Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP-1980 (resized).jpg
    EMI1 (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

That’s like asking if I want an incredible night with the most amazing woman or someone to poke your left eye out.

IMDN any day of the week.

If for some crazy reason that doesn’t float your boat then AFMR LE.

Failing that jump of a cliff.

#52 5 years ago

IMDN is awesome. The music for me is perfect. I wouldn't change a song. Grew up with Maiden and love all the music. Hallow Be Thy Name, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast. All awesome and fit. I may be alone here but Met is a huge meh for me. Great band but the game... yawn. Sold my Pro and never looked back. Also, I really don't care for the artwork. As for Munsters, pass...

To each their own. I think IMDN is the best Stern game made. I was really disappointed in Munsters. I had high hopes.

AFMrLE is amazing. I owned an original years ago and for me, the remake blows it away. Shaker, topper, lights and of course the display are stunning.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't get AFM its a great pin but will get old real fast, If ur a Maiden fan then its the easy choice, for me better than MET. If you hate the music then MunLE.

What? ever play RoadShow or TZ? thats shitty music. Then again I don't know how anyone could hate The Trooper or Aces High. IMDN needs a sound rom fix however for those few bad tracks from the later albums and replaced with MMmmmmmm Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Murders in the Rue Morgue. Its needs some Di'Anno. As much as I love my Pre translite I would like the Killers album cover as secondary option.
    [quoted image]

I like Maiden music over Metallica and wanted this game made forever but wanted more in it. It’s fast and fun and feel shots in middle of game, but feel more needed to be in it and now leaning towards Metallica which I enjoy the layout and features in game but can be a drainer more than Maiden. So curious to know why Maiden over Metallica pin? I think the Archer layout help per this game be a hit since it’s so different layout. Just curious to know your thoughts, thanks.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

IMDN is awesome. The music for me is perfect. I wouldn't change a song. Grew up with Maiden and love all the music. Hallow Be Thy Name, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast. All awesome and fit. I may be alone here but Met is a huge meh for me. Great band but the game... yawn. Sold my Pro and never looked back. Also, I really don't care for the artwork. As for Munsters, pass...
    To each their own. I think IMDN is the best Stern game made. I was really disappointed in Munsters. I had high hopes.
    AFMrLE is amazing. I owned an original years ago and for me, the remake blows it away. Shaker, topper, lights and of course the display are stunning.

People who love Iron Maiden music and love pinball are some of the luckiest people in the world.

#55 5 years ago

I've played maiden prem and monsters pro on location. both in tip top shape. Maiden all day long. I've considered dumping my met pro for one and I'm not even a big fan of maidens music

#56 5 years ago

I don't dig Maiden's music and I am not generally into music pins either, so I would vote Munsters LE!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

People who love Iron Maiden music and love pinball are some of the luckiest people in the world.

Been a fan for a long time...

JP-1980 (resized).jpgJP-1980 (resized).jpg
    #59 5 years ago

AFM LE

#60 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is a really fun game and I don’t like the music at all.

#61 5 years ago

LOVE the gameplay of Maiden but could never own, the music is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

So curious to know why Maiden over Metallica pin?

I actually found play times on MET very long and eventually very tedious. I prefer the rules, layout, artwork, music/SFX and gameplay of Maiden.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

LOVE the gameplay of Maiden but could never own, the music is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

I don't know what kind of music you like but Aces High? come on. Keep in mind I go from Classical to Frank S T Dorsey Band to J Cash and back to Slayer so I'm not a one trick pony.

#64 5 years ago

I didn't even really know of their music, let alone like it before playing IMDN. Needless to say, I love the band now because of the game. It gets played LOUD. My kids and wife LOVE it. Since the machine arrived, its the game of choice. Exciting as all hell, and diverse in how it can be played. All of the shots are satisfying as hell. Sterns best ever in my very honest opinion...This blows MET out of the water, and that's saying a lot!

No brainer for me: IMDN is the clear winner. Oh, for the record, pro is the way to go!

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

Oh, for the record, pro is the way to go!

I have been going back and forth on the pro vs Premium

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

IMDN has made me ignore my other machines!

The game is so great, that 4 of us had to own it, lol!

GB pro still gets lots of time at home, but IMDN is Mikey and Helens favorite at the moment

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have been going back and forth on the pro vs Premium

Flow and artwork made my decision. The newton ball, physical ball lock, and color changing GI wasn't enough to get me to drop the extra coin on a prem/LE. Normally, I go LE...This time, I couldn't justify it. I'm glad I went LE on GB and TWDLE though when I had them. What a fantastic upgrade they were from the pro!

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

Flow and artwork made my decision. The newton ball, physical ball lock, and color changing GI wasn't enough to get me to drop the extra coin on a prem/LE. Normally, I go LE...This time, I couldn't justify it. I'm glad I went LE on GB and TWDLE though when I had them. What a fantastic upgrade they were from the pro!

The artwork on IMDN Pro is my favorite of the 3 games! Tough call but alot of bang for the buck with the pro on this one.

1 week later
    #69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

The artwork on IMDN Pro is my favorite of the 3 games! Tough call but alot of bang for the buck with the pro on this one.

Get a Prem....... Lenny also forgets to mention. The beacon ( totally badass ) up and down ramp to break up gameplay ,metal lighted apron like the LE , plus some other minor stuff along with what he mentioned

Plus let not forget an extra mode

#70 5 years ago

Neither. Recession on the way soon.

#71 5 years ago

Just saw this post....has anyone owned or played MunstersLE yet (scanned thread, and it doesn't appear any here have one yet)? Mine's due this week....

How do you compare something that isn't even out yet?

#72 5 years ago

I played a Munsters Pro yesterday and own IMLE. If those are your choices, Maiden all the way.

I hit Munster Madness on game 2 and the game just left me feeling flat. The sad thing is I’m a Munsters fan.

I’m also updating my collection right now with some new pros and was very interested in Munsters. Not any more. I bought a SW Pro last week with no regrets. Now I’m deciding between DP and GOTG.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

I played a Munsters Pro yesterday and own IMLE. If those are your choices, Maiden all the way.
    I hit Munster Madness on game 2 and the game just left me feeling flat. The sad thing is I’m a Munsters fan.
    I’m also updating my collection right now with some new pros and was very interested in Munsters. Not any more. I bought a SW Pro last week with no regrets. Now I’m deciding between DP and GOTG.

Counting on the lower, mb play field and polish on the code to make it a fun pin...This was LE vs LE (?)

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Counting on the lower, mb play field and polish on the code to make it a fun pin...This was LE vs LE (?)

I understand that it was LE vS LE. If you want to put that much faith in a lower playfield, that’s up to you.

#75 5 years ago

Maiden LE is my favorite modern stern. Attack is my second favorite game of all time but in a small collection, I'd go with maiden. Good luck with your choice.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

I understand that it was LE vS LE. If you want to put that much faith in a lower playfield, that’s up to you.

In fairness, I'm not a music pin guy anyway (have a KISSLE, but suppose many would argue it's not music.. ), so Maiden was out for me anyway.

I do think that MunstersLE will be just a fun pin to play, with a theme that is cool, and great artwork...just me...

Hope Op plays an LE, and gets the one he wants. Have no idea what he wants, but can't compare a pin that no one really has (yet).....

#77 5 years ago

I'll toss in my 2 cents here.....

AFMLE - The best of the 3 pins you are considering. People say it gets old or the code is too simple....NEVER! It's a super fun game and there is alot to shoot for. Blowing up MARS never gets old....I've only done it twice but it's so much fun when you get that far.

Munsters LE - Looks like it could be great but we won't know for several years until they get the code further along. I love the theme and I am in for an LE. If your a fan of games by John Borg & Steve Ritchie you'll probably love Munsters. It seems like people either like the fast play of Borg & Ritchie or the stop n go play of Pat Lawlor (Funhouse, Twilight Zone, Addams Family). For me personally I'm a Borg/Ritchie fan over Pat Lawlor but he has some good ones. I just like my pinball fast & furious.

Iron Maiden LE - Love the band, was disappointed in the layout of the pinball machine. It's Archer with Maiden artwork. Stern could have done so much more with this license but they just slapped the Iron Maiden artwork on and there ya go. I just don't feel Stern put the effort into this machine and yes I've played it many times, I just don't enjoy it. With a few tweaks and toys they really could have knocked this one out of the park but it's just a lackluster pinball experience with no direction, super cool, art and great music!

#78 5 years ago

Maiden Pro with a Premium translite. Save yourself a few bucks and get all the same fun.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I do think that MunstersLE will be just a fun pin to play, with a theme that is cool, and great artwork...just me...
    Hope Op plays an LE, and gets the one he wants. Have no idea what he wants, but can't compare a pin that no one really has (yet).....

The comparison is tough especially without many out there yet. I think the enjoyment of the game may depend on the type of player you are, whether you step up, flip and what happens happens or if you’re a more structured player working thru the game. I’m the latter and it just seemed shallow to me.

All in all, it’s a $9,000 gamble with LEs these days. Nothing to sneeze at.

There are many pins out there with something for everyone. This one was not for me, at this time.

I hope your game meets your expectations. No sarcasm intended. Just sending you some good pin-karma.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

I hope your game meets your expectations. No sarcasm intended. Just sending you some good pin-karma.

Thanks for the good vibe!!! Truth is, I'm an average player at best....some nights I want to focus on a deep game and get as far as I can, other times, thrashing around is what gives me the rush.

Fortunate enough to have a pretty wide lineup that accommodates...hoping MunstersLE brings its own personality to the gameroom....

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

I'll toss in my 2 cents here.....
    AFMLE - The best of the 3 pins you are considering. People say it gets old or the code is too simple....NEVER! It's a super fun game and there is alot to shoot for. Blowing up MARS never gets old....I've only done it twice but it's so much fun when you get that far.
    Munsters LE - Looks like it could be great but we won't know for several years until they get the code further along. I love the theme and I am in for an LE. If your a fan of games by John Borg & Steve Ritchie you'll probably love Munsters. It seems like people either like the fast play of Borg & Ritchie or the stop n go play of Pat Lawlor (Funhouse, Twilight Zone, Addams Family). For me personally I'm a Borg/Ritchie fan over Pat Lawlor but he has some good ones. I just like my pinball fast & furious.
    Iron Maiden LE - Love the band, was disappointed in the layout of the pinball machine. It's Archer with Maiden artwork. Stern could have done so much more with this license but they just slapped the Iron Maiden artwork on and there ya go. I just don't feel Stern put the effort into this machine and yes I've played it many times, I just don't enjoy it. With a few tweaks and toys they really could have knocked this one out of the park but it's just a lackluster pinball experience with no direction, super cool, art and great music!

My 2 cents on your 2 cents:

I sold my AFMrLE. It was a beauty and i do miss it a bit but it wasn't "different" enough for me. Cool while it lasted but then got old for me. Still, one of the all time greats i think because its a fun fan layout that everybody loves.

MunstersLE. The theme is awesome, and like you said, we won't know if it will turn into greatness for quite a while, ala TWD and BM66

Iron Maiden LE - Another one i sold. Man i feel almost exactly like you did with that pin. I had a terrible experience with that crappy Sarco mech so that didn't help either, but i don't miss it one bit.

MBrLE just arrived! It's much more my cup of tea, hoping it teams up nicely with MunstersLE

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le-or-munsters-le/page/2?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.