4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 50.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, I'm at my wits end right now with my auto launcher. I've worked on it for HOURS now in my spare time since we are locked indoors. Absolutely nothing I'm doing is making a difference. It still hits the post just to the bottom of the upper orbit. Here is what I've done,
- Changed the coil and tried all strengths from as low as 150 to as high as it's max setting. Zero change in game play. In test, it will work about 40% of the time.
- Push the end of the rail of the shooter lane in and out. Zero change.
- Started thinking the ball may have been hitting the tip of the flipper so move it out of the way completely. No Change
- Thinking the diverter gate could be causing and issue. - No change
- Noticed the ball launching to the left at the start which was sometimes hitting the end of the guide between the outlane and shooter lane. - No change
- Adjusted pitch of game from as low as 6.5 to as high as 7.2 - No change
- Made sure game was level - No change
Here is the kicker. A full pull (orange spring) of my plunger does the same thing. But a weak pull will go into the orbit 80% of the time. So it is better.
It seems like the guide is not allowing the ball to go high enough in the game but I've maxed out the movement in the guide without taking it off and drilling out the hole a little bit. If I need to do that, how do you remove it? There is a screw at the end and a bolt that goes through the PF in the middle but the part on the shooter lane by the launch mech looks glued on.
Please, I'm begging you for help at this point as it's making me hate this game now as the ball has started to hit that post, go out of control and drain a lot now. Starting to feel as bad as the Star Wars launcher with drains.

I had same issue with my Pro until I cleaned and waxed the playfield it's been spot in now.

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That's pretty big, I think I took my burr off with a fine jewelers file

Thanks. So something more like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Hardened-Strength-Warding-Triangular-Half-Round/dp/B07WDCBJ1G/ref=sr_1_7

This is what my edge looks like.

IMG_0417 (resized).jpgIMG_0417 (resized).jpg
#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

amazon.com link »
This is what my edge looks like.[quoted image]

You can use a fingernail file if you want. Any rough surface will work for such a small file job. If you look back to my posts about the shooter lane, I found a fix that doesn't involve a new coil or a new Lane or cutting anything. You need to take the adjustment screw out of the equation. Mine has been at 99.5% consistency for months. This is the first time my playfield is actually getting dirty as I don't have to keep it perfectly clean to appease the stupid ball guide.

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I had same issue with my Pro until I cleaned and waxed the playfield it's been spot in now.

Mines just the opposite. After a cleaning and fresh wax the auto launch is not making the loop about half the time. It’s really a shit design that needs more adjustment in that lane guide. Must be too fast now with the new wax so either need to bend the guide further down or lower the launch coil power.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

amazon.com link »
This is what my edge looks like.[quoted image]

that's very similar to what the dent on my shooter launch rail looked like - you can see that the ball wear in your picture stops just before reaching the small dent meaning the dent altered the direction of the ball,
I have a small set of tiny metal working files, can't remember where I purchased them but was prolly one of the big boxes
that file in your link is too large, I think there are 4-5 in the set and its in a red vinyl pouch

#2256 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Photo 1 is it.
I just looked at my guide again. There is a rivet in the middle of the curve at the upper end. Whatever is attached to this rivet--maybe it was a threaded bolt--is what I cut off (and isn't on the newest guide). It puts all the holding of the end of the guide solely on the adjustment screw, but as S-Squid has noted you can shim the end to keep it in place if the screw tends to loosen. I have not had any issues in 6 months since I used this fix on my guide.
I found my original post on this fix: I made one more adjustment to my shooting guide today that made a big difference, so I thought I'd pass it along. I have made all the normal adjustments and installed the more powerful coil, which has helped. After time my percentage of accurate auto launches was decreasing so I thought I'd take another look at it. Stern had sent me the new and "improved" metal shooting lane guide. I tried to install it and found the adjustment mounting tab was in the wrong place--and I didn't want to drill another hole in the playfield. Both guides are very similar, except the new one does not have the threaded rod riveted onto the guide near the adjustment screw tab. So, I cut the one off of my original guide, filed down a small burr that was right at the end of the guide, polished the guide and put it back on. Oh, ho--a little more adjustment is available with that rod gone! I had to raise the tip of the upper right flipper to make use of that adjustment, but now auto launch is at 100%--and it has never been that good. The only neg to raising the flipper a smidge is that the ball will not loop all the way around to the lower right flipper, but I can live with that. Another plus is the loop shot is way easier to hit with this new alignment--so I like that a lot.

