4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here is my LE that I unboxed today. What a disappointment. Can’t play without a ball trough. How does that happen?

you have a ball trough, you are missing the wall that blocks the stacker hole and directs balls to the trough.

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I wonder if they even tested the game? After reading about a missing ball trough on an Iron Maiden LE it makes me wonder.

there was no missing trough on the Maiden, there was a missing left wall that directs the ball to the trough based on the pics.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's sooo much better!

its terrible QC either way. but the guy who posted it was whining about missing a trough, everyone agreed with him and no one corrected him on what was missing. He's gonna have a great time when they send him a trough and hes still missing that piece and has 2 troughs. Then he'll complain stern messed up again.

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/11#post-4452129
Look at the picture again. On the right, the assembly where the balls sit, with the optos looks like it is present. So if you want to get technical the trough is there and the drain assembly (or something isn't)

its just a missing metal sheet ball guide. Stupid to miss and says a lot about stern.

1 week later
#686 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Having the oft-discussed ‘autoplunge-hitting-upper-left-flipper’ issue, I thought I would experiment a bit with playfield waxing this morning as you guys were discussing (My game is at a 7 degree incline, and set to factory defaults for power adjustments.)
I applied a small amount of wax to my shooter lane, as well as across the playfield and around the top left flipper. I let it dry for 20 minutes. When I came down to test it, 18 of 20 autoplunges succeed.
Manual plunges, however, are now bricking on the lower orbit guide (these were perfect before). I suspect the wax is merely providing enough friction to temporarily correct the angle on the autoplunge shot. I am pretty sure the only way to truly correct this shot is actually adjusting the angle of the top of the shooter guide (under the right wireframe and plastics) to accommodate the incline you choose to play the game at.

you have wax that provides friction? we've always called that dirt.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

How would you describe the reason a ball slows down a slight bit on waxed clearcoat? Perhaps I am incorrect. Are you saying the ball is moving faster now? It seems like that would have the opposite effect of what I am seeing.

Wax reduces friction, the balls will more faster and spin will not be as effective.

1 month later
#943 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

The flippers should barely need springs? Well, there is a reason they are on there and used on all flipper assemblies and it’s part of the way it works. Also, I’m assuming that he had looked and checked the mechanics without the power on to see if it moved freely without any friction.

Yes the springs are barely needed, they are needed but they do not need much pull if things are assembled correctly. There should be minimal drag.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thank you. About time.
Normally I would give the same advice (and I did when people initially started reporting issues with 1.03), but once I installed it and changed NOTHING ELSE. It was clear that the sling coil strength CHANGE IN 1.03 was likely the problem. So for THIS ONE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCE I am saying adjusting option #62 in the settings is the correct fix. FOR THIS ONE SPECIFIC CONDITION because of changes in 1.03 (and 1.04) only.

This is exactly why coils shouldn't be adjustable. The manufacturer should use the appropriate coil and mechanical setup to make it behave how they to the design intentions. Having the coils user adjustable is a crutch for weak manufacturing design. That's not to say manufacturers shouldn't use variable power for things in game, dependent on situation, just that it shouldn't be changeable on the user level.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And now those slings are less sensitive to the ball and will take more to trigger. It's not rocket science. For THIS SPECIFIC SOFTWARE-CAUSED CASE of increased vibration, widening the gap is the wrong fix.

Apparently not. Someone can't quit this.[quoted image]

software is not causing vibration.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

One huge improvement I did do with my game was to adjust the flipper switch's so the both activate at the exact same time ( this was not easy ).
Huge difference in me being able to consistently hit the orbits. Those milliseconds between lower in upper really threw me off .

they aren't supposed to fire at the same time. they are designed to be staged. you can flip the lowers w/o firing the uppers on purpose.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thats great.... You make your game play the way YOU want and Ill keep mine the way I have it.

I'm not telling you how I want it, I'm literally telling you how they designed the flippers. its done for a reason. You can flip the lowers w/o the uppers getting set off so they are not in the way potentially of a ball getting into or out of an shot, it also has other uses. Do whatever the f*ck you want, but you're making your game play and your skills, worse.

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Come on. You're not this dumb. Software is causing a harder coil pull than 1.02, which is causing enough additional vibration to trigger the slings that worked fine in 1.02.

That's a hardware issue, the software is not vibrating. the rings (hardware) are rebounding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.99
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=Marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.