4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1739 5 years ago

I was having loads of problems with my auto launch and plunger. Ball was making the upper loop perhaps 10% of the time.

If been reading all sorts of complicated solutions here, and they all seemed quite finicky.

My solution was dead easy, and it took me all of about 5 minutes.

I removed the ramp. Removed the plastics.

With a nut driver ON the tightened lane guide nut, I used the side of the nut driver to torque the angle of the lane guide.

That moved the upper edge of the lane guide towards the trough.

I used a wide flat head screwdriver to fine tune the angle from the top left back side of the guide, again using the nut driver ON the nut as leverage.

EDIT-I should add that as I tweaked the guide angle, I was constantly testing the new position by full plunging a ball. My goal was to at least get it to work while the upper left flipper was in the up position. Lucky for me, I managed to nail the angle, and it is working perfectly with the flipper down or up now.

It’s now working 100%.

I will take some pictures if anybody finds this difficult to follow.

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Photos would be nice. When you say it's working 100%...over how many games? Whatever solution I've tried (and I've fiddled A LOT), has worked well for awhile and then gone South. The only explanation is the guide is very finicky (a fact) AND it's poorly fastened to the PF (which seems to be a theme with this game).
Clunky auto launches ruin this game for me...

I’ve only put a few games on it since fixing it. I suppose it’s possible it could go out of alignment again.

When it wasn’t working, I didn’t really care though! That’s why it took me so long to try to solve the issue... I was having too much fun playing the game despite that feed not working correctly.

I should add that as I tweaked the guide angle, I was constantly testing the new position by full plunging a ball. My goal was to at least get it to work while the upper left flipper was in the up position. Lucky for me, I managed to nail the angle, and it is working perfectly with the flipper down or up now.

I disagree that it’s a game ruining shot though. Mostly because you are never credited with that shot from a ball launch anyway. It’s merely serving the ball in to play. Many people soft plunge too. It killed the choreography of Trooper MB start. That’s about it for me.

#1768 5 years ago

I agree with RA77

Maiden is one of the ALL TIME greats. The code balance is stellar. The game is just so interesting from a geometry stand point. The game forces you to shoot the whole layout if you want to advance. It's really brilliant.

Yup, there are a few mech issues that are a drag. Dealing with the switch in the Sarcophagus lock is no joke... but SO worth it.

I think if I only had one game... this would be it. It has supplanted TWD as my fav of all time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.