imdnLenses (resized).jpg
20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg
988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg
E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg
A414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpeg
There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago

Please add me for the new fireball loop and Eddie card mods.

#152 5 years ago

I'm in on the Loop.and Eddie cards!

#153 5 years ago

Mark me for both!

#154 5 years ago

Yep - count me in for the new fireball loop and Eddie card mods!!

#155 5 years ago

Putting in an order today for the mode inserts - add me to the list for the fireball inserts! And why the hell not - Eddie too!

#156 5 years ago

In for Eddie cards and fireball loop! They look amazing!

#157 5 years ago

In for both, please add me to list

#158 5 years ago

In for both please add me to the list

#159 5 years ago

Looks like Vireland is going to be a really busy man. That's what he gets for making such cool mods!

#160 5 years ago

Have a look at the Eddie Cards in the first post. I revised the bracket colors because there's some kind of smoked filter or something on the insert plastics for the cards that changes the colors differently than all the other inserts. I wasn't happy with the Cyborg or Trooper. Changed the Cyborg to green to match his sight (thanks to a pinsider recommendation) and changed the Trooper blue so it lit up better with the smoke filter on the insert plastic.

This should be in the Pin Monk store tomorrow, along with the Fireball bracket. Next up - X-MEN mode bracket I've been working on:

X-MEN-bracket-lights_sml (resized).jpgX-MEN-bracket-lights_sml (resized).jpg
#161 5 years ago

Both the Fireball loop bracket and the Eddie cards bracket are available to buy in the Pin Monk store now:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

#163 5 years ago

Have a few people in on these so I'll put the order in at the end of the week.
Question I got asked is can the trooper Eddie card be green to match the trooper lock inserts?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Have a few people in on these so I'll put the order in at the end of the week.
Question I got asked is can the trooper Eddie card be green to match the trooper lock inserts?

I settled on blue because the Trooper mode arrows are blue and I was trying to match the cards to the modes (and I used green for Cyborg since red was already taken on 2MTM card).

#165 5 years ago

Ordered . Now I have all four of the Iron Maiden improvements. Thanks for making these great mods.

#166 5 years ago

Now I’ve ordered everything you made for IMDN!
\m/

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Ordered . Now I have all four of the Iron Maiden improvements. Thanks for making these great mods.

What's the 4th?

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What's the 4th?

Improved power supply fan..

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What's the 4th?

They are all available in his store.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks to you and all for the support. This was a very accidental side gig. I started making things like the ColorDMD gasket just for myself because there was a need, then the fan (which started as instructions for a DIY project), then the lens tree, and now a store of the stuff!

I sent out a PM to everything that said they were interested in these two new ones. I may have missed some since the interest notes were mixed in this thread, the owners thread, and PM, but pretty sure I got most notified.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Improved power supply fan..

Gotcha. That one voids your warranty though...

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

True . If you wait to install after the short warranty period it won’t really matter though.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

True . If you wait to install after the short warranty period it won’t really matter though.

It's always a consideration, but I've put these in well over 10 machines so far and no issues at all (checking with a ranged temperature probe in both the power supply and the head to make sure on the ones in the hottese locations), so there shouldn't be an issue unless there's an outright failure of a fan. But in that case the power supply has a failsafe shutdown when it gets close to 160 degrees. So there are levels of protection built in.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Save the original could always put it back to stock!

#175 5 years ago

The colored insert lenses look awesome. I ordered all four of your items! Thanks

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Save the original could always put it back to stock!

That would be a plan except that you have to get the wire of the original out of the white goop. So you can get it MOSTLY perfect, but not perfectly back to stock.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The colored insert lenses look awesome. I ordered all four of your items! Thanks

Thanks much. They're all cool, but I think people will be really impressed with the fireball loop one, especially. When you have the loop charged and that animates it looks SO MUCH BETTER with a progression of color from yellow to red.

#178 5 years ago

Have sent you a couple of pm's, haven't had a reply so just making sure that you have received them
cheers
Trevor

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks much. They're all cool, but I think people will be really impressed with the fireball loop one, especially. When you have the loop charged and that animates it looks SO MUCH BETTER with a progression of color from yellow to red.

I’m pumped! Can’t wait to see it in person. Such a fair price for how much improvement to the looks of the game this delivers.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Have sent you a couple of pm's, haven't had a reply so just making sure that you have received them
cheers
Trevor

Got them, thanks! Just been buried with orders, and I have to handle the international onesie-twosie because of the varied shipping. I will get to you and the other international tonight or tomorrow.

