I posted this in another IMDN thread. Thought I’d share here in case anyone else is successful doing it, this post can get indexed if so...
You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*
I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.
I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).
Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck!