4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually I’ll change my opinion
I would want all of the features of this pin it’s that good
It’s addictive like TWD. Maybe more so
Get the premium

I'm not sure your first opinion isn't correct as the Premium doesn't pencil out $$ wise for the added features and it has the least appealing artwork, imo. That being said, if I liked the art I'd still buy a Premium because this game is so cool.

1 week later
#195 5 years ago

Well...there are a lot of sharp people on Pinside, there must be a few Sharpe ones at Stern, so between the two sources I am confident work-arounds will be found for all these relatively minor (but annoying) issues. Can't believe that Keith would leave us hanging--he seems to have too much integrity do that.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m about to buy a Premium but I’m getting a bit worried. It seems that they are rushing these out the door a little too quickly and not testing them very well. Should I wait a little while to let the get their act together?

Maybe, but then you'd be rolling the dice that anything will change/improve by waiting.

Quoted from iceman44:

It's a phenomenal pin. The Sarcophagus mech is crap.

Perhaps not counting on Stern to do it, but surely someone will figure out a way to improve this?

#283 5 years ago

The initial plunge slams into the far post instead of going around the orbit, but the auto plunge works perfectly. I have adjusted the plunger assembly which did not help. So, do I adjust the guide and risk screwing up the auto plunge? Thoughts?

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Check to make sure the manual plunger is well aligned.

Thanks, I went back and re-aligned it one last time and that did it. However, now I lost my great auto launch, it usually hits the post--bummer.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Take off the plastics on the right, there is a little adjustment tab. It’s hard to adjust but even a slight change makes a big difference.

Does the wire form have to come off to get to the plastics?

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yes, remove the wireform.
If your auto plunger or auto plunger AND manual are off, adjust the ball launch metal guide as described above. If your manual plunge is off, make sure your plunger is centered both horizontally AND vertically on the ball as it rests.

Thanks. My auto was working perfectly until I got the manual to work by adjusting the housing vertically. Maybe I moved something on the auto mech when I did that--if it was working well before the guide has to be really close to being right.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Have you tried removing the washer on the outside of the shooter rod housing (by the small spring) to help with the manual plunge? This did the trick for me. Thanks hassellcastle

I did not get to that trick, a vertical adjustment fixed the issue. Somehow that fix goofed up the auto launch--wouldn't think that should have affected it.

#297 5 years ago

It might work, but I'm at a loss as to what removing the washer would do mechanically? I thought it was just protection for the housing.

#307 5 years ago

I can't explain it, exactly but I can give you a good tip on how to start playing with it. Loosen the 3 phillips head screws, then completely remove the two hex head sheet metal screws. It will move a lot, but won't if you do not remove the hex heads. I had to make several adjustments before I got it in the right spot. Still have not replaced the sheet metal screws, but I'll get to it. They seem redundant, anyway.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I hope I don't have so many problems with my jjp potc when I get it! LOL JK
Up the Irons!!

I heard you may have trouble getting the counter-rotating disks to work properly...

#322 5 years ago

One of my pads was completely missing, and the other one was broken. Sent Stern an email asking for new ones. My upper left spot does not work, no obvious reason for it being dead.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I thought the same thing re: left spot.
Did you try it in the flasher diagnostics?
Mine works and flashes for about .5 second when the tomb is about to open and that’s it. It should be flashing the whole time the tomb is opening in my opinion (or just on to throw some needed light on it).

You sir, are a genius! It is indeed just a flasher (that should really be put to better use, as you said). I almost didn't post this "problem" as it was so minor, but glad I did--I never woulda figured that out.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hardly! Looks like they were listening to us!

