Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP-1980 (resized).jpg
    EMI1 (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Which one should I get? I could also get an AFMLE? What do you think?

#2 5 years ago

I.M. all day. Munsters theme song drive ya crazy after awhile

#3 5 years ago

IMDN

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I.M. all day. Munsters theme song drive ya crazy after awhile

Maidens music and theme drove me nuts pretty quickly lol... fun layout tho.

#5 5 years ago

I'd get afmle...

#6 5 years ago

You’re not going to beat the playability of IMDN LE, It’s one of the best.

I have the Munsters LE ordered. The layout looks great. But I don’t believe that it will be nearly as deep or challenging as IMDN. I can’t comment on the game play.

You need to play both, and decide what you like best. They are completely different from one another.

AFM is a top ranked machine for a reason, it’s a really good pin. I have owned it twice. And sold them both.

#7 5 years ago

I think Munsters is out for me. Making decision tomorrow. Thinking Maiden but AFMLE still intrigues me

#8 5 years ago

Are there any machines of either game still available?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Thinking Maiden but AFMLE still intrigues me

You won't be upset with that choice. If you've never owned AFM, you're missing out. AFMLE is a nice upgrade.

#10 5 years ago

I’d go AFM. However, out of the other 2, I’d go Maiden. Munsters is an unproven commodity. I’m not that crazy about Maiden, but I’d definitely pick it over Munsters right now. Munsters is still in the oven and needs to cook a bit more.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

In a one pin lineup, i’d Go with IMDNLE.
    In a 2-4 pin lineup, i’d Go with IMDNLE.
    In a 5-8 pin lineup, i’d Go with IMDNLE.
    And if it were for a 9+ pin lineup, i’d Go with IMDNLE.

#12 5 years ago

IMDNLE is still in my collection, owned AFM and AFMrLE, and sold both. Depends on your tastes and goals in collecting. Both are great.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

I think Munsters is out for me. Making decision tomorrow. Thinking Maiden but AFMLE still intrigues me

What's in your current collection?

#14 5 years ago

Had Medieval Madness. Loved it but a lot of the same over and over and over again. This will be my second pin I’ve owned.

#15 5 years ago

IMDN has crazy good flow like MM, but with the four flipper configuration of TZ, without the stop and go. Kinda merges the best of both worlds imo. AFMr will ultimately feel a lot like MM, which is a good thing, but perhaps not for you if you became tired of MM.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Had Medieval Madness. Loved it but a lot of the same over and over and over again. This will be my second pin I’ve owned.

Probably go with iron maiden then... any other pins your interested in?

#17 5 years ago

As much as i love Munsters IMDN is really hard to beat. IMDN is one of the beat games ever made in my opinion.

#18 5 years ago

Both LE's are absolutely beautiful pinball games (and my favorite versions)! But Munsters would look better than IMDN between my Batman 66 and Scared Stiff.

#19 5 years ago

Hard to believe this is even a question...

IMLE (fwiw I don’t own one).

#20 5 years ago

If you want a game to constantly challenge you - Maiden.

If you want an easier game - Munsters.

#21 5 years ago

DO NOT get AFM if you just got tired of MM. It’s essentially the same game...thank me later.

IMLE FTW

#22 5 years ago

The problem is that he has a one game collection. So, he's going to need something deeper to keep it interesting. Because of that, IMDN would be a better choice of the game mentioned.

#23 5 years ago

Have you considered Metallica? As great as Maiden is, I think everyone I know still prefers Metallica. I own both and prefer Metallica. Haven't played Munsters yet.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Have you considered Metallica? As great as Maiden is, I think everyone I know still prefers Metallica. I own both and prefer Metallica. Haven't played Munsters yet.

I prefer Maiden over Metallica but both are great games. The mini pf on Munsters will have to knock my dick in the dirt to be on the same level as MET and IM.

#25 5 years ago

Definitely Maiden. I own a Maiden Premium and love it. I have about 30 plays on a local Munsters pro and it is a fun game but there is nowhere near as much going on as there is in Maiden. If you got bored of MM you will get bored with Munsters.

#26 5 years ago

I'd go just the opposite--as good a game as Metallica is I think Maiden is better.

#27 5 years ago

IMO MET is a much better game overall. Maiden is an easy shooter. There's basically no "danger" shots. MET has a good mix, plus "stuff” to shoot at, besides orbits/ramps.

#28 5 years ago

Yep big fan of met and everything it offers... iron maiden was fun shooter but it was just missing something for us.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

IMO MET is a much better game overall. Maiden is an easy shooter. There's basically no "danger" shots. MET has a good mix, plus "stuff to shoot at, besides orbits/ramps.

I think Maiden has a lot going for it with it being a collection game like MET + modes; but of course CIU modes are unbeatable.
    I think you're on to something with the whole "stuff to shoot," although I don;t find anything in MET to be that dangerous of a shot. I mean I guess Sparky can bone you.

