4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 50.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im having this issue ..
Same exact deal ... Mine was perfect and after a few days my auto launch and my manual are either hitting the upper left flipper or the post .. Sometimes perfect sometimes not.. Sometimes it makes it around the orbit sometimes it flys around ... I've only had mine for 10 days from nib... Very frustrating on a brand new game ...

Try cleaning the PF. I have to keep mine squeaky clean or Satan starts f-ing with the trajectory.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im having this issue ..
Same exact deal ... Mine was perfect and after a few days my auto launch and my manual are either hitting the upper left flipper or the post .. Sometimes perfect sometimes not.. Sometimes it makes it around the orbit sometimes it flys around ... I've only had mine for 10 days from nib... Very frustrating on a brand new game ...

The coil fix (stronger coil) and clean playfield seems to be the best combination.

#2003 4 years ago

bigger coil fix!

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

bigger coil fix!

Do you have a coul that works or has worked or a recomendation ? My maiden is only a week old.. I waxed the shooter lane and no difference ..

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The coil fix (stronger coil) and clean playfield seems to be the best combination.

Do have a coil that works or a recommended one I should say that will work ?

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Do have a coil that works or a recommended one I should say that will work ?

Click on the topic index link at the top of this page and click on the "how to fix auto launch forever" link.

#2007 4 years ago

Good Afternoon,

My upper left flipper is sticking and not returing to resting position. I slightly loosened the 2 screws underneath attached to flipper, it worked at first then problem returned next day. Any fixes? Thanks in advance.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Few have you have asked now.
I had the auto launch problem. I tried everything:
1: The washer
2: The wax
3: the adjustment of the mech.
4: cardio surgery
5: Frontal lobotomy
6: Faith healers
7: dentistry
8: turning it off and on again.
none of them worked.
Then I was watching Star Trek, not that new rubbish, Star Trek 4, full power now sir!
More power! that's what this needs.
So I stuck a bigger coil in https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-090-5023-ot22-600-coil.html 22-600. Don’t install the diode. And I’m using 205 on power settings.
Boom, all good. but with trooper a little too much power, so dialled it back on the settings. No more Fucking problem.
You're Welcome.
Cheers,
Neil.

Thanx for posting this ..,im ordering it now..

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Good Afternoon,
My upper left flipper is sticking and not returing to resting position. I slightly loosened the 2 screws underneath attached to flipper, it worked at first then problem returned next day. Any fixes? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your coil stop is borked. Remove and inspect.

#2010 4 years ago

With ease I was able to remove the ball gate from the shooter lane and 1 nut holding down the plastic ,.
A regular screwdriver fit perfect to loosen the ball guide in the shooter lane . I pushed it all the way to the right and tightened it back up..
I leveled the game perfectly ,..
Then adjusted the manual plunger ...
95 % the ball makes the orbit on auto or manual ...
I ordered the stronger coil and will install it upon arrival... I belive that will be the final dial in..
Im happy so far...
Thank you for this post on all,the suggestions ..

#2011 4 years ago

I posted this in another IMDN thread. Thought I’d share here in case anyone else is successful doing it, this post can get indexed if so...

You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*
I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.
I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).
Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck!

ED212633-8B87-4115-BD68-3D63F23AF7F6 (resized).jpegED212633-8B87-4115-BD68-3D63F23AF7F6 (resized).jpeg
#2012 4 years ago

Possibly in this thread not sure..
Me and my gal were just playin and her ball drained ..
When it went to player 2 it automatically shot into play ?
I know this isn't correct .
Anyone know wich switch would need adjusting ?
Its not consistent at all so having trouble tracking it down....
Thank you....

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Possibly in this thread not sure..
Me and my gal were just playin and her ball drained ..
When it went to player 2 it automatically shot into play ?
I know this isn't correct .
Anyone know wich switch would need adjusting ?
Its not consistent at all so having trouble tracking it down....
Thank you....

Take the glass off. Put the game in switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm at various places all over the playfield, multiple times, if necessary. See which switch(es) register from the vibration. Fix that or those ones.

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take the glass off. Put the game in switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm at various places all over the playfield, multiple times, if necessary. See which switch(es) register from the vibration. Fix that or those ones.

Ok much like a williams bally ECT....

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Ok much like a williams bally ECT....

I think it was the inner orbit spinner bracket it was pretty bent up makimg the spinner go real easy...
We will c soon...

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I posted this in another IMDN thread. Thought I’d share here in case anyone else is successful doing it, this post can get indexed if so...
You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*
I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.
I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).
Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck![quoted image]

Tried this tonight.. No difference... Haha . dam machine...

