Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I have room for one have t played either what would you guys buy?

#2 4 years ago

i love both but i would go with dialed in le. it is just the cooler game and really fun.

#3 4 years ago

Had DILE and Maiden Pro.

Dialed In is packed with shots and toys. Maiden is barren by comparison.

But for me, Maiden is 10x as fun. I miss it, big time.

#4 4 years ago

I love my Dialed In but to be fair to Iron Maiden I’ve just played in the wild and at friends house.
    You can’t lose with DI,I still play it almost everyday after a year and a half

#5 4 years ago

Iron Maiden super fun game amazing layout and great rules which gives you lots of strategies and coming back for more.

#6 4 years ago

IMDN 7 days of the week.

#7 4 years ago

Dialed in has that loaded out classic late 90's Bally/Williams feel and is super fun, Iron Maiden is the more modern Stern which is way different. I'd say play both and pick, they are night and day different. For me, Dialed In has been a long term keeper and guests love it. Maiden is a great game, just a different type of game and guests aren't as drawn to it.

#8 4 years ago

I would pick Maiden: Very similar layout to TZ but in a non-wide body playfield format. Even if your not a fan of the music the music grows on you anyways.

DI: I personally can not get past the theme with the cell phone and I hate the title. It is not a bad game but the 'Dialed In' title and the cell phone on the playfield kills it for me.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Dialed in has that loaded out classic late 90's Bally/Williams feel and is super fun, Iron Maiden is the more modern Stern which is way different. I'd say play both and pick, they are night and day different. For me, Dialed In has been a long term keeper and guests love it. Maiden is a great game, just a different type of game and guests aren't as drawn to it.

This ^^^

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I would pick Maiden: Very similar layout to TZ but in a non-wide body playfield format. Even if your not a fan of the music the music grows on you anyways.
    DI: I personally can not get past the theme with the cell phone and I hate the title. It is not a bad game but the 'Dialed In' title and the cell phone on the playfield kills it for me.

That’s such a deep accessment of DIALED In WOW

#11 4 years ago

Dialed In for me.

Why? I enjoy the simplicity and complexity of the rules. I dig the shots, which feel smooth and are like butter when made. Get past the theme and you’ll be fine!

#12 4 years ago

Had/have both and di is a excellent pin and one my favorites ever even after years of ownership. Maiden was pretty fun but didn't last to long for me. Go put some time in on both and decide for yourself. You have many haters on di bc of the original theme but that's part of y i love it.

#13 4 years ago

Iron Maiden hands down will not become so repetitive in nature and easier to maintain. Plus holds value much better than DI. Pinball browser allows changing of any music if Maiden gets on your nerves. The great table layout is way more kinetic in its shots and makes up for music.

DI is okay, but becomes rinse repeat one too many times. Quite a simple game, very linear in game play and the left side loses the ball, with a clunky Bob orbit. Playing at my friends, we move onto Maiden over DI all the time. Also (and this is big), it is a maintence challenge much of the time, from what my friends tell me. The hood is up as much as the glass is on. Lol

#14 4 years ago

I've never been a fan of Iron Maiden's music and I really don't like the cell phone theme but with that said, they are both really fun games with interesting layouts. I'd have to give Dialed In a slight edge however for its humor and fun features.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Iron Maiden hands down will not become so repetitive in nature and easier to maintain. Plus holds value much better than DI. Pinball browser allows changing of any music if Maiden gets on your nerves. The great table layout is way more kinetic in its shots and makes up for music.
    DI is okay, but becomes rinse repeat one too many times. Quite a simple game, very linear in game play and the left side loses the ball, with a clunky Bob orbit. Playing at my friends, we move onto Maiden over DI all the time. Also (and this is big), it is a maintence challenge much of the time, from what my friends tell me. The hood is up as much as the glass is on. Lol

Huh.. thousands of plays on my dile and its been relatively maintenance free.... had the pro maiden so not many adjustments but the premium /le is another story.

#16 4 years ago

I have owned both and DI was not a keeper IMHO.. theme, sound package and sim card shot killed it for me. I have Maiden LE and I love the game! The layout is awesome, rules are great and the sound package kicks ass.

#17 4 years ago

If you can stomach the music, Iron Maiden is prob one of the best tables released recently. I might revisit that and put some time to create a good music mix.

#18 4 years ago

Both are excellent games -- can't go wrong with either one. However, they are very different kinds of games. Play both, and get the one you think you will enjoy in a home environment more. If there is one on location that you can play when you want, get the other one.

#19 4 years ago

I played both and don't own either. Really Like DI. Not a fan of IM, but the layout and shots are great!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clint12:

I suggest you play both - very different games

#21 4 years ago

Selfie and emjoi mode or METAL up yer ASS you choose.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

The hood is up as much as the glass is on. Bullshit!

