Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

650FC1A5-494F-48C8-9B1C-912735C82896 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5618 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7617366_0 (resized).png
    20230609_134449 (resized).jpg
    bleh (resized).png
    70785028539__F76136F1-4E08-4685-B040-B4AA5F08F78E (resized).jpeg
    70785027256__D6C346B8-5273-4B58-A113-999D1BAD3F4B (resized).jpeg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Whatever happened to games that had splitting cabinets? Did Stern ever replace them or offer a money refund?

They sent out replacement cabinets for a lot of them. Then we would randomly see empty cabinets for sale later. Haha.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you think decals on a pinball machine are equivalent to an engine on a vehicle, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

Are you implying that pinball machines are NOT like cars sir?!?!

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

No shit - the average Joe isn't just gonna put decals on a game themselves. I sure as hell wouldn't if it was my game -
    "Sorry your engine blew - we'll send you another one. Love, Chevrolet."

My down vote was because of how that came across condescendingly to the person you were replying to. Maybe you weren't being an asshole but that is how I read it.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Whatever happened to Stern games that had splitting cabinets? Did Stern ever replace them or offer a partial refund?

I know some folks got new cabinets mailed to them. Just empty decaled cabinets that they had to swap everything over into. Not the norm, but probably the squeaky wheels.

EDIT: Fletch beat me to it lol.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirSmokesAlotta:

My down vote was because of how that came across condescendingly to the person you were replying to. Maybe you weren't being an asshole but that is how I read it.

I didn't mean that it that way at all, maybe I should have said "no kidding", or left that off altogether.

I was agreeing with the comment about the decals not installing themselves, and added that the average Joe would have no idea what to do with them anyways. Even someone that DOES know how to re-decal a game shouldn't have to do it to a brand new game.

I then spurned the cargument with Chevy Chase when I compared it to a car manufacturer sending someone a replacement engine and expecting them to deal with it. And I like Chevy Chase. "The Three Amigos" comes to mind. Who'da thunk he was here on Pinside.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I didn't mean that it that way at all, maybe I should have said "no kidding", or left that off altogether.
    I was agreeing with the comment about the decals not installing themselves, and added that the average Joe would have no idea what to do with them anyways. Even someone that DOES know how to re-decal a game shouldn't have to do it to a brand new game.
    I then spurned the cargument with Chevy Chase when I compared it to a car manufacturer sending someone a replacement engine and expecting them to deal with it.

I agree with you completely. My Deadpool has a small mark, I got the decal from Stern, but will never install it due to the sheer complexity and hassle.

#57 1 year ago

Highly doubtful a whole new cabinet for just damaged graphics. The cabinet doesn't look dinged or dented, or gouged out with wood missing. This happened to myself as well with an LE. Brand new. Box damaged. Took pics immediately while on the lift gate and reached out to the distributor, which was 1000 miles away. As recommended, kept the machine, provided estimates from a local graphics design company to remove and replace. Distributor ordered from Stern the graphics kit. Took months to get them as Stern is not the greatest in handling a parts issue. The distributor reimbursed me the estimate costs from the graphics company. Frustrating, yes, but the ones to blame are the careless trucking companies. Bottom line they SUCK! The animals working in the warehouses don't give a rat's ass about these games. If it was Automated, I'm sure Mike will swap it out. You're in the same state, so would assume his own guys delivered it. It's a pro, so should be easily available. As for other posts a " simple fix" ??? Yea sure, if you have a day to waste for something brand new.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:I didn't mean that it that way at all, maybe I should have said "no kidding", or left that off altogether.
    I then spurned the cargument with Chevy Chase when I compared it to a car manufacturer sending someone a replacement engine and expecting them to deal with it. And I like Chevy Chase. "The Three Amigos" comes to mind. Who'da thunk he was here on Pinside.

I will gladly remove my down vote then. I didn't disagree with what was being said as much as the perceived snark that was not intended. Totally agree with not having to do it for a new machine. Pulp Fiction (SE) brought me here and if my first machine arrives with that sort of damage I would indeed be very very upset due to the excitement and anticipation and then the let down of seeing damage.

#59 1 year ago

My 1st nib was an Iron Man ve. It had a forklift hole in the box. I ripped it open and could see the glass intact. Game was fine but the dmd stopped working. Stern sent me a new dmd and a signed translite that I still have. I guess this was the end of Stern compensating you if there was a hassle.