#2017 4 years ago

I really hope the next update fixes revive. Its sucks how often I will drain down an outlane while in MB and lose my revive even though ball save is still going

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I really hope the next update fixes revive. Its sucks how often I will drain down an outlane while in MB and lose my revive even though ball save is still going

this seems like it only happens when the ball saver timer is about to expire (but still blinking). I almost thought it was intentional.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And that right drain after successful skill shot doesn't cancel ball save. It's such a contradiction: the shot has the perfect rebound for a right outlane drain, at least on my machine. I'd say mine drains 50% of the time immediately after I make the skill shot. What's the point of the extra time for ball save if it just drains and cancels it?

#2020 4 years ago

Funny . I loosend the ball guide adjust in the shooter lane ... Maybe 1 whole turn out and the ball shoots perfect in manual and auto 99 percent of the time...

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Funny . I loosend the ball guide adjust in the shooter lane ... Maybe 1 whole turn out and the ball shoots perfect in manual and auto 99 percent of the time...

Hope to not sound stupid here, but could you post a pic of exactly what you adjusted?

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Hope to not sound stupid here, but could you post a pic of exactly what you adjusted?

Gimme a minute

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Gimme a minute

At the end of the shooter lane under the plastic ... Remove the ball gate and plastic holds ... You can carefully get a flat head in there ...i loosened mine about 3/4 to half a turn and let it sit natural..,,,
I was having a horrible time making the orbit in manual and auto.... Now it works 99 percent of the time...

0711191301_HDR (resized).jpg0711191301_HDR (resized).jpg
#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

At the end of the shooter lane under the plastic ... Remove the ball gate and plastic holds ... You can carefully get a flat head in there ...i loosened mine about 3/4 to half a turn and let it sit natural..,,,
I was having a horrible time making the orbit in manual and auto.... Now it works 99 percent of the time...[quoted image]

That's what i loosened and tried to push the guide as much "up" as i could because the ball was hitting the post below the upper left flipper, just above the skill shot target. It's better, but still not right. Are most people trying to move this guide up or down is my question. Thanks for the pic

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I was having a horrible time making the orbit in manual and auto.... Now it works 99 percent of the time...

This worked for me too.
I think it changes the angle of the lane guide so it's more on a 90 angle to the playfield.
Go back and read the wedge fix I posted. Although it's not 100% anymore, it's works 99.9999% of the time.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That's what i loosened and tried to push the guide as much "up" as i could because the ball was hitting the post below the upper left flipper, just above the skill shot target. It's better, but still not right. Are most people trying to move this guide up or down is my question. Thanks for the pic

I originally tried that .,then i tried the leave it one turn loose and it worked...

#2027 4 years ago

I also just got in the mail a stronger shooter lane coil im gonna give a shot... And reduce the setting so it makes the orbit better... And faster...

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I originally tried that .,then i tried the leave it one turn loose and it worked...

So you leave that screw just a bit loose then huh? I'll fuss with it some more. Appreciate it

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That's what i loosened and tried to push the guide as much "up" as i could because the ball was hitting the post below the upper left flipper, just above the skill shot target. It's better, but still not right. Are most people trying to move this guide up or down

I filed the end of my guide a hair since a little lip/bur was bashed into the end from the balls flying around the playfield. It was small, but just big enough to change the trajectory of the ball. It works like a champ now

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I filed the end of my guide a hair since a little lip/bur was bashed into the end from the balls flying around the playfield. It was small, but just big enough to change the trajectory of the ball. It works like a champ now

Seems like the issue is the same but a little different on all,of them...,

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So you leave that screw just a bit loose then huh? I'll fuss with it some more. Appreciate it

Yup.. 3/4 to 1 turn loose .. Worked on mine.. Seems odd.. But it works.. Haha

#2032 4 years ago

I farted about 3/4 foot from my ball guide and quickly spit on the adjustment screw. Then I tightened the screw half a turn. Now my ball guide hits the upper flipper every time. What did I do wrong?

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I farted about 3/4 foot from my ball guide and quickly spit on the adjustment screw. Then I tightened the screw half a turn. Now my ball guide hits the upper flipper every time. What did I do wrong?

Didn't spit enough. ?. Maybe try some exlax .. ?
Im unsure at this point..

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Was it a juicy fart or a dry fart? Has to be juicy or it doesn't count.

#2036 4 years ago

Last night on 3 player on ball 2 for player 2 the game went right into auto launch multi ball. . any idea on,wich switch this could be ? It has done it once or twice and I don't get a switch to register on switch test .., it never seems to do it on single player . it only seems to do it on multiplayer ,..

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Last night on 3 player on ball 2 for player 2 the game went right into auto launch multi ball. . any idea on,wich switch this could be ? It has done it once or twice and I don't get a switch to register on switch test .., it never seems to do it on single player . it only seems to do it on multiplayer ,..

Sounds like it was trooper multiball that was started? If so, it can be triggered from either the spinner switch at top or the right loop switch; and I think there might actually be 2 switches in that right loop so check both. Also make sure you have the most up to date code installed.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like it was trooper multiball that was started? If so, it can be triggered from either the spinner switch at top or the right loop switch; and I think there might actually be 2 switches in that right loop so check both. Also make sure you have the most up to date code installed.