#30 5 years ago

Maiden!

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Maiden has a lot going for it with it being a collection game like MET + modes; but of course CIU modes are unbeatable.
    I think you're on to something with the whole "stuff to shoot," although I don;t find anything in MET to be that dangerous of a shot. I mean I guess Sparky can bone you.

The "stuff to shoot" is basically my kiddo's opinion and I think he has a point. It's plenty fun, but it's all non-stop loops.

I mean, the Gravemarkers and pic targets and the occasional Sparky magnet "FU" can at least give some trouble.

On Maiden, really if you're having and issue, just shoot the Pharaoh. The ball comes right back to the right flipper where you can catch, or just bounce pass to the left.

Still, I'd take Maiden over Munsters though. It's got proper wizard modes and progression. Great code.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Why don't you get all of them?

If any are sold out you could always buy one of the others.
    They're all good.

#33 5 years ago

I mean, the Gravemarkers...
    On Maiden, really if you're having and issue, just shoot the Pharaoh. The ball comes right back to the right flipper where you can catch, or just bounce pass to the left.

Tell that kid to backhand the crosses then you don;t need to worry
    But yeah, the left spinner/pop area can be tricky with bricks but overall I agree.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tell that kid to backhand the crosses then you don;t need to worry
    But yeah, the left spinner/pop area can be tricky with bricks but overall I agree.

I admit I can't hit that left spinner. It's tough. I just try to "luck out" during multi ball.

#35 5 years ago

I admit I can't hit that left spinner. It's tough. I just try to "luck out" during multi ball.

Ha yeah it's a weird angle alright

#36 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is the absolute worst noise , music, ever loaded on a pinball game. That said, the play is great. Munsters LE
    is a great theme, hopefully the play will be great as well. All 3 models looked great while they were streamed.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

Iron Maiden is the absolute worst noise...

I think the call outs are great; The rest I'll agree.

#38 5 years ago

Iron maiden it's a fantastic machine and if you like the theme you will love it.

#39 5 years ago

IMDN all day long

If you got bored with MM, then Munsters will be the same mate, just not enough meat on the bone.

#40 5 years ago

Don't get AFM its a great pin but will get old real fast, If ur a Maiden fan then its the easy choice, for me better than MET. If you hate the music then MunLE.

Quoted from Banker:

Iron Maiden is the absolute worst noise , music, ever loaded on a pinball game.

What? ever play RoadShow or TZ? thats shitty music. Then again I don't know how anyone could hate The Trooper or Aces High. IMDN needs a sound rom fix however for those few bad tracks from the later albums and replaced with MMmmmmmm Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Murders in the Rue Morgue. Its needs some Di'Anno. As much as I love my Pre translite I would like the Killers album cover as secondary option.

EMI1 (resized).jpgEMI1 (resized).jpg
    #41 5 years ago

Maiden. AFM is good too. Get em both! Life is short!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

If you didn't like MM because it seemed like doing the same thing over and over, Munsters looks like it might be similar in that regard. Only basing this on what I've read and seen on gameplay streams. Sure it's probably fun, and I *will* buy one at some point based on theme alone, but it sounds like you're wanting something a little less repetitive.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

DO NOT get AFM if you just got tired of MM. It’s essentially the same game...thank me later.
    IMLE FTW

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Quoted from brett:

AFM is a top ranked machine for a reason, it’s a really good pin. I have owned it twice. And sold them both.

I did exactly the same thing. First AFM I did a mini-restore on (clearcoated playfield, etc), and sold it within a month. Theme just didn't "click" with me. A few years later I decided the give AFM another try. So I bought another and did a very high end restore on it. Ruled the Universe within the first week after I finished the restore so I had no problem letting it go. Don't ever care to own it again.

I *do* still own my original MM though.

For you, I'd recommend IMDNLE all the way.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

Iron Maiden is the absolute worst noise , music, ever loaded on a pinball game. That said, the play is great. Munsters LE
    is a great theme, hopefully the play will be great as well. All 3 models looked great while they were streamed.

I'd rather listen to Maiden than hear the Munsters theme.

#44 5 years ago

Glad you bought Iron Maiden, so don’t buy Munsters. I didn’t like MET music either, so replaced it with 15 Led Zeppelin
    songs. Now it’s perfect .

#45 5 years ago

IMDN Pro

#46 5 years ago

Imdn Prem by a mile

#47 5 years ago

^^^ this
    And you save yourself close $4k to put towards a Munsters Pro

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Iron maiden it's a fantastic machine and if you like the theme you will love it.

Honestly, you don’t even need to like the theme. It’s a fantastic game. Not my favorite theme but one of my favorite games.

#49 5 years ago

if you go munsters le, you need your head examined. wait 1-2 yrs

#50 5 years ago

IMDN has made me ignore my other machines!

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le-or-munsters-le?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.