2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,387 posts
  • 332 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 296 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C1157A43-A15F-4157-914B-78374073DABC (resized).jpeg
77A7F54D-98B1-4CD5-A539-DB355D7A0132 (resized).jpeg
41FBB21D-74AF-4154-A5F9-75018253FC0E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201105-015446 (resized).png
20200625_144633 (resized).jpg
flash.gif
U3_Comparison (resized).jpg
20200516_224447 (resized).jpg
20200516_224052 (resized).jpg
20200516_223320 (resized).jpg
node board 9c_reducedl (resized).jpg
20200516_141153 (resized).jpg
Playfield_Maiden (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200516-111035_Gallery (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
15878515121507464375180186742610 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2387 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 48.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Common issue. Back of the ramp catches on the loop rail below and behind it momentarily. Use a tiny bit of lube. Problem solved.

Is this below the playfield where you need to put lube or on top?

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Common issue. Back of the ramp catches on the loop rail below and behind it momentarily. Use a tiny bit of lube. Problem solved.

Mine was not catching on the loop, it is as I described in my post above. Yes, I'm sure it is, or will be a common issue. That's why I suggested it would be better if Stern increased the duration of the release relay to allow for a slower ramp.

#1153 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I removed the mech, cleaned the plunger and lubed the ramp hinges and the plunger link pivot points. Also lubed the back of the nylon plunger link where it presses (and can bind) against the steel when the ramp is in the fully up position.

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

I removed the mech, cleaned the plunger and lubed the ramp hinges and the plunger link pivot points. Also lubed the back of the nylon plunger link where it presses (and can bind) against the steel when the ramp is in the fully up position.

Got it, thanks. How hard is it to remove?

#1155 2 years ago

All of a sudden my auto-plunge is making 0% of loops. Has anyone made a guide with images for adjusting the alignment of the auto-shooter? My manual plunge works perfectly, so I don't think I need to adjust the ramp at all. I wasn't able to get any improvements adjusting the power of the shot in the settings either. I have my playfield balanced at 6.5 degrees, which helped someone else in this thread.

There was a post on page 7 by Chalkey saying to lossen three screws, but I don't see a set of three screws that makes sense to adjust? I have four holding it into the playfield, is that what they meant?

If I touch the auto-plunger, I can make it wiggle left/right. Is it normal for the plunger itself to have some play sideways (not the direction it hammers)?

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

All of a sudden my auto-plunge is making 0% of loops. Has anyone made a guide with images for adjusting the alignment of the auto-shooter? My manual plunge works perfectly, so I don't think I need to adjust the ramp at all. I wasn't able to get any improvements adjusting the power of the shot in the settings either. I have my playfield balanced at 6.5 degrees, which helped someone else in this thread.
There was a post on page 7 by Chalkey saying to lossen three screws, but I don't see a set of three screws that makes sense to adjust? I have four holding it into the playfield, is that what they meant?
If I touch the auto-plunger, I can make it wiggle left/right. Is it normal for the plunger itself to have some play sideways (not the direction it hammers)?

Yes some play is normal. You want set a ball in the shooter lane and let it rest against the prongs of the auto plunger and make sure both prongs touch the ball. If they dont you can carefully bend the prong that isnt touching the ball with a pair of needle nose pliers. Also take the auto plunger and push it all the way forward and make sure the prongs are touching the ball in the forward position as well. Ive only had to bend my left prong on my game.

Make small adjustments each time you bend it because a little bend of the prongs can make a big difference. Also turn your game off when you are checking this to make sure you dont get bit by the auto plunger because it will scare the crap out of you and sometimes it hurts like hell also. The auto plunger will fire when a ball sits on the switch in the shooter lane. Im sure you already know this but just wanted to tell you just in case you didnt.

#1157 2 years ago

I have the opposite to everyone else. My auto plunge always goes all the way round to the upper right flipper but manual plunge neve makes it to the upper left flipper.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I have the opposite to everyone else. My auto plunge always goes all the way round to the upper right flipper but manual plunge neve makes it to the upper left flipper.

Because the shooter rod is mis-aligned, or because the spring is too weak and it can't make it up to the diverter post at the top of the PF?

