4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #96 sarcophagus switch fix. Posted by DG_Amuse (5 years ago)

Post #434 Black t-moulding pictured to replace stock banana yellow. Posted by Strummy (5 years ago)

Post #597 Stern fix for Newton Ball issues on LE Posted by Fytr (5 years ago)

Post #887 Fix for fast balls not registering on upper loop Posted by PinNin (5 years ago)

Post #1039 Picture of factory fix for bad mummy newton ball on Prem/LE Posted by RA77 (5 years ago)

Post #1343 Fix for fast balls leaving wireforms Posted by Kevlar (5 years ago)

Post #1452 Shim method to get auto launch to work nearly 100% Posted by hank35 (5 years ago)

Post #1713 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Fix auto launch consistency with stronger coil Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daemin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I've been invested in this hobby a relatively short period of time and have only bought NIB Stern machines. All 5 have worked perfectly out of the box and have had no issues. I was a little worried reading this forum and committing to a premium but am glad I stuck it out and got it. None of the issues with mechs, defects, or ball launches have shown up in 150 or so plays. This machine is awesome.

There are a couple of things you have to keep in mind when you see negative reviews of anything online.

1. There is a well documented phenomena where people are significantly more like to post negative reviews over positive ones. People with unpleasant experiences with an item are much more likely to to make noise and comment on it than people with positive interactions. This can lead to a situation where there are more negative reviews of items than positive one, even if there are, in aggregate, more positive interactions. Case in point, this is a thread specifically for people to post issues with Iron Maiden, so of course there's going to be many posts from people with issues.
2. Not every person who has an Iron Maiden table participates in this forum, so we are missing both positive and negative experiences from a chunk of the owners.

Now, that being said, things like shipping a game without is pretty big quality assurance fail, and Stern deserves some shit for it.

1 week later
#626 5 years ago

So, I received my Pro machine on Tuesday. After I had it all setup, the only issue I noticed was the auto plunger wouldn't hit the orbit. Based on info in this thread, I adjusted the metal at the top of the shooter lane, and now it hits the orbit 100% of the time.

While playing yesterday, however, I noticed that the lower right flipper will move down when hit by a rolling ball. I removed the glass and played with the various flippers. For every other flipper, when I hold down the flipper button, the flipper is held solidly up and wont budge when I nudge with my hand. For the lower right one, it relatively easy to push it down.

This is my first pin, so I'm not entirely sure what could be wrong. I spent last night researching and read about EOS switches, etc. The diag shows the EOS switch is going off, and the gap on the leaf switch looks identical to the left flipper, so I don't think its that.

Is the coil just bad? Does anyone have a suggestion as to what could be wrong?

1 month later
#891 5 years ago
Quoted from BananaJet:

Hello, noob here. I tried doing a search for this on Pinside and the web, but has anybody else experienced a flipper that retracts very slowly?
I just set up a NIB Iron Maiden Premium (first pinball machine) yesterday, and after the game is played for a while the upper left flipper retracts at about 1/2 speed. It works fine after being shut down for a bit, then starts acting up again after it is played for a while. The flipper looks like it extends just fine, but the slow retraction ends up getting in the way of the pinball. I can't see any rubbing on the playfield or anything obstructing the mechanism with the playfield lifted up.
I sent a message to Stern, waiting to hear back, but any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

My Pro developed this problem with that flipper after about a month. Upon investigation, I found that the flipper in question had no play at all. All the other flippers I could move up and down just a tad, but that one was unmovable. I lifted the play field and loosened the bolt holding the flipper bat and discovered that even with the bolt almost completely removed, I couldn't pull the flipper up at all. I had to tap the bat from below with a hammer to get it to budge. I re-secured it with the correct gap (cut a notch in a credit card as recommended elsewhere on this site) and it has worked fine since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daemin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues?tu=Daemin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.