4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1266 5 years ago

So I just joined the club on Monday. Great machine! The only trouble I’m really having with it now is that in about 1 out of every 3 games (i.e. frequently), the game will just lose track of the ball when it goes into the sarcophagus (that’s the left ramp when the diverter is up, right?). Ball search does NOT find it, and then eventually the ball pops up out of nowhere and rolls into the sarcophagus lock behind the captive ball. I haven’t quite worked it out where it’s coming from. Maybe this has been discussed and I didn’t catch all the terminology, but what’s going on here?

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's likely getting stuck on the little u-turn behind the backboard. Might need to loosen the screws and make it a smidge steeper so there's a little more gravity to help it out.

Thanks - I will check my pitch too; maybe it’s not set steep enough. Couldnt hurt, haha.

Thanks BTW for the suggestions re: speakers and amp. I am absolutely doing that, especially when i replace one or two of the songs via Pinball Browser. I want to get a couple newer songs in there (Wicker man, speed of light). My son told me he doesn’t like 2 Minutes to Midnight, so Speed of Light, which is his favorite song, goes in there!

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But 2 Minutes to Midnight is a mode. I don't think the visuals will fit at all with Speed of Light.
The only thing that's weird about using the external amp is when you shut the machine off, it almost makes a wheezing sound since the amp is always powered and you hear the line out lose signal. Not bad, just strange the first time.

Oh, I know; i wouldn’t leave it permanently. I can swap out the SDcards to change it back. Hey if it gets him to play a little more, I’m all for it! I am curious if maybe I can change some of the visuals as well. The Speed of Light video looks a lot like the Legacy of the Beast game so it may just work

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Had the exact same problem, but on my Pro, I have a post above about it, but until this weekend I never solved the problem. My theory was that it had to be in the auto-plunge mech since my manual plunger was working. After several hours of messing with the auto-plunge mech all I did was make it so neither worked.
On mine the problem was the screw at the end of the guide (by the upper-right flipper, under the plastics). The screw was pulling the end of the ball guide down from where the guide naturally wanted to be, so the guide was being torqued in a way that caused the ball to go more left. I noticed this when I was removing the screw to try to adjust the guide (there's a slot for adjustment, but mine was as far right as it go already and still hitting the post). As I removed the screw I could see the guide come up and straighten out. I wound up putting a washer in between the playfield and adjustment tab on the ball guide. This kept the ball guide from being torqued while being tightened down. Back to 100%, no bending, no nothing. Launched balls working like a champ again (both kinds). My theory is that over time, the guide settled into the wood an slowly became torqued. Not sure, time will tell.
I've seen lots of theories and solutions for this problem, I actually feel like my solution might be the one as it makes a lot of sense and it doesn't require fine adjustments or bending that some of the other solutions seem to require. It doesn't require a ton of precision from either the auto or manual launchers, which makes me feel better as well.

Any chance you can post a pic? Im not 100% following but I definitely need to make this change.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think this is BS. A NIB game like this should not need these kinds of adjustements. Fix the fuckin problem Stern! I wanted to buy this game and was going to sell one of mine to get it. Thinking about it now, I’m out. I’d have to sell a perfectly good working game, add more cash to the deal, and once I finally get it, I have to constantly fix or mess with the manual/auto plungers to play the game correctly. For $5600 you can kiss my ass Stern! I’d rather keep what I have.

Said every NIB buyer ever

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What is the post-switch power? Thanks for the help.

So, I have this exact same issue. Did you ever find a good solution? Thanks! -- Craig

Nope, not yet. It’s obviously something with a switch not being triggered but it hasn’t happened enough recently for me to cstch what’s going on.

The auto-fire issue is actually more of a big deal, since it wrecks the Trooper multiball set up

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is the biggest bunch of shit I might have ever read on this site. DI plays like shit because JJP used incorrect ramp flaps on both of the orbit shots. Instead of a nice clean flowing game, it's a bunch of bricks and misses because the balls are catching air when they shouldn't, hitting places they shouldn't, and not making the shots they should. The fact that I took the ramp pieces out, tapered them with a dremel and put them back in to fix the issue proves just how serious it is. The game plays night and day when the issue is fixed. Lots of people are having the issue, most people don't realize it, and I tried to tell JJP about the issue and they didn't care at all. Something SO simple just kills DI, so lets not start some JJP vs Stern bullshit.
I could also tell you about my NIB WOZ RR that was so awful the ball couldn't even complete the very first ball launch, they didn't dress the wires under the castle mini and the ball would just hang up under it. That's some awesome QC right there, they didn't even plunge the ball.