Cool cool.., I will check.. Thank u.. Whats the latest update now ... ?

#2039 4 years ago

My pop bumper switch stopped working and looks like this... how do I bend that back into place?

20190718_112818 (resized).jpg20190718_112818 (resized).jpg
#2040 4 years ago

Fellow Pinsiders

I have my IM pro for about a month and while playing we notice alot of air balls. Ball lands on left wire form, when shooting center ramp flies back and lands on plastic covers. Tried putting the stern balls back that I replaced with some marco ones didn't do much, playfield is at 6.8 and centered L/R. Also when starting trooper do all 3 balls come out from left loop? Lately only 2 get trapped there and other comes out from right orbit. Thanks in advance.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

My pop bumper switch stopped working and looks like this... how do I bend that back into place?[quoted image]

Power off first.

Finger or screwdriver in the middle part of the middle blade and press the end forward until it's almost touching the top blade when at rest. You don't want to bend the middle leaf into a curve, just get it back to straight, then push the whole thing forward.

1 week later
#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Fellow Pinsiders
I have my IM pro for about a month and while playing we notice alot of air balls. Ball lands on left wire form, when shooting center ramp flies back and lands on plastic covers. Tried putting the stern balls back that I replaced with some marco ones didn't do much, playfield is at 6.8 and centered L/R. Also when starting trooper do all 3 balls come out from left loop? Lately only 2 get trapped there and other comes out from right orbit. Thanks in advance.

Do you have original tapered post sleeves ?
Stern black ones
Pitch and center is perfect
Trooper does same on my LE Somehow it changed after last code update if I recall correctly. I do recall that they used to all come out on the left.
You could try reducing flipper power perhaps ?

#2043 4 years ago

Minor issue.

Bulb on outlanes keeps flickering. Tried about 5 different bulbs.

Looked under the flipper and can't see a loose wire.

Bulb holder does twist, so does this mean it's faulty?

Repair or replace?

Can't see what bulb holder to buy if necessary?

Maybe this one?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5000-00

Thanks

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Do you have a coul that works or has worked or a recomendation ? My maiden is only a week old.. I waxed the shooter lane and no difference ..

You can adjust the shooter plunger and shooter lane exit. I have all original stuff in mine and it fires fine.

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Minor issue.
Bulb on outlanes keeps flickering. Tried about 5 different bulbs.
Looked under the flipper and can't see a loose wire.
Bulb holder does twist, so does this mean it's faulty?
Repair or replace?
Can't see what bulb holder to buy if necessary?
Maybe this one?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5000-00
Thanks

I have the same issue with my pro. I put a tiny piece of electrical tape on the bulb to make it sit tight in the holder. That seems to work for quite awhile, but every now and then it starts to flicker again and I have to take the bulb out and reset it in and it's fine again. Must be something with the vibration of the flippers. If there is a more permanent fix, I would sure like to hear it.

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I have the same issue with my pro. I put a tiny piece of electrical tape on the bulb to make it sit tight in the holder. That seems to work for quite awhile, but every now and then it starts to flicker again and I have to take the bulb out and reset it in and it's fine again. Must be something with the vibration of the flippers. If there is a more permanent fix, I would sure like to hear it.

Looks like the sides of the socket might not be grounding the bulb. If tape is working, just use pliers to gently squeeze the socket so that the bulb will fit tight.

I'm not sure on newer sterns, but on older machines this also happens when the spring inside the socket becomes corroded or compressed. Seeing that it's a new socket, the spring probably didn't have the right specs out of the Chinese factory. What I would do in this case is remove the socket (no need to disconnect wiring) and use needle nose pliers to pull the spring in order to add more compression. Be careful not to pull it too hard or you'll pop it out of the socket.

#2047 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the plastic blinders for the loop opto? My game only registers about 2/3 of all loops (when chaining them at speed)

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks like the sides of the socket might not be grounding the bulb. If tape is working, just use pliers to gently squeeze the socket so that the bulb will fit tight.
I'm not sure on newer sterns, but on older machines this also happens when the spring inside the socket becomes corroded or compressed. Seeing that it's a new socket, the spring probably didn't have the right specs out of the Chinese factory. What I would do in this case is remove the socket (no need to disconnect wiring) and use needle nose pliers to pull the spring in order to add more compression. Be careful not to pull it too hard or you'll pop it out of the socket.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try. One of the bulbs on the left out lane goes out and turns back on when I hit the flipper button. Starting to piss me off.

#2049 4 years ago

Squeezed the socket together a little, but didn't even think about stretching the spring a little. That did the trick. Thanks for the advice. Now I can keep my sanity.

#2050 4 years ago

Does anyone’s upper right flipper sound odd? It just started happening to me today. The flipper works fine but it has this odd bass sound that it is hitting something or dragging something yet I see nothing. Unless this it was like this from day one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 85.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/41?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.