4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 50.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

So....what is the fix on the crackling sound ? My pro does that along with my AS pro. My GB prem does that at high volumes as well , what gives man ? Does Stern build there games that they cant handle their own power at high volumes and causes the amp to get overloaded and start clipping on and off ?

Yeah, sounds like the amp just can't handle the really high volumes. But it's an easy and relatively cheap fix if you want a loud machine. Less than $40 all told.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not sure your first opinion isn't correct as the Premium doesn't pencil out $$ wise for the added features and it has the least appealing artwork, imo. That being said, if I liked the art I'd still buy a Premium because this game is so cool.

Premium or LE

Pencil out? Sure the pro pencils out but if you want it all and it’s worth it for the intangibles that don’t pencil then it’s premium or LE

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, sounds like the amp just can't handle the really high volumes. But it's an easy and relatively cheap fix if you want a loud machine. Less than $40 all told.

Vireland--good news-- you'll only have to post that amp link 500 more times, and not the original 666 times originally planned.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Vireland--good news-- you'll only have to post that amp link 500 more times, and not the original 666 times originally planned.

Fortunately it isn't posted every single time people ask the same question of why their sound "crackles" (clips) when they have the volume up super-high. I may just make a thread showing how to do the upgrade with connectors, etc so I never have to post it again.

#55 5 years ago

While we're talkin about it; dumb question: does that one Pyle drive both speakers, or is it one amp per speaker? Thanks for finding this for everyone.

#56 5 years ago

You hit the nail on the head homie. All of us hearing impaired guys that wanna jack it up to 55 would GREATLY appreciate a thread showing step-by-step installation of this/these amps. At your convenience, of course. Please and thank you.
-Snap, Crackle, and Pop

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

While we're talkin about it; dumb question: does that one Pyle drive both speakers, or is it one amp per speaker? Thanks for finding this for everyone.

Drives both speakers in the head, Left and Right.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Sometimes my game seems to lose count of the number of balls. Typically, it will be in Mummy MB, when the second-to-last ball drains, it kills the flipper and counts bonus. I need to pay closer attention to the precise scenario when this happens, but has anyone else experienced this?

This used to happen to me consistently until I adjusted the switch at the entrance of the sarcophagus (right where the ball lands/exits the actual ball lock). I had to adjust the switch so that it stuck out higher above the surface. Now, the ball properly registers the majority of the time, but it's still not perfect... Out of the last ~15 games, I've only had one instance where mummy multiball would (wrongly) eject a 3rd ball into play at the start of the mode, causing the ball-count error that you described.

Anyway, let me know if this helps - you should be able to adjust this switch when the sarcophagus pointed at an upward angle (without having to pull the playfield out).

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Sometimes my game seems to lose count of the number of balls. Typically, it will be in Mummy MB, when the second-to-last ball drains, it kills the flipper and counts bonus. I need to pay closer attention to the precise scenario when this happens, but has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, happens to me too. Definite bug in the code.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually I’ll change my opinion
I would want all of the features of this pin it’s that good
It’s addictive like TWD. Maybe more so
Get the premium

I agree. The additional features are very good and I couldn't picture not having them.. sure my ramp is broken and out of service already, but its a great feature and I expect it will work fine when I get my new assembly. But how cool is it? Also the sarcophagus motorized lock and trap door, I wouldn't not want that feature anymore! Such a fun machine.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fortunately it isn't posted every single time people ask the same question of why their sound "crackles" (clips) when they have the volume up super-high. I may just make a thread showing how to do the upgrade with connectors, etc so I never have to post it again.

Please do.

You’ve tried using an external amp and it solves the speaker cackling issue for certain?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Please do.
You’ve tried using an external amp and it solves the speaker cackling issue for certain?

I haven't done it myself because I don't turn any of the machines up that loud, but I'm reasonably sure it's clipping since the common thread is people playing the game LOUD.

However, in documenting this, I'll be upgrading the speakers on a Iron Maiden Pro to speakers better than the JBL Studio 500s in the factory LEs, and I'll be pairing them with the cheapie amplifier I linked to (that's still better than Stern's on-board amp). Speakers are already on the way and wiring from the Spike2 connector to RCA is already finished as of tonight. I'm taking pictures, so I'll write it all up when I'm done.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Yes. Happened to us tonight. I’m thinking it might be code related.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ordered the part !
Hope it fixes the issue.