THANK YOU!!!! I removed the bolt that goes through the playfield and is riveted to the middle of the bend. After doing that it relieved some of the sharpness of the curve and I'm now at 80% with my auto launcher and when it misses it is going to high and goes through the upper orbit. Played a game last night and it was the first time Trooper actually started with all 3 balls at the top.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You can use a fingernail file if you want. Any rough surface will work for such a small file job.

Quoted from creepykenny:

I have a small set of tiny metal working files, can't remember where I purchased them but was prolly one of the big boxes
that file in your link is too large, I think there are 4-5 in the set and its in a red vinyl pouch

Thank you both! That helps a lot.

There is definitely a lip there that is affecting the trajectory of the ball, so I will start by filing it down and then will try removing the adjustment screw if needed.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

THANK YOU!!!! I removed the bolt that goes through the playfield and is riveted to the middle of the bend. After doing that it relieved some of the sharpness of the curve and I'm now at 80% with my auto launcher and when it misses it is going to high and goes through the upper orbit. Played a game last night and it was the first time Trooper actually started with all 3 balls at the top.

Cool, glad it helped. Make sure there are not any burrs on the very end of the guide, and watch carefully to see that the auto-launched ball is not just barely hitting the tip of the upper flipper. Then polish the heck out of the ramp and wax the lane. Hopefully this will give you another 10%. If your misses miss high, that indicates you may be able to bring down the end of the guide just a touch. None of my missed launches go high--they will just touch the post.

#2259 4 years ago

Yeah, I cleaned the end up when I had the guide off. Mine was pretty smooth though. I wound up putting an oversized rubber on the post above the inlane since it didn't need to be all the way up anymore. My guide now rest against it so hopefully it wont be moving anymore. I think now I just need to play with the power settings a bit to get that extra little bit. I'm going to play it as is for now and just enjoy not having a Star Wars Stern like ball launcher to where it's draining all the time on an auto plunge.

#2260 4 years ago

You are right about that, once you get it close almost nothing but bad things can happen if you keep playing with the guide. Adjusting the coil power is a good idea--that really helps (I'm guessing you have done the more powerful coil mod--the last piece of the puzzle). Just remember where you started from in case the adjustments make things worse.

#2261 4 years ago

Wanted to post back about my results.

Did not feel like waiting on a file to arrive so I used one of the small grinding stones on my knockoff Dremel (see photo below) to take the dent/lip off the edge of the guide. I went really slow and with a light touch and kept checking it with my fingernail in between passes. It took maybe 30 seconds of total grinding to make sure it was nice and smooth.

I then fired up the game and kept letting the ball drain and on the first try, without doing anything else...IT WENT 20 FOR FREAKING 20 ON AUTO LAUNCHES!!! I could not believe it. I then started trooper multi ball and it immediately loaded all three balls perfectly, which has happened maybe 5 times total since I have owned the machine.

For the record, I had previously tried all the other fixes including the more powerful coil and shimming the guide and the best it had ever done was maybe 65% with all misses being low.

Thanks so much to creepykenny for the fix and to Tranquilize for the suggestion to use something else to file it down.

IMG_0436 (resized).jpgIMG_0436 (resized).jpg
#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, I cleaned the end up when I had the guide off. Mine was pretty smooth though. I wound up putting an oversized rubber on the post above the inlane since it didn't need to be all the way up anymore. My guide now rest against it so hopefully it wont be moving anymore. I think now I just need to play with the power settings a bit to get that extra little bit. I'm going to play it as is for now and just enjoy not having a Star Wars Stern like ball launcher to where it's draining all the time on an auto plunge.

