imdnLenses (resized).jpg
20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg
988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg
E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg
A414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpeg
There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

How close on Xmen? Want to do one mass order

It'll be sometime mid January. For X-Men, there are a lot of pieces that are large and take a long time to print for just one set and the printers are busy banging out Iron Maiden brackets pretty much non-stop to catch up. I finished the design and have a complete set of the final version of them, but I don't have the space to make them yet. I have another printer on the way that should ease things up a little, too.

#202 5 years ago

Can you do something for the Deadpool inserts in the center of the playfield and maybe ghostbusters mode trees or Batman?

I love the Iron Maiden mods. Put all 3 in today.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can you do something for the Deadpool inserts in the center of the playfield and maybe ghostbusters mode trees or Batman?

There are 4 Iron Maiden light bracket mods now. Go back a page.

Ghostbusters has been requested quite a bit, so I'm working on something.

Deadpool I don't have, but I'll put it on my "to do" list and see what I can get made.

You're the first person to report installing the Fireball and Eddie Cards brackets! How did your install of the fireball bracket go? It's kind of tight there, and you have to fit it so it goes over that opto bracket, so it's a little more fussy than the other installs. Did your install of it go smoothly?

#204 5 years ago

I installed the fireball bracket yesterday as well. On my game there was a screw holding a T-nut (shown in picture) that I had to remove since it interfered.

Also, one of my light boards was screwed into a different location, though there was a dimple that lined up, so I simply moved the board there.
20181220_133315 (resized).jpg20181220_133315 (resized).jpg

#205 5 years ago

I’m glad I waited to order now because of the mummy mod. In the store it only has gradient as both options. The contrast from white to yellow is what I’d prefer. Do I just pick one?

#206 5 years ago

As far as Ghostbusters goes, the mode trees would be great as well as the blinding lightening bolt to tone it down a little would be great

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I installed the fireball bracket yesterday as well. On my game there was a screw holding a T-nut (shown in picture) that I had to remove since it interfered.
Also, one of my light boards was screwed into a different location, though there was a dimple that lined up, so I simply moved the board there.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback. Did you get it UNDER the edge of that node board in your picture? It's on top in the picture, and that will affect the fit by a couple mm, but it's a lot with how tight the area is. Here's a pic of one of the test ones I fitted:

fireball_bracket_install_example.jpgfireball_bracket_install_example.jpg
#208 5 years ago

Yes, it was under the node board and flush with the playfield once finished. In the picture, it is not screwed down. The t-nut screw was right in the middle of the bumped out edge on the bracket, maybe 120 degrees clockwise from the nylock nut, where yours looks about 60 degrees.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, it was under the node board and flush with the playfield once finished. In the picture, it is not screwed down. The t-nut screw was right in the middle of the bumped out edge on the bracket, maybe 120 degrees clockwise from the nylock nut, where yours looks about 60 degrees.

Ah. I thought those were fixed with templates at the factory, but I guess the T-Nut screws are just anywhere around the T-Nut. Glad to know it didn't kill your install.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m glad I waited to order now because of the mummy mod. In the store it only has gradient as both options. The contrast from white to yellow is what I’d prefer. Do I just pick one?

Fixed that. Check again, it should offer both options now. Thanks for letting me know.

#211 5 years ago

Eddie Card and Loop installed a few day ago. Look fantastic. Thanks for the fast shipping Victor.

Mummy just ordered. I've said it before, but will say it again these make the game look so much better.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Eddie Card and Loop installed a few day ago. Look fantastic. Thanks for the fast shipping Victor.
Mummy just ordered. I've said it before, but will say it again these make the game look so much better.

Yeah, I'm totally not impartial, but I think with all the sets installed the machine looks as it should. Very harmonious. That fireball loop, especially, is mesmerizing when it starts animating after it's charged up.

I'm still on track to have all orders caught up by Christmas on the Iron Maiden Eddie Cards bracket/Fireball Bracket/Mummy bracket, then they'll be available on-demand.

I took a look at Deadpool today, and I've already started designing 3 bracket sets for that - one for the mode lights (matching the backboard colors) - plus an optional color bracket set for Mystique in the insert and backboard so they're not just white for people that want that, one for the B-O-O-M lights (gradient from yellow to red), and one for the multipliers (gradient from yellow to red), plus an optional color bracket set for Mystique in the insert and backboard so they're not just white.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The new Deadpool brackets are shown here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-multiplier-cluster-mode-inserts-boom-coloring-mod

...and all of them will be in the Pinmonk store today.

#214 5 years ago

Thanks man! Ordering the mummy and Deadpool mods today. And I’ll be back for ghostbusters lol.

My install of the fireball and eddy cards went smooth as can be. No problems and I’ve sold another set for you when mummite saw how great it looked haha.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks man! Ordering the mummy and Deadpool mods today. And I’ll be back for ghostbusters lol.
My install of the fireball and eddy cards went smooth as can be. No problems and I’ve sold another set for you when mummite saw how great it looked haha.