Stern is very reluctant to send a replacement Cpu , which I’ve heard seem to be the problem

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You hit the nail on the head homie. All of us hearing impaired guys that wanna jack it up to 55 would GREATLY appreciate a thread showing step-by-step installation of this/these amps. At your convenience, of course. Please and thank you.
-Snap, Crackle, and Pop

Only way I like my Maiden is loud
+ I’m a bit deaf

#66 5 years ago

On mine the music is not clipping the speakers up to 50+, the fx and call outs are though. Not sure if that means anything nor do I care. Installing amp.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Ordered the part !
Hope it fixes the issue.
Stern is very reluctant to send a replacement Cpu , which I’ve heard seem to be the problem

The only way I can see the CPU being the issue is if it's overburdened and not delivering the audio stream correctly under load, but if that were the case, you'd hear the crackling/digital noise at "normal" and "normal loud" volumes, too, which doesn't seem to be the case. All the ones I've seen complaining about it are playing it at 35 or higher volume, which is very loud and points toward an underpowered on-board amp clipping. Gomez DID say Spike and Spike2 power budgets were so tight just adding a single mod can screw up the machine, so I can see where overdriving an underpowered on-board amp on Spike/2 will cause problems. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

It doesn't help that Stern is so stingy with the technical details and schematics for their Spike/2 systems, either. Lots more trial and error by end users than should be necessary to fix their corner-cutting.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

So....what is the fix on the crackling sound ? My pro does that along with my AS pro. My GB prem does that at high volumes as well , what gives man ? Does Stern build there games that they cant handle their own power at high volumes and causes the amp to get overloaded and start clipping on and off ?

Even though the hardware is at such a tight tolerance
Amp low power and speakers very basic.
I believe Audio mixing levels may be incorrect.

I would not be in a hurry to upgrade replace hardware at this time
and expect the problem will be sorted out through code.

Hopefully there is an audio guru at Stern that will deliver incredible sound.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

JJP had serious issues getting internal mixes and limits under control with Hobbit (especially), but I don't recall Stern having that issue on their machines, but you're right, that's another explanation for the cracking. I guess we'll soon find out if I convert this to use the line-level output to an external amp and then crank it up and get cracking.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Anyone notice if the crackling happens when callouts occur or just with music playing?

Looking forward to hearing if the external amp helps.

I pick up my LE today!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Anyone notice if the crackling happens when callouts occur or just with music playing?
Looking forward to hearing if the external amp helps.
I pick up my LE today!

Ffs get that syrup outta yer ears man

Quoted from Gryszzz:

On mine the music is not clipping the speakers up to 50+, the fx and call outs are though. Not sure if that means anything nor do I care. Installing amp.

Ha. I've said numerous times, the music is fine until you go over like, 50. Then it clips.
There is a cannon and certain effects that still remain even with speech attenuation at +60 (off) and THAT, plus the call outs, are what are clipping, even at volume 35.
Like RATT pointed out, i think it may be the audio mix.....not sure. Hoping this amp smoothes it out too. Thanks Vireland.
Congrats on yer LE bruh!

#72 5 years ago

Anyone care to please post a pic of what the leaf switch should look like for the Mummy Captive ball? I've adjusted mine a little bit but within a couple games I started having the same problems of auto launches after draining.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ffs get that syrup outta yer ears man

Ha. I've said numerous times, the music is fine until you go over like, 50. Then it clips.
There is a cannon and certain effects that still remain even with speech attenuation at +60 (off) and THAT, plus the call outs, are what are clipping, even at volume 35.
Like RATT pointed out, i think it may be the audio mix.....not sure. Hoping this amp smoothes it out too. Thanks Vireland.
Congrats on yer LE bruh!

I noticed on the Pro that the callouts were mixed really high/loud. If it's the pre-amp being overdriven adding an external amp won't help, except that it if it lets you lower the pre-amp volume and still have it loud, then it will.

#74 5 years ago

Ive heard crackling music coming from the Pro cabinet bottom speaker while I was down there leveling, but since I've lowered the volume to 15 its gone.

However sometimes the female announcer's voice has an inconsistent delay/echo effect.

Seems like software is the culprit to me.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

2) newton ball hits don’t register: adjust leaf switch and it’s fixed

My game isn't registering any shots either. How did you adjust the leaf switch?

