1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,200 posts
  • 299 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 276 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191026_121732 (resized).jpg
AE80355F-5C88-4F47-ACF9-CD1947559B71 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpg
C4C11B34-E040-48CA-92DC-99801E773D7D (resized).jpeg
IM right ramp fix (resized).jpg
IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
IMG_2219 (resized).JPG
IMG_2218 (resized).JPG
newton-ball-unscrew (resized).jpg
7728A7C8-BFD1-44AB-83AB-91CB1B9128EB (resized).jpeg
A24B7A39-59AD-45C4-8CA2-27C135D501F3 (resized).png
MVIMG_20190818_220245 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).jpg
IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190817_233035 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (1 year ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (1 year ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (1 year ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (1 year ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (1 year ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (1 year ago)

Post #1713 How to fix auto launch forever. Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#974 1 year ago

I got an IMDN premium this week and I seem to have most of the problems in this thread.

My sarcophagus captive ball does not register hits, unless the ball is pulled forwards, towards the front of cabinet. Sometimes side-hits will trigger it, but for the most part, it just bounces balls off to no affect, which makes one of the main parts of the game unobtainable. I've seen some posts about people reversing the switch and messing with the ball, but I wanted to check if anybody has put together a guide for fixing this sort of issue, before I just try all the things people have suggested.

The orb captive ball is also very hard to trigger, but it's way easier to trigger in the switch test mode than the sarcophagus one.

#1017 1 year ago

I sent an email to stern on Sunday night, and today I received the updated newton ball actuators they said they'd send me. It's completely fixed my "the newton ball doesn't register 95% of the time" problem, and now it seems to work every hit.

In the first game with the table back down, I immediately unlocked mummy multiball twice, back to back, and had a really great game. This went on for some time after that; this game is a lot more fun when all the major features work!

I attached a picture of the old part (left) and the new, much more pointy part (right), for anyone who was curious. They're roughly the same length.

Updated_Part (resized).png
#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Better put some blue loctite on them if you havent done so already or they will come loose and screw your switch up and even afer that i think they will need adjusting from time to time also. This has got to be the shittiest switch design in all of pinball.

I think I got it on really tight with my wrench, but it is really hard to tighten it with only the ball to hold onto. I'll check it after some more games this weekend and order some. Thanks for the tip!

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks very much for posting. Is the part number correct for the replacement post?
Cheers

I have no idea, sorry. They knew what I was talking about when I contacted them, so hopefully you won't need to actually reference the part number.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

So will the new actuator solve the mummy newton ball switch issue? Mine is fubared. I can adjust it and it will work for a game or two and then right back to not working. Weird because my orb seems to work fine.

It did the trick for me. I had to adjust the leaf a tiny bit after I switched out the actuator, as I was getting phantom hits when I first switched, but the game JustWorks(TM) now for me.

1 week later
#1117 1 year ago

edit: double post

#1118 1 year ago

Has anyone had issues with airballs on the ramp getting stuck here? It's happened a few times to me recently, and I need to take the glass off to get it unstuck. Maybe a spike?

stuck_ball (resized).png
#1135 1 year ago

I was going through my audits as I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05, and I noticed it said I only have 11 left drains, 12 right drains, and 669 center drains? Unless I'm misunderstanding what a left/right drain is, that seems way off? I seem to lose balls on the left/right drains way more commonly than I do down the center, and the idea of only 11/12 is laughable.

Does anyone else have funky results for audits 52/53/54?

#1155 1 year ago

All of a sudden my auto-plunge is making 0% of loops. Has anyone made a guide with images for adjusting the alignment of the auto-shooter? My manual plunge works perfectly, so I don't think I need to adjust the ramp at all. I wasn't able to get any improvements adjusting the power of the shot in the settings either. I have my playfield balanced at 6.5 degrees, which helped someone else in this thread.

There was a post on page 7 by Chalkey saying to lossen three screws, but I don't see a set of three screws that makes sense to adjust? I have four holding it into the playfield, is that what they meant?

If I touch the auto-plunger, I can make it wiggle left/right. Is it normal for the plunger itself to have some play sideways (not the direction it hammers)?

4 weeks later
#1218 1 year ago

I wonder if the auto-plunger has the same effect? It is metal-on-metal unlike the manual plunger.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside