4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#710 5 years ago

Regarding the shooter. I had mine dialed in very nice to work 90+% auto plunge and 95%+ manual plunge. I then sold a pin and rearranged my room for a better 3-pin fit moving IMDN over about 6 inches. I then had shooter problems again and spent countless hours trying to get it re-adjusted to how it was but just couldn’t do it.

That said, weeks later, i ‘think’ I got it dialed back in finally *knocks on wood*. This thread helped a lot in solving the issue because like a lot of others have posted is I would make adjustments then manually kick a ball in the trough over and over and watch it work. Then, start a game and watch it fail over and over. Very frustrating.

In the end; i put the auto plunge power to 245 (down from 255 default) and I adjusted the shooter lane end to be in the furthest open position by loosening the screw that holds it in place and apply a good amount of pressure with my thumb while tightening the screw back in place. I’ll double check my pitch but last I checked it was roughly 7deg. I think another part of my issue is my games are on carpet so when I move a game it takes a couple weeks for the weight and game to settle in. Lucky for me, I’m moving in a couple weeks and get to experience this all over again as I re-dial it in on hardwood floors.

In either case, hope my tips help someone out there as it is a finicky pos shooter lol.

#711 5 years ago

In short, TLDR: don’t test your auto plunge with the game not running. Adjust, test play game, adjust, test play game, etc... tedious but effective.

3 months later
#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I am so glad that my auto plunger was much easier to adjust than the various steps laid out here. I "just" adjusted the guide wall and was done. Apparently, everything else was okay. I wonder, though, is there anyone who has purchased an IMDN who has NEVER had to do any type of adjustment to the manual or auto plunger? I think this is a common maintenance item, though one I am glad to do as I love the game.

My 2nd IMDN PRO I got, just recently, worked flawlessly for about a week. Then, out of nowhere the auto plunge started acting up (manual plunge has and always has been fine). From memory, my first IMDN PRO was the same way, flawless for the first week. It's as if the the auto plunge mech just starts getting loose and worn out. Every other IMDN ive played on location and/or seen in videos always seems to have an issue with the auto plunge so in that respect, it's a relief that it's not just mine.

That said, I did the needle nose pliers thing and bent the prongs and re-aligned them on the ball. That works great for about another 10 games or so then goes out of whack again. Rinse + Repeat.

I may have finally found a fix but I am not going to post about it, nor jinx it quite yet (too late? ), as I just did it today so want to give it a few days and see if it's the same 'ol, same 'ol, where it works for days then puts itself out of alignment again. I'll post back next week if it's still working 95+%.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Iron Maiden Pro
I have an issue with my upper pop bumper - it’s the one that stays unlit until hit.
Problem is it keeps randomly firing during gameplay when ball is nowhere near it.
I’m thinking something has worked it’s way loose?
I’m a novice with Pinball so any help appreciated

Under the pf at that pop bumper is a leaf switch. You’ll have to slightly gap the two prongs away from themselves so they aren’t so sensitive. Pop bumper switches can be tricky. This is the best tool you can ever own as a pinball hobbyist:

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

You want to make very subtle adjustments when it comes to adjusting leaf switches.

1 week later
#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Had the exact same problem, but on my Pro, I have a post above about it, but until this weekend I never solved the problem. My theory was that it had to be in the auto-plunge mech since my manual plunger was working. After several hours of messing with the auto-plunge mech all I did was make it so neither worked.
On mine the problem was the screw at the end of the guide (by the upper-right flipper, under the plastics). The screw was pulling the end of the ball guide down from where the guide naturally wanted to be, so the guide was being torqued in a way that caused the ball to go more left. I noticed this when I was removing the screw to try to adjust the guide (there's a slot for adjustment, but mine was as far right as it go already and still hitting the post). As I removed the screw I could see the guide come up and straighten out. I wound up putting a washer in between the playfield and adjustment tab on the ball guide. This kept the ball guide from being torqued while being tightened down. Back to 100%, no bending, no nothing. Launched balls working like a champ again (both kinds). My theory is that over time, the guide settled into the wood an slowly became torqued. Not sure, time will tell.
I've seen lots of theories and solutions for this problem, I actually feel like my solution might be the one as it makes a lot of sense and it doesn't require fine adjustments or bending that some of the other solutions seem to require. It doesn't require a ton of precision from either the auto or manual launchers, which makes me feel better as well.

TLDR: I’m using the foam fix - drop dead ball foam magic for the win. The stuff is like magic for pinball.

The problem with my plunger and shooter lane, and it was the same for my 1st IMDN as well as the ones I’ve played on location and at shows, is that the manual plunger works fine - 100%. It’s the auto plunger that gets ‘iffy’ from time to time.

I tried the needlenose torque the auto plunge prongs idea and that seems to work well for about a day then it goes to whack again. All the while the manual plunge remains in tact.

So to me, i didn’t feel that the shooter lane needed adjusting. I spent many countless hours on my 1st IMDN tweaking the shooter lane, sometimes it would help the auto plunge and mess up the manual and vice versa. But a common theme was that after many many plays the auto plunge would always go back to inconsistent behavior and this shows from location games and streams across the board.

On my new (2nd) IMDN the auto plunge worked flawlessly for about a week or more then started going to whack. I believe the problem is with the mech and how loose it gets over time giving the plunge more side to side movement over time.

That all said; my fix (for now) is 2 pieces of drop dead ball foam on the inside part of the prongs of the auto plunger. This has been the best result I’ve had yet with this issue. The auto plunge mech has right to left movement so each time it fires its inconsistent. The foam acts as a shock absorber if you will, and helps keep the ball secure and in place during the full plunge of the mech giving me roughly 98% accuracy....at least for now. Ive had this working for about 1-2 weeks and has been great but did hhave to make one adjustment to it last night so will report back in another week or 2 if it’s still doing the trick.

One thing I did have to do is change my manual plunge spring to red; the foam would put the ball about a 1/2 millimeter further away from the manual plunge that I needed a stronger spring to get a better plunge to the supper skill shot. Though without changing the spring, a full 100% plunge would still sometimes make it.

I don’t know why, but if the auto plunge isn’t working during multiballs, it completely ruins the game for me (OCD?). So I am happy with the foam fix. I do have a replacement auto prong and an idea to keep it more secure with no side to side movement that I may try if the foam fails me.

More to come...

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It wrecks the trooper multiball start and that's not OCD, the game is not working as designed. And the unfortunate problem is that it doesn't take much of a mechanical divergence for ball launches to start missing. Ball launches on some games is just tricky business it seems. The auto launcher on TZ is another one that can be finicky.
I will maybe look at shimming the launcher to remove play. For now it seems to be working again.
Rob

Or give the foam fix a shot and see if you have as positive consistent results as I have.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

I'll try to make a guide for this as it's a quick easy fix. My fix has resulted in it working 100% with the slop in the auto mech that's naturally there.
The reason that the slightest mechanical divergence causes a problem is that ball guide is no longer perpendicular to the playfield. By putting a washer under the adjustment part of the rail keeps the rail perpendicular with the playfield. The goal is to keep the rail perpendicular with the playfield, in my case it required a washer at the end.

Nice I may give this a shot too if my bandaid foam fix doesn’t hold up

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm still not happy with the manual and auto launch on this game. And I'm starting to think it will never be absolutely 100%. Just when you think it's all good, it will start missing shots again. Bugger....
Rob

Try the 'foam fix' it's been working out great for me *knock on wood a million times*

6 months later
#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Ok I was noticing that Revive was never getting activated on my Pro for some reason... and then I realized that the lower spinner is not registering. I went into switch test and can’t make the spinner register even if I push the switch blades manually? Is this a bad switch or something else? In switch alerts I see this:[quoted image]

When you manually test the switch, do it by hand, and slowly trigger it - do you hear a click from the switch? If so, your switch should be good. You can test the other spinner switch to hear the click. Next step would be check wiring to the switch; make sure none of the wires broke off.

1 month later
#2011 4 years ago

I posted this in another IMDN thread. Thought I’d share here in case anyone else is successful doing it, this post can get indexed if so...

You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*
I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.
I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).
Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck!

ED212633-8B87-4115-BD68-3D63F23AF7F6 (resized).jpegED212633-8B87-4115-BD68-3D63F23AF7F6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Last night on 3 player on ball 2 for player 2 the game went right into auto launch multi ball. . any idea on,wich switch this could be ? It has done it once or twice and I don't get a switch to register on switch test .., it never seems to do it on single player . it only seems to do it on multiplayer ,..

Sounds like it was trooper multiball that was started? If so, it can be triggered from either the spinner switch at top or the right loop switch; and I think there might actually be 2 switches in that right loop so check both. Also make sure you have the most up to date code installed.

1 year later
#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll check to make sure the spinner switch is registering early enough to consistently count spins. Seems like 2-3 are needed to activate the lock, maybe mine is skipping a spin or two or something.

Make sure you’re on the most up to date code. This was an issue on early code. Also, there are certain modes or sequence of events where the trooper won’t lock. It’s quite rare, it seems to happen most often in FOTD or on a ongoing combo sequence, but it’s happened in other instances too. So I’m not sure if that’s the case for you, but it may just be a code issue if it’s rare.

This drove me nuts when it was broke on early code and I thought it was a switch when it wasn’t.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.