Man, sounds like you got a bum game. I have both of these machines and while I do kinda feel like the build quality on DI is better, IMDN just plays killer!

1 month later
#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The rubber sleeve on my Trooper MB diverter post creeps up every 10 games or so, resulting in stuck balls and annoying searches/tilts from trying to free the ball. Anyone else having this problem? I've had MANY games with posts and never had this happen. Before I contact Chas, wanted to see if there are any solutions folks have been implementing.
Thanks,
snaroff
[quoted image]

this doesn't happen on mine, but I'm assuming it must be catching on the hole a tiny bit. You may be able to just readjust the post and center it better

#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the tip/response. That's what I was thinking as well. No adjustment to center the post, but I bent the bracket and seemed to improve it. The mech does have an adjustment for the post height. I raised it 1/8", so the ball is unable to rest in the hole (which it was doing, ever so slightly).
Man, this game is temperamental....
snaroff

good! Much easier fix than the damn auto-fire.

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep...fortunately, the auto-fire works great on my example. My only remaining issue is my mummy captive ball is still wonky. I replaced the armature & adjusted the switch, but the ball itself seems to catch (which requires hitting it to reset).
snaroff

Ooh that does suck. Mine is having an issue with balls repeatedly getting trapped while the sarcophagus lock is moving. This has happened about 8 times now. I immediately pull the glass so nothing bad happens but it is hard with that lock bar.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The mystery newton ball on my Premium started acting up tonight. It's not the mechanism itself or the switch gap, but the positioning of the switch cup. I drilled out the 2 mounting holes slightly bigger so I could position the switch assembly better without having to bend the bracket. Maybe it's also because I have the older spoon posts, but they have to be absolutely 100% centered in the cup. Test by pushing down the back of the plastic cup and if the post moves even a fraction, adjust it again. When it's not centered, the switch may actually open more in one or more directions and the switch doesn't close.
Rob

Man this may explain why I’ve been feeling like my mystery ball doesn’t ever do anything.. thanks for the explanation!

#1505 5 years ago

What's everybody doing as far as their pitch on the game?

I bought one a few months ago and the legs were set to about a 7.3 pitch. The game was hard as hell, but it seemed pretty well dialed in. It's a bit *too* hard for me, so I just pulled it back down to 6.5, and now everything is all crazy! Shots are not returning to the flippers properly, I'm getting tons of drains. Some of it is just me getting used to the new pitch and speed, but it seems excessively floaty. Just curious what's a good setting. thanks!

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I was just going to post about this. My ball is getting stuck on the upper right side and shaking it won’t get it down on the premium model. Any sites sell anything to install for this?[quoted image]

Man! I was JUST about to post about this, and then I figured “naah, maybe it’s just me”. Well obviously not.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Everything plunger related on Iron Maiden is blown way out of proportion.

I think he meant the auto-launch, which is both not the same mechanism, and actually does have issues

#1554 5 years ago

All right, team: I’m having the Orb issue. Could someone please point me to a post with the fix? I know I’ve read it, but want familiar enough with the game at the time.

It just won’t register - if I manually move the captive ball back and forth, yes it works, but it never triggers during a game. So... ?

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Have a browse through the topic gallery, or key posts at the top of page, this will quickly point you the the numerous posts about the crud mech.

Geez, I could have sworn I did that. Must have been in the Owner's thread. Thanks!!

1 week later
#1633 5 years ago

It seems like with a code update they could just fire the upper coil to hold the flipper open when the auto-launch fires, which would reduce the bricks considerably -

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More wear and tear is not a good solution to a different problem.
If you're not careful complaining, they'll just disable auto launch and call it "as designed."

Lol "working as designed"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 85.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.