4C51404F-115B-428C-8EC6-B1927E1912B1 (resized).jpeg
3DCFD17E-B5F2-432A-B8D0-C05957F26886 (resized).jpeg
9A44FEB2-569A-4FD7-959E-2B1D6136A020 (resized).jpeg
IM PREM sarcophagas (resized).png
C12F9CF4-563B-4F9E-B72A-02CAC59DDD64 (resized).jpeg
20210203_131209 (resized).jpg
nodes (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 50.
#501 5 years ago

Uh oh. I think maybe I set up my plunge incorrectly. I was trying to figure out the super skill shot. According to the wiki:

Super Skill Shot

Hold the left flipper and plunge to the INNER orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 5 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 10 seconds of ball saver time.

My plunge, both manual and auto, go around the outer loop on the left, not the inner loop. Is it supposed to go into the inner or outer loop?

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Uh oh. I think maybe I set up my plunge incorrectly. I was trying to figure out the super skill shot. According to the wiki:
Super Skill Shot
Hold the left flipper and plunge to the INNER orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 5 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 10 seconds of ball saver time.
My plunge, both manual and auto, go around the outer loop on the left, not the inner loop. Is it supposed to go into the inner or outer loop?

Inner loop.

#503 5 years ago

That’s weird. If it goes into the outer loop, with the right speed, it drops off the shelf, then comes back to the upper flipper. Now THAT’s a skill shot. That’s why I assumed this was the proper setup.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

That’s weird. If it goes into the outer loop, with the right speed, it drops off the shelf, then comes back to the upper flipper. Now THAT’s a skill shot. That’s why I assumed this was the proper setup.

Whoops you’re right it is outer.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It is. Previous poster was incorrect. You shoot it as normal except short plunge so it stops at the top and rolls into the inner loop to the mini flipper. Hit the super jackpot shot. You win.

#506 5 years ago

Mine doesn’t seem to register a Super skill. Is this working on other machines?

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Mine doesn’t seem to register a Super skill. Is this working on other machines?

Super skill shot works fine for me.

#508 5 years ago

So, the Tilt Forums wiki is incorrect?

#509 5 years ago

Works fine on my Pro, seems like the description just isn't clear but seems accurate.

To be clear you hold left flipper, plunge up the outer loop, hard enough to drop into the main loop behind the jump ramp, but soft enough that the ball stops and rolls back down through the inner loop/spinner from the top. You then make the upper flipper shot into the super jackpot lane hitting the target there. Boom

#510 5 years ago

Well gottdamn....I been plunging full force to upper rt flipper---to short flipper---to NEVER the sss jackpot lane. Always hit the lower lane.
Thanks Russell!
knowing (resized).jpgknowing (resized).jpg

#511 5 years ago

Check the switch gap on that pop bumper Groo

#512 5 years ago

My LE is again unplayable due to stuck up up/down center ramp. I doubt this is fixable without new parts.

I am a few problems away from giving up.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

My LE is again unplayable due to stuck up up/down center ramp. I doubt this is fixable without new parts.

Earlier today I had the same problem and found the washers on the ramp mechanism were rubbing against a screw when trying to close/drop the ramp. I dremeled the washers a bit for clearance and it stopped happening as often... maybe the same problem for you?

NOTE: A couple days later I found that the inside of the back of the actual ramp (on top of the playfield) was rubbing against the upper loop when going up/down. Since applying some grease there I have never had this issue again, so try this first before dremeling!

I think you can do coil test #20 and #15 to watch it happen, but note that if the playfield is flipped up in maintenance position the sticking behavior may not be the same.

AF86C374-73FA-4E98-9690-C932A4BDAF41 (resized).jpegAF86C374-73FA-4E98-9690-C932A4BDAF41 (resized).jpeg

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I swore off JJP after the Dialed In disaster. This was my first Stern NIB on the Spike system and yeah, probably my last seeing how unreliable it is, coupled with the QC issues. My prior NIB to these was MMR and the design quality was excellent (granted they copied a design from 1997) while there were a couple of small QC assembly issues (Stern did build it, so....). I have a TNA on order, so that will give me a NIB sampling of basically the top 4 pinball mfgs right now. CGC seems to have the lead so far.

Its all a crapshoot unfortunately... my dile has been awesome in my year of ownership (over 2k games) but some of my nib stern purchases needed lots of things fixed. It the luck of the draw lol

#515 5 years ago

I was having major issues with autoplunge hitting the upper flipper. I tested last night and got 1 out of 10 around the loop. I've done a lot of tweaking with pitch and autoplunge strength and really didn't have any luck. I also tried using the shooter lane adjustment screw to push the end of the shooter lane as high as I could get it. Still no luck. Today I took some advice from the Iron Maiden owner's thread and did 2 things. I very slightly bent the left shooter lane guide toward the center. I changed coil setting to "hard". Now I'm up to about 90% success with no further changes. I'm hoping it stays that way, at least for a little while.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I was having major issues with autoplunge hitting the upper flipper. I tested last night and got 1 out of 10 around the loop. I've done a lot of tweaking with pitch and autoplunge strength and really didn't have any luck. I also tried using the shooter lane adjustment screw to push the end of the shooter lane as high as I could get it. Still no luck. Today I took some advice from the Iron Maiden owner's thread and did 2 things. I very slightly bent the left shooter lane guide toward the center. I changed coil setting to "hard". Now I'm up to about 90% success with no further changes. I'm hoping it stays that way, at least for a little while.

I’m having the exact same issues. Stern is sending me out a replacement kicker unit, will let you know if it helps (I’m not confident but it’s worth a shot!)

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

A 2020 pro is the way to go

#518 5 years ago

Here is my LE that I unboxed today. What a disappointment. Can’t play without a ball trough. How does that happen?

41CB5679-5BEC-4AFF-8AF0-EDBF2F3FC8F3 (resized).jpeg41CB5679-5BEC-4AFF-8AF0-EDBF2F3FC8F3 (resized).jpegB87E1B67-488E-46E3-8D8B-E21A67BAB9BF (resized).jpegB87E1B67-488E-46E3-8D8B-E21A67BAB9BF (resized).jpeg
#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here is my LE that I unboxed today. What a disappointment. Can’t play without a ball trough. How does that happen?

...umm ok, I don’t normally pile on but come on Stern, WTF is going on?
NO ball trough? Anywhere?

Sorry to hear man, THAT is just awful.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

The strongest indictment of Stern's "we QA games before they go out" that ever was. How was THIS ever tested in any meaningful way?

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I do my best to look past a lot of the little things that I can quickly straighten out myself, and I do not get involved in the threads panning alleged QC breaches, but this is freaking TERRIBLE. How many inspection points missed this??

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Check the switch gap on that pop bumper groo

Thanks. Was going to look at it but it doesn’t seem to do it much anymore.

To bring up another fun topic, anybody notice dimples on theirs? I was going over mine and haven’t noticed any so far which is not normal compared to my other machines I had. And those balls have been flying everywhere!

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Can’t play without a ball trough.

This is just unbelievable. Sorry to hear.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

To bring up another fun topic, anybody notice dimples on theirs? I was going over mine and haven’t noticed any so far which is not normal compared to my other machines I had. And those balls have been flying everywhere!

Yes...every machine dimples. Some dimple less (Dialed In) because the wood quality is better but yeah IMDN dimples. Look behind the bullseye ramp. That area is murdered with dimples.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

So sorry to hear as this SUCKS! There is no excuse for this lack of quality control. Obviously, no one tested this game at the factory.

SO BAD on Sterns's part! And I say this as a long-time Stern fan and customer.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

...does it have the “Inspected by Mr. Magoo” sticker on the lockdown bar?

Sorry but sometimes you just have to laugh. I really wish Stern would implement modern QC processes (as in since WW2) like what any “normal” manufacturing company uses. This is just not that hard. Humans make mistakes, checklists and independant double-checks rarely do.

#527 5 years ago

W.O.W.

#528 5 years ago

Anyone have concerns about the force of the ramp closing digging into the mylar under it? I noticed it after just a few days.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I think that Stern needs to take their testing process to the next level - by, maybe, playing a game on it before it goes out.

#530 5 years ago

Very inconsistent because my Premium WAS played before it left the factory. Complete will ball marks in the inlanes and shooter lane ball guide. Wiped them away so no biggie ....I guess some are tested.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The strongest indictment of Stern's "we QA games before they go out" that ever was. How was THIS ever tested in any meaningful way?

There are screw holes in the playfield where the ball through was previously installed. This doesn't prove they don't play test, in fact it could be proof they DO play test - the game had a ball through when it came off the line, they play tested it, found the ball through was problematic and took it out. Obviously then the screw-up happened, and the game was packed when it shouldn't have been. But jumping to the conclusion they don't play test at all doesn't make sense to me.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

There are screw holes in the playfield where the ball through was previously installed. This doesn't prove they don't play test, in fact it could be proof they DO play test - the game had a ball through when it came off the line, they play tested it, found the ball through was problematic and took it out. Obviously then the screw-up happened, and the game was packed when it shouldn't have been. But jumping to the conclusion they don't play test at all doesn't make sense to me.

At the very least, it didn't get play tested before it was packed. There should be safeguards in place to make sure unfinished or defective games are not sent to customers.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

At the very least, it didn't get play tested before it was packed. There should be safeguards in place to make sure unfinished or defective games are not sent to customers.

No one is arguing this wasn't a screw up. Major FAIL on Stern's part in this instance. Just sayin' it's a whole other statement to say they don't play test games as *a matter of course* coming off the line.

#534 5 years ago

I am dealing with an intermittent trough board or wire on my Premium. The trough opto board closest to center of cabinet has a connector with two wires. I have reseated it numerous times but the vibration of the slings or overall gameplay loosens it so that it stops working. The machine then tries kicking every ball out of the trough. I go into Clear Balls test, take all the balls out of the trough and with just a slight wiggle on the connector can make all the opto switches in the trough show open, closed and vice versa. Super frustrating....not sure how to fix. Emailed Stern support.

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I am dealing with an intermittent trough board or wire on my Premium. The trough opto board closest to center of cabinet has a connector with two wires. I have reseated it numerous times but the vibration of the slings or overall gameplay loosens it so that it stops working. The machine then tries kicking every ball out of the trough. I go into Clear Balls test, take all the balls out of the trough and with just a slight wiggle on the connector can make all the opto switches in the trough show open, closed and vice versa. Super frustrating....not sure how to fix. Emailed Stern support.

Bend the prongs on the board slightly outward so that they fit into the plug tighter. Then test. When it's working well, use a hot glue gun and put a dab of glue on the connection joint. Then play the game until you get carpel tunnel in both hands.

#536 5 years ago

Just got my premium last night. The right and bottom pop bumpers are continuously lit. The left pop bumper only lights when ball hits it. Is this normal or do I have an issue with a light?

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just got my premium last night. The right and bottom pop bumpers are continuously lit. The left pop bumper only lights when ball hits it. Is this normal or do I have an issue with a light?

Normal. Left is a flasher.

#538 5 years ago

something missing? LOLsomething missing? LOL

#539 5 years ago

thats just nuts that the trough is missing.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Bend the prongs on the board slightly outward so that they fit into the plug tighter. Then test. When it's working well, use a hot glue gun and put a dab of glue on the connection joint. Then play the game until you get carpel tunnel in both hands.

Thanks for the advice! I will try this. Hot glue on the connector, or the prongs?

#541 5 years ago

Or zip tie the connector together

#542 5 years ago

Could someone tell me how to tell what current software is loaded on my premium.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Could someone tell me how to tell what current software is loaded on my premium.

Turn it on. Watch the screen. It probably will say 0.98 or 1.0, which is the latest.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Final QA should ALWAYS be testing the FINAL product - the last step before packaging. This is CLEARLY a failure if Final QA, i.e. it was not done at all. That's the point.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

So, the Tilt Forums wiki is incorrect?

Hold left flipper... plunge to ball getting to top of orbit... will drop down to upper left flipper... shoot super jackpot shot.

Have to get the plunge right... and shot.

#546 5 years ago

Stop all sales. Recall.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Stop all sales. Recall.

Lol
If the game was not great
The backlash would be overwhelming

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Thanks for the advice! I will try this. Hot glue on the connector, or the prongs?

Just the connector and the board, to hold the connector in place.

#549 5 years ago

Is anyone else having a single green led on their dome flasher stay on and not turn off for a few minutes after startup, even while playing a game?

1 green led is staying on and wont turn off during any of the dome color cycling. It eventually turns off and goes back to normal after a few minutes of the machine being on.

First pic is of the green led staying on during bootup and the second is it on during attract or gameplay.

Completly consistent on how it goes back to normal after a few minutes of machine being on. Known bug or is my dome flasher malfunctioning?

20180617_003207 (resized).jpg20180617_003207 (resized).jpg20180617_003239(0) (resized).jpg20180617_003239(0) (resized).jpg
#550 5 years ago

Interesting fault

Perhaps try re-seat connectors dome to node

Intelligent dome has 35 RGB's

Maybe the dome thinks it belongs in AFM ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/11?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.