4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#419 5 years ago

Guardian Diverter on my Premium quit working properly after a couple of plays. Emailed STERN and got a call back within an hour. Great service.

Turns out they forgot to add the grease to the mechanism before it left the factory. Diverter was sticking trying to go up but could go down easily on it's own. $4 tube of white lithium grease from the hardware store and the game was back up and running.

The sarcophagus captive ball shot quit working on me after a couple of plays as well. Still gotta diagnose that one, but it hopefully looks like it's the switch gap issue that seems to be plaguing this mech.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, my PF has major/visiable "grain". The picture shows the worst angle for viewing the wood grain. When the lights are off, the grain is also visible from the players position. The clear is smooth, so the grain doesn't effect play at all. Just effects the beauty of the artwork. You'd think that for over 7k on the Premium, you'd get a "Gold quality" PF/clearcoat. My AS Pro and SWLE look much better...no visible grain.
I'm told that grainy PF's are the "new normal". If so, major bummer.
snaroff

Both my SW Pro and IMDN Premium has some of that visible "grain" as well. I can only see it when I'm actually looking for it, but it still sucks knowing it's there. At least it's better than ghosting inserts that will actually crack the clear and cause some real problems.

1 week later
#596 5 years ago

I was having the same issue with my ramp sticking in the up position. I added a little bit of white lithium grease as suggested earlier in the thread and it solved my problem (thanks for the suggestion pinside). I thought I'd provide a little more info to others in helping diagnose this issue:

- My ramp was moving up and down just fine if I was careful not to extend it too far, and just lift it up enough so that the other coil plate could engage the stop.
- When extending it just a little bit more (through the full stroke of the coil mech) I could feel the binding at the very end of the stroke.
- You can see in the picture where I've circled exactly where the ramp flap is rubbing against the upper ball guide.
- I added a small amount of grease just in this area and it's eliminated the sticking (although it will likely return).
- STERN Tech Support was very quick and responsive to offer a suggestion as well - the overall mech position can be adjusted slightly so that the flap doesn't rub against the ball guide. Seems like a lot of work right now considering the 10 second grease fix. I would venture to guess that bending the ramp flap up slightly would have the same effect.

Anyway, if your ramp mech is sticking throughout the full range of travel, then this likely isn't your problem, but if it sticks just a little at the very end, it appears to be clear what the hang up is.

Also, shortly after I got my ramp fixed I noticed the scoop stopped registering balls. After lifting the playfield the reason was obvious - the switch was completely off of the bracket and was very close to shorting across the high voltage coil. It had been installed with only one screw. For those owners out there, you may want to do a quick inspection and make sure that switch is indeed attached with two screws - I'm guessing I would have had much bigger issues if it had come loose and shorted with the coil...
IMDN_rubbing (resized).PNGIMDN_rubbing (resized).PNG

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I agree, but they probably don't have most of our contact info. I'm not sure that the distributors send that to Stern.

Registering your game online provides STERN with all the information they need to keep people up to speed on service bulletins, etc. - STERN just chooses not to.

http://sternpinball.com/warranty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 63.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.