4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#974 5 years ago

I got an IMDN premium this week and I seem to have most of the problems in this thread.

My sarcophagus captive ball does not register hits, unless the ball is pulled forwards, towards the front of cabinet. Sometimes side-hits will trigger it, but for the most part, it just bounces balls off to no affect, which makes one of the main parts of the game unobtainable. I've seen some posts about people reversing the switch and messing with the ball, but I wanted to check if anybody has put together a guide for fixing this sort of issue, before I just try all the things people have suggested.

The orb captive ball is also very hard to trigger, but it's way easier to trigger in the switch test mode than the sarcophagus one.

#1017 5 years ago

I sent an email to stern on Sunday night, and today I received the updated newton ball actuators they said they'd send me. It's completely fixed my "the newton ball doesn't register 95% of the time" problem, and now it seems to work every hit.

In the first game with the table back down, I immediately unlocked mummy multiball twice, back to back, and had a really great game. This went on for some time after that; this game is a lot more fun when all the major features work!

I attached a picture of the old part (left) and the new, much more pointy part (right), for anyone who was curious. They're roughly the same length.

Updated_Part (resized).pngUpdated_Part (resized).png
#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Better put some blue loctite on them if you havent done so already or they will come loose and screw your switch up and even afer that i think they will need adjusting from time to time also. This has got to be the shittiest switch design in all of pinball.

I think I got it on really tight with my wrench, but it is really hard to tighten it with only the ball to hold onto. I'll check it after some more games this weekend and order some. Thanks for the tip!

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks very much for posting. Is the part number correct for the replacement post?
Cheers

I have no idea, sorry. They knew what I was talking about when I contacted them, so hopefully you won't need to actually reference the part number.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

So will the new actuator solve the mummy newton ball switch issue? Mine is fubared. I can adjust it and it will work for a game or two and then right back to not working. Weird because my orb seems to work fine.

It did the trick for me. I had to adjust the leaf a tiny bit after I switched out the actuator, as I was getting phantom hits when I first switched, but the game JustWorks(TM) now for me.

1 week later
#1117 5 years ago

edit: double post

#1118 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with airballs on the ramp getting stuck here? It's happened a few times to me recently, and I need to take the glass off to get it unstuck. Maybe a spike?

stuck_ball (resized).pngstuck_ball (resized).png
#1135 5 years ago

I was going through my audits as I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05, and I noticed it said I only have 11 left drains, 12 right drains, and 669 center drains? Unless I'm misunderstanding what a left/right drain is, that seems way off? I seem to lose balls on the left/right drains way more commonly than I do down the center, and the idea of only 11/12 is laughable.

Does anyone else have funky results for audits 52/53/54?

#1155 5 years ago

All of a sudden my auto-plunge is making 0% of loops. Has anyone made a guide with images for adjusting the alignment of the auto-shooter? My manual plunge works perfectly, so I don't think I need to adjust the ramp at all. I wasn't able to get any improvements adjusting the power of the shot in the settings either. I have my playfield balanced at 6.5 degrees, which helped someone else in this thread.

There was a post on page 7 by Chalkey saying to lossen three screws, but I don't see a set of three screws that makes sense to adjust? I have four holding it into the playfield, is that what they meant?

If I touch the auto-plunger, I can make it wiggle left/right. Is it normal for the plunger itself to have some play sideways (not the direction it hammers)?

4 weeks later
#1218 5 years ago

I wonder if the auto-plunger has the same effect? It is metal-on-metal unlike the manual plunger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=maide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.