Glad to hear everything went smoothly with the install. I can't imagine any Iron Maiden owner not at least wanting the Lens Tree for the modes and the Fireball bracket. They fix what I look at as a design oversight (or more likely, Stern cost cutting) and look SO much better.

#216 5 years ago

You my friend are going to be one busy dude from here to eternity!! Great mods Mr. Monk!! Keep them coming!!

#217 5 years ago

Crap, the mummy one as well?

Have you already dropped the orders in the mail?

Pinside shops order update: 180117000062 @ Pin Monk... at.4:37 AM! Working late or just really early??

Id like to add the mummy if it isnt too late.

#218 5 years ago

I just installed the fireball and eddie cards. Best mods to come out in a while!

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Crap, the mummy one as well?
Have you already dropped the orders in the mail?
Pinside shops order update: 180117000062 @ Pin Monk... at.4:37 AM! Working late or just really early??
Id like to add the mummy if it isnt too late.

There *might* be time for yours since it was just boxed up and hasn't hit USPS yet. PM me.

#220 5 years ago

Sending pm now!

#221 5 years ago

Order placed. Thanks for making great mods

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Order placed. Thanks for making great mods

Thanks for supporting them!

#223 5 years ago

Very cool mods, man! Installed a couple in my machine last night and they look fantastic! Thanks!

#224 5 years ago

Ordered and installed the lens tree, eddie card and fireball loop lenses. They look soooo much better than stock!

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Ordered and installed the lens tree, eddie card and fireball loop lenses. They look soooo much better than stock!

Once you get them in, it really is surprising they aren't that way from the factory, and when you see machines without the color brackets they just look WRONG.

#226 5 years ago

Yeah, it's like why did they not do that from the factory. Is it even possible to save money putting clear inserts in instead of colored

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Yeah, it's like why did they not do that from the factory. Is it even possible to save money putting clear inserts in instead of colored

I can see from an inventory perspective not wanting to have 5 different colors of round lenses to put in playfields, but leaving them clear and making the light board a colored LED or an RGB can't be that much more expensive. Given the large improvement in aesthetics when they're colored right, it's a head-scratcher why they didn't do it.

#228 5 years ago

Good point about leaving the inserts clear and using a RGB. Regardless, mine looks great now with your mod!

#229 5 years ago

IRON MAIDEN COLOR FILTERS MOD FOR LEDS PART 2 (MUMMY, LOOP JACKPOT, AND EDDIE CARDS): VIDEO

Recently I installed three mods created by Vireland from Pinside. Vireland created color filters to change the appearance of the LEDS in the game.

Read the entire blog below :

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/mods-iron-maiden-color-filters-mod-for-leds-part-2-mummy-loop-jackpot-and-eddie-cards-video/

YouTube Video :

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpgIron Maiden Filters part 2 (resized).jpgIron Maiden Filters part 2 (resized).jpg
#230 5 years ago

Just a follow up on X-Men brackets. The other printer arrived, so it will ease the load on the other printers that have been going non-stop making Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Deadpool brackets. I should have X-Men brackets up next week, and maybe the two other Metallica brackets people have been requesting.

I've also started looking at whether adding some color to the massive amount of white inserts on Ghostbusters would be an improvement. I think gradient color is the way to go, but I'll report back. If it works out, that will come after the 2 other Metallica brackets.

#231 5 years ago

I bought color gels to do just that on Ghostbusters. Figured I would color coordinate them for what they are for. Dk blue for Tobins, teal for ESP, and so on. Haven't gotten to it yet, but will post picks when done.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

IRON MAIDEN COLOR FILTERS MOD FOR LEDS PART 2 (MUMMY, LOOP JACKPOT, AND EDDIE CARDS): VIDEO
Recently I installed three mods created by Vireland from Pinside. Vireland created color filters to change the appearance of the LEDS in the game.
Read the entire blog below :
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/mods-iron-maiden-color-filters-mod-for-leds-part-2-mummy-loop-jackpot-and-eddie-cards-video/
YouTube Video : [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Another great video showing the install. The screw that holds the T-nut you had a problem with apparently is "assembler's choice" at Stern as to where they put it by the T-nut. The ones I put it on here had the screw installed at about 7 o'clock position on the T-nut. Looks like yours was at about 9 or 10-o'clock on the T-nut. Fortunately most of them have been like the ones I did here at 7 o'clock and weren't a problem, but I know of two that were an issue (one other besides yours), so I'll probably re-design that section a little to make it a more flexible install in the future.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another great video showing the install. The screw that holds the T-nut you had a problem with apparently is "assembler's choice" at Stern as to where they put it by the T-nut. The ones I put it on here had the screw installed at about 7 o'clock position on the T-nut. Looks like yours was at about 9 or 10-o'clock on the T-nut. Fortunately most of them have been like the ones I did here at 7 o'clock and weren't a problem, but I know of two that were an issue (one other besides yours), so I'll probably re-design that section a little to make it a more flexible install in the future.