I hope things are made right for you op

20230609_134449 (resized).jpg20230609_134449 (resized).jpg
    #60 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirSmokesAlotta:

I will gladly remove my down vote then. I didn't disagree with what was being said as much as the perceived snark that was not intended. Totally agree with not having to do it for a new machine. Pulp Fiction (SE) brought me here and if my first machine arrives with that sort of damage I would indeed be very very upset due to the excitement and anticipation and then the let down of seeing damage.

Yes, no snark zone here - well, at least on that post.....and that's a damn fine game to start out with!

Congrats!

#61 1 year ago

Nice last check on QC before slipping into the box. Geez.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirSmokesAlotta:I will gladly remove my down vote then. I didn't disagree with what was being said as much as the perceived snark that was not intended. Totally agree with not having to do it for a new machine. Pulp Fiction (SE) brought me here and if my first machine arrives with that sort of damage I would indeed be very very upset due to the excitement and anticipation and then the let down of seeing damage.

I agree with cat lady, let’s go easy on snark and condescending posts. We are better than that.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

My 1st nib was an Iron Man ve. It had a forklift hole in the box. I ripped it open and could see the glass intact. Game was fine but the dmd stopped working. Stern sent me a new dmd and a signed translite that I still have. I guess this was the end of Stern compensating you if there was a hassle.
    I hope things are made right for you op
    [quoted image]

That sounds like something Chas would have done. Sure miss him...irreplaceable.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mach169:

Finally got my Maiden, first stern I ever bought. Box was in perfect shape , opened the box to see disaster . Unreal. 7k for this .
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OP did you delete the photos of obvious pallet and box damage from your original post? If so, why?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrixTrix:

OP did you delete the photos of obvious pallet and box damage from your original post? If so, why?

His address was on there.

We were planning a surprise kegger.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrixTrix:

It was pointed out that he had his street address and name in the picture.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I agree with cat lady, let’s go easy on snark and condescending posts. We are better than that.

i just spit my drink all over my laptop........

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

It was pointed out that he had his street address and name in the picture.

valid reason, however the OP should have cropped/black out the sensitive information. The remaining photos do not should the complete story and could mislead others who did not see the original photos clearly showing shipping damage.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

That is who did it. Twice.....the 1st one got beat up by my dog before I got to it so he sent me another one.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrixTrix:

valid reason, however the OP should have cropped/black out the sensitive information. The remaining photos do not should the complete story and could mislead others who did not see the original photos clearly showing shipping damage.

Here, since you cant read the rest of the fucking thread and see it was reposted.

Pinside_forum_7617366_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7617366_0 (resized).png

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Here, since you cant read the rest of the fucking thread and see it was reposted.
    [quoted image]

That photo doesn't show the broken pallet, does it? That game was dropped during shipping or delivery.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

[quoted image]

LOL!

i hope someone besides me is catching this........

#73 1 year ago

Looks to me like the legs got smashed into the side of the cab and rubbed. I don't think that happened before it went in the box. I think something was rubbing in trasnport
    JJ

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

LOL!
    i hope someone besides me is catching this........

It is rather subtle LOL!

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrixTrix:

That photo doesn't show the broken pallet, does it? That game was dropped during shipping or delivery.

Or the smooshed up box corner

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Most certainly. He sent me a new center mission board on my ST when it crapped out. My game was like two years old.

#77 1 year ago

Getting new decals from Stern, . Just been playing the heck out of it and enjoying it. You can’t even really notice it unless you look . Centerflank thanks man!!!

IMG_5618 (resized).jpegIMG_5618 (resized).jpeg
    #78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mach169:

Getting new decals from Stern, . Just been playing the heck out of it and enjoying it. You can’t even really notice it unless you look . Centerflank thanks man!!!
    [quoted image]

We're halfway thru the life cycle of this one. The end comes in 2 years when you sell the game with the decals still not installed

#79 1 year ago

I wonder what the install rate is for compensation playfields and cab decals.

5 percent?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder what the install rate is for compensation playfields and cab decals.
    5 percent?

I assume close to 0. I have some TWD decals that will either go to the next owner if I ever sell it or just presumably thrown away when I’m dead.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We're halfway thru the life cycle of this one. The end comes in 2 years when you sell the game with the decals still not installed

That honestly is both accurate and totally made me laugh

#82 1 year ago

650FC1A5-494F-48C8-9B1C-912735C82896 (resized).jpeg650FC1A5-494F-48C8-9B1C-912735C82896 (resized).jpeg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.