imdnLenses (resized).jpg
20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg
988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg
E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg
A414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpeg

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago

Your lens tree mod looks great!
Thanks again Victor.

IM-LT 03.jpgIM-LT 03.jpg

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Thanks again Victor.
[quoted image]

Where did you get those flippers?

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Thanks again Victor.
[quoted image]

Your picture is really good because it shows the difference between the Aces High and the Rime colors. Lots of phone cameras saturate it and make it look like both are blue when the Rime one is a blue-green that matches the insert in the mode.

#104 5 years ago

I nominate Victor for the best bang for your buck mod of the year award! It makes it so much easier to glance down and see what the modes are. Installed mine today and it is glorious!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I nominate Victor for the best bang for your buck mod of the year award! It makes it so much easier to glance down and see what the modes are. Installed mine today and it is glorious!

Thanks much. It will be a little less of a bargain when I bump the price a few bucks shortly to account for the extra time required to glue two corners of each lens on each lens tree now. It definitely makes it less likely that people accidentally pop the lenses out on installation by putting their fingers through the frame, but it's more time-consuming to make, so these'll be going up a few bucks shortly.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't even have this game (yet), but want one of these because it's that good of an idea. Sending PM.

I’m in the same boat, just ordered one for when I get the game at some point in the future...

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where did you get those flippers?

They are Hieroglyphics flipper toppers from Ulekstore.
www.ulekstore.com

#108 5 years ago

Took longer to remove the lock down bar and get the glass off than to install this mod. Victor is a friggen genius. Such a simple and effective solution that really adds needed color depth to the lower playfield inserts. I'm so glad I saw this at the Cleveland Pinball Show a couple months ago and inquired about it. Worth every friggen penny.

#109 5 years ago

Mine already showed up and is installed. Thanks Victor!

Now to track down those flipper bat thingies at ulek and some Egyptian themed artblades I saw at one of those two vendors.

On a side note, this thread sent me down the 3D printer rabbit hole for the week. Have one on order now to play with... sometimes I’m like a squirrel when a shiny bauble pops up...

#110 5 years ago

Mod installed. Fantastic. If you own an IMDN buy this!

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Mod installed. Fantastic. If you own an IMDN buy this!

Even if ya don’t for 15 bucks it’s a steal.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Even if ya don’t for 15 bucks it’s a steal.

It's not $15 anymore. The early adopters got a REAL steal. But even at $23 still a great deal.

#113 5 years ago

Pm sent

#114 5 years ago

My NIB IMDN arrives tomorrow. Got my art blades, heiroglyph flipper toppers, mummy shooter rod... just waiting on this lens tree to arrive. I hope it comes soon, I wanted to have my LE all dressed up purdy like for the honeymoonen. Thanks again Vireland!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not $15 anymore. The early adopters got a REAL steal. But even at $23 still a great deal.

23 bucks is still a very fair price for this mod.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

23 bucks is still a very fair price for this mod.

FRGN cheap...... How many great mods can you buy for 23 bucks shipped..

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

FRGN cheap...... How many great mods can you buy for 23 bucks shipped..

Not many thats for sure. This one is a damn good one also, simple but it really makes the game look a lot nicer.

#118 5 years ago

Another satisfied consumer, thanks Vic!

6979ED7D-0495-46DF-A21D-771A7D9E3612 (resized).jpeg6979ED7D-0495-46DF-A21D-771A7D9E3612 (resized).jpeg
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Another satisfied consumer, thanks Vic!
[quoted image]

Looks great, glad you dig your hotrod red SE version.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great, glad you dig your hotrod red SE version.

LOL. Thanks, I get many compliments when Superman or anybody else that has x-ray vision comes over!

#122 5 years ago

A ton more of these were shipped today now that I have boxes again. Should be completely caught up by tomorrow.

#123 5 years ago

Completely caught up with the orders for these as of today! Anyone still waiting on theirs should have them in hand shortly.

#124 5 years ago

Working on an Eddie card bracket and a fireball bracket for the loop bonus lights. Down to - what else - getting the colors right. Mummy is yellow for sure. 2MTM is red for sure. Trooper I want to say blue, but the lock lights are green, so...still leaning blue, and Cyborg has to be some pinkish flesh color because he can't be red, too since 2MTM has that. These colors in the example are still not quite right, but closer.

