imdnLenses (resized).jpg
20190225_173920-01 (resized).jpeg
20190225_173245-01 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190119_122234 (resized).jpg
8D782DCD-4EB9-4E4B-9337-9C22B2FCA2E2 (resized).jpeg
988C1631-8A35-4C69-A067-67B21244A738 (resized).jpeg
E4BE32DF-E5BA-437C-BD18-99D4E826614C (resized).jpeg
A414AB01-6433-46EE-8162-35BBADA9E636 (resized).jpeg

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

---------- NOTICE ------------------------
I opened a Pinside store to keep track of these and the other mods since there are too many now and it's easier to keep track of it all in one place. The store is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

International is not working there yet, though. PM me if you're international and I can look up shipping cost, but in general it's expensive to ship internationally.
--------------------------------------------

I have four different mods for various Iron Maiden inserts now. All of them are pictured in this post. All are available in the Pin Monk here on Pinside now.

First, I have the lens tree for the mode lights on Iron Maiden so they match the colors of the modes they represent instead of all of them being white (except the last one, 2MTM, which is red from the factory). It's plug and play - you just remove the light board, thread the existing 2 light board screws through the two connectors and screw the light board back in. Looks pretty good in the game.

EDIT: This is the final design MARK2 (I retook the picture to try to capture the colors better). First part is how it looks from the top of the PF lit, second one is the lens tree itself, the third part is how it looks with the light board re-installed over the lens tree...
lens-mod-d2 (resized).jpglens-mod-d2 (resized).jpg

djreddog made a before and after comparison that really illustrates how much better it is with the mod installed:
Lens-Tree-BeforeandAfter-w-logo (resized).jpgLens-Tree-BeforeandAfter-w-logo (resized).jpg

Here's the brackets I've made for the Eddie cards, Fireball loop, and Mummy lights, which are also for sale in the Pin Monk store here on Pinside:

EDDIE CARDS BRACKET (revised colors)
eddie_cards_sml-w-logo (resized).jpgeddie_cards_sml-w-logo (resized).jpg

THE EDDIE CARDS BRACKET ITSELF:
bracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpgbracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpg

FIREBALL LOOP BRACKET (Loop Jackpot)
fireball-compare_sml-w-logo (resized).jpgfireball-compare_sml-w-logo (resized).jpg

THE FIREBALL BRACKET ITSELF:
fireball_bracket_small (resized).jpgfireball_bracket_small (resized).jpg

MUMMY LIGHTS BRACKET:
mummy_before_after_sml (resized).jpgmummy_before_after_sml (resized).jpg
mummy_bracket_installed_very_sml (resized).jpgmummy_bracket_installed_very_sml (resized).jpg

ORB COLOR BRACKET (Pro ONLY, Prem/LE is already RGB):
blue-version (resized).jpgblue-version (resized).jpg

Here are some other mods you may find useful:
Metallica F-U-E-L lights bracket:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-f-u-e-l-gauge-lens-bracket

Spike quiet fan upgrade kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

ColorDMD gasket for Stern machines with the angled speaker panel:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

#2 5 years ago

In! Looks great

#3 5 years ago

Sent pm

#4 5 years ago

I am in and I don’t even own the game! Bump for a great product!

#5 5 years ago

In!

Should have been factory really!

I had a white diffuser to soften the glare but this is way better.

#6 5 years ago

Payment sent . Nice solution.

#7 5 years ago

PM sent.

#8 5 years ago

This looks great. PM sent

#9 5 years ago

Fantastic job! I'm in!

#10 5 years ago

Very nice! Tempted to buy one and I don't own the game yet either! Great work!

#11 5 years ago

UPDATE: I have some more polycarbonate coming in to try to better match the bluish sea green of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner mode lights for that lens. The green lens I have works, but it's not really a close match. They should be here Thursday, then these will start going out (with the original green or the bluish sea green lens, whichever works out, but hopefully the sea green). Also, the frames will be a gray rather than black (you don't see the frame once you put the PF down), and I added an installation key so you can't put the Lens Tree on backwards. The updated picture in the OP shows the revised design with the key.

General comment - these were WAY more immediately popular than I expected. My 3D printer is crying.

#12 5 years ago

What printer do you use? I just bought an Ender 3, which is capable of really nice prints, but I am still learning so most of mine suck. I FINALLY got it to print the awesome Dwarf throne for my TH, so that will be installed eventually.

#13 5 years ago

These are on an Ender 3, but I'll probably transition to the PRUSA i3 Mk3 mostly to speed up the print outputs. I have a LOT left to print just to catch up, and it's going pretty much non-stop.

#14 5 years ago

I might have found a better match for the Fear of the Dark color, too. Should know tomorrow.

#15 5 years ago

When you get the color lenses worked out let me know and I am in for one.

Cheers and UP THE IRONS!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

When you get the color lenses worked out let me know and I am in for one.
Cheers and UP THE IRONS!

PM me your email if you want one. The list is quite long.

I should have pics up tonight of the final colors. Turned out really cool. The orange is still a little intense, but I think everyone will be quite pleased, and the holders are made to snap the colored plastic in and out of, so if you find a better color, you can put whatever you want in the frame. But I think what I came up with will make 98% of Maiden owners happy.

#17 5 years ago

Here's pics of the final lens tree. The lens trees are all gray, except for a handful of red I made while I was waiting for more gray filament to come in. There's also a key (a rounded bumper by the yellow) so you can't install the tree upside down.

These will start shipping tomorrow in the order payments came in. I have a lot to ship (and still printing some), so I should be caught up by the end of next week. I think you'll all really like it. No idea why Stern didn't do this on at least their Prem/LEs.

lens-mod-d (resized).jpglens-mod-d (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago

Any chance you could make something like this for Meltallica for the multiball inserts? You would sell hundreds.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Any chance you could make something like this for Meltallica for the multiball inserts? You would sell hundreds.

Ship has kind of sailed on Metallica fuel inserts, too, but they could benefit as well. I plan to look at all the ones where it would make sense to have something like this and do them. The light tree design makes them easy to install and totally reversible.

#20 5 years ago

First batch of lens trees went out in order payments were received. I got about a quarter of the total out today.

#21 5 years ago

Got my lens tree today--looks great--nice work!

#22 5 years ago

Vireland I would like on, Can you PM me where to send the funds!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Vireland I would like on, Can you PM me where to send the funds!

Just PM me your email and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Also there are new pictures coming today of further refinement on the colors. The ones I already shipped will be getting an envelope with the revised lenses.

#25 5 years ago

Okay, have the final colors now. This is the way they will all be from here out. I wasn't happy with Fear of the Dark and Rime before. Fear in the game inserts are more pink-purple and I had more of a straight purple, and Rime was almost a light turquiose, and now it matches much better. The differences are subtle and don't photograph well, but it looks pretty much perfect in person.

lens-mod-d2 (resized).jpglens-mod-d2 (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago

Looks awesome!

#27 5 years ago

Just ordered mine and cant wait to get it. Great mod, great price, great seller!

#28 5 years ago

About 2/3 the remaining ones are going out tomorrow. I should be caught up by the end of the week.

#29 5 years ago

I have 75% of the total orders out now. All the shipments after the one last week are getting the new (final) color lenses and the ones from last week will be sent the new colors so they can upgrade the ones they have to the final colors. I played it a bunch today and the new colors are great. Very close to the mode arrow colors.

I'll definitely be caught up with everything including international by Friday.

#30 5 years ago

That’s great you are sending the new color lenses to existing owners

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

That’s great you are sending the new color lenses to existing owners

It's the right thing to do. I wouldn't leave them hanging for being the first to support it!

#32 5 years ago

Just received my tree mod today. Looks great and built well..Looking forward to this weekend so I can install it. Thanks Vireland .

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Just received my tree mod today. Looks great and built well..Looking forward to this weekend so I can install it. Thanks Vireland .

Definitely post a pic when you get it installed!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Cant wait to get mine installed either. The colors look so much better than the white lights.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant wait to get mine installed either. The colors look so much better than the white lights.

Did you get yours yet? There are a bunch being delivered today.

#37 5 years ago

Sending pm!

#38 5 years ago

Got mine today.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get yours yet? There are a bunch being delivered today.

Yes Sir i sure did. My gf called about 10 minutes ago and said there was a package with your name on it, i couldn't believe it got here so fast. I hope to out it on tonight after work! Thanks for the fast shipping!

#40 5 years ago

Just ordered mine today

#41 5 years ago

My camera sucks on my phone and i think the lights were on their way out when i snapped the pic but this is the best pic i could get. Hallowed by thy name is not dim like my picture shows. The game looks much better now and I am very happy with this mod. Super easy install too. Thanks again Vireland, you are awesome man!
20181117_215633 (resized).jpg20181117_215633 (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My camera sucks on my phone and i think the lights were on their way out when i snapped the pic but this is the best pic i could get. Hallowed by thy name is not dim like my picture shows. The game looks much better now and I am very happy with this mod. Super easy install too. Thanks again Vireland, you are awesome man!
[quoted image]

Awesome! It really does seem like it was meant to be this way once you get it installed.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome! It really does seem like it was meant to be this way once you get it installed.

Yea it should have came like this from the factory and it probably would have if they would have thought about it. It just makes sense that these lights should correspond with the colored inserts that you're supposed to shoot at.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yea it should have came like this from the factory and it probably would have if they would have thought about it. It just makes sense that these lights should correspond with the colored inserts that you're supposed to shoot at.

At least on the Premium/LE, if nothing else. But hey, it's fixed now! Thanks for supporting my project!

#45 5 years ago

Received mine yesterday and just installed now. Literally took two minutes. My phone camera also sucks and I couldn't get a good photo of just how great this looks. An excellent mod that every Maiden owner absolutely should get. Thanks vireland, a job well done!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Received mine yesterday and just installed now. Literally took two minutes. My phone camera also sucks and I couldn't get a good photo of just how great this looks. An excellent mod that every Maiden owner absolutely should get. Thanks vireland, a job well done!

Yeah, the colors are subtle and it doesn't photograph well. It also seems like the brightness in LED all light test (where I initially tried to photograph them) is more than what those inserts are given in-game, but that could just be an illusion.

Glad people are liking this mod! I went from zero interest in being a mod vendor to having three, (this, the ColorDMD gasket, and the quieter Spike power supply fans) all of them starting as personal projects.

#47 5 years ago

Got mine installed last night. Excellent mod. Easy to install, killer value, and looks great!

#48 5 years ago

Got mine and installed it yesterday, it looks great. Snapped a pic in a dark room and it turned out nice.

C95C98B4-6639-4228-9FC4-87F1B5C410B2 (resized).jpegC95C98B4-6639-4228-9FC4-87F1B5C410B2 (resized).jpeg
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Got mine and installed it yesterday, it looks great. Snapped a pic in a dark room and it turned out nice.
[quoted image]

That is a very good pic of the install! The hardest part to show up in the picture is the difference between the Rime and Aces inserts. They're quite different-looking in real life, but show as not that far apart in pics.

#50 5 years ago

Just installed mine. It looks great! It also apparently helps you play better! I got only my 2nd or 3rd cyborg multiball (couldn't hit crap once it started though - got less than a million in the mode... ), was one mode away from 2 minutes to madness (I assume finishing all 5 missions starts that, I've never done it...), and got a new GC score! All for only $14, that's a steal!

IMG_20181118_160952 (resized).jpgIMG_20181118_160952 (resized).jpg
There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.