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I can kind of deal with that because you can always just go for the skill shot where the extra ball target is, but i want my auto plunger to shoot the ball up into the loop like it is suppose to. That makes the game much more fun for some reason.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can kind of deal with that because you can always just go for the skill shot where the extra ball target is, but i want my auto plunger to shoot the ball up into the loop like it is suppose to. That makes the game much more fun for some reason.

Yes, I’m not really bothered so it’s not a problem.

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

the same for me, I dismounted the ramp (3 little screws on top) and opened the angle of the ramp.
now I have a 1 mm clearance

the ramp works perfectly and is very fast
bye

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Because the shooter rod is mis-aligned, or because the spring is too weak and it can't make it up to the diverter post at the top of the PF?

Never even thought about it as it doesn’t really worry me. Now you’ve made me want to find out why. Hahaha

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Never even thought about it as it doesn’t really worry me. Now you’ve made me want to find out why. Hahaha

Both have been noted as issues, which is why I asked which one was your complaint.

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Both have been noted as issues, which is why I asked which one was your complaint.

I don’t know as it didn’t bother me but I will check now and once I know will feel compelled to fix it.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I don’t know as it didn’t bother me but I will check now and once I know will feel compelled to fix it.

I'd leave it alone. Mine was the same, fixed the manual to100% which altered the auto (somehow). Never got the auto as good again.

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just lubed the bottom of the ramp bracket where it was catching on the ball guide below. If you manually pull up the ramp, you'll see where it catches. It's just because the metal has a sharp edge and slows the ramp dropping. It goes away with time as it dulls.

#1167 2 years ago

Any tips and tricks for these two issues?:

1. Ball balancing at the back of the PF after resting on right post. Have to wait for ball search to fire the post to send the ball to the upper left flipper. This is happening more and more lately, enough that I need to find a fix. Really sux when 3x is going.

2. Ball balancing on on a lowered drop target. This happens when 1, 2 or all three are down. Have to wait for ball search, and the ball is launched to perfectly bank into the right outlane. Drives me nuts when I'm doing well. Need a fix!

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

1. Ball balancing at the back of the PF after resting on right post. Have to wait for ball search to fire the post to send the ball to the upper left flipper. This is happening more and more lately, enough that I need to find a fix. Really sux when 3x is going.
2. Ball balancing on on a lowered drop target. This happens when 1, 2 or all three are down. Have to wait for ball search, and the ball is launched to perfectly bank into the right outlane. Drives me nuts when I'm doing well. Need a fix!

Not sure on No. 1 but No. 2 you just need to lift the playfield up and the drop targets mech has an adjustment screw on it so you can raise or lower them. You just need to raise them a touch.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just lubed the bottom of the ramp bracket where it was catching on the ball guide below. If you manually pull up the ramp, you'll see where it catches. It's just because the metal has a sharp edge and slows the ramp dropping. It goes away with time as it dulls.

Thank you!

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As for #1, I adjusted the post height--give it a try and it may work. Didn't really help me all that much, but a slight shake will get the ball moving.

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you look back there there is a piece of Mylar by the post. I think that’s getting chewed up and the ball is resting on it from time to time. Id level the post first, but if that doesn’t do it, try removing that Mylar and put a fresh piece down.

#1172 2 years ago

Can some one point me to the post that describes in detail how to adjust the auto fire mech?
Thanks

#1173 2 years ago

I got an Iron Maiden Pro the other day and the ball was plunging directly into the post below the left flipper, I quickly noticed this was not how the game was meant to play.

I fixed the issue after reading the suggestions in this thread.
1. Moved metal guide slightly
2. Turned down the auto plunger from 255 to 225
3. Moved the manual plunger in center of the ball (was about 1/8 inch off)

It is working about 90-95% of the time now. Thanks to all for the tips!

#1174 2 years ago

Speaking of Auto/Manual plunge.

I have to hold the upper left flipper up in order for the ball to feed around the loop, which works most of the time. It seems to catch the flipper if I don't hold it up. Has anyone seen this? Is there an adjustment to the flipper?

The manual plunge has never been able to make it up the loop, but I prefer to go for SUPER SECRET SKILL SHOT! I would adjust the shooter if necessary and it didn't hinder the auto-plunge aspect.

Sorry if i missed this issue being addressed earlier.