Once I get this one done, I'll work on banging out the rest of the fireball bracket for the loop jackpot lights. Yellow to orange to red, like a fireball. That one's complicated because there are tons of assemblies in the way, but I think I'm close.

EDIT: Okay, I think I have the colors. The pictures below are the current build. The Cyborg one is more pink/flesh in person though it kind of looks purplish in this picture.eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpgeddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg
bracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpgbracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpg

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Working on an Eddie card bracket and a fireball bracket for the loop bonus lights. Down to - what else - getting the colors right. Mummy is yellow for sure. 2MTM is red for sure. Trooper I want to say blue, but the lock lights are green, so...still leaning blue, and Cyborg has to be some pinkish flesh color because he can't be red, too since 2MTM has that. These colors in the example are still not quite right, but closer.
Once I get this one done, I'll work on banging out the rest of the fireball bracket for the loop jackpot lights. Yellow to orange to red, like a fireball. That one's complicated because there are tons of assemblies in the way, but I think I'm close.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice Vireland!

#126 5 years ago

Sign me up again. Nice job.

#127 5 years ago

I'm in!

#128 5 years ago

im in, sign me up please

#129 5 years ago

Take my money!

#130 5 years ago

I'll also be ordering, great ideas! Always bugs me that I work hard to get an Eddie card, and it is just white.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'll also be ordering, great ideas! Always bugs me that I work hard to get an Eddie card, and it is just white.

My big thing is "what card is that again?" when I see one lit. With the color-coding it's obvious what you have.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My big thing is "what card is that again?" when I see one lit. With the color-coding it's obvious what you have.

I'm usually so jazzed to get any Eddie card I don't care which one it is! But white is unimaginative, just like the mode ladder.

#133 5 years ago

Have the bracket for the fireball loop (that's what I'm calling it since the coloring the bracket allows suggests a fireball) done enough to show the effect that looks a whole lot better than plain white. It's a very tight fit because there is an opto assembly and the corner of the small flipper bracket to get around, but adding the colors to transition from yellow to the red 2X really enhances the effect of that loop.
fireball-loop-sml (resized).jpgfireball-loop-sml (resized).jpg

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have the bracket for the fireball loop (that's what I'm calling it since the coloring the bracket allows suggests a fireball) done enough to show the effect that looks a whole lot better than plain white. It's a very tight fit because there is an opto assembly and the corner of the small flipper bracket to get around, but adding the colors to transition from yellow to the red 2X really enhances the effect of that loop.
[quoted image]

That looks great! Put me down for one.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

That looks great! Put me down for one.

Same here, i want the Fireball loop and the Eddie card mod both.

#136 5 years ago

Yes, add me to the list for both new ones

#137 5 years ago

Same here for both. Thank for doing what Stern should have.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Same here for both. Thank for doing what Stern should have.

Honestly, the Eddie cards are debatable (it IS better color coded IMO), but the mode lights and fireball loop are absolutely better with the colored lenses. The playfield ART for the loop is fire for god's sake, so why are the progression lights on it white?! It just looks so much better with a fire-color progression on the inserts.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, i want the Fireball loop and the Eddie card mod both.

Ditto

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly, the Eddie cards are debatable (it IS better color coded IMO), but the mode lights and fireball loop are absolutely better with the colored lenses. The playfield ART for the loop is fire for god's sake, so why are the progression lights on it white?! It just looks so much better with a fire-color progression on the inserts.

I think the fire loop looks a million times better and honestly i don't think the Eddie cards are debatable either. They look so much better with your mod than they do from the factory. I can't wait until you get these made up so i can get them.

#141 5 years ago

I’ll take both too. Looks great.

#142 5 years ago

Christmas comes early! I'll take the Eddies and Loop mods as well.

#143 5 years ago

Looks fantastic Vic !!!......... Remember the good old days when all ya had to do was change an LED.

LMK when these are ready and I put in an order for both and some fans.

#144 5 years ago

Sign me up. I’ll take both as well.

#145 5 years ago

Please put me on the list also.

#146 5 years ago

Put me on the list for both as well!

#147 5 years ago

Love the fireball loop one , I’m in, let me know when ready to sell!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

( I’ll probably do the eddie too, why not)

#149 5 years ago

Let me know when they're both ready to go.
I'll take a fan too.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Colors are locked in and installed a final version today. The loop is way more awesome now when the lights start animating from yellow to red when it's charged up. Really cool.

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod/page/3?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.