4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1285 5 years ago

I think this is BS. A NIB game like this should not need these kinds of adjustements. Fix the fuckin problem Stern! I wanted to buy this game and was going to sell one of mine to get it. Thinking about it now, I’m out. I’d have to sell a perfectly good working game, add more cash to the deal, and once I finally get it, I have to constantly fix or mess with the manual/auto plungers to play the game correctly. For $5600 you can kiss my ass Stern! I’d rather keep what I have.

#1287 5 years ago

Same shit is going on with a lot of MET machines too. The first thing of getting a pinball in play and Stern is having issues with the plunger and auto launch mech. Hum, leading pinball manufacturer and they can’t fix a ball plunging issue. I really like Stern, it’s all the games I own, but this shit has to stop. I’m not gonna support a company that can’t fix their own frickin product.

1 month later
#1539 5 years ago

You would think with all these issues Stern would address the plunger assembly already. I’ll pass on buying any game from them until they get this shit straightened out.

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Everything plunger related on Iron Maiden is blown way out of proportion.

Over 1500 posts about issues tells me there ARE issues.

1 month later
#1763 5 years ago

I’m glad I passed on getting this game. The shooter and auto launch is complete BS. My MET is actually acting up a little too and it’s because the ball contact of both the auto plunge and manual plunger are not hitting center of the ball. I’m gonna have to adjust the mech AGAIN. If I want to play it I’ll just play it on location and save me the money and headache.

4 months later
#1986 4 years ago

^^^I agree the issue lies with the orientation of the ball guide combined with where the ball launch makes contact and how it leaves that guide. Lots of varaiables here. Not quite sure if increasing the coil strength is “really” the fix but I got one anyway. Haven’t installed it yet as my guide adjustment has been pretty good so far but I guess it gets worse as you play more. I’ll see soon enough.

#1989 4 years ago

What they should have done was install a welded post through the playfield like the one below it. Actually, couldn’t we just drill through the playfield and install a longer hex 10-32 screw with with a nylon lock nut underside? That would definitely beef that guide end up to not move.

2 months later
#2098 4 years ago

Do you even have to remove the mylar at all?

3 months later
#2188 4 years ago

It’s all how you position that rail before it leaves the shooter lane and making sure the plunger is hitting the ball dead center. Carefully elongate the mounting holes on that side rail if you need a little more adjustment. It’s a little trial and error but you should be able to find a sweet spot. That’s what worked for me.

1 month later
#2202 4 years ago

My GI lamps by the flippers do the same thing. I think they are suppose to during certain modes in the game but when in regular play they still blink or are even off sometimes. I tried stretching the spring and oblonged the lamp holder for a good connection but it still does it. I’d be interested in a permanent fix too.

2 months later
#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I had same issue with my Pro until I cleaned and waxed the playfield it's been spot in now.

Mines just the opposite. After a cleaning and fresh wax the auto launch is not making the loop about half the time. It’s really a shit design that needs more adjustment in that lane guide. Must be too fast now with the new wax so either need to bend the guide further down or lower the launch coil power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=lethal_inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.