4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sutol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from Daemin:

While playing yesterday, however, I noticed that the lower right flipper will move down when hit by a rolling ball. I removed the glass and played with the various flippers. For every other flipper, when I hold down the flipper button, the flipper is held solidly up and wont budge when I nudge with my hand. For the lower right one, it relatively easy to push it down.
This is my first pin, so I'm not entirely sure what could be wrong. I spent last night researching and read about EOS switches, etc. The diag shows the EOS switch is going off, and the gap on the leaf switch looks identical to the left flipper, so I don't think its that.
Is the coil just bad? Does anyone have a suggestion as to what could be wrong?

Could it be the flipper has not been tightened up enough from underneath the playfield. Grab your hex keys and go have a look.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even £1 is like $1.30. What's the machine price in pounds?

Don't sell up and come to the UK vic.
Pro is £6,395.00 Prem is £8,695.00 and the Le is £10,000.00

2 weeks later
#773 5 years ago

I'm fortunate to have auto plunge working 90-100% however manual plunge when I set the game up couldn't even get out the shooter lane.The tip was hitting the ball low right side.
Anyway I undid the 3 screws,adjusted and it kept bricking,it just didn't have enough adjustment.
In the end I completely removed the assembly moved it left and up tightened one bolt and it worked 100%.Then just put the rest of the bolts and two screws back in.
If you turn this scenario around could it be the auto plunger is not striking the ball correctly causing these bricks.
Just a thought.

2 weeks later
#827 5 years ago

I saw a post a while back about the ball hitting the ramp then dissapearing with the machine doing a ball search and not locating it. Ended up in the bottom of the cabinet.
Happened to me yesterday and today which was even more bizarre as I had the glass off and was looking everywhere up top for it.
As soon as you lift the playfield the ball drops at the back of the cabinet.
Having a look around I can't see any way out for the ball to end up there.
Be a cool feature on a Houdini though.

1 week later
#941 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Turn down the trough eject to 180-200 while you're in there. Your machine shooter lane will get beat up less.

Cheers Vic.Learned something new.Ball was shooting out the trough that hard sometimes it was going back in causing 2 balls to come back out in the shooter lane.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

It is so far out of alignment it is insane.

Same issue on mine but it was an easy issue to fix.
I just took it all out and reset the bolts first and once I had it dialled in i put the bottom 2 screws in.
Manual and auto are now spot on.

1 month later
#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Any tips and tricks for these two issues?:
1. Ball balancing at the back of the PF after resting on right post. Have to wait for ball search to fire the post to send the ball to the upper left flipper. This is happening more and more lately, enough that I need to find a fix. Really sux when 3x is going.
2. Ball balancing on on a lowered drop target. This happens when 1, 2 or all three are down. Have to wait for ball search, and the ball is launched to perfectly bank into the right outlane. Drives me nuts when I'm doing well. Need a fix!

Not sure on No. 1 but No. 2 you just need to lift the playfield up and the drop targets mech has an adjustment screw on it so you can raise or lower them. You just need to raise them a touch.

1 month later
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had the vertical back panel off a premium/LE playfield? If so, how difficult was it?
Rob

Not too difficult really.But taking the left ramp with it makes it easier.
Raise the pharos tomb gate first in the service menu and leave it open.
Makes life easier. 4 screws at the back of the board and 3 screws at the bottom of the playfield going vertically into the board hold it on.
Also remove it together as one with the left ramp.
Because of the pharos tomb gate it can be quite frustrating trying to remove it from that left ramp on its own.
When you put it back together it's easier to set it with the left ramp outside the game then drop it back onto the playfield.

Hope that helps

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Hmmm, I wanted to do it without removing that left ramp. I'm just trying to get at the GI which is a PITA in that corner.
Rob

It does sound worse than it is. I've had mine apart twice now and taking the left ramp off certainly made it a whole lot easier and quicker.

2 weeks later
#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My Maiden has started sporadically shooting two balls instead of one into the shooter lane after a drain.
Happens every few games, sometimes more than once. Then no problems for a dozen games, then it happens again. What should I fool with to try to fix this?

Try turning down the power on the coil which fires the ball into the shooter lane.
On factory settings it really powers it out and sometimes it falls back in. Thing is another ball has been fed through so now you have two balls in there.
Someone will come in where it is on the adjustments menu.
Hope that gives you a start

1 month later
#1686 5 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

bought this and it solved all problems not registering the loops:
https://pu-parts.com/imd-iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit

Me too.And it works superbly.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd stick a small post rubber on that hex post the ball is resting against. Shouldn't get stuck there again.

Had the same problem. Its the plastic tie they used for the cable on the post.you just need to raise it up the post and turn it to the smooth side. Not had a single hang up since.
20190123_053142 (resized).jpg20190123_053142 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My GUESS (and only a guess) is that it focuses more of the beam to the top side of the opto because when a ball misses sensing, it's usually because it went so fast it rode up on the guide rail.

Well this company also does playfield protectors so having one of them installed raises the ball height on the opto right away. They obviously come up with this design while testing it out I reckon.Lots of missed loops with the protector on.I have both installed and it works amazingly well.

1 week later
#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Neil i bet tons of people will be wanting you to autograph their auto launch coils!

He'll be at Tpf and I'm sure he's doing a signing and photo session.Jusr remember to form an orderly line people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sutol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=Sutol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.