Funny about that, I sent Keith a message and he responded that it had been tweaked some in 1.0.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just did the update on my LE...
Wow.
Best code update. Ever.
Massive improvement all around... my first impressions:
1) Pin plays so much better from a coding standpoint. Timings of everything working are improved tremendously. Example, starting a mode when shooting the underworld- modes start INSTANTLY. No delays... just starts the mode and the ball shoots back out quickly.
2) Secret skill shot... plunge right into the left outlane for a 25M skill shot.. luckily I do this all the time hahaha
3) In Fear of the Dark mode... I saw Keith Elwin walking around in a hat.. LOL
4) Light shows are improved and way more intense in some modes.. I think Aces High especially...
5) More sound effects in various shots
6) Everything actuates quicker. I can't get over that. Seems like less delays
7) Scoring is improved... scores rack up quicker than ever
Power Targets started results in an improved small light show to know its enabled
9) Animations are improved
Im sure there's plenty I missed but don't delay and update RIGHT AWAY

Thanks for all this info--I never see any of this cool stuff as I am too busy trying to keep the ball(s) in play...

Quoted from trilamb:

Blarg. Well my auto-plunger is back to hitting the upper left flipper almost every time. Tried to readjust the right metal guide but doesn’t seem to matter where I put it. Not sure what else to try.

Yeah, I get it to strike the ball correctly about 40% of the time and have given up.

#363 5 years ago

Noticed "Mummy" wasn't doing anything anymore, which is about the only thing I am halfway good at. Thanks to all the posts here it was easy to figure out what was going on and to fix it. I have a feeling the newton ball mechs are going to be adjusted a lot...

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think blue or yellow is really an "issue". Neither one of them look good.

I wonder how red would look?

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hold the left flipper button while it's auto plunging. Problem solved. Anything else I can help with?

That doesn't solve anything, it hits the post before it gets into the orbit.

#440 5 years ago

My auto launch worked perfectly until I fixed the manual launch issue--hitting the post. Manual now works 100%, auto launch went in the tank (hits the same post 60% of the time)--which was why I was hesitant to fix the manual plunge in the first place. If you all find a definitive fix, I'll try it--otherwise I'll just live with it.

#466 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue with a ball still on the table and the machine goes dead, then starts totaling up the score? This isn't being caused by an overload of switch hits, either. Maybe a trough issue--thinks it has 6 balls when it only has 5?

#471 5 years ago

That's a lot of not recognizing--I'll take a look (again) at both of these.

#541 5 years ago

Or zip tie the connector together

1 week later
#593 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Ok, so I've had Mummy newton ball registering issues since I received my LE. I've made adjustments 4x now to get it working and it has once again stopped working. I am SO FRUSTRATED. Out of everyone who has had this issue, which solution worked best for you that has 100% solved it?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I hope there is a permanent fix, but I doubt it. I think we are in for constant adjustment on this--the point gap has such a small window of being right it doesn't take much to knock it out of adjustment. Being hit hard all the time certainly doesn't help...

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I was told that Stern has a fix available for the chronically out of adjustment newton ball switches.
I called Stern Support and asked for the fix. They sent me a new bottom post that screws onto the newton ball post under the playfield. It has a much sharper point on it than the stock post. I haven't had a chance to measure the stock one to see if it's any longer or not though.

Of course, they only sent one.
Since I loosened/lowered the stock posts 2 full rotations and used loc-tite on the threads to keep them there my switches are probably working 95% of the time and never false firing. I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I bother putting this new post on.
In any case, I'd recommend contacting Stern support to get them to send out this replacement post if you are having issues. Make sure then send you 2x of them though.

Thanks! I just called and ordered two.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just ordered one too. The tech guy (Not Chaz) sounded perturbed. But he usually does. We must be flooding them with this request. Always enjoy working with Chaz!

We shouldn't have to ask for the fixes, Stern should be contacting us and/or mailing them out to anyone who bought a Maiden Prem/LE.

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Got my replacement auto-plunge from stern today. My distributor came and soldered it on for me and.... it seems to be a LOT better. Now, only time will tell - and we did have to readjust the manual plunger and slightly bend the guide rail - but neither of those things used to do anything before to help my auto-plunge issue, and I am now getting 9/10 or 10/10 clear auto-plunges. Will report back in a few days, but if you were having the auto-plunger/manual plunger issues, a free replacement kicker from stern might be your answer.

My auto plunge still sucks. What is different mechanically on the new auto plunger?

#648 5 years ago

You have to remove the two bottom screws and loosen the top three. The bottom screws (I think those two are sheet metal screws) don't allow any adjustment like the top three do.

#665 5 years ago

I'd take 80%...

#676 5 years ago

Just got my new newton ball actuators from Stern. Problem was new ones look just like the old ones. So I call Stern and talk to David. He told me they were expecting calls, as a bunch of the old ones went out by mistake. So I'll wait for the pointed ones to arrive. I asked if there was a fix for the auto launch. He said there are not any new parts, just to keep adjusting it--and once adjusted give it at least 20 games so that it can try and correct itself before re-adjusting. If that doesn't work, "call back".

#679 5 years ago

Hmmm...using some linseed oil on the shooter lane might be a good idea...man I miss that smell!

#694 5 years ago

Anyone have a good adhesive they have used to affix the rubber bumpers to the top/front of the head? Mine both came off during shipment.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

3M 467MP tape.

Thanks!

#703 5 years ago

I gotta think if you call Chas and/or send him a photo he'll have a good laugh and send you another one.

#705 5 years ago

Don't have a photo, but if they are fully rounded on the bottom they are the old ones. Sounds like your leaf gaps are incorrect, take a look at both at set them with a really small gap, try it and repeat if that doesn't fix the issue. May take a couple of tries, as there is a really narrow range of gap that is acceptable.

#707 5 years ago

I finally broke down and bought a leaf switch adjustor tool, as it is really hard to get the tiny gap on the newton balls right without it. When I adjusted mine I tried a really small set of needle nose pliers, then used a toothpick and my fingers. Its hard without the tool.

1 week later
#770 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Anyone elses auto-plunge seem to be working better after the latest code update?

No.

#780 5 years ago

For anyone waiting on the new pointed newton ball actuating arms--I was told by David they are back ordered, unknown how long it will take for them to arrive.

#784 5 years ago

My auto plunge is almost laughable. Sometimes it hits the loop, usually not. Now it is hitting so far down the post on occasion it is almost sad. There does not seem to be much auto or "learning" (as Chas said it will do) going on with the plunger.

#788 5 years ago

Yes it is.

1 week later
#801 5 years ago

Just installed the pointed newton arms and re-gapped the switches--seems to work perfect. Played with the auto launch some more--still sucks.

#807 5 years ago

I just talked to David about the auto launch issue. He said they have been working on it and as of right now there is no permanent fix. It is going to be a continual battle unless someone comes up with the magic fix. I may try a stronger coil to see if that helps--the next strongest coil per David is a 23700, #090-5022-00T--he said it is about 10% stronger. He also said to make sure the machine is level side-to-side, and try 6.5 pitch.

Well, I spent a couple of hours this morning adjusting everything and its grandmother, and the auto plunge still sucks. I can make it a little better, but never better than 75%.

#820 5 years ago

If you can get the manual plunge to work, so should the auto--right? I still think a stronger coil is the answer, but have not tried it to see if it will work. Come on, Stern, figure this out ( or admit the design error).

#878 5 years ago

dts--Next time you come to vacation in Aguanga, please stop by and fix mine

1 week later
#975 5 years ago

First thing to try is to make sure the leaf switch point gap is not too big, too small, or closed. It is such a fine line between being right and being wrong it isn't funny. The actuating arm has to be centered in the plastic cup. If you don't have the newer pointed actuating arms, call Stern and get two. If you don't have a leaf switch adjusting tool, buy one--"your gonna need it!"

#1013 5 years ago

If it is anything like mine as soon as you fix the manual the auto will go wonky...

#1036 5 years ago

...reading thru the whole thread...

#1043 5 years ago

I just checked and all four of my flippers had no play at all. Someone on the assembly line is just mashing the flippers down until bottomed and tightening them there.

#1051 5 years ago

Having an issue where the ramp gate to the sarcophagus lock won't stay up when it should. The lights flash for the shot to be made, but the ramp seems confused--sometimes it goes up then comes right back down. Anyone experience this or have a suggestion?

Found the problem, one of the gate locating "points" was hitting the ramp before going all the way into the cutout. A slight bend and that fixed it.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Allright.. so three weeks of pure playing bliss have ended abruptly..
Trouble free, untill a few days ago. I dont mind the dialing in, captive balls etc. But the mummy lock has me stumped..
I dont quite understand the software logic enough as to why one switch can upset the gameplay so badly to terminate play .
I had a non registiring lower sarcophogus switch, so took out the assy to fit new 2 roller style switches, as reccomended on the forum.( the good cherry versions)
Adjusting them proves difficult, as they are a little stiff, holding the ball rolling back into the through. Too low.. and the front one wont register in the most horizontal position.. its super minimal
Question is .. Are there different length leafs with a roller?

I seem to recall reading that only the rear switch should be replaced with a roller as it was just too hard to get the front roller set up properly. You'll have to read back thru the Maiden threads to find this post and see if I am recalling this correctly.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Check posts 729-735 has some good detail
Topic gallery and index at top of page are a great feature. Thanks Pinside !

Didn't know that was there, thanks!

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh man, been down that road brother. It's unreal how a less than 100% functioning Sarco mech and those two switches can negatively affect game play.
For one reason or another i've broken this mech down many times, and its just a POS.
I wouldn't waste any more time, get a new mech from Stern, that's what i finally did. Back to full bliss.
When i got the new mech however, the hidden 3rd leaf switch which rotates the wheel literally fell apart, arm just dangled and dropped so i had to replace the switch from the old mech to the new one before finally getting it in excellent shape!

Has Stern upgraded the mech, or did they just sent you one that worked properly?

1 week later
#1122 5 years ago

The pointed actuator arm should help, if you don't already have it. Make sure the bottom of the arm is centered in the cup, if it isn't it can hang up and refuse to re-center after moving.

1 week later
#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I don’t know as it didn’t bother me but I will check now and once I know will feel compelled to fix it.

I'd leave it alone. Mine was the same, fixed the manual to100% which altered the auto (somehow). Never got the auto as good again.

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Any tips and tricks for these two issues?:
1. Ball balancing at the back of the PF after resting on right post. Have to wait for ball search to fire the post to send the ball to the upper left flipper. This is happening more and more lately, enough that I need to find a fix. Really sux when 3x is going.
2. Ball balancing on on a lowered drop target. This happens when 1, 2 or all three are down. Have to wait for ball search, and the ball is launched to perfectly bank into the right outlane. Drives me nuts when I'm doing well. Need a fix!

As for #1, I adjusted the post height--give it a try and it may work. Didn't really help me all that much, but a slight shake will get the ball moving.

1 month later
#1289 5 years ago

I've monkey'd with mine and tried most of the fixes. Some helped, some didn't. Now all of a sudden it is auto launching at about 90% or better. Hope whatever bent into the right shape stays that way.

1 month later
#1448 5 years ago

I found a good way to set the contact gap is to use a small bright flashlight so you can really see in-between the contacts. You can get the gap down to almost nothing (the contact area is really small) using a good lite and a leaf switch adjuster tool--which is what you need to adjust the gap properly.

1 week later
#1488 5 years ago

My advice--if the auto plunge is perfect--don't screw with it! Wait until you have auto plunge problems before touching anything.

#1491 5 years ago

I speak from experience. Mine came with the auto working 100% and the manual hitting the post. Got the manual to 100%, auto went right in the dumper. Took me forever to get the auto back--shoulda left things alone...

1 week later
#1563 5 years ago

I just noticed that both my left flippers seem to be firing at the same time and are not staggered as I would expect. Anyone else experience this? Best way to adjust if this is not the preferred method of operation? Thanks.

#1567 5 years ago

Uh oh, I got two different opinions on the left flippers firing together. Anyone have a tie-breaking opinion based on how their game is set up? I'm not sure if mine was like this the entire time I've had it, or if it something that changed over time.

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hey Billy,
Correct staging should be same a right,
There are 2 leafs, compare how they are set.
Light press lower flippers only, full press upper flippers and lower flippers.

Thanks, I'll get it adjusted correctly!

2 weeks later
#1664 5 years ago

I'm betting they were replaced with cheaper switches.

1 week later
#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Played a couple IMDN's in the wild recently and both the manual and auto-plunge failed a majority of the time. Sad.
For those games that aren't fixed by cleaning/waxing, I urge you to contact Stern support. Stern makes business decisions on what to fix based on direct customer complaints.

I hope this proves to be true for us. Last time I called I wasn't told this exactly--but in so many words---that they were kind of hoping Keith was gonna figure out how to make this work better. His game, I guess that seems fair. There has to be a better fix for this and the newton ball actuating.

4 weeks later
#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Definitely need to get the manual plunge working before auto-launch...
I'm curious...did you fiddle with the guide prior to installing the new coil?

I'm not so sure about that--my auto was 95% or better right out of the box and the manual was terrible. I got the manual to 100% by adjusting the mechanism placement and the auto plunge absolutely tanked. Took forever to get it almost back to where it was. How adjusting the manual mech screwed up the auto launcher is baffling, but that's how mine went.

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How are you guys correcting manual plunge ? It hits the rubber on top of skill shot pretty much all the time. I tried moving shooter assembly to line up ball with shooter. My auto plunge is about 95% and don’t want to make any moves that would effect the auto plunge. Any ideas?

See post 1854. My advice, leave it alone.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for the advice. I don’t want to fight with auto.

There are plenty of soft plunge skill shots to aim for, which is what I usually do. If your auto goes wonky, then I'd (try to) fix them both--but if you are getting 90% or better auto launch I'd sit back and enjoy it.

2 weeks later
#1879 5 years ago

Well, I just spent an hour and thirty working on the bottom sarcophagus switch.... We'll see how long this fix works...

Nevermind--none of the adjustment worked as it all went wonky again today. I believe the switch is so stiff it isn't going to work no matter how I bend the arm. Next up, taking it all back apart and swapping in a roller switch...

1 week later
#1911 5 years ago

I installed the pointed actuators and think they do work better than the round ones. Not a great deal better, but better.

#1914 5 years ago

I replaced the balky sarcophagus switch with a roller switch--problem solved. Added the stronger auto fire coil, and that does make a difference. Why Stern doesn't use these items to begin with is lame, lazy...and cheap.

2 weeks later
#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I'm having this problem as well. I thought it was getting stuck on the switch there but you say it has more to do with the pf'd degrees! Hmmm, might check this.
The pathway you say to angle slightly?? Can you explain what you mean in a little more detail please.

Mine was getting stuck on the switch arm, as this switch was super stiff (like the one I had to replace in the sarcophagus). I flattened it out a little and that fixed it. A roller switch would have been a better idea here.

#1935 5 years ago

4 months later
#2104 4 years ago

it probably does not come apart, at least not on purpose. I took my mech apart to install a roller switch and it was mostly straight forward, although a little awkward. Just start unscrewing stuff from the bottom-up and eventually the ball and post will come off in one piece out of the top of the mech. The other newton ball is a good reference for putting it back together in the right order.

1 month later
#2153 4 years ago

I've tried nearly all the suggested fixes, some work and some don't (or don't last long). The more powerful coil is a big help and worth the swap--it will increase the percentage of good launches. However, if the auto-launch prongs don't contact the ball squarely and your shooter lane guide isn't smooth and adjusted perfectly, it is not a guaranteed 100% cure. Everything has to be just so to get close to 100% accuracy on the auto-launch. It has to be the most finicky auto-launching Stern, there is no room for error in the set-up. Even the top flippers have to be set at just the right angle to avoid being struck by an auto-launched ball.

#2154 4 years ago

2 months later
#2197 4 years ago

Make sure the end of the actuating rod is directly centered in the middle of the spoon. If it is off just a little it can cause sticking. Even when it is adjusted as good as you can adjust it, it still might stick but another hit should re-center it. I polished the end of the rod to make sure there were no burrs, and made sure the spoon was smooth. Poor design, you just do what you can and live with it.

1 month later
#2221 4 years ago

I just bought a small sheet of mylar, cut a piece from it and placed it under the ramp.

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Neil has demonstrated quite discriminating taste over time and was no doubt looking for a less...how shall we say...okie joe solution to the issue.
Not that there's anything wrong with okie joe. He's a friend of mine, and I call on him quite often in a pinch.

Well...at least I didn't use duct tape...

1 month later
#2241 4 years ago

This may or may not help you. There is a new shooter lane guide that is available from Stern. Super secret, but if you whine they'll send you one. The negative--it did not fit--not even close. But, what they did to gain more adjustability was to leave off the mounting tab towards the end of the guide. I cut the tab off the original guide and it gave me just a touch more adjustability--just like the new guide. That and the stronger coil fix gave me 95% success with the auto-plunge. Has worked great for the last 6 months.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

...Billy16 - Do you mind taking a picture of what you did? I may try that as well.

I'd have to take the guide back off, which I don't want to mess with. If you take your guide off what I did should make sense to you. If not you can send me a photo of your guide and I can tell you what tab to cut off to make it like the newest version of the guide. You could always call Stern and ask for the new guide--maybe it will fit your game.

#2246 4 years ago

Photo 1 is it.

I just looked at my guide again. There is a rivet in the middle of the curve at the upper end. Whatever is attached to this rivet--maybe it was a threaded bolt--is what I cut off (and isn't on the newest guide). It puts all the holding of the end of the guide solely on the adjustment screw, but as S-Squid has noted you can shim the end to keep it in place if the screw tends to loosen. I have not had any issues in 6 months since I used this fix on my guide.

I found my original post on this fix: I made one more adjustment to my shooting guide today that made a big difference, so I thought I'd pass it along. I have made all the normal adjustments and installed the more powerful coil, which has helped. After time my percentage of accurate auto launches was decreasing so I thought I'd take another look at it. Stern had sent me the new and "improved" metal shooting lane guide. I tried to install it and found the adjustment mounting tab was in the wrong place--and I didn't want to drill another hole in the playfield. Both guides are very similar, except the new one does not have the threaded rod riveted onto the guide near the adjustment screw tab. So, I cut the one off of my original guide, filed down a small burr that was right at the end of the guide, polished the guide and put it back on. Oh, ho--a little more adjustment is available with that rod gone! I had to raise the tip of the upper right flipper to make use of that adjustment, but now auto launch is at 100%--and it has never been that good. The only neg to raising the flipper a smidge is that the ball will not loop all the way around to the lower right flipper, but I can live with that. Another plus is the loop shot is way easier to hit with this new alignment--so I like that a lot.

#2250 4 years ago

That's pretty big, I think I took my burr off with a fine jewelers file, then used Blitz to polish it..

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

THANK YOU!!!! I removed the bolt that goes through the playfield and is riveted to the middle of the bend. After doing that it relieved some of the sharpness of the curve and I'm now at 80% with my auto launcher and when it misses it is going to high and goes through the upper orbit. Played a game last night and it was the first time Trooper actually started with all 3 balls at the top.

Cool, glad it helped. Make sure there are not any burrs on the very end of the guide, and watch carefully to see that the auto-launched ball is not just barely hitting the tip of the upper flipper. Then polish the heck out of the ramp and wax the lane. Hopefully this will give you another 10%. If your misses miss high, that indicates you may be able to bring down the end of the guide just a touch. None of my missed launches go high--they will just touch the post.

#2260 4 years ago

You are right about that, once you get it close almost nothing but bad things can happen if you keep playing with the guide. Adjusting the coil power is a good idea--that really helps (I'm guessing you have done the more powerful coil mod--the last piece of the puzzle). Just remember where you started from in case the adjustments make things worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.