#181 5 years ago

Got my insert "tree" in mail yesterday. Haven't installed yet, but it's very nice craftmanship, has some weight to it, looks well designed.
Now I just saw the other 2 new ones. Yes to both, and don't forget my frequent shopper discount thanks.
Nice job V!

#182 5 years ago

Got mine ordered and cant wait to get them on my game! If you got any that's screwed up Vic send them to Gryszz! He's a Jackass and deserves it!

#183 5 years ago

PM sent to order one.

#184 5 years ago

All 3 ordered

#186 5 years ago

I plan on picking up all 3 as well. Thanks for making these.

#187 5 years ago

I ordered all 3 as well, even though I already have the gels from Mezel taped in place, had those before this mod came out. Figured I would get the original lens tree since I was going to get the other 2.

#188 5 years ago

Recently I installed two mods created by Vireland from Pinside. Vireland created color filters to change the appearance of the LEDS in the game. The two mods were installed on an Iron Maiden and Metallica pinball machine.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/mods-iron-maiden-and-metallica-color-filters-mod-for-leds-video/

YouTube Post :

$R7M4B9O (resized).jpg$R7M4B9O (resized).jpg$R8L5XC5 (resized).jpg$R8L5XC5 (resized).jpg$R99DMOK (resized).jpg$R99DMOK (resized).jpg$RDO5FZ6 (resized).jpg$RDO5FZ6 (resized).jpg
#189 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Recently I installed two mods created by Vireland from Pinside. Vireland created color filters to change the appearance of the LEDS in the game. The two mods were installed on an Iron Maiden and Metallica pinball machine.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/mods-iron-maiden-and-metallica-color-filters-mod-for-leds-video/
YouTube Post : [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a great video explaining those two mods! Nice job!

#190 5 years ago

Here's a pic of the final fireball bracket. It's a kit now because I had to add screws since the light board screws for that area are like 1/4" and I just didn't feel comfortable that they were long enough when you add the bracket since the threads BARELY turned in the wood with the bracket installed. So you get the bracket and 4 new, longer screws so everything can be secured well. Price went up a few bucks as a result, but people who have already bought are locked in at the old price.

Also including the pinside store name/logo now to get people to the right place that want to buy it. International, however, still need to PM me since I haven't got that working right in the store due the the regional differences in shipping costs.

fireball_bracket_small.jpgfireball_bracket_small.jpg

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, what a great video explaining those two mods! Nice job!

Thanks Vireland. Much appreciated...

#192 5 years ago

Can’t wait to get mine
Thanks for doing this

#193 5 years ago

A whole bunch of orders for the Eddie Cards/Fireball bracket are going out today. You're really going to like them! I'm digging through the backlog of orders (thanks for the support!) and should be completely caught up by Christmas. I'm about 5 days behind. and printers are making more full steam ahead...

Once I catch up, I'll do the X-Men brackets, then back to Metallica.

#194 5 years ago

Finally got around to installing mine

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Finally got around to installing mine
[quoted image]

Awesome! Yours is another one that shows off the contrast of the blue of aces high and the blue green of rime very well.

#196 5 years ago

Another large batch of Eddie Card and Fireball brackets (and other misc stuff on some orders) went out today. I'm still on target to be caught up with the Eddie/Fireball bracket orders by Christmas. Some pinsiders should already have them now.

#197 5 years ago

The pinball monk has completed a bracket for the last white area on Iron Maiden, the mummy bracket. He is offering two flavors, a gradient of white to "mummy multiball yellow" and all "mummy multiball yellow". I prefer the gradient, but both are available in the store now.

If you have an order in that hasn't shipped yet and you want one of these without having to pay full shipping for just this, PM me and I'll do a paypal invoice and add it on manually. There's no way I can see to do this in the store at the moment.

If you're a new order or your fireball/eddie status is already "shipped" you can create a new order in the pinball monk store.

Sorry for the blurry "after" shot, it's hard to capture the subtle change of colors from M to Y well.
mummy_before_after_very_sml (resized).jpgmummy_before_after_very_sml (resized).jpgmummy_bracket_all_yellow__banner_very_sml (resized).jpgmummy_bracket_all_yellow__banner_very_sml (resized).jpg

#198 5 years ago

That looks great Vic! I like the gradient as well.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

That looks great Vic! I like the gradient as well.

Thanks. I have the gradient one installed on the location machine I help with and it looks super-boss. I tried the all-yellow initially but it seemed like too much yellow in that area. I'll eventually get a better picture of the gradient version, but getting a good shot of subtle backlit colors is tough. I might have to crack out my 35mm to get a better shot.

#200 5 years ago

How close on Xmen? Want to do one mass order

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/4?hl=johnvee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.