Thanks Vireland, the mods look great. Figures I get the one with the screw in the wrong place of your design. lol. Thanks again for making these mods for Iron Maiden. Looking forward to what else you having coming for Metallica. I sense another install video being made.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can see from an inventory perspective not wanting to have 5 different colors of round lenses to put in playfields, but leaving them clear and making the light board a colored LED or an RGB can't be that much more expensive. Given the large improvement in aesthetics when they're colored right, it's a head-scratcher why they didn't do it.

Well the lighting design at Stern is highly questionable. Like choosing cool white GI on IMDN and red GI that washes out the art. Rookie mistakes.
I wish they would out someone on it who knows what they are doing and respects the art and the player.

Fortunately, for the most part we can choose to improve things ourselves.

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well the lighting design at Stern is highly questionable. Like choosing cool white GI on IMDN and red GI that washes out the art. Rookie mistakes.
I wish they would out someone on it who knows what they are doing and respects the art and the player.
Fortunately, for the most part we can choose to improve things ourselves.

The massive amount of red on the right side by the right outlane on Deadpool is way too much, too. Completely blows out that area when a combination of white with a few red accents for the GI in that area would do the job better.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thanks Vireland, the mods look great. Figures I get the one with the screw in the wrong place of your design. lol. Thanks again for making these mods for Iron Maiden. Looking forward to what else you having coming for Metallica. I sense another install video being made.

Mine also. Just took a sanding barrel with the dremel tool and sanded out a half moon.

#237 5 years ago

I put this in the mod thread, but I'll put it here, too, so people who don't check the mod thread can see it...

Just a preview of something else I'm working on for Iron Maiden. I want to start by getting that diorama on the left into 3D. Anubis was the hard part, so now I just have to do the columns on the left and right of him and figure out coloring/lighting. It's an encouraging start, though.

initial_test_small (resized).jpginitial_test_small (resized).jpg
#238 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I put this in the mod thread, but I'll put it here, too, so people who don't check the mod thread can see it...
Just a preview of something else I'm working on for Iron Maiden. I want to start by getting that diorama on the left into 3D. Anubis was the hard part, so now I just have to do the columns on the left and right of him and figure out coloring/lighting. It's an encouraging start, though.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait to see this painted I want one for my premium.

Nice work

#239 5 years ago

All four lighting mods installed. Such an improvement. Can’t recommend enough. Great job!!!

#240 5 years ago

Same here I installed all 4 lighting mods. Highly recommended

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

All four lighting mods installed. Such an improvement. Can’t recommend enough. Great job!!!

Picture? I like seeing them because everyone's pictures are slightly different lighting conditions and cameras.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I just put up a thread about the in-progress Ghostbusters lens tree here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-colored-lens-study

#243 5 years ago

Pin Monk, these colored lens brackets are just awesome! Easy installation and knowing what to shoot for is so much easier now. I updated the code from 1.04 to 1.06 and installed your full lens bracket set. First game, I broke 1B and had three soul shards collected. Second game was 437M, the game feels easier on the new code, Maiden is becoming my new favorite pin of all time. Do you also make a lens for the four large white inserts above the flippers on Metallica?

4A0A6F7A-8207-450E-BA77-8E5F263A3116 (resized).jpeg4A0A6F7A-8207-450E-BA77-8E5F263A3116 (resized).jpegA414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpegA414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpegC301053C-9A7F-4CF0-AA84-407741004622 (resized).jpegC301053C-9A7F-4CF0-AA84-407741004622 (resized).jpeg
#244 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Pin Monk, these colored lens brackets are just awesome! Easy installation and knowing what to shoot for is so much easier now. I updated the code from 1.04 to 1.06 and installed your full lens bracket set. First game, I broke 1B and had three soul shards collected. Second game was 437M, the game feels easier on the new code, Maiden is becoming my new favorite pin of all time. Do you also make a lens for the four large white inserts above the flippers on Metallica?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the pics of your install! You're not the first to report improved scores with the lens brackets.

I am working on the large Metallica inserts you're talking about, so they will happen.

#245 5 years ago

The modes...

988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg

The loop...

8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg

The verdict...

E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpegE4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

The modes...
[quoted image]
The loop...
[quoted image]
The verdict...
[quoted image]

Now you just need to complete the set and get the Eddie Cards and Mummy lights.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

The modes...
[quoted image]
The loop...
[quoted image]
The verdict...
[quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for posting the pics!

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Deadpool and Ghostbusters are done now, but I don't really see what Batman '66 needs in the way of a color bracket that would improve the look. What did you have in mind?

#249 5 years ago

Yeah I had the TV inserts in mind and maybe the bat signal return lanes / drain lanes, but it's not as big of a change as the other stuff you've done. Gotta go buy the GB lenses now!

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yeah I had the TV inserts in mind and maybe the bat signal return lanes / drain lanes, but it's not as big of a change as the other stuff you've done. Gotta go buy the GB lenses now!

The Batman '66 TV inserts kind of work as white, and the bat signal maybe could be made yellowish, but I don't think it would really add that much.

Herman's Dragula inserts on Munsters are definitely getting a color bracket, though. With all the other colored inserts (especially on the B/W premium), weird that they left those inserts white.

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/5?hl=genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.