4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtg381.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

It did the trick for me. I had to adjust the leaf a tiny bit after I switched out the actuator, as I was getting phantom hits when I first switched, but the game JustWorks(TM) now for me.

I received my premium on Wednesday. Both Newton balls appeared to work fine out of the box.(The rubber on the small flipper was broken though)
After a couple of games, I noticed the lower Newton false firing a bit and then it stopped registering completely.
It looks like the pointy posts are already installed, although I don't know what the other ones looked like.
The upper ball seems to move more freely than the lower one, but i can't get it to register even manually.
i adjusted the switch and had it working for a game or 2, but now it's back to nothing.

How is that switch supposed to be properly adjusted?
Can anyone confirm what the old posts looked like?
I may have screwed up the leaf switch because I was a bit frustrated.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

These are my old posts. Make sure your switch is still gapped and not stuck making contact. Go to the switch test menu for this. Also those things need to have loctite on them or you will be fighting them every few games. I had to loctite the mummy captive ball as well because it was coming loose and raising up on the post and putting pressure on the captive lock mechanism.
[quoted image]

Thank you! It does have the new posts. I'm sure the switch is out of whack. Hopefully I didn't screw it up too bad, but I'll mess with it a little later.

Update: I bent the switch back to it's original shape as compared to Mummy switch. I used a small screwdriver to ensure there was a gap, but it didn't start working until I backed off(lengthened) the post that it started registering. I'm sure this isn't a permanent fix, but I'll like post higher scores in the meantime!

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Left orbit should go all the way around?? No way. The metal post fixes nearly everyones game. I know there have been a few people that says it didnt fix their game but id like to see that in person to try and figure out why because i went from 100% rejects to 0% rejects so that is proof that its pretty much a guaranteed fix. I didnt just get lucky that it happened. All the metal posts that pinball life sells are the same so i dont know why it would fix my game and do nothing to yours. Stern could and SHOULD put a metal post in MET instead of the nylon posts.

Not trying to turn this into a MET thread, but what post issue are you referring to? I'd love to fix an issue that I might not have known about!

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No, just the 1.04 code

Correct. And click the top link, not the READ ME file.

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I clicked on the top file.. When its done downloading, it ask me how do i want to open it. Its never done this before on downloads

It did that for me with AC/DC too. Just go into your downloads and copy/past to your thumb drive.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here is your fix....enjoy playing your game the way it was intended to play! Its the post at the top of the left orbit that you hit and your ball comes rollong back down the orbit. Its not supposed to do that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

Ah! Mine already has the metal post, but I can see where that would be un-fun. I am going to Pinball Life tomorrow if anyone needs anything!

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah its so much more fun when the post stops the ball the way that it should. Mine rejected everytime. I thought it was supposed to be like that and always thought to myself how stupid that was, then i came across the posts of people changing out their nylon posts and replacing them with metal ones to fix the issue. Did you buy your game new or used? Im assuming used and the previous owner put the metal post in?

A friend of mine bought it new. I'll check with him to see if he changed it or it came like that.
Maiden did come with the pointy newton posts, but that obviously wasn't the ultimate fix.

2 weeks later
#1174 5 years ago

Speaking of Auto/Manual plunge.

I have to hold the upper left flipper up in order for the ball to feed around the loop, which works most of the time. It seems to catch the flipper if I don't hold it up. Has anyone seen this? Is there an adjustment to the flipper?

The manual plunge has never been able to make it up the loop, but I prefer to go for SUPER SECRET SKILL SHOT! I would adjust the shooter if necessary and it didn't hinder the auto-plunge aspect.

Sorry if i missed this issue being addressed earlier.

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Does anyone know where to order the switch for the newton ball mummy?

I picked one up from Pinball Life for that very same reason!

Stern Tech support offered to send me a new one for free, but i had already picked one up. He verified that I could use it but would have to cut off the diode first. He also claims he sent me a replacement Newton assembly on 9/14, but I still haven't received anything.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Do you have part number for this? Did you cut the diode off and install or still waiting. I am going to be making a pinball life order shortly.

Sorry, I don't have the part number, but I bet you can call them to get it. I placed and picked my order up in person.
I haven't replaced the switch...yet. I was able to make major adjustments to existing spoon and leaf switch after tightening everything in the assembly and it's been working since.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone been sent a complete orb newton ball assembly?

And NO! David Carver from Stern said he was sending me one on 9/14. I sent a follow up email last week and still haven't heard back. The whole thing is a big joke.

2 years later
#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Any other ideas on this?

You might want to try starting over with some of the components. Perhaps something's gotten bent or misaligned. I had a similar frustrating experience with the mummy newton ball. Stern sent me all of the parts to replace the assembly. A friend and I were able to get it dialed in before changing any parts, and it's been working ever since. I should still have the parts somewhere, but I think there might be a couple of p/n variations between the 2 newton ball assemblies?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtg381.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=mtg381 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.