#24 4 years ago

I own a DI and it is a great game.
    On the other hand IM is super, too and I try to get this machine.
    Why not buying first a DI, play it for a while and sell it to buy a IM?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

The hood is up as much as the glass is on. Bullshit!

I have an LE and it plays flawlessly! The only time I have lifted the hood was to add a couple mods.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have an LE and it plays flawlessly! The only time I have lifted the hood was to add a couple mods.

^ This

#27 4 years ago

dialed in. maiden is a great game too, I would recommend both for a bigger collection. but just one id choose jjp all day.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clint12:

No contest. Spent extensive time with both and Iron Maiden Prem has the staying power.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Dialed In for me.
    Why? I enjoy the simplicity and complexity of the rules. I dig the shots, which feel smooth and are like butter when made. Get past the theme and you’ll be fine!

Dialed In doesn't have complex rules. It's one of the most straightforward recent pins out there.

#30 4 years ago

Maiden is fantastic. DI annoys me. Lame theme, lame modes. Layout is not bad, but cant save it IMO

#31 4 years ago

I own both and love the play of both, but If I could only keep one, it would be IMDN LE.

#32 4 years ago

wrong quote..gonna try again

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If you can stomach the music, Iron Maiden is prob one of the best tables released recently. I might revisit that and put some time to create a good music mix.

id be very interested if you can put a music mix with electronic music or urban). love the music on deadpool & tron.
    as of now on my iron maiden, i turn the music way down and the sounds and speech way up! helps a lil for me anyhow..
    the game is phenominal to play IMO.

#35 4 years ago

If you already have a Stern, definitely Dialed In. That’s assuming you aren’t a huge fan of Iron Maiden or their music!

#36 4 years ago

Clint12 Play both of them and you'll know which one YOU like the best, that's all that matters
    You can't go wrong with either of them.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

Clint12 Play both of them and you'll know which one YOU like the best, that's all that matters
    You can't go wrong with either of them.

But play them more than once or ideally over a period of time. I was enamored with Dialed In for about a month, then it got stale very quickly. Hasn't happened with Maiden Pro or Premium yet after almost a year.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But play them more than once or ideally over a period of time. I was enamored with Dialed In for about a month, then it got stale very quickly. Hasn't happened with Maiden Pro or Premium yet after almost a year.

Dude you are on a crusade against Dialed In or JJP pins .
    Wow!

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you are on a crusade against Dialed In or JJP pins .
    Wow!

Yeah, that's why we've brought literally every JJP pin released in so far for the route I help with and still have a WoZ and jjPotC for that route. Hobbit and Dialed In just didn't last long.

Just like with Stern or Spooky or whoever, when they do things well, I will praise, but if they miss the mark, I'm not going to candy-coat it. I don't have a single pin collection where I have to reinforce that I made the right choice so I feel okay with keeping it. I play them all, I maintain them all, I watch the earnings for all of them on the route I help with. It gives me plenty of perspective.

#40 4 years ago

IM by miles and miles.

#41 4 years ago

Owned DI for a few months but it was missing something, and the SIM card shot was pretty clunky so I sold it. I still own IMDpro and think it’s a great challenging pin. DI has some really easy shots( except SIM card) so that’s something to think about when choosing. Would you rather have a more in your face challenge(IMD)or a easy relaxing game(DI). Both games are mode driven and that’s a plus for me. I think I have IMD still just so I can hit the very challenging ramps and shoot loops.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's why we've brought literally every JJP pin released in so far for the route I help with and still have a WoZ and jjPotC for that route. Hobbit and Dialed In just didn't last long.
    Just like with Stern or Spooky or whoever, when they do things well, I will praise, but if they miss the mark, I'm not going to candy-coat it. I don't have a single pin collection where I have to reinforce that I made the right choice so I feel okay with keeping it. I play them all, I maintain them all, I watch the earnings for all of them on the route I help with. It gives me plenty of perspective.

Sorry I just got the impressions from all your other postings.
    I wasn’t trying to Wonka your post

#43 4 years ago

Have both....DI by far.

#44 4 years ago

Gonna do both thanks

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clint12:

Gonna do both thanks

Good choice

#46 4 years ago

Wasn't a fan of DI theme when I first saw it. Played it, loved it immediately.

Big IM fan and was excited for the pin, played it, hated it.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clint12:

Gonna do both thanks

I was going to say DI is my preference but Maiden is very good as well.

#48 4 years ago

I own both and love both. My opinion on which you should get would depend on what other games you have. I could see DI or IM shining more in different collections.

#49 4 years ago

I have both IMDN and DI on my list. Was looking at NIB IMDN vs used DILE. Buying a new IMDN from Mr. Zach at flip n out pinball. Chose that over the DI at this time mainly because I feel used DI prices are inflated right now. People want too much for their used ones.

#50 4 years ago

I'm unsure how people can compare the two and say "dialed in has a lame theme" with a straight face. Both are great games, but could they have picked a shittier band than iron maiden for a pinball theme?

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le-or-dialed-in?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.