One thing to also check as had an issue for ages.

Sometimes ball hits the end of the upper flipper.

Take flipper rubber off and test.

I did a slow-mo video and saw ball was hitting tip of flipper so I had to bend the rail the opposite way to what I thought was needed.

2 weeks later
#2263 4 years ago

IMDN Pro owner for a few months. Struggled with autolaunch issues. Read this whole thread and tried most of the fixes. For me the fix was adjusting (not bending) the guide at the end of the launch lane. I think this issue is responsible for most incidents of inconsistency, more than anything involving the admittedly janky autoplunge mech such as prong contact points. I think that the guide repeatedly getting hammered by the ball loosens the attachment of the guide to the PF, resulting in degraded and increasingly random performance. Once the attachment is not 100% you are left with a battle between the provided attachment and the intrinsic bend of the guide that plays out with some randomness on every launch. I think a larger screw with a washer might help to keep it more solidly in place once you have it dialed in. I think it would be useful to have some kind of horizontal adjustment mechanism to do fine tuning on the exact position of the end of the guide, I'm brainstorming that now. I am also thinking of dremeling the plastic above the existing screw to provide access to that screw without having to remove plastic and ramp wireform.

So no new revelation, but my 2 cents as a NOOB after hours of analysis and trial-and-error.

BTW love this forum, I've learned so much, just reading has given me confidence to work on the machine. Thanks to all.

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I'm brainstorming that now

If you can come up with a mod or alteration that is reliable in the long term then i reckon there will be heaps of people that will thank you, or pay you

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

IMDN Pro owner for a few months. Struggled with autolaunch issues. Read this whole thread and tried most of the fixes. For me the fix was adjusting (not bending) the guide at the end of the launch lane. I think this issue is responsible for most incidents of inconsistency, more than anything involving the admittedly janky autoplunge mech such as prong contact points. I think that the guide repeatedly getting hammered by the ball loosens the attachment of the guide to the PF, resulting in degraded and increasingly random performance. Once the attachment is not 100% you are left with a battle between the provided attachment and the intrinsic bend of the guide that plays out with some randomness on every launch. I think a larger screw with a washer might help to keep it more solidly in place once you have it dialed in. I think it would be useful to have some kind of horizontal adjustment mechanism to do fine tuning on the exact position of the end of the guide, I'm brainstorming that now. I am also thinking of dremeling the plastic above the existing screw to provide access to that screw without having to remove plastic and ramp wireform.
So no new revelation, but my 2 cents as a NOOB after hours of analysis and trial-and-error.
BTW love this forum, I've learned so much, just reading has given me confidence to work on the machine. Thanks to all.

Did you upsized the coil as Neil suggested? (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/35#post-4806866)

I've fiddled with a couple different ball guides and the stronger coil was a huge improvement. I also used a larger screw with washer (as you suggest above), which helped keep it from moving after dialing it in.

#2266 4 years ago

The larger coil is being delivered in the next few days. But I'm on about 100 consecutive successful autolaunches since the guide adjustment a few nights ago so I think the new coil will be sidelined until/if the problem resurfaces. For anyone else considering the guide adjustment, I had to adjust more than I would have thought. The ball just barely clears the upper right flipper now. I don't think I could adjust any more in that direction without starting to graze the flipper. Also FWIW my autolaunch power is set at the default max. Trooper MB is so much more satisfying when the balls queue as intended. Even leaves enough time for a solid beer swig. That alone makes a solution worth pursuing.

#2267 4 years ago

Does anyone sell the thin metal piece that you can get from stern to protect the playfield where the ball drops after it hits the bullseye shot on the backboard? I screwed mine up when I installed it and had to take it back off. I'm sure that they wont send me another one probably.

Is it really even neccessary? Were peoples playfields actually getting chewed up and damaged before they made the protector?

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

What worked sweet for mine was Fytr handed me a plastic shim from Home Depot or somewhere that fit perfectly behind that ball guide. Little trial and error to find the spot but this thing works almost everytime now and it's been over a year. He probably posted the part number in this thread somewhere if you look.

Should say I also did the setup of the autoplunger as described elsewhere here and that did help get me to maybe 80% but that shim is what got me to 95% or better.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does anyone sell the thin metal piece that you can get from stern to protect the playfield where the ball drops after it hits the bullseye shot on the backboard? I screwed mine up when I installed it and had to take it back off. I'm sure that they wont send me another one probably.
Is it really even neccessary? Were peoples playfields actually getting chewed up and damaged before they made the protector?

My pro is home use only and didn't have any issues without it. I installed one just because. I'm guessing you could purchase another from stern ?

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't see these things costing a whole lot of money, I don't think it would hurt to ask for another. I've seen your posts about playfield issues and I think they owe you a lot more than a flimsy playfield protector piece.

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My pro is home use only and didn't have any issues without it. I installed one just because. I'm guessing you could purchase another from stern ?

It's really hard to get underneath the sarcophagus lock on the Premium and I accidentally bent the tip of it. Man that thing was really hard to get off of there. I left it on like 2 months and that glue sticks a hell of a lot better than what you would think it does once you pit8ot on there.

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I can't see these things costing a whole lot of money, I don't think it would hurt to ask for another. I've seen your posts about playfield issues and I think they owe you a lot more than a flimsy playfield protector piece.

Lol yeah good point. They will probably want to call it even if they send me another one. I think they are probably closed at the moment and probably arent sending anything out. What do you think?

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes! Absolutely. My game only had a few hundred plays and I could see the damage starting. I've seen pictures of other machines where the mylar was so chewed up that the ball was getting stuck. And it didn't take long for my metal protector to get all dimpled, so you can tell it's taking a beating!

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol yeah good point. They will probably want to call it even if they send me another one. I think they are probably closed at the moment and probably arent sending anything out. What do you think?

Shit, I sometimes forget that the entire world is shut down. You are probably right, I doubt they are sending out replacement parts at the moment.

#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It tears up the mylar back there and eventually the chewed up mylar will hang up very slow moving balls. I'd just call Stern and explain what happened and ask for another. They have to cost less than 50 cents each in the quantities they got them.

#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It tears up the mylar back there and eventually the chewed up mylar will hang up very slow moving balls. I'd just call Stern and explain what happened and ask for another. They have to cost less than 50 cents each in the quantities they got them.

What do you think that would eventually do to the playfield Vireland if someone didnt out that .etal piece on there? Think it would ruin the playfield? It's a pain in the ass putting that on the Premium because that sarcophagus lock is in the way big time.

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What do you think that would eventually do to the playfield Vireland if someone didnt out that .etal piece on there? Think it would ruin the playfield? It's a pain in the ass putting that on the Premium because that sarcophagus lock is in the way big time.

Preaching to the choir. I did the upgrade on a Premium. A surprising amount of disassembly to get to and then remove the mylar, clean the area and install the metal right.

I don't know what would happen after the mylar gets chewed up because that was so annoying with balls getting stopped up there that I did the upgrade. I'm assuming it would eventually make a mess of the playfield, too. But that would take probably >10,000 plays (guessing). Mylar chewed up after about 1500 plays so I noticed it on the one here.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Shit, I sometimes forget that the entire world is shut down. You are probably right, I doubt they are sending out replacement parts at the moment.

They still are answering support emails from home and sending out parts on a limited basis. I'm assuming it's just a little slower than normal, that's all.

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's a pain in the ass putting that on the Premium because that sarcophagus lock is in the way big time.

I have a Premium. While it certainly wasn't easy, I didn't think it was that hard. You followed the instructions, right?

