4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 50.
#1851 5 years ago

So I have a Maiden Pro on route. While I was cleaning it I felt the newton ball for the Mummy shot seemed loose. I figured the nut under the playfield worked its way loose. Nope. It was on good and tight. When I lowered the playfield, I was able to just pull the ball right off the post. Isn't that thing pressed on the post? I can't imagine it just sits on there with the plastic above it to hold it down. Anyone know if this is supposed to be solidly attached or just sitting on the post loose enough to pull the ball off?

#1852 5 years ago

Oddly enough I changed my coil out and now I’m getting more misfires. Set strength to 235, and about once every 4 or 5 times the shot just bricks and misses the loop completely. Manual plunge is a crapshoot also-sometimes bricks, sometimes doesn’t have enough power to get around, and sometimes perfect. I need to check the alignment of the playfield to see if that’s the issue.

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Oddly enough I changed my coil out and now I’m getting more misfires. Set strength to 235, and about once every 4 or 5 times the shot just bricks and misses the loop completely. Manual plunge is a crapshoot also-sometimes bricks, sometimes doesn’t have enough power to get around, and sometimes perfect. I need to check the alignment of the playfield to see if that’s the issue.

Definitely need to get the manual plunge working before auto-launch...

I'm curious...did you fiddle with the guide prior to installing the new coil?

#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not so sure about that--my auto was 95% or better right out of the box and the manual was terrible. I got the manual to 100% by adjusting the mechanism placement and the auto plunge absolutely tanked. Took forever to get it almost back to where it was. How adjusting the manual mech screwed up the auto launcher is baffling, but that's how mine went.

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not so sure about that--my auto was 95% or better right out of the box and the manual was terrible. I got the manual to 100% by adjusting the mechanism placement and the auto plunge absolutely tanked. Took forever to get it almost back to where it was. How adjusting the manual mech screwed up the auto launcher is baffling, but that's how mine went.

Interesting. The shooter mech is voodoo Mine is working great lately, but it's given me PTSD...

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So I have a Maiden Pro on route. While I was cleaning it I felt the newton ball for the Mummy shot seemed loose. I figured the nut under the playfield worked its way loose. Nope. It was on good and tight. When I lowered the playfield, I was able to just pull the ball right off the post. Isn't that thing pressed on the post? I can't imagine it just sits on there with the plastic above it to hold it down. Anyone know if this is supposed to be solidly attached or just sitting on the post loose enough to pull the ball off?

This same thing happened on a brand new IM pro we were playing on location. All of a sudden the game started spitting out extra balls in the lane. We couldnt figure out what was up then we realized the mummy newton ball and captive ball were gone. The owners opened it up, we looked the pinballs over and yep, one had a hole in it. The ball had just come right off. Ended up hammering it back onto the post and its stayed in place far as I know. Seems like a drop of super glue or epoxy might be a good idea.

#1857 5 years ago

How are you guys correcting manual plunge ? It hits the rubber on top of skill shot pretty much all the time. I tried moving shooter assembly to line up ball with shooter. My auto plunge is about 95% and don’t want to make any moves that would effect the auto plunge. Any ideas?

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How are you guys correcting manual plunge ? It hits the rubber post on top of skill shot pretty much all the time. I tried moving shooter assembly to line up ball with shooter. My auto plunge is about 95% and don’t want to make any moves that would effect the auto plunge. Any ideas?

#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How are you guys correcting manual plunge ? It hits the rubber on top of skill shot pretty much all the time. I tried moving shooter assembly to line up ball with shooter. My auto plunge is about 95% and don’t want to make any moves that would effect the auto plunge. Any ideas?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/33#post-4762444

#1861 5 years ago
EB673503-58E4-4CCA-ADA8-7F1A0E4B86A5 (resized).jpegEB673503-58E4-4CCA-ADA8-7F1A0E4B86A5 (resized).jpeg
#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

This same thing happened on a brand new IM pro we were playing on location. All of a sudden the game started spitting out extra balls in the lane. We couldnt figure out what was up then we realized the mummy newton ball and captive ball were gone. The owners opened it up, we looked the pinballs over and yep, one had a hole in it. The ball had just come right off. Ended up hammering it back onto the post and its stayed in place far as I know. Seems like a drop of super glue or epoxy might be a good idea.

I didn't have either of those with me but I did have some locktite. I don't think that'll hold so probably just going to order a new newton ball. Hopefully it holds for a few weeks.

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

See post 1854. My advice, leave it alone.

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

See post 1854. My advice, leave it alone.

Thanks for the advice. I don’t want to fight with auto.

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Did you try turning it down lower? I think the one with the new coil here is like 225 and makes it 90% of the time.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for the advice. I don’t want to fight with auto.

There are plenty of soft plunge skill shots to aim for, which is what I usually do. If your auto goes wonky, then I'd (try to) fix them both--but if you are getting 90% or better auto launch I'd sit back and enjoy it.

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

There are plenty of soft plunge skill shots to aim for, which is what I usually do. If your auto goes wonky, then I'd (try to) fix them both--but if you are getting 90% or better auto launch I'd sit back and enjoy it.

One thing I noticed is that if I rotated the shooter the ball would not hit the post by skill shot. The rubber on end of shooter was fully seated but seemed to be bend in one direction. I tried cutting a small portion of the shootet rubber off for a snugger fit. That and not fully plunging the ball seems to have improved manual shooter. The full plunger extension seems to affect the trajectory. Manual plunger now working great if not attempting skill shit. Thanks for all who gave input.
Problem whole time may have just been fully extending the plunger.

#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I did not. Just tried to wiggle the playfield a bit.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you try turning it down lower? I think the one with the new coil here is like 225 and makes it 90% of the time.

I did-same result.
I think it has something to do with the way sits before it gets shot.
I’ll keep working on it. Like most here, I’m totally crazy about stuff working correctly, so I’ll get it.

#1870 5 years ago

Just changed out coil and auto working perfect. Not missing at all. Power at 255. I know recommendation is to reduce power but it’s working perfectly.

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Just changed out coil and auto working perfect. Not missing at all. Power at 255. I know recommendation is to reduce power but it’s working perfectly.

have you got trooper yet? If not get that and see how it works. The reduction in power is not for the initial ball launch but so that the balls don't overshoot trooper.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

glad that you fixed it. but thought I'd comment on this. For a long time it will work and then as the balls, playfield etc get crap on them the ball starts to slow... so fitting the coil works well.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have you got trooper yet? If not get that and see how it works. The reduction in power is not for the initial ball launch but so that the balls don't overshoot trooper.

The balls hit the right post and then line up for the charge behind the left post. Isn’t that what it’s supposed to do?

#1874 5 years ago

Noticed the clear coat bulging around a sling post the other day. On closer inspection I can see this is happening on posts around the p/f at varying degrees of severity.
Interested to know if anyone else is having the same issue are am I the lucky one?
Its hard to tell if it is just the clear lifting, or the artwork as well.

IMG_20190222_1832071 (resized).jpgIMG_20190222_1832071 (resized).jpgIMG_20190222_1831451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190222_1831451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190222_1832481 (resized).jpgIMG_20190222_1832481 (resized).jpg
#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I didn't have either of those with me but I did have some locktite. I don't think that'll hold so probably just going to order a new newton ball. Hopefully it holds for a few weeks.

Pulled the 22 year old Newton ball out of NGG to replace the 1 month old broken one in Maiden. Crazy.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Noticed the clear coat bulging around a sling post the other day. On closer inspection I can see this is happening on posts around the p/f at varying degrees of severity.
Interested to know if anyone else is having the same issue are am I the lucky one?
Its hard to tell if it is just the clear lifting, or the artwork as well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the new normal at Stern. Seen quite a bit of it.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Its hard to tell if it is just the clear lifting, or the artwork as well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Common issue on the IMDN games but hasn't caused any issues that I've heard of.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the new normal at Stern. Seen quite a bit of it.

From ghosting to planking to bulging... it's always something with their pf's. Brutal.

1 week later
#1879 5 years ago

Well, I just spent an hour and thirty working on the bottom sarcophagus switch.... We'll see how long this fix works...

Nevermind--none of the adjustment worked as it all went wonky again today. I believe the switch is so stiff it isn't going to work no matter how I bend the arm. Next up, taking it all back apart and swapping in a roller switch...

#1880 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed having issues with the sound all of a sudden becoming much more clear and more bass? It's almost as if the sound changes similarly to when your ears pop. I've noticed it happen a few times on my premium and again tonight.

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone noticed having issues with the sound all of a sudden becoming much more clear and more bass? It's almost as if the sound changes similarly to when your ears pop. I've noticed it happen a few times on my premium and again tonight.

Yep it happens to my game and others that i know as well. It will probably return to normal soon. Either that or maybe i just get used to the change, not sure?

#1882 5 years ago

Was playing my game last night when I noticed that if I hit the flipper button while the ball was in the shooter lane it would score 1k points every time. I went into switch test to check it out and when I hit the flipper button in switch test mode "top ball sense" would come up on the display. Is this the sarcophagus lock problem, if not does anyone know what switch it is and what I need to do to fix?

IMG_20190312_204948 (resized).jpgIMG_20190312_204948 (resized).jpg
#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep it happens to my game and others that i know as well. It will probably return to normal soon. Either that or maybe i just get used to the change, not sure?

