You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bracket (resized).JPG
IMG_3822 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpg
IMG_3819 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

So, I just unboxed my LE and went to put the balls in and all 6 balls drained and fell to the bottom of the cabinet. It's missing the ball trough. Where's the QC? What a major disappointment.

IMG_3819 (resized).jpgIMG_3819 (resized).jpgIMG_3820 (resized).jpgIMG_3820 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Ffs really ? Call your distro. That's unacceptable

#3 5 years ago

WOW - unbelievable! I'm a big Stern fan and have bought numerous NIB games from them, but have never seen or heard about a quality control oversight as bad as this.

This is just plain INEXCUSABLE!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

WOW - unbelievable! I'm a big Stern fan and have bought numerous NIB games from them, but have never seen or heard about a quality control oversight as bad as this.
This is just plain INEXCUSABLE!

Idk the mismatched side rails on a batch GE LE’s was pretty bonkers over the top too

#5 5 years ago

Maybe when they get to $20k Ultra LE’s, you’ll get actual testing and QC.

Nah, they’ll still be built worse than the SAM era games.

Buuuut, keep pre-ordering these hyped up games!!!

#6 5 years ago

Even with no ball trough, it's still better than GB.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Idk the mismatched side rails on a batch GE LE’s was pretty bonkers over the top too

Wasn't aware of these, but that's pretty bad too. Jeesh - c'mon Stern!

#8 5 years ago

That’s shit. While it’s fantastic Stern is cranking stuff out, I can’t believe LE’s go through the door without even being play tested... which this clearly wasn’t because it’s impossible to even play.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I can’t believe LE’s go through the door without even being play tested... which this clearly wasn’t because it’s impossible to even play.

This is an obvious FAIL on Stern's part, no question. But you don't know what happened in the factory. It's totally possible they play tested it, everything was fine EXCEPT the ball through, which was subsequently taken out, and obviously then they (probably another worker) packed the game when they shouldn't have.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

It's totally possible they play tested it, everything was fine EXCEPT the ball through, which was subsequently taken out, and obviously then they (probably another worker) packed the game when they shouldn't have.

It looks like the screw holes underneath the apron was used.
I am guessing you are right.

#11 5 years ago

Wow...just Wow !!!!

#12 5 years ago

Here is a picture of the stamp where it was signed and accepted on April 20, 2018..... a FRIDAY! GO FIGURE!

IMG_3822 (resized).jpgIMG_3822 (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago

On the plus side, it might be some time before there are any noticeable dimples or cracks in the clear coat.

#14 5 years ago

I can always count on you o-din to put a smile on my face! Unfortunately, it doesn't make up for the fact that I have a brand new game that's been sitting all weekend long unplayed.

#15 5 years ago

I hear ya buddy! But at least they didn't stick a forklift thru it.

#16 5 years ago

4/20 build... that explains it!

#17 5 years ago

did Stern blame shipping?

#18 5 years ago

How you are being chill right now is amazing - I'd be steaming.

Stern should be ashamed.

#19 5 years ago

I still have steam coming out of my ears and it's not Monday morning yet.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Stern should be ashamed.

Crap happens. Contact the distributor. I'm sure it will be made right.

My guess is a non pinball person on the assembly line was told to get a ball trough for who knows what or why, and they grabbed one from a game heading to shipping, instead of where the ball troughs normally are. Hence it got missed because it already passed inspection.

Really weird. Really rare. And unfortunate. Stern cares and will set things right.

LTG : )

#21 5 years ago

Can’t believe the forgot the ball trow!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crap happens. Contact the distributor. I'm sure it will be made right.
My guess is a non pinball person on the assembly line was told to get a ball trough for who knows what or why, and they grabbed one from a game heading to shipping, instead of where the ball troughs normally are. Hence it got missed because it already passed inspection.
Really weird. Really rare. And unfortunate. Stern cares and will set things right.

Already did. He told me to contact them directly.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Which once again begs the question “what are distributors for?”.

#24 5 years ago

My guess is after they finished #199 Supreme game, they came up one ball trough short, and it being such an important release they didn't want to screw up, they simply "borrowed" yours with the knowledge they would have more in stock by the time you received your game.

#25 5 years ago

It appears to be this metal guide that is missing, not the ball trough.

bracket (resized).JPGbracket (resized).JPG
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Who is your distributor? I would like to avoid them in the future.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

insult on top of injury

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Who is your distributor? I would like to avoid them in the future.

Exactly. The distributor is basically saying "I got my money, take your problems somewhere else". Complete dick move.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Which once again begs the question “what are distributors for?”.

No shit. Let me click buy from your website! It’s 2018!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Not to be blunt, but find another distributor for next game. My disty (Mike @ Automated) would be all over this if it happened. Would never pass you off to Stern like that.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Wow. Not sure what the bigger fail is in this thread. Stern missing an obvious part of a game or a distributor that doesn't service his customers. Shoot some of the larger distributors have parts on hand and I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have overnighted you the parts you needed to get your game up and running while they fought with Stern to get things resolved. Especially for an LE buyer.

#32 5 years ago

Just to be clear. I bought this from someone that purchased it from the distributor. He sent the email to them and copied me on it. Anyway, I wanted to be the one to contact Stern so I could let off some steam that built up while I sat around all weekend not being able to play it.

I spoke with Stern this morning and they are overnighting me the part.

#33 5 years ago

i can understand your frustration. but let's be realistic. this isn't the biggest mess-up in the course of western civilization. error's happen, it's part of life. as lloyd pointed out, stern cares and right's things when they screw up. you'll get the new part, screw it in, and all will be right with the world. not to mention forgotten.

#34 5 years ago

no, it's not the biggest mess-up, however it is still unacceptable

how can they claim that they test every single machine and then have something like this happen. there's no way that they ran any balls through the game (I would think that's a test to make sure that the trough optos are functioning properly

additionally, this should have been caught prior to the apron being installed to the playfield assembly

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

how can they claim that they test every single machine and then have something like this happen.

Pretty easy.

Seeing it's a lane guide type wall. It got stopped in final testing. The part there was defective. Pulled. And for what ever reason someone forgot to put it a new one in. You can see the screw holes. something had been there.

The removed one most likely had a cosmetic issue. So no need to keep testing. It was noted and pulled and continued down the line past testing. It was there that a non pinball person, or human error, didn't get the new one in before boxing it up.

Unfortunate for the buyer. But Stern is on it after he contacted them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le-missing-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.