#2280 4 years ago

I only removed the lift ramp top and that was it!! For sure it wasn't 'easy' to remove the mylar, clean the residual glue off and put the protector in it's place, just took some extra patience....hmmm and a few swear words...OK a LOT of swearing

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

You followed the instructions, right?

Well yeah.......

No I didnt, I'm not going to lie about it.....I don't think I did anyways. It's been awhile and I cant remember honestly. What does the directions say to do? Only thing I remember was it saying to only peel like half of the tape off and to position it in place and then peel the rest of the tape off as you are putting it down. That damn sarcophagus lock is in the way BAD!!

#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well yeah.......
No I didnt, I'm not going to lie about it.....I don't think I did anyways. It's been awhile and I cant remember honestly. What does the directions say to do? Only thing I remember was it saying to only peel like half of the tape off and to position it in place and then peel the rest of the tape off as you are putting it down. That damn sarcophagus lock is in the way BAD!!

Yeah, the trick is to peel it back just a little bit and get it firmly positioned before you pull the rest of the backing and commit. You're right though, it is tough to get your hands in there. IIRC, I used a stick wrapped in a microfiber cloth to get it pressed down firmly (since I couldn't get my fat fingers in there).

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yeah, the trick is to peel it back just a little bit and get it firmly positioned before you pull the rest of the backing and commit. You're right though, it is tough to get your hands in there. IIRC, I used a stick wrapped in a microfiber cloth to get it pressed down firmly (since I couldn't get my fat fingers in there).

Where I messed up was I pushed down on the end of that metal piece because it was hung up on something and it bent the tip of it. I didnt think it would bend and once it did it wouldn't stick after that. It wont happen again I guarantee it.

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I used a stick wrapped in a microfiber cloth to get it pressed down firmly (since I couldn't get my fat fingers in there).

Ditto about the fat fingers but i used a slightly different method. Several test fits to suss out where it should go in my head, used a hobby paint brush handle with a nice blob of blue tack attached to it, pressed onto the protector and peeled the whole backing off and then located and pressed in.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ditto about the fat fingers but i used a slightly different method. Several test fits to suss out where it should go in my head, used a hobby paint brush handle with a nice blob of blue tack attached to it, pressed onto the protector and peeled the whole backing off and then located and pressed in.

The protector really doesnt need to be that long. It would help alot if they shortened it.

#2286 4 years ago

Do you need to call Stern directly for this protector or your distributor? I’ve never heard of it before now. Thanks.

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Do you need to call Stern directly for this protector or your distributor? I’ve never heard of it before now. Thanks.

I called Stern and they sent one to me. If I had to depend on the distributor that I bought my game from I would never have gotten one.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

You used to be able to email them your serial number and they'd send it out. Not sure if that's still the case.

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

The larger coil is being delivered in the next few days. But I'm on about 100 consecutive successful autolaunches since the guide adjustment a few nights ago so I think the new coil will be sidelined until/if the problem resurfaces. For anyone else considering the guide adjustment, I had to adjust more than I would have thought. The ball just barely clears the upper right flipper now. I don't think I could adjust any more in that direction without starting to graze the flipper. Also FWIW my autolaunch power is set at the default max. Trooper MB is so much more satisfying when the balls queue as intended. Even leaves enough time for a solid beer swig. That alone makes a solution worth pursuing.

Interesting. My adjustment was in the opposite direction (away from the flipper). Photos in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/40#post-5059350

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

You used to be able to email them your serial number and they'd send it out. Not sure if that's still the case.

Yeah, I emailed them a couple of months ago and they sent it to me, no fuss no muss.

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Got mine from a distributor. They should take care of you, if not order it from Stern. You will need it over time.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Got mine from a distributor. They should take care of you, if not order it from Stern. You will need it over time.

I emailed Stern last week for the updated stainless plate, they shipped it out 2 days later UPS.

