4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I can confirm that. Shooter lane cliffy caused so many problems on Metallica I had to remove it.

I also removed them from my metallica. Couldn't skill shot anymore with them

1 week later
#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Ok I’ll try this again. The X insert light at the super jackpot has never worked on my maiden pro. Is it wired correctly? It looks like it’s wired differently (backwards) than all the other single led boards. See my pics. Can someone provide a pic from theirs?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I dont have mine for a couple weeks but i say youve nailed it. No professional should be using red as a negative AND changing it up from one spot to the next. Reflow and swap them and I'd put money that it works......but still wait for pics from others lol

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks backwards to me. Maybe those boards care about polarity. I'd definitely give swapping leads a try.

Either polarity matters and swapping them is the likely fix or it doesn't matter and swapping them won't harm anything anyway. Win win other than wasted time

3 weeks later
#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Like a louder pop.

Does it sound like a quieter version of when the flipper goes up? My upper right makes a knocking noise on release. Havent thought much of it but it is noticeable

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

first press of the button on the Maiden and the machine comes out with DIRTY POOOLLLL. Well played machine, well played

It also says Showtime!!

4 weeks later
#1694 5 years ago

I've had the ball get stuck up here a few times now. You can shake it loose but not without tilting.

20190122_172714 (resized).jpg20190122_172714 (resized).jpg
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd stick a small post rubber on that hex post the ball is resting against. Shouldn't get stuck there again.

I thought you had the right idea but looking closer, the ball doesnt actually make it to the post. It gets hung up where the 2 pieces of sheet metal meet at an angle. The hex is actually too far away for a rubber to help but I think you are on the right track and I'm going to do some macguyverìng
20190122_232926 (resized).jpg20190122_232926 (resized).jpg

#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from JCNP:

Called Stern today and spoke with Dave in tech support. I believe was his name and told him that the balls were flying off the wire form actually on each side maybe more on the left. He says he hasn't heard of that problem but to send some pictures of the wire form where they drop the ball in the lane. So my question is this. Is this something that's been a problem on some machines and do they replace the wire form. Also this is a good reason not to have mods on the machine until you get things worked out because I would imagine if somebody takes pictures with mods that might be an excuse for them to ignore the problem. Things like plastic protectors.

My Met has $2,000 in mods. 2 inserts started ghosting and the playfield had some dimpling so I sent stern MANY pictures at David's request. It has taken a long time but they are doing an entire playfield swap for me. As long as the mods clearly aren't the culprit of your complaint, stern seems pretty reliable.
Now I'm happy I get a new playfield, but dreading swapping out all the mods, lights and personalizations I've done.

#1727 5 years ago

Minor problem
When trooper multi starts, 2 of the balls go to the left post and one to the right post. I will try to explain what I see happening.
The first ball (ball 2) auto plunges fine, hits the right post and heads back towards its resting position on top of ball 1 at the left post.
When the second ball (ball 3) is auto plunged, it bounces off ball 2 as it is coming back to the left post, knocking ball 2 back over to the right post.
Balls 1 and 3 come to a rest at left post but ball 2 comes to a rest at the right post.
Hopefully that makes sense to you.
Any tweaking tips?

1 week later
#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I agree with ra77
Maiden is one of the ALL TIME greats. The code balance is stellar. The game is just so interesting from a geometry stand point. The game forces you to shoot the whole layout if you want to advance. It's really brilliant.
Yup, there are a few mech issues that are a drag. Dealing with the switch in the Sarcophagus lock is no joke... but SO worth it.
I think if I only had one game... this would be it. It has supplanted TWD as my fav of all time.

As an added perk, iron maiden is also beautiful instead of brown splattered with red.
Twd plays great but is so damned ugly

Edit: if they vault Twd, they should ask Tony Moore to do original art for it and give it the Munsters premium look. (Or re use the layout in an original game)

2 months later
#1953 4 years ago

Started trooper and waited about 30-40 seconds before the post finally dropped and the lcd caught up. I've had this happen before but this time was easily the longest

1 month later
#1987 4 years ago

Mine shot fine for about 5mo. Now it cant make it all the way around the top anymore. Time to fiddle around and finally up my coil strength.

1 week later
#2017 4 years ago

I really hope the next update fixes revive. Its sucks how often I will drain down an outlane while in MB and lose my revive even though ball save is still going

3 weeks later
#2047 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the plastic blinders for the loop opto? My game only registers about 2/3 of all loops (when chaining them at speed)

2 weeks later
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For my KISS, I was told "The flaw is the trace on the board was too thin. It was failing under load".
When I received the "new" board (for ~$200), it had two "jumper" wires (that look awful). When I questioned if I received a "new" board, they claimed it was new, but still needed the 2 "jumper" wires! From my perspective, a $200 node board shouldn't require hacked jumpers, but WTF do I know!
Report back on what you find...[quoted image][quoted image]

First time soldering? Jesus that's rough work. I'm self taught and my work is so much cleaner than that.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just to be clear, the work you are admiring is Stern's, not mine. Stern sold the board you reference as a "new" node board that they claimed needed the patch.

I understood it.was Stern. I wasnt trying to be a dick to you

1 month later
#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from lewislama:

So sick of being punished for making a great right ramp shot only to have the ball fly off the ramp and end up in the trough. Ended up putting three flipper rubbers over ramp where the ball gets air at high speed. Works great. Looks.. so so.[quoted image]

Check that your welds dont need to be filed down. May be causing your ball hop.

1 week later
#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Haven't played the game in awhile and looks like I'm having an issue with Trooper multiball now.
When I start the mode it seems to just shoot them all into play rather than the balls auto-launching and held by the post and then all being released simultaneously.
I may be remembering wrong, but after I light the green arrow for the orbit locks the post seems to just raise for a moment before releasing the ball.
Any insight would be much appreciated!

Did you check your post settings? There is a setting to disable posts. Maybe it was accidentally switch to on?

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's got plastic protectors on below the sling, so the large washer isn't necessary.

I think he meant the smaller metal washer above the the plastic should be above the wireform, not below.

2 weeks later
#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What coil should I be ordering?

They are usually available at Player One for about $14

4 weeks later
#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings guys.
New LE owner here. Couple quick items that I’d sure appreciate help with.
1. When starting a new game, or even a new ball, my pin will start playing a song and act like you’ve selected that song even if you haven’t. Is this a bug in the code? I’m running the newest code.
2. Ball comes off of the left wire form coming back to the left flipper. I’ve read in this thread that this is an issue and that stern replaces the wire form. Is this correct even if I’m not the original owner?
3. Auto Plunge. Plenty of good stuff out here so I’ll read up and I’m sure I’ll get her locked in.
Such a fantastic pin!

1. A switch is triggering. Most likely the clairvoyant newton switch needs adjusting.
2. Check for any bumps at the welds. A few had too much of a bump at the joints causing ball hop. I think Stern will help you out regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. They will just want the serial number from your game.
3. Like you say, plenty of reading material. Swap the coil, adjust your rails, whatever works best for your machine. Regular waxing always helps.
Good luck. Enjoy.

11 months later
#2351 3 years ago

May be a dumb question but occasionally my lower flippers (mostly the right) will stay stuck up for a second. Is this a coil stop thing? I already have new coil stops here because i found the telltale golddust in my cab. I just want to check in before i swap them incase there is something else to attend to while im there.

Edit: this only started happenjng recently. I havent changed anything to cause this.

1 month later
#2367 3 years ago

My Maiden has no interlock (terrible move)
My AIQ has it again

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

When I put the new code on it did a restore factory settings and I lost the high scores. The last update it did not do that, same with Jurassic Park kept high scores after update. Did I pick the wrong option in the update menu? As in... does "full update" clear settings but "quick update" retains them? I usually pick quick but I think I did full for whatever reason as I was working on other stuff and time length of update did not matter.

Quoted from Mancave:

From what i've heard in the main Maiden thread it was normal yeah but apparently any updates from now on will retain settings and scores. I did a full update this time too, kinda thought that was the way you're supposed to do it? From memory the last update cleared my scores also.

Does nobody read anything before they just download and install anymore? One of the very first things in the read me file is a bold header stating that this update will erased current scores but future updates will not.

I erase mine with every update anyway. How can you judge your best score from different codes. Ball savers have increased, several shots/modes have increased increased points. Extra balls are easier to attain as is 2m2m and in theory Battle the Beast with roaming Eddie shot.

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

YES i did read that!! Scores don't bother me as i play for fun first

So why the concern about saving your scores?
Contradictions are tight.

9 months later
#2462 2 years ago

A friend of mine just got his pro. I immediately noticed that the playfield had that print line issue from a couple years ago. I didn't realize this was still an issue. I've been lucky myself. I also noticd that most of the dark coloring on the inserts is very pale. The Eddie arrows seem light grey compared to my own darker ones.
I know he is just pumped to have his Maiden but these issue would irritate the hell out of me and I'm the kind of guy who believes dimples all blend together after a few thousand games. I'm not overly nit picky but the playfield looks...ugly. Worth reporting to Stern?

#2463 2 years ago
20211023_120401 (resized).jpg20211023_120401 (resized).jpg
#2464 2 years ago

I don't have a picture of the print lines. I didn't want to make a stink on his first day owning the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=KnockerPTSD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.