Thanks

#76 5 years ago

First, make sure the cup is centered underneath the captive ball's post exactly. The bracket can be bent slightly. If you don't have a leaf adjustment tool you eyeball the two contacts with the captive ball in the resting position and push the metal finger behind the bottom leaf switch past the contact point and release. Reevaluate the spacing and repeat if necessary. When you are finished you want a tiny amount of space between the contacts. To test, move the captive ball very slightly. The top leaf should move and the bottom leaf shouldn't. Any more and you should be able to see the bottom leaf move. This ensures you do not have it stuck on.

Not sure why I posted this here as I'm hoping this thread will die and people will just post in the owners thread.

#77 5 years ago

My LE arrived yesterday with sarcaphogus not registering balls. Balls go in trap door in ramp but just sit at the exit gate door, ball just sits there until bal search and then does not register the shot made. Anyone know if there is a easy way to adjust switch 40 and 42? Seems like i have to remove the whole sliding door in front to get to one of them. Any pics of location would be helpful.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

My LE arrived yesterday with sarcaphogus not registering balls. Balls go in trap door in ramp but just sit at the exit gate door, ball just sits there until bal search and then does not register the shot made. Anyone know if there is a easy way to adjust switch 40 and 42? Seems like i have to remove the whole sliding door in front to get to one of them. Any pics of location would be helpful.

I would try and pull the playfield out all the way on its support rails and try to get at the switch from behind the backboard.

#79 5 years ago

V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Can I Play with Madness - new mode added as one of the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure awards
- Instant Info - Soul Shard, Tomb Awards, and Mystery Awards have been added
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - Jackpots / Double Jackpots / Quadruple Jackpots now being properly called out
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
- Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
- Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
- Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
- Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
- Tomb Lock Gate - diabling this device will change the mummy lock to happen at the bullseye (as the diverter and sarcophagus devices already do)
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - Mystery Orb light show added
- Light Shows - tomb flashes now when you have the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure lit
- Attract Mode - now cycles through select background videos
- Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added
- Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
- Replay - added replay animation
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'FEAR OF THE DARK SECRET BG %' adjustment
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 150M

V0.97.0 - May 9, 2018
=====================
- Number of the Beast - wizard mode is now complete
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 1 Eddie cards are un-lit, light all level 1 cards again to re-light Number of the Beast
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 2 Eddie cards stay lit, light all level 2 cards to re-light Number of the Beast
- Mummy Multiball - added scepter shots for add-a-ball / additional awards during the mode
- Mummy Multiball - sarcophagus lock improvements
- Aces High - added fighter ace super jackpot animation / sounds
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner - better scoop response when shots enter the scoop
- Rime Albatross Hurry Up - added a delay before the timer starts to give a chance at locking in the maximum value
- Flight of Icarus - shortened the length of the intro animation
- Soul Shard - replaced placeholder soul shard animation with new animation / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg Eddie card collect - level 2 - changed from 3rd pyramid completion to 5th pyramid completion
- Cyborg Multiball - new intro / background loop / total animations / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg jackpot animation updated
- Loop Award - mini loop scores 3x loop value and lights 2x loop
- Loop Jackpot - mini loop boosts loop jackpot value +500K and adds 3 seconds to loop jackpot timer
- Loop Jackpot - loop up post logic changed to only hold up for 2 seconds and then back down, also bring down immediately on mini-loop
- Loop Jackpot - improved big loop detection when a ball is being plunged
- Loop Jackpot - fix a bug when you drain with one loop left to light loop jackpots, it would not light jackpots when the next loop was hit after next ball was served
- Loop Jackpot - fix double loop award when the up post is blocking a big loop and you directly shoot a mini loop back into the post on the opposite side
- Loop Jackpot - score frame loop jackpot value is now visible when loop jackpots are active
- Tomb Award - change tomb award text from wrong: "2X Bonus Multiplier" to correct: "Collect 2X Bonus"
- Match - Iron Maiden themed match animations / sounds added
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - improvements to existing light shows and added additional light shows
- Revive - fixed problem with revive not saving the ball properly during grace periods
- Revive - added a new revive activated animation / sounds
- Sound - volume tweaks for many sounds
- Improved ball detection in top eject
- Ticket Dispenser Coil - enable testing in coil test
- Power Features - updating UI icons art
- Score Frame - better alignment of 'Ball' and 'Credits' text at the top of the screen
- All Modes - do not wait for grace period to expire to show mode totals
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll is now aligned with score groups better
- High Score Totals - fixed a bug with soul shard collected amount not getting included in the mode's high score total
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'LOOP VALUE TIMER' default changed from 10 to 5
- 'LOOP JACKPOT TIMER' default changed from 15 to 12
- 'LOOP JACKPOT UP POST LOOPS' default changed from 5 to 3
- '2 MINS/MIDNIGHT BALL SAVE TIME' default changed from 30 to 45
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' default changed from 2 to 3
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 125M

#81 5 years ago

I don’t fully understand the rules of Mummy MB and sarcophagus locks. However, it seems to be very difficult to trigger a switch connected to the captive ball when a second ball is in the lock position behind it. It is basic conservation of momentum. The first ball doesn’t move. Perhaps not even enough to trigger a very sensitive switch. Just watch a Newton’s Cradle.

DD35C29A-DA65-4F98-AA50-8B5EBF7AD5E8 (resized).jpegDD35C29A-DA65-4F98-AA50-8B5EBF7AD5E8 (resized).jpeg

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Same here.

#83 5 years ago

Had my best game ever after updating to this version, but also hit a bug I think. Had several of the MB's running (Trooper, ACES High, Mummy) got the add a ball somewhere in all of that, probably a couple stacked the same time.. Seemed like it lasted for 5-10 minutes, during all the frenzy, there were balls draining, reviving like mad.. Then the flippers died, and it totaled my bonus, with 3 balls still in play.. In any case, I doubt I'll recreate that again any time soon, but wondering if anyone had that happen with this or previous version.. Otherwise I like the few new things I noticed in this version, some font changes for high scores, new animations, call outs in attract mode..

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Had my best game ever after updating to this version, but also hit a bug I think. Had several of the MB's running (Trooper, ACES High, Mummy) got the add a ball somewhere in all of that, probably a couple stacked the same time.. Seemed like it lasted for 5-10 minutes, during all the frenzy, there were balls draining, reviving like mad.. Then the flippers died, and it totaled my bonus, with 3 balls still in play.. In any case, I doubt I'll recreate that again any time soon, but wondering if anyone had that happen with this or previous version.. Otherwise I like the few new things I noticed in this version, some font changes for high scores, new animations, call outs in attract mode..

Yes, this happened to me multiple times.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I thought you couldn't stack multiballs?

Quoted from Russell:I don’t fully understand the rules of Mummy MB and sarcophagus locks. However, it seems to be very difficult to trigger a switch connected to the captive ball when a second ball is in the lock position behind it. It is basic conservation of momentum. The first ball doesn’t move. Perhaps not even enough to trigger a very sensitive switch. Just watch a Newton’s Cradle.

I think there's a switch behind the second ball in the sarcophagus that is supposed to register hits when the ball is knocked over it

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think there's a switch behind the second ball in the sarcophagus that is supposed to register hits when the ball is knocked over it

It’s between the two balls if I remember right when we had issues with it registering the second ball was not sitting flush against the Newton ball so that switch wasn’t engaged.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I don’t fully understand the rules of Mummy MB and sarcophagus locks. However, it seems to be very difficult to trigger a switch connected to the captive ball when a second ball is in the lock position behind it. It is basic conservation of momentum. The first ball doesn’t move. Perhaps not even enough to trigger a very sensitive switch. Just watch a Newton’s Cradle.

It’s the furthest back switch in the captive trough

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think it just felt that way, with them all one after another, and with the add a ball.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

You are the winner !!

I had the same thing happen and I suggest that the ball is "Stuck" in the Sarcophagus due to it being "Too Level". Raise your back left leg just a little. I know balls can get a slight magnetic charge that provides enough resistance to hold it in place and keep from progressing thru to the proper place.

What number LE did you get? I am still shocked that they didn't make 666.

#90 5 years ago

Oh and my ramp is now locked in the up position. My distributor and Stern have been great but nothing fixed yet. Spending more time on it today.

I certainly feel a little annoyed that both upgrade features from the pro are both big issues out of the box. Oh and Stern is dealing with a ton of calls on the sarcaphogus and i think your lucky if yours works right out of box.

Sort of wish I got the pro but no going back now.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Dipstickjimmy:

I had the same thing happen and I suggest that the ball is "Stuck" in the Sarcophagus due to it being "Too Level". Raise your back left leg just a little. I know balls can get a slight magnetic charge that provides enough resistance to hold it in place and keep from progressing thru to the proper place.
What number LE did you get? I am still shocked that they didn't make 666.

