imdnLenses (resized).jpg
20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg
988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg
E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg
A414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpeg
There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

I finally got around to installng my Eddie cards and Fireball loop brackets last night and they look phenomenal!

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Batman '66 TV inserts kind of work as white, and the bat signal maybe could be made yellowish, but I don't think it would really add that much.
Herman's Dragula inserts on Munsters are definitely getting a color bracket, though. With all the other colored inserts (especially on the B/W premium), weird that they left those inserts white.

What is wrong with some contrast? White is a colour too.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What is wrong with some contrast? White is a colour too.

In Batman'66 I totally agree that the inserts that are white make sense. But especially on the B/W Premium Munsters, a giant block of white inserts isn't really contrast. I might change my mind when I see it in person, but from the streams, Dragula inserts were asking for color.

#254 5 years ago

The Pinmonk UK order has arrived for distribution.

Thanks. Vic

IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

The Pinmonk UK order has arrived for distribution.
Thanks. Vic[quoted image]

Haha! That was a monster to put together! Think of all the install pictures coming!

#256 5 years ago

just placed my order
thanks Vic

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

just placed my order
thanks Vic

Thanks for the support! This'll go out Tuesday since tomorrow is MLK day and the post office is closed.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I put this in the mod thread, but I'll put it here, too, so people who don't check the mod thread can see it...
Just a preview of something else I'm working on for Iron Maiden. I want to start by getting that diorama on the left into 3D. Anubis was the hard part, so now I just have to do the columns on the left and right of him and figure out coloring/lighting. It's an encouraging start, though.
[quoted image]

Any more progress on this ? I would love to add this to my game

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Any more progress on this ? I would love to add this to my game

Still working on the details of it, but getting closer. Works great on the Pro, but I need to locate a Prem/LE to make sure it will clear the light in the back when it raises up.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still working on the details of it, but getting closer. Works great on the Pro, but I need to locate a Prem/LE to make sure it will clear the light in the back when it raises up.

Understood, I hope it does! Thx for the update, and if you need measurements or anything let me know and I’ll check on mine

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Understood, I hope it does! Thx for the update, and if you need measurements or anything let me know and I’ll check on mine

I have worked out a hidden mount so you don't have the giant stainless-colored screws on the waist area of it - that took a while. I've also scaled it up just a little to take up a bit more of the space so it doesn't look so puny. I have a test fitting of the gold/sandstone version today with the hidden mount, so I'll take a picture of that if it goes well.

EDIT: Got a picture taken of the test fitting today and decided to break this part of the discussion out from the mode lens tree mod since it's completely different and people that are interested can carry on over there. The thread with the updated test picture from today is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp#post-4803636

Looking pretty great. So much better than the flat plastic.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: Got a picture taken of the test fitting today and decided to break this part of the discussion out from the mode lens tree mod since it's completely different and people that are interested can carry on over there. The thread with the updated test picture from today is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp#post-4803636
Looking pretty great. So much better than the flat plastic.

Yep-looks amazing. The modding on this pin has been so damn good.

1 month later
#263 5 years ago

Thanks mate.
Fantastic.
Will be ordering more soon.

20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Thanks mate.
Fantastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, those are some great pictures there. Clear as a bell and the colors look excellent!

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Thanks mate.
Fantastic.

Welcome to the club! Those are great pictures! What did you take that with?

1 week later
#266 5 years ago

I'm in the process of shopping out my game and had to add the mode and card color lenses. I have the rest of the set ready to install, but just want to say what and excellent mod this is. Great seller and product. Thanks PinMonk!

imdnLenses (resized).jpgimdnLenses (resized).jpg
#267 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I'm in the process of shopping out my game and had to add the mode and card color lenses. I have the rest of the set ready to install, but just want to say what and excellent mod this is. Great seller and product. Thanks PinMonk![quoted image]

Wow, looks great with everything lit up!

#268 5 years ago

Thanks! Looking forward to installing the Fireball and Mummy, too. ...Oh and the Anubis sculpt too. (when available)

#269 5 years ago

ooop. messed up post.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks! Looking forward to installing the Fireball and Mummy, too. ...Oh and the Anubis sculpt too. (when available)

My intention is to make the Anubis sculpture mod completely plug and play with everything you need to make it look great on a Pro or a Premium/LE. It really looks great installed - much like the Iron Maiden Lens tree, I see pictures of machines without it and think they look weird.

#271 5 years ago

Fireball and Mummy gel added. Getting closer to finishing up, can’t wait to play it again!

F9338545-33CB-4E68-ADE7-A873CDD9B5DE (resized).jpegF9338545-33CB-4E68-ADE7-A873CDD9B5DE (resized).jpeg
#272 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Fireball and Mummy gel added. Getting closer to finishing up, can’t wait to play it again!
[quoted image]

Looks great! What else are you doing to it?

#273 5 years ago

Well, I'm currently putting it all back together after a top playfield tear-down. While I've been cleaning things and putting new rubbers on, I've been experimenting and changing LEDs. Also been adding mods along the way like your gel inserts. Plan on adding the Anubis when you have it ready, too.
I just put on a lighted sarcophagus that I tied into the flasher under the middle ramp. I put a small led strip behind the M-U-M-M-Y sign too, so that would be lit up. I have to finish up wiring for my lighted flipper buttons and also a Spitfire plane I'm adding LEDs to.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Well, I'm currently putting it all back together after a top playfield tear-down. While I've been cleaning things and putting new rubbers on, I've been experimenting and changing LEDs. Also been adding mods along the way like your gel inserts. Plan on adding the Anubis when you have it ready, too.
I just put on a lighted sarcophagus that I tied into the flasher under the middle ramp. I put a small led strip behind the M-U-M-M-Y sign too, so that would be lit up. I have to finish up wiring for my lighted flipper buttons and also a Spitfire plane I'm adding LEDs to.

Nice. Where are you pulling the power for the flipper buttons from?

#275 5 years ago

That I’m not sure yet. I was thinking of getting a spike power tap from Pinball Life

#276 5 years ago

Everything lit up, tried to get all colored lens inserts in the shot.

IMG_1846a (resized).JPGIMG_1846a (resized).JPG
#277 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Everything lit up, tried to get all colored lens inserts in the shot.[quoted image]

Looks great. You got it all on the screen, AND you got the coloring to show up right for Aces High and Rime. In pictures those often end up looking almost the same color, while yours clearly shows Rime as sea green and Aces sky blue they are in "real life."

We are swapping out a Pro for a Premium on the route I help with and I just finished upgrading it with all the lenses. The stock game with no lenses looks so WRONG to me now.

#278 5 years ago

Got my Eddie card mod. Now if I could just earn some !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#279 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Got my Eddie card mod. Now if I could just earn some !
[quoted image]

Looks great!

Mummy card's the easiest. Just keep spamming the upper spinner shot with the right flipper and shoot a little earlier to hit the captive ball when mummy lights up to collect the jackpot. You can make very short work of the mummy multiball requirements this way and get the card pretty easily.

#280 5 years ago

Just finished up a lens bracket for the Orb light that colors it on a Pro (Premium/LEs are RGB so it's not necessary for them) and eliminates that gap where the upside-down flasher cover hangs down. Currently I have it in blue, but I was going to offer 3 choices for the color. What should the other two colors be? Purple? Green? Pink? Yellow?

#281 5 years ago

Cool! Purple and Yellow

#282 5 years ago

Here's what the bracket looks like with a blue lens in it. The edge of the bracket lines up with the edge of the plastic, so it just looks like a thick plastic piece since I'm using clear filament:
blue-version (resized).jpgblue-version (resized).jpg

2 months later
#283 4 years ago

Got my mods, easy install.. great additions to my game!

thanks Vireland!

800EC638-48BD-4F9E-A9DE-4A661548394B (resized).jpeg800EC638-48BD-4F9E-A9DE-4A661548394B (resized).jpegAD96AB11-0A10-40AC-829D-F5E219BF2680 (resized).jpegAD96AB11-0A10-40AC-829D-F5E219BF2680 (resized).jpeg

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Got my mods, easy install.. great additions to my game!
thanks Vireland!

Looks good, but is the lens in the icarus holder, or is the yellow just blown out in the picture? It almost looks white...

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks good, but is the lens in the icarus holder, or is the yellow just blown out in the picture? It almost looks white...

Ok oops good catch I had the lens in upside down (pic updated)

4D3A3EA0-0DF6-4418-8E8D-7706F3679E7C (resized).jpeg4D3A3EA0-0DF6-4418-8E8D-7706F3679E7C (resized).jpeg
#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok oops good catch I had the lens in upside down (pic updated)
[quoted image]

Haha! It even didn't register with me that the colors were backwards, just that icarus looked white. Glad we got that sorted out. You would have been very confused in the modes when the colors were completely wrong.

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.