4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

My fix to making the loop consistently
Like many, perhaps all users, my pin was able to make the loop 100% out of the box with both the auto-launch and the manual. Then mysteriously over time (about 4 weeks) the auto-launch would miss 1/20,1/10 and eventually 19/20, but for whatever reason manual would still work. It was consistently hitting the post right below the loop (low). I was sure the auto-launch mech was to blame and I focused on that. I eventually made it so both the auto-launch and the manual would hit low (but I never touched the manual launch). but as it turns out the auto-launch wasn't the problem.
I saw other guides that mentioned bending the right-side guide rail to solve this problem, but I really didn't want to do that (I didn't like the idea of bending something that didn't seem like it needed bending). Plus, it seemed like this solution was susceptible to wax, cleanings, or even strange looks. Regardless, after exhausting all possible adjustments to the manual/auto-launch mech, I started down the bending the guide path. What I noticed was that as I removed the end screw the guide, the end lifted up and became more vertical (closer to perpendicular to the playfield). I tried a shot with the rail in this position, made the loop instantly. Tried a few more. Perfect, just like day 1. I found a washer that was the size of the gap and tightened it down. It hasn't missed a shot yet. The guide is not 100% perpendicular, but it is the natural position the rail wants to be in as opposed to being torqued down.
Simulated view looking at the far end of the right-side rail.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This might require re-adjustment too over time, it's too early to tell. Good luck, and let me know if this works for anyone else!

Can someone explain about this washer fix? is it the washer under the post. The diagram is a bit misleading as it shows a screw on the left side and from what I see is a black post that sits next to the ball guide. Mine has a washer under this post. Is that what this fix is about?

My auto launch never works.

#1328 5 years ago

Thanks. I put in the washer. Seems it now plunges rhe ball into the upper left flipper not the post below it. So it did make a difference but too much. Maybe my washer is too thick? One thing I noticed is lifting the left flipper during the plunge guarantees the orbit. I am thinking of adjusting the left upper flipper slightly higher. This might help. Now that I put in the washer my manual plunges all suck. Time to tweak that. This is very frustrating

#1338 5 years ago

Just wanted to share.

I seem to have fixed my manual and auto launch issues. They never worked until I added the washer under the ball guide. Found a good one but then it was hitting the upper left flipper. I move the guide and far inward as I could and tightened it up. I also adjusted the left flipper straighter as it seemed drooping and my son noticed the shots made it perfect when the left flipper is up. Just making it straight and less droopy seems to make the flow great. Now the manual and auto plunge work great and the loop shots are amazing from the right flipper as well since they don't hit that damn left flipper. Played a great game tonight and oh man is this game a blast with it is set up right.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

As I understand it, the washer would go under the guide wall tab. I.e., it would be PF, washer, guide tab, screw.
[quoted image]
However...I think this would only be a fix for those that have a guide wall that is torqued. I.e., where the guide wall is not perfectly perpendicular with the playfield. I'll go ahead and still add it to the plunger adjuster guide here ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/25#post-4645095

Yes this is exactly where is goes. Once I adjusted mine and adjusted the upper left flipper I am 100% success on manual and auto plunges. I hope I didn't just jinx myself but Trooper multi-ball works great as it should and the right flipper loop shots are seamless. Before adjusting I could barely get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 24.50
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.