatening issue. No one ever died from needing to adjust some switches or replace a coil sleeve in their new IMDN lol. Now maybe if your new cars radio button didn’t work or the electric sunroof button was flaky yes. But not a wheel flying off. But yes we can all agree that Sterns QC leaves something to be desired.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think that says Ray, as in Charles.

LOL

#583 5 years ago

Stern quality control at it's finest. So disappointing.

20180522_150229 (resized).jpg20180522_150229 (resized).jpg

#584 5 years ago

I had a couple spots like that Bojo. I think you can smooth that out.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I had a couple spots like that Bojo. I think you can smooth that out.

I agree, but at what point does you trying to make it right become "well if you had left it how it was..." you know?

#586 5 years ago

True. But since his is right next to tournament button, I would *guess* you could, very gently, lift it from that button to smooth out. One of mine we smoothed out, one we left.
HOPE THAT HELPS

#587 5 years ago

Mine mostly smoothed out as well. Also on the front decal, very similar spot.

Stern sent me a new one which I'll just hold onto along with the other Stern decals they've sent from past NIB games with decal issues haha... unless you're a couple inches away staring right at the spot with all the lights on it's not a big deal.

But... good to have if I ever need to sell anything and one of you nerds comes over with a pen light.

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

At least the location of that means it's fixable. Remove the plug, smooth, and re-install the plug. It should be fine. When they did this on the BM'66SLE, it delaminated the top layer around the shooter plate and they literally had no replacement parts that matched - for a $15k machine.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least the location of that means it's fixable. Remove the plug, smooth, and re-install the plug. It should be fine. When they did this on the BM'66SLE, it delaminated the top layer around the shooter plate and they literally had no replacement parts that matched - for a $15k machine.

The bottom ones might iron out but the top one (can't really see in the pic) is pinched so might not. I've removed wrinkles around legs before but this is just disappointing to see upon opening a NIB regardless.

#590 5 years ago

I think adjusting a couple of switches is common across all companies and not a big deal. My DILE had more problems. I’ve had two issues, the lower newton ball/clairvoyant orb switch needed adjusting and the switch behind the mummy tomb up high catches occasionally. Given the level of complexity in a hand crafted machine, no robots on this one, I’m super impressed.

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

But... good to have if I ever need to sell anything and one of you nerds comes over with a pen light.

BahahahA. Funny

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I’m confused. What the hell is that piece of foam? A tournament button?? Where is the damn button?

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I’m confused. What the hell is that piece of foam? A tournament button?? Where is the damn button?

It's a plastic button plug and can be removed for a tournament button. There is really no need for the plug up be as tight as they put it on. That is what caused the twisting in the decals.

#594 5 years ago

Thanks BoJo, but I'm confused too as to why there's no tournament button. Isn't that a standard item?

That plug plugs in? Can it be loosened a little to help smooth out any decal bubbling?

I'm getting an LE, I might add. Apparently ours don't ship for another week or two, which might allow a few more minor bugs to be ironed out. That said, adjusting a switch is no problem - in my book it's all about understanding the machine a little better.

#595 5 years ago

For Northwest folks, we are going to have nine Iron Maidens at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show in a few weeks, 7 LEs and 2 Pros, all on freeplay in the Marco booth for the entire 3 days!

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

For Northwest folks, we are going to have nine Iron Maidens at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show in a few weeks, 7 LEs and 2 Pros, all on freeplay in the Marco booth for the entire 3 days!

Holy smokes that's like 4.5% of all the LE's in North America all at one show

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Thanks BoJo, but I'm confused too as to why there's no tournament button. Isn't that a standard item?
That plug plugs in? Can it be loosened a little to help smooth out any decal bubbling?
I'm getting an LE, I might add. Apparently ours don't ship for another week or two, which might allow a few more minor bugs to be ironed out. That said, adjusting a switch is no problem - in my book it's all about understanding the machine a little better.

You don't need one.

The pin itself is AMAZING.

F the little stuff, its incredible if you like to play pinball

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Thanks BoJo, but I'm confused too as to why there's no tournament button. Isn't that a standard item? .

It hasn't been standard for a long time.

Quoted from Chambo:

That plug plugs in? Can it be loosened a little to help smooth out any decal bubbling? .

It's threaded and can be loosened however just loosening it will not remove the bubbles.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#600 5 years ago

I like using these external volume controllers in the tournament button Hole.

330537FB-0FBA-4154-A4BE-5ACAAB45BFEB (resized).jpeg330537FB-0FBA-4154-A4BE-5ACAAB45BFEB (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.