Thanks for the tip
Don’t won’t it too have too much pitch since it’s already blistering fast

my LE # 6

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Oh and my ramp is now locked in the up position. My distributor and Stern have been great but nothing fixed yet. Spending more time on it today.
I certainly feel a little annoyed that both upgrade features from the pro are both big issues out of the box. Oh and Stern is dealing with a ton of calls on the sarcaphogus and i think your lucky if yours works right out of box.
Sort of wish I got the pro but no going back now.

Yep, my ramp is stuck in the up position as well. Coil is the issue I think.. not sure.

My distributor has already put in a request for a new motorized ramp assembly, but no word yet if it has shipped. Maybe they are seeing it is a bigger issue and others are having the same problem.

Also, if you find a fix for it please post it here for others. I have spent more time on it then I should have, completely disassembling it and putting it back together with no luck. It will work fine for a few games then get stuck again.

#93 5 years ago

Finally had a ball hang up on the switch in the sarcophagus entrance just before it reaches the plastic head that holds it until its drops into the sarcophagus. Opened her up, poked it a few times, came out. No ball search was able to get it. Might have to adjust my switch after all....

First hang up in like 50 games though, not bad.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yep, my ramp is stuck in the up position as well. Coil is the issue I think.. not sure.
My distributor has already put in a request for a new motorized ramp assembly, but no word yet if it has shipped. Maybe they are seeing it is a bigger issue and others are having the same problem.
Also, if you find a fix for it please post it here for others. I have spent more time on it then I should have, completely disassembling it and putting it back together with no luck. It will work fine for a few games then get stuck again.

In ramp test, does it find the position?

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'll try it, but I have narrowed it down to the fact that the plunger/metal piston in the coil extends outwards too far and gets caught up and stuck. Because of this, the metal release that triggers the ramp to go down will not work as the coil plunger is stuck and wont move until you lift the playfield and literally push it back down.

#96 5 years ago

I had issues with the sarcophagus switches after about 200 plays on location. Tried adjusting the two switches, but found that they were very stiff and difficult for the ball to manipulate, especially when the mech was in the shallow pitch position. Wound up replacing them with roller switches. About 2000 games since without another issue. The captive ball mechs on the other hand...

A4119C7B-5AB4-4FA1-9C4C-191E550568D8 (resized).jpegA4119C7B-5AB4-4FA1-9C4C-191E550568D8 (resized).jpeg

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Nope just does a little shimmy like it wants to go down and then sits there. Its down at the moment but after a few balls it will probably do it again. Assembly looks fine from underneath. Going to have a closer look at coils tomorrow.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

Had the same issue with my AC DC Vault Premium. Replaced two of the stiff switches after trying to adjust them. The stiffness just caused the blade to bend more, each time I adjusted it. Ordered 6 new switches and chose the softest two. No more problems

Had the same issue on my TNA which I believe uses the same crappy switch design. I replaced them with the much more reliable Williams design roller switch which takes a feather touch to depress due to the microswitch.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Can't help on the first one, but I can on the third.
Stern's ball trough rollover switches can sometimes not register due to a sticky or stiff switch. Generally, a simple adjustment to the rollover leaf will allow the pressure of the ball to make more constant contact. This can show all the time, or more typically in a scenario where the ball slowly falls in the trough and doesn't have the inertia to activate the rollover. I would bet it is the last switch to the left in the trough. It is simple to get to. Worst case scenario, you could put in a new switch. Some of them just inherently have more resistance and require some adjustment. I had this same issue with my Walking Dead and it now functions just fine. Best of luck.

I spray De-OX-ID contact cleaner on many pinball switches works wonders !! https://www.amazon.com/GC-Electronics-OX-ID-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B004SPJN9W

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP had serious issues getting internal mixes and limits under control with Hobbit (especially), but I don't recall Stern having that issue on their machines, but you're right, that's another explanation for the cracking. I guess we'll soon find out if I convert this to use the line-level output to an external amp and then crank it up and get cracking.

Would a " ground loop isolator " help ? I think I could install one .
Not quite sure how to install your best fix " Pyle PFA300 90-Watt Class T Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier with Adapter" ?
Since you know your stuff maybe make a YouTube video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/2?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.