You should have no problem getting instock parts from them

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Wow! Thank you for this information! Last week I started having the same problem after a routine cleaning. A shot that use to hit the loop 100% of the time now bricks into the post/guide just below the loop...manual and auto. And like you, I tried about everything suggested on this thread. How hard was it to adjust the guide? After you loosened the screw near the top of the launch, did the guide give you a little play then you tightened it back down? Thanks again for this post.

#2294 4 years ago

For those with launcher problems, my previous post about eliminating the adjustment screw altogether has me at 99.5% for months. Easy fix.

Anyone else having their jump ramp protector curling up on the back side?

15878515121507464375180186742610 (resized).jpg15878515121507464375180186742610 (resized).jpg
#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it really even neccessary? Were peoples playfields actually getting chewed up and damaged before they made the protector?Yes, Cliffy personally made me a prototype. Carbon fiber. He said, he may put them for sale. Works amazing. Bashed Mylar gone. Ball still rolls smooth...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Wow! Thank you for this information! Last week I started having the same problem after a routine cleaning. A shot that use to hit the loop 100% of the time now bricks into the post/guide just below the loop...manual and auto. And like you, I tried about everything suggested on this thread. How hard was it to adjust the guide? After you loosened the screw near the top of the launch, did the guide give you a little play then you tightened it back down? Thanks again for this post.

That's right. The screw goes into a tab on the guide that provides room to adjust. Getting to that screw is mildly annoying, requiring removal of plastic and ramp wireform. I have about 100 games since the adjustment and had only one failed loop entrance that I think was due to bad luck coincidence with a hard nudge that left the to-be-launched ball out of position, because it wasn't even close and sort of dribbled out of shooter lane..

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

For those with launcher problems, my previous post about eliminating the adjustment screw altogether has me at 99.5% for months. Easy fix.
Anyone else having their jump ramp protector curling up on the back side?[quoted image]

Mine looks like that as well. It hasn't affected game play.

2 weeks later
#2298 3 years ago

Hey, I just got my maiden prem two days ago and out the box im having an issue. Anyone ever had a problem with the entrance not opening after MUMMY is lit? Everytime it tells me to enter the sarcophagus the door never moves of even tries too open. Also think my sarcophagus doesnt work either. So annoying. For now I'm been playing it disabled since it doesnt seem to work. Any help would be great. Switches seem to register not sure what triggers the entrance door to open other than hitting the newton ball which works. Maybe bad board or motor?

Screenshot_20200516-111035_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200516-111035_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Hey, I just got my maiden prem two days ago and out the box im having an issue. Anyone ever had a problem with the entrance not opening after MUMMY is lit? Everytime it tells me to enter the sarcophagus the door never moves of even tries too open. Also think my sarcophagus doesnt work either. So annoying. For now I'm been playing it disabled since it doesnt seem to work. Any help would be great. Switches seem to register not sure what triggers the entrance door to open other than hitting the newton ball which works. Maybe bad board or motor?
[quoted image]

Go into test mode and see if you can make it raise and lower there. It may just have come disconnected in shipping. Both the sarcophagus and tomb guardian up/down are run off the node 9c board. Sounds like it just came disconnected. After you confirm it doesn't work in test, either, POWER OFF and check all the connections to that board (it's at the bottom of the playfield in the picture of the raised playfield below).

Playfield_Maiden (resized).jpgPlayfield_Maiden (resized).jpg
#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Go into test mode and see if you can make it raise and lower there. It may just have come disconnected in shipping. Both the sarcophagus and tomb guardian up/down are run off the node 9c board. Sounds like it just came disconnected. After you confirm it doesn't work in test, either, POWER OFF and check all the connections to that board (it's at the bottom of the playfield in the picture of the raised playfield below).[quoted image]

Thanks for the reply and help. I went into test mode and its a no go for both, they didnt respond at all to moving. I also check the board and everything seems to be connected and the board is getting the 48V. Not sure what to check next. It's odd that both do not work. I'm assuming this is the test mode to check the motor?

20200516_141153 (resized).jpg20200516_141153 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/46?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.