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Speaking of Auto/Manual plunge.
I have to hold the upper left flipper up in order for the ball to feed around the loop, which works most of the time. It seems to catch the flipper if I don't hold it up. Has anyone seen this? Is there an adjustment to the flipper?
The manual plunge has never been able to make it up the loop, but I prefer to go for SUPER SECRET SKILL SHOT! I would adjust the shooter if necessary and it didn't hinder the auto-plunge aspect.
Sorry if i missed this issue being addressed earlier.

I had to perform the things in my previous post above yours. The trick is to get the manual plunge and the autoplunge to take the same exact path. Make sure both the manual and auto plunge mechs are centered on the ball, and move if necessary.

#1176 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to order the switch for the newton ball mummy? I have played with leaf so much it is kind of mangled. It still work but I wouldn't mind having a replacement. Thanks

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Does anyone know where to order the switch for the newton ball mummy?

I picked one up from Pinball Life for that very same reason!

Stern Tech support offered to send me a new one for free, but i had already picked one up. He verified that I could use it but would have to cut off the diode first. He also claims he sent me a replacement Newton assembly on 9/14, but I still haven't received anything.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1178 2 years ago

The fix that worked for me on the Orb ball was to elongate the holes in the plastic cup on the switch so it could be easier aligned, then readjust the leaf switch so it triggers with Orb shot but not with lower pop bumper.

With the auto-plunger hitting the post at the skillshot position, a bit of pressure on the launch lane guide and it seems fine for now.

I do have a problem of the Underworld shot will sometimes not sit on the switch, but get stuck between the sub playfield feeder ramp end and the underworld mech. Any ideas on this one?.

20180929_115316 (resized).jpg
#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from nath2099:

The fix that worked for me on the Orb ball was to elongate the holes in the plastic cup on the switch so it could be easier aligned, then readjust the leaf switch so it triggers with Orb shot but not with lower pop bumper.
With the auto-plunger hitting the post at the skillshot position, a bit of pressure on the launch lane guide and it seems fine for now.
I do have a problem of the Underworld shot will sometimes not sit on the switch, but get stuck between the sub playfield feeder ramp end and the underworld mech. Any ideas on this one?.[quoted image]

Did you loctite the hex pin? If you didnt do that it's just going to loosen up and come out of adjustment again.

#1180 2 years ago

No I didn't, but now the ramp is getting stuck open, so I'll do the loctite while it's open fixing that. Argh...

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from nath2099:

No I didn't, but now the ramp is getting stuck open, so I'll do the loctite while it's open fixing that. Argh...

Make sure it is blue loctite and not red. Just a drop on the threads that the hex pin screws on to and get as tight as you can get it and then let the game sit for at least 24 hours. Once you do that and the loctite sets up, adjust your leaf switches and you should be good to go after that.

When that hex pin comes loose it screws the adjustment up that you had on your leaf switch so you are always constantly adjusting. This is a very poor design but this seems to be the best way to deal with it.

#1182 2 years ago

No worries, will do. I saw somewhere in this thread a recommended lube for the underworld ramp to fix the issue of it getting stuck open. Do you happen to know what that recommendation was?

For the benefit of others experiencing the same issue, I also fixed the ball getting stuck in the underworld by moving the little ramp that joins the sarcophagus to the underworld (below the playfield) further towards the underworld, and bending the tips of that little ramp up just enough to sit over the underworld mech.

This is before the fix:

20180929_180333_EDITED (resized).jpg
#1183 2 years ago

just checking in. Got the new posts mummy is perfect but orb get stuck after a hard impact and needs manual intervention, is this where you are loosening the post using threadlock and thats the fix?

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

just checking in. Got the new posts mummy is perfect but orb get stuck after a hard impact and needs manual intervention, is this where you are loosening the post using threadlock and thats the fix?

Thst may be something different Neil not sure. The pointy post that screws onto the clairvoyant newton ball comes loose on its own all the time. That is why people are loctiting it to keep it from coming loose.

Does your game have the pointed hex post or the first ones that were made that arent pointed on the end?

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from nath2099:

No worries, will do. I saw somewhere in this thread a recommended lube for the underworld ramp to fix the issue of it getting stuck open. Do you happen to know what that recommendation was?
For the benefit of others experiencing the same issue, I also fixed the ball getting stuck in the underworld by moving the little ramp that joins the sarcophagus to the underworld (below the playfield) further towards the underworld, and bending the tips of that little ramp up just enough to sit over the underworld mech.
This is before the fix:[quoted image]

Buy some of this on Amazon. Its great stuff and only takes one little drop.

Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-24-05-1 (resized).png
#1186 2 years ago

Just purchased a brand new Iron Maiden and check out what I just found a week later! Looks like the playfield is delaminating in this particular spot.

2D5D050D-9641-4143-B470-6189AA377FB9 (resized).jpeg
#1187 2 years ago

Thanks for that. Still having issues with the auto plunge hitting the post below the top left flipper. How do I adjust the power to that solenoid? In the coil test it says "power=1-4", how do I change that?

#1188 2 years ago

Never mind, found it... already at max. Hmmm...

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Just purchased a brand new Iron Maiden and check out what I just found a week later! Looks like the playfield is delaminating in this particular spot.
[quoted image]

Are you sure that just not a piece of Mylar?

#1190 2 years ago

That may be it. Had to look really close to see the mylar

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thst may be something different Neil not sure. The pointy post that screws onto the clairvoyant newton ball comes loose on its own all the time. That is why people are loctiting it to keep it from coming loose.
Does your game have the pointed hex post or the first ones that were made that arent pointed on the end?

mine had the old one put the pointy one in, the mummy ball is working great, orb needs manual re-centering...

#1192 2 years ago

anyone been sent a complete orb newton ball assembly?

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

mine had the old one put the pointy one in, the mummy ball is working great, orb needs manual re-centering...

I think others have had the same problem and maybe put a little bit of oil in the rotating assembly. .if that doesnt work i would get Stern to send you a new one.

#1194 2 years ago

Turn down the trough eject to 180-200 while you're in there. Your machine shooter lane will get beat up less.

Is this option on Metallica as well, I am having trouble also with 2 balls ejecting into the shooter lane. Only option I could find is coil power - normal, soft and hard but that is for all coils. I don't see an option for trough eject.

#1195 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I don't see an option for trough eject.

No eject power option on MET.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No eject power option on MET.

Damm

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Has anyone had issues with airballs on the ramp getting stuck here? It's happened a few times to me recently, and I need to take the glass off to get it unstuck. Maybe a spike?
[quoted image]

I have a Pro and had the exact same problem with airballs. On the Pro, it required me to remove the ramp with the 3 screws and then I was able to tweak the piece of metal that holds the ramp so that the ramp was centered. Not sure what it would take on the Premium/LE models.

Maiden Ramp Before (resized).jpgMaiden Ramp After (resized).jpg

#1198 2 years ago

My game is the Pro version, master sound is at 7 (and was never above factory default). I have to turn it down otherwise the distortion is too annoying (I mention so I don't get heckled for not upping the irons!). The sound out of the cabinet speaker is awful, I noticed it when leveling the feet. The other thing I've noticed is that sometimes during more extreme action the audio coming out of the main speakers is super distorted, sometimes just beeps and other random noises. Even at its best, the audio is never 100% clear, there's always distortion or clipping or something. The best way to describe it is awful. Thinking back to it, I noticed the same thing on a demo unit at a dealer in my area, so this something that's happening to other ones. The only adjustments I have made to the game has been to turn the volume down and set to free play.

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I picked one up from Pinball Life for that very same reason!
Stern Tech support offered to send me a new one for free, but i had already picked one up. He verified that I could use it but would have to cut off the diode first. He also claims he sent me a replacement Newton assembly on 9/14, but I still haven't received anything.[quoted image]

Do you have part number for this? Did you cut the diode off and install or still waiting. I am going to be making a pinball life order shortly.

Thanks again, Mike

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

My game is the Pro version, master sound is at 7 (and was never above factory default). I have to turn it down otherwise the distortion is too annoying (I mention so I don't get heckled for not upping the irons!). The sound out of the cabinet speaker is awful, I noticed it when leveling the feet. The other thing I've noticed is that sometimes during more extreme action the audio coming out of the main speakers is super distorted, sometimes just beeps and other random noises. Even at its best, the audio is never 100% clear, there's always distortion or clipping or something. The best way to describe it is awful. Thinking back to it, I noticed the same thing on a demo unit at a dealer in my area, so this something that's happening to other ones. The only adjustments I have made to the game has been to turn the volume down and set to free play.

Have you updated the code? If not do so, they made a change to the audio I think around 1.03 that really made a difference. Worth a shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2387 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside