39 days ago

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by aztarac
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fireball-compare_sml (resized).jpg
bracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpg
eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg
fireball-loop-sml (resized).jpg
eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg
6979ED7D-0495-46DF-A21D-771A7D9E3612 (resized).jpeg
IM-LT 03.jpg
BeforeandAfter2 (resized).jpg
A5FEAE93-7478-4201-9FCB-10D0785FA910 (resized).jpeg
E777F70C-50BB-4752-8DCC-1B5FB97E0960 (resized).jpeg
36C1FE52-44F7-432F-AF23-230045B25356 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181120_141952 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181118_160952 (resized).jpg
C95C98B4-6639-4228-9FC4-87F1B5C410B2 (resized).jpeg
20181117_215633 (resized).jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 days ago

Your lens tree mod looks great!
Thanks again Victor.

IM-LT 03.jpg

#102 11 days ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Thanks again Victor.
[quoted image]

Where did you get those flippers?

#103 11 days ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Thanks again Victor.
[quoted image]

Your picture is really good because it shows the difference between the Aces High and the Rime colors. Lots of phone cameras saturate it and make it look like both are blue when the Rime one is a blue-green that matches the insert in the mode.

#104 11 days ago

I nominate Victor for the best bang for your buck mod of the year award! It makes it so much easier to glance down and see what the modes are. Installed mine today and it is glorious!

#105 11 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I nominate Victor for the best bang for your buck mod of the year award! It makes it so much easier to glance down and see what the modes are. Installed mine today and it is glorious!

Thanks much. It will be a little less of a bargain when I bump the price a few bucks shortly to account for the extra time required to glue two corners of each lens on each lens tree now. It definitely makes it less likely that people accidentally pop the lenses out on installation by putting their fingers through the frame, but it's more time-consuming to make, so these'll be going up a few bucks shortly.

#106 11 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't even have this game (yet), but want one of these because it's that good of an idea. Sending PM.

I’m in the same boat, just ordered one for when I get the game at some point in the future...

#107 10 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where did you get those flippers?

They are Hieroglyphics flipper toppers from Ulekstore.
www.ulekstore.com

#108 10 days ago

Took longer to remove the lock down bar and get the glass off than to install this mod. Victor is a friggen genius. Such a simple and effective solution that really adds needed color depth to the lower playfield inserts. I'm so glad I saw this at the Cleveland Pinball Show a couple months ago and inquired about it. Worth every friggen penny.

#109 10 days ago

Mine already showed up and is installed. Thanks Victor!

Now to track down those flipper bat thingies at ulek and some Egyptian themed artblades I saw at one of those two vendors.

On a side note, this thread sent me down the 3D printer rabbit hole for the week. Have one on order now to play with... sometimes I’m like a squirrel when a shiny bauble pops up...

#110 10 days ago

Mod installed. Fantastic. If you own an IMDN buy this!

#111 10 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Mod installed. Fantastic. If you own an IMDN buy this!

Even if ya don’t for 15 bucks it’s a steal.

#112 10 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Even if ya don’t for 15 bucks it’s a steal.

It's not $15 anymore. The early adopters got a REAL steal. But even at $23 still a great deal.

#113 10 days ago

Pm sent

#114 10 days ago

My NIB IMDN arrives tomorrow. Got my art blades, heiroglyph flipper toppers, mummy shooter rod... just waiting on this lens tree to arrive. I hope it comes soon, I wanted to have my LE all dressed up purdy like for the honeymoonen. Thanks again Vireland!

#115 10 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's not $15 anymore. The early adopters got a REAL steal. But even at $23 still a great deal.

23 bucks is still a very fair price for this mod.

#116 9 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

23 bucks is still a very fair price for this mod.

FRGN cheap...... How many great mods can you buy for 23 bucks shipped..

#117 9 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

FRGN cheap...... How many great mods can you buy for 23 bucks shipped..

Not many thats for sure. This one is a damn good one also, simple but it really makes the game look a lot nicer.

#118 9 days ago

Another satisfied consumer, thanks Vic!

6979ED7D-0495-46DF-A21D-771A7D9E3612 (resized).jpeg
#119 9 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Another satisfied consumer, thanks Vic!
[quoted image]

Looks great, glad you dig your hotrod red SE version.

#121 9 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Looks great, glad you dig your hotrod red SE version.

LOL. Thanks, I get many compliments when Superman or anybody else that has x-ray vision comes over!

#122 5 days ago

A ton more of these were shipped today now that I have boxes again. Should be completely caught up by tomorrow.

#123 3 days ago

Completely caught up with the orders for these as of today! Anyone still waiting on theirs should have them in hand shortly.

#124 2 days ago

Working on an Eddie card bracket and a fireball bracket for the loop bonus lights. Down to - what else - getting the colors right. Mummy is yellow for sure. 2MTM is red for sure. Trooper I want to say blue, but the lock lights are green, so...still leaning blue, and Cyborg has to be some pinkish flesh color because he can't be red, too since 2MTM has that. These colors in the example are still not quite right, but closer.

Once I get this one done, I'll work on banging out the rest of the fireball bracket for the loop jackpot lights. Yellow to orange to red, like a fireball. That one's complicated because there are tons of assemblies in the way, but I think I'm close.

EDIT: Okay, I think I have the colors. The pictures below are the current build. The Cyborg one is more pink/flesh in person though it kind of looks purplish in this picture.eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg

#125 2 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Working on an Eddie card bracket and a fireball bracket for the loop bonus lights. Down to - what else - getting the colors right. Mummy is yellow for sure. 2MTM is red for sure. Trooper I want to say blue, but the lock lights are green, so...still leaning blue, and Cyborg has to be some pinkish flesh color because he can't be red, too since 2MTM has that. These colors in the example are still not quite right, but closer.
Once I get this one done, I'll work on banging out the rest of the fireball bracket for the loop jackpot lights. Yellow to orange to red, like a fireball. That one's complicated because there are tons of assemblies in the way, but I think I'm close.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice Vireland!

#126 2 days ago

Sign me up again. Nice job.

#127 2 days ago

I'm in!

#128 2 days ago

im in, sign me up please

#129 2 days ago

Take my money!

#130 2 days ago

I'll also be ordering, great ideas! Always bugs me that I work hard to get an Eddie card, and it is just white.

#131 2 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'll also be ordering, great ideas! Always bugs me that I work hard to get an Eddie card, and it is just white.

My big thing is "what card is that again?" when I see one lit. With the color-coding it's obvious what you have.

#132 2 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

My big thing is "what card is that again?" when I see one lit. With the color-coding it's obvious what you have.

I'm usually so jazzed to get any Eddie card I don't care which one it is! But white is unimaginative, just like the mode ladder.

#133 2 days ago

Have the bracket for the fireball loop (that's what I'm calling it since the coloring the bracket allows suggests a fireball) done enough to show the effect that looks a whole lot better than plain white. It's a very tight fit because there is an opto assembly and the corner of the small flipper bracket to get around, but adding the colors to transition from yellow to the red 2X really enhances the effect of that loop.
fireball-loop-sml (resized).jpg

#134 2 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Have the bracket for the fireball loop (that's what I'm calling it since the coloring the bracket allows suggests a fireball) done enough to show the effect that looks a whole lot better than plain white. It's a very tight fit because there is an opto assembly and the corner of the small flipper bracket to get around, but adding the colors to transition from yellow to the red 2X really enhances the effect of that loop.
[quoted image]

That looks great! Put me down for one.

#135 1 day ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

That looks great! Put me down for one.

Same here, i want the Fireball loop and the Eddie card mod both.

#136 1 day ago

Yes, add me to the list for both new ones

#137 1 day ago

Same here for both. Thank for doing what Stern should have.

#138 1 day ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Same here for both. Thank for doing what Stern should have.

Honestly, the Eddie cards are debatable (it IS better color coded IMO), but the mode lights and fireball loop are absolutely better with the colored lenses. The playfield ART for the loop is fire for god's sake, so why are the progression lights on it white?! It just looks so much better with a fire-color progression on the inserts.

#139 1 day ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, i want the Fireball loop and the Eddie card mod both.

Ditto

#140 1 day ago
Quoted from vireland:

Honestly, the Eddie cards are debatable (it IS better color coded IMO), but the mode lights and fireball loop are absolutely better with the colored lenses. The playfield ART for the loop is fire for god's sake, so why are the progression lights on it white?! It just looks so much better with a fire-color progression on the inserts.

I think the fire loop looks a million times better and honestly i don't think the Eddie cards are debatable either. They look so much better with your mod than they do from the factory. I can't wait until you get these made up so i can get them.

#141 1 day ago

I’ll take both too. Looks great.

#142 1 day ago

Christmas comes early! I'll take the Eddies and Loop mods as well.

#143 22 hours ago

Looks fantastic Vic !!!......... Remember the good old days when all ya had to do was change an LED.

LMK when these are ready and I put in an order for both and some fans.

#144 15 hours ago

Sign me up. I’ll take both as well.

#145 15 hours ago

Please put me on the list also.

#146 15 hours ago

Put me on the list for both as well!

#147 14 hours ago

Love the fireball loop one , I’m in, let me know when ready to sell!

#148 14 hours ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

( I’ll probably do the eddie too, why not)

#149 10 hours ago

Let me know when they're both ready to go.
I'll take a fan too.

#150 5 hours ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Colors are locked in and installed a final version today. The loop is way more awesome now when the lights start animating from yellow to red when it's charged up. Really cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 24.50
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside