4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.
#2351 3 years ago

May be a dumb question but occasionally my lower flippers (mostly the right) will stay stuck up for a second. Is this a coil stop thing? I already have new coil stops here because i found the telltale golddust in my cab. I just want to check in before i swap them incase there is something else to attend to while im there.

Edit: this only started happenjng recently. I havent changed anything to cause this.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

May be a dumb question but occasionally my lower flippers (mostly the right) will stay stuck up for a second. Is this a coil stop thing? I already have new coil stops here because i found the telltale golddust in my cab. I just want to check in before i swap them incase there is something else to attend to while im there.
Edit: this only started happenjng recently. I havent changed anything to cause this.

Could be stop, sleeve, or plunger out of alignment with coil

#2353 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the help! I adjusted the back switch of the SARCOPHAGUS lock and I think that has solved this long standing issue. Great group!

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Most likely broken coil stops. Take each completely off to inspect, sometimes it's not obvious, and if you have the gold dust that's a huge indicator.

#2355 3 years ago

Has anyone found silver metal dust in the bottom of the LE/Prem cabinet directly below the sarcophagus lock mechanism?

Had the hood open the other day and there is a nice pile forming there. The mech seems to work just fine, no binding or anything, but obviously it's losing metal from somewhere. Concerned...

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Has anyone found silver metal dust in the bottom of the LE/Prem cabinet directly below the sarcophagus lock mechanism?
Had the hood open the other day and there is a nice pile forming there. The mech seems to work just fine, no binding or anything, but obviously it's losing metal from somewhere. Concerned...

Likely upper left flipper coil stop spreading some of its powdery love

2 weeks later
#2357 3 years ago

Just picked up a NIB Premium, and have been loving it aside from an issue that I haven't been able to find in search. When starting a new game, the sarcophagus door goes to the up position as if it's ready to lock a ball. When you have the sarcophagus lock activated and the callout announces to shoot the left ramp to enter sarcophagus - the door moves down. Basically, the functionality of the door going up and down is reversed. When it's supposed to be up, it's down. When it's supposed to be down, it's up. Has anyone encountered this? Is this a reversed wire somewhere?

#2358 3 years ago

Anyone ever get a ball stuck behind the slingshots? I don’t know how my wife gets them in there, but it has happened 3 times. Twice on the right and once on the left.

41FBB21D-74AF-4154-A5F9-75018253FC0E (resized).jpeg41FBB21D-74AF-4154-A5F9-75018253FC0E (resized).jpeg

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from pavelump:

Anyone ever get a ball stuck behind the slingshots? I don’t know how my wife gets them in there, but it has happened 3 times. Twice on the right and once on the left.
[quoted image]

My daughter got one there on a JP... sucked because it was at a bar, and nobody had a key to fix it so I didnt get to play much.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from pavelump:

[quoted image]

You might want to go into Settings and reduce the power of the slingshots a bit. That should help prevent this.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from pavelump:

[quoted image]

Those washers under your posts are what is causing the balls to get behind the slingshots, or at least it is making it easier. The rubber is raised up a little higher than normal making it easier for the ball to get behind.

4 weeks later
#2362 3 years ago

How did this slip by Sterns quality control team on my Maiden premium?

77A7F54D-98B1-4CD5-A539-DB355D7A0132 (resized).jpeg77A7F54D-98B1-4CD5-A539-DB355D7A0132 (resized).jpeg
#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

I don't see any issues. I see the loose connectors that are for a tournament button, if you choose to add one and a connector for a DBV if you choose to add it.

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I don't see any issues. I see the loose connectors that are for a tournament button, if you choose to add one and a connector for a DBV if you choose to add it.

The interlock switch for the door is missing. This is a pic of another machine with it installed.

C1157A43-A15F-4157-914B-78374073DABC (resized).jpegC1157A43-A15F-4157-914B-78374073DABC (resized).jpeg
#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

The interlock switch for the door is missing. This is a pic of another machine with it installed.
[quoted image]

They took the interlock away for a while to cut costs again. It only came back around Deadpool (2nd run? I don't remember). So, some machines will have it, some won't. Depends on when each was made.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They took the interlock away for a while to cut costs again. It only came back around Deadpool. So, some machines will have it, some won't. Depends on when each was made.

What he said. My BM66 didn't have one, but the next run did.

#2367 3 years ago

My Maiden has no interlock (terrible move)
My AIQ has it again

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They took the interlock away for a while to cut costs again. It only came back around Deadpool (2nd run? I don't remember). So, some machines will have it, some won't. Depends on when each was made.

Yep. I have both Iron Maiden and Deadpool, neither of them have the interlock switch, both were in the first runs of the games.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Yep. I have both Iron Maiden and Deadpool, neither of them have the interlock switch, both were in the first runs of the games.

That’s what I I’ve found. My maiden was one of the first. It’s was built may 28 2018. I got it early June 2018.

Still gonna see if Stern will send me one for safety reasons if nothing else. Can’t be more then a 10 dollar switch.

#2370 3 years ago

Is it possible to add an interlock switch to a pro?

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Is it possible to add an interlock switch to a pro?

I would assume so, it was added into the newest version of game code, I don't think it had been previously.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I would assume so, it was added into the newest version of game code, I don't think it had been previously.

I noticed that. I would like to have one if it isn't too difficult and would work.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

That’s what I I’ve found. My maiden was one of the first. It’s was built may 28 2018. I got it early June 2018.
Still gonna see if Stern will send me one for safety reasons if nothing else. Can’t be more then a 10 dollar switch.

Less than $1.50 in quantity, actually. They are not expensive parts, especially if you're buying thousands at a time. No part is too small or too important for Stern to try cost reducing out, though.

#2374 3 years ago

My pharaoh bullseye targets seem to be launching the ball back at me and not absorbing the impact and dropping the ball straight down. This is causing the ball to bounce all over back there causing frustration when I try to send it up the ramp to feed the small upper left flipper. Is there any adjustments to make to it to absorb more of the impact?

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I noticed that. I would like to have one if it isn't too difficult and would work.

Looks like Pinball Life has the bracket and interlock switch.

If you decide to try it not sure which wires go to which connector as the picture shown of other machine has different colored wires than my Maiden Pro.

I would like to also install the interlock if possible.

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looks like Pinball Life has the bracket and interlock switch.
If you decide to try it not sure which wires go to which connector as the picture shown of other machine has different colored wires than my Maiden Pro.
I would like to also install the interlock if possible.

Yeah I'm not sure how to go about figuring that out. Mine are different than the premium pictured above as well.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Those wires ARE for the tournament button!! (Wire colours are a dual red, a dual black/white stripe, a yellow/red stripe and grey/white stripe) The colour wires shown in the picture that are connected to the interlock button are different (one is red/white stripe, one looks to be solely white, a black/yellow stripe and one that looks to be solely black) There's no interlock switch on my premium and NO spare wires anywhere in the vicinity to add it later.

#2378 3 years ago

When I put the new code on it did a restore factory settings and I lost the high scores. The last update it did not do that, same with Jurassic Park kept high scores after update. Did I pick the wrong option in the update menu? As in... does "full update" clear settings but "quick update" retains them? I usually pick quick but I think I did full for whatever reason as I was working on other stuff and time length of update did not matter.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

When I put the new code on it did a restore factory settings and I lost the high scores. The last update it did not do that, same with Jurassic Park kept high scores after update. Did I pick the wrong option in the update menu? As in... does "full update" clear settings but "quick update" retains them? I usually pick quick but I think I did full for whatever reason as I was working on other stuff and time length of update did not matter.

From what i've heard in the main Maiden thread it was normal yeah but apparently any updates from now on will retain settings and scores. I did a full update this time too, kinda thought that was the way you're supposed to do it? From memory the last update cleared my scores also.

#2380 3 years ago

Your old high scores are invalid anyhow with new code as the rules of the game have changed significantly.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Quoted from Mancave:

From what i've heard in the main Maiden thread it was normal yeah but apparently any updates from now on will retain settings and scores. I did a full update this time too, kinda thought that was the way you're supposed to do it? From memory the last update cleared my scores also.

Does nobody read anything before they just download and install anymore? One of the very first things in the read me file is a bold header stating that this update will erased current scores but future updates will not.

I erase mine with every update anyway. How can you judge your best score from different codes. Ball savers have increased, several shots/modes have increased increased points. Extra balls are easier to attain as is 2m2m and in theory Battle the Beast with roaming Eddie shot.

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does nobody read anything before they just download and install anymore? One of the very first things in the read me file is a bold header stating that this update will erased current scores but future updates will not

YES i did read that!! Scores don't bother me as i play for fun first

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

YES i did read that!! Scores don't bother me as i play for fun first

So why the concern about saving your scores?
Contradictions are tight.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So why the concern about saving your scores?
Contradictions are tight.

Read back, i don't think i expressed any concerns about losing my scores in my comments?? I was merely stating the facts.
I'd forgotten about reading the Readme file but hey when i posted that i'd been drinking for 3 hours at least Gotta remember that we're ahead of you guys by 12-14 hours and it was already NYE drinkies going down nicely

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Yeah, I'm using a leaf switch tool.
When you say turn the actuator posts, you mean the metal post (attached to the newton ball) that comes to a point that rests inside the plastic spoon, right? Do you mean I should do that when I'm using loctite? Not sure how I could do that now, as it's really tight, and I've heard loosening it can screw it up even more (if you're not using loctite, obviously).
I will typically move the newton ball around with my hand and watch the switch. most of the directions I push from, the spoon actually moves UP, away from the leaf switch. the optimal direction to push the ball from is very narrow.

Any other ideas on this? I've spent hours and hours adjusting the switch. My actuator is now loctite'd on. I still can't get it to work more than like 60%. Like I said before, from most angles you push the newton ball, the actuator moves the spoon UP (towards the playfield). Obviously for the switch to work, I need the spoon to go down. I've got the tiniest gap imaginable on my switch. Any smaller and it starts registering hits while the ball is in the pops.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Any other ideas on this?

You might want to try starting over with some of the components. Perhaps something's gotten bent or misaligned. I had a similar frustrating experience with the mummy newton ball. Stern sent me all of the parts to replace the assembly. A friend and I were able to get it dialed in before changing any parts, and it's been working ever since. I should still have the parts somewhere, but I think there might be a couple of p/n variations between the 2 newton ball assemblies?

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

You might want to try starting over with some of the components. Perhaps something's gotten bent or misaligned. I had a similar frustrating experience with the mummy newton ball. Stern sent me all of the parts to replace the assembly. A friend and I were able to get it dialed in before changing any parts, and it's been working ever since. I should still have the parts somewhere, but I think there might be a couple of p/n variations between the 2 newton ball assemblies?

Thanks for the advice, I contacted them this morning.

3 weeks later
#2388 3 years ago

Hello guys, I'm pretty new here. Can you help me with this one?
IDK how or if it is affecting the machine because this only appears when turning it on.

Strange things i noticed are a very very loud sound (almost scary loud) like some sort of bang, randomly during play (not very often)
and the fact that apparently the machine does not start the battle mode when hitting the ramp after spelling eddie.

Any feedback or suggestion will be very very appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

iron maiden error (resized).jpgiron maiden error (resized).jpg
#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from siziel:

IDK how or if it is affecting the machine because this only appears when turning it on.
Strange things i noticed are a very very loud sound (almost scary loud) like some sort of bang, randomly during play (not very often)
and the fact that apparently the machine does not start the battle mode when hitting the ramp after spelling eddie.
Thank you all in advance![quoted image]

Tough to say what you're hearing, almost sounds like you're hearing the mechanical knocker, but not sure.

First thing I would do would be to lift the playfield and make sure that all the molex connectors are seated well to all of the boards across the lower playfield. Sometimes some of these connections can become loose with travel/play/routine maintenance (bringing playfield up and down), etc. Over the recent years with these newer spike games I have noticed that a couple times. Usually re-seating these connections at the boards has for whatever reason fixed the issue.

After ensuring all of the connections are good, and if needed disconnecting and reseating the molex connections to the boards, if it does not fix the issue, I would contact Stern support. Can also consider taking your post over to the main Iron Maiden thread after trying the above and see if anyone else has any other ideas in the interim.
Keep us posted.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from siziel:

Thank you all in advance![quoted image]

Did you load the Prem/LE code on a Pro?

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Tough to say what you're hearing, almost sounds like you're hearing the mechanical knocker, but not sure.
First thing I would do would be to lift the playfield and make sure that all the molex connectors are seated well to all of the boards across the lower playfield. Sometimes some of these connections can become loose with travel/play/routine maintenance (bringing playfield up and down), etc. Over the recent years with these newer spike games I have noticed that a couple times. Usually re-seating these connections at the boards has for whatever reason fixed the issue.
After ensuring all of the connections are good, and if needed disconnecting and reseating the molex connections to the boards, if it does not fix the issue, I would contact Stern support. Can also consider taking your post over to the main Iron Maiden thread after trying the above and see if anyone else has any other ideas in the interim.
Keep us posted.

I will check them but what puzzles me is that there's no node 10 on the Iron maiden Pro

nodes (resized).jpgnodes (resized).jpg
#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you load the Prem/LE code on a Pro?

I honestly don't even know how this could have happened, do you suggest to rewrite the Memory card with the PRO files from the stern site just to be sure? or is there anything else that could have triggered this possibility?

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from siziel:

I honestly don't even know how this could have happened, do you suggest to rewrite the Memory card with the PRO files from the stern site just to be sure? or is there anything else that could have triggered this possibility?

It really seems like you have the wrong code or the SD card has become corrupted. On your system menu main screen does it say Pro or LE?

I'd try re-flashing with Pro code.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It really seems like you have the wrong code or the SD card has become corrupted. On your system menu main screen does it say Pro or LE?

You are absolutely right! Idk how I failed to notice it!
I still can't understand how this happened. I changed the motherboard once because of a audio problem, but I never changed th SD card.
Anyway, thank you again, I'll try to rewrite the SD and let you know

20210203_131209 (resized).jpg20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did it and now everything's fine.

Thank you all for your quick and kind replies, I really appreciated!

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from siziel:

I did it and now everything's fine.
Thank you all for your quick and kind replies, I really appreciated!

Make sure too to update the code to 1.08.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Make sure too to update the code to 1.08.

I did it, Thanks

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from siziel:

I did it, Thanks

Awesome man! ....Whew!!!
Love it when it's a straightforward problem with an easy fix! Excellent.
Nice catch PinMonk !!!

1 month later
#2399 3 years ago

I've had my premium for about a year, and I've never had my orb newton ball dialed in. I recently replaced the newton ball itself, and it didn't solve the issue. Can anyone tell me if the amount of play I have is normal? In the video below, I'm just spinning the ball above the playfield.

1 month later
#2400 2 years ago

Hey there! First time posting, and it’s my first pinball, so you might have to bear with me a bit. I’m a noob.

2 issues with my Iron Maiden Pro:
1) Every time I lock a ball for Trooper by using the right orbit, it doesn’t actually get locked and goes straight through. But the game says it locked it. I think I read somewhere that the right orbit switch may be broken or misadjusted, but I can’t find that post again. It would make sense. How do I diagnose whether it is broken or just needs to be adjusted?
2) Hitting the sarcophagus has become near impossible. I suspect it may have to do with the different target areas being misaligned. Any helpful tips on what to do? Picture hopefully shows what I mean.

C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpegC12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/48?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.