I don't notice the change in sound clarity until it suddenly improves. I'm sure there are times I'm playing and the sound is subpar and not noticeable until it spontaneously improves on its own.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Was playing my game last night when I noticed that if I hit the flipper button while the ball was in the shooter lane it would score 1k points every time. I went into switch test to check it out and when I hit the flipper button in switch test mode "top ball sense" would come up on the display. Is this the sarcophagus lock problem, if not does anyone know what switch it is and what I need to do to fix?[quoted image]

Its the utterly shite design of the captive ball. You need to adjust it until it works, read the rest of the thread.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I know this sounds like a minor problem, but has anyone had an issue where the upper right flipper is very loud when returning? It didn't used to be so loud when the flipper comes back to it's resting position. I tried adjusting the rubber stopper that the flipper hits, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's like a loud thud/clack whenever I flip. And it's just the upper right flipper and none of the others.

Quoted from Riffrider:

I had the same issue with noise when the right upper flipper returns to the resting position. Fixed it by relieving some of the tension on the return spring.

n1teowl did this do the trick as my game has just started doing the exact same thing.

...and when Riffrider mentioned spring, presume it's that little spring that's part of the mech (the only spring I think).

#1886 5 years ago

I replaced the coil for the auto launcher with the one recommended by NeilMcRae and PinMonk , but am still having the ball brick into the post at the skillshot about half the time. I have the power set to 205, but also tried 225, with the same results.

Can someone that has their auto launch dialed in, post a top down pic of the launch kicker arm to see how the ends of it are resting against a ball in the shooter lane?

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I replaced the coil for the auto launcher with the one recommended by neilmcrae and vireland , but am still having the ball brick into the post at the skillshot about half the time. I have the power set to 205, but also tried 225, with the same results.
Can someone that has their auto launch dialed in, post a top down pic of the launch kicker arm to see how the ends of it are resting against a ball in the shooter lane?

can you take a video please?

#1888 5 years ago

Here are two slomo videos.

Also noticed the end of the guide is a bit hammered and it might be throwing the ball trajectory off sometimes.

86747A9B-F95D-4CA0-8351-55118D464C9E (resized).jpeg86747A9B-F95D-4CA0-8351-55118D464C9E (resized).jpeg
#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Here are two slomo videos.

I'd loosen and adjust the top guide rail up just a tiny bit.

#1890 5 years ago

yeah the guide looks suspect on that, it needs directing more downards.

Neil.

#1891 5 years ago

Thank you guys. I will adjust and report back. For clarification, by downwards do you mean loosen the screw and push the guide in a bit and then re-tighten. Or bend in the the top of the guide a bit.

screen (resized).JPGscreen (resized).JPG
#1892 5 years ago

try first without bending it.

Neil.

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thank you guys. I will adjust and report back. For clarification, by downwards do you mean loosen the screw and push the guide in a bit and then re-tighten. Or bend in the the top of the guide a bit. [quoted image]

Might want to get rid of that bump on the end of the lane guide first. Even something that small can redirect the ball.

#1894 5 years ago

OK, thanks again guys, I think I’m good to go. I polished the end of the ball guide on my grinder to get it smoother. I adjust the guide at the end as suggested, too. Now it makes it around the loop 9 out of 10 times.

#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

OK, thanks again guys, I think I’m good to go. I polished the end of the ball guide on my grinder to get it smoother. I adjust the guide at the end as suggested, too. Now it makes it around the loop 9 out of 10 times.

Yeah, pretty sure that little nub at the end was most of your problem. Glad it's all good now.

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

n1teowl did this do the trick as my game has just started doing the exact same thing.
...and when riffrider mentioned spring, presume it's that little spring that's part of the mech (the only spring I think).

Sorry to bump guys but I'm still getting this thud kinda sound? Any help at all? Did adjusting the spring help?

#1897 5 years ago

So, my newest problem is right when you start a game, instead of giving you a chance to pic whatever song you want, it makes you take 1 song, along with saying the sarcophagus lock is open. i made a video of the damn thing with my phone, but can't for the life figure out how to upload it here-says it doesn't accept .mov files.
Either way-anyone have this problem before? I'm assuming its something with a switch involving the sarcophagus.

Thanks

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

So, my newest problem is right when you start a game, instead of giving you a chance to pic whatever song you want, it makes you take 1 song, along with saying the sarcophagus lock is open. i made a video of the damn thing with my phone, but can't for the life figure out how to upload it here-says it doesn't accept .mov files.
Either way-anyone have this problem before? I'm assuming its something with a switch involving the sarcophagus.
Thanks

Yeah, would be a switch activating one of the balls. needs to open slightly I'd say.

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Thanks

is the an LE/Premium? if so likely captive balls. Put the game into switch test and you should be able to see what's causing it quickly.

#1900 5 years ago

I have something that I hope is more of a question than a problem. I have a Pro, and am wondering what is supposed to cause the right ramp flasher to activate? (This is the big yellow flasher at the top of the right ramp). I can test it in the diags and it works fine, but I don't think I've ever seen it come on during normal gameplay. I thought this was odd since this is the recommended flasher to control Pinstadium lights for this game (I used another flasher for mine, but was thinking that if I HAD used the recommended one I wouldn't have got much in the way of results!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/38?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.