4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 5 years ago

My LE arrived yesterday with sarcaphogus not registering balls. Balls go in trap door in ramp but just sit at the exit gate door, ball just sits there until bal search and then does not register the shot made. Anyone know if there is a easy way to adjust switch 40 and 42? Seems like i have to remove the whole sliding door in front to get to one of them. Any pics of location would be helpful.

#90 5 years ago

Oh and my ramp is now locked in the up position. My distributor and Stern have been great but nothing fixed yet. Spending more time on it today.

I certainly feel a little annoyed that both upgrade features from the pro are both big issues out of the box. Oh and Stern is dealing with a ton of calls on the sarcaphogus and i think your lucky if yours works right out of box.

Sort of wish I got the pro but no going back now.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In ramp test, does it find the position?

Nope just does a little shimmy like it wants to go down and then sits there. Its down at the moment but after a few balls it will probably do it again. Assembly looks fine from underneath. Going to have a closer look at coils tomorrow.

#159 5 years ago

Been playing the LE in "pro" mode due to my ongoing issues. Tonight the orb shot captive ball stopped registering so I went to adjust it and it was not gapped well. The thing is no amount of adjustments would make the shot work from a direct hit, only side gits or bottom hits work now. This is a odd switch design to say the least with this metal piece that goes to a weird white plastic piece with a little cup on it. So I give up after messing with it for awhile close the playfield start a game and it now shoots 2 balls into the shooter lane.

I am at a loss about this machine at the moment. One thing after another and I think the game plays better without the LE features regardless.

#180 5 years ago

After 30 mins of trying to tweak the orb shot captive ball switch with a excellent tech on facetime watching me he and I both gave up after many adjustments. In essence unlike the mummy switch was easy to adjust the white plastic "cup" part is really not actuating well off of hits from ball it moves but not nearly enough to engage switch deslite being gapped perfect and bending the crap out of the plast peice to try and get it to move better when hit. If the switch was oriented the opposite way and mounted on left it would probably work a hell of alot better but I am not drilling any playfield.

I am gaining skills but of all my previous games this one has the most issues of all of those combined. Guess I was very lucky previously.

I did fix my two balls ejecting issue so at least one thing is better today. Yes I am a bit salty about this purchase but bitching about it more or yelling about dssign flaws I see is not going to help so I will leave it as not fixed yet but I have hopes to one day play this game again.

It does seem fantastic when it works.

#185 5 years ago

Thanks Ice will try all of that tonight if I have time but spring feel fine to the touch.

Mike stop with the easy way out. Was hoping to flip this sucker in 2028 when i cannot stand anymore and stick it to those millennials bigtime!

1 week later
#435 5 years ago

Scared to say this but I think I have my LE back working as it should. Locktite on both the mummy and orb shafts I hope will help solve a few of my issues. My up/down ramp issue stopped magically. So fixed for now and I learned a lot about how pop bumper switches work.

#512 5 years ago

My LE is again unplayable due to stuck up up/down center ramp. I doubt this is fixable without new parts.

I am a few problems away from giving up.

1 week later
#587 5 years ago

Up/Down ramp now working well. I did not have to dremel the washers. All I did was take it apart and screw it back together and possibly screwed a bit tighter then the factory. Back together and working well and zero hang ups in 40 plays or so.

Orb/Mummy captive balls holding well and I recommend adding loktite to metal shaft to avoid further issues. They are both registering well.

My last remaining issue is the sarcophagus tunnel switch above left ramp. Many adjustments and it's still only working 70% of the time and sometimes the ball just hangs up in tunnel near switch and I need to shove the game to get to move onto gate and other times it goes all the way to gate and does not register. Usually it does not register when you really need it to and it's a bit annoying. Anything easier than changing to a Williams switch as I have yet to get this right?

Game is my favorite pin of all time when working, so that says something. Just one fix left, I guess.

2 months later
#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

After playing this evening, the sarcophagus would not unload the ball. It lowered and the loose ball rolled back, but not into the underworld for ejecting. I left it try several times and it always failed. So I left if for a few hours and came back to it now. It unloaded fine....
Rob

Can confirm you are not alone on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.50
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=starbase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.