39 days ago

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by aztarac
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fireball-compare_sml (resized).jpg
bracket-under_pf-sml (resized).jpg
eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg
fireball-loop-sml (resized).jpg
6979ED7D-0495-46DF-A21D-771A7D9E3612 (resized).jpeg
IM-LT 03.jpg
BeforeandAfter2 (resized).jpg
A5FEAE93-7478-4201-9FCB-10D0785FA910 (resized).jpeg
E777F70C-50BB-4752-8DCC-1B5FB97E0960 (resized).jpeg
36C1FE52-44F7-432F-AF23-230045B25356 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181120_141952 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181118_160952 (resized).jpg
C95C98B4-6639-4228-9FC4-87F1B5C410B2 (resized).jpeg
20181117_215633 (resized).jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 39 days ago

---------- NOTICE ------------------------
I opened a Pinside store to keep track of these and the other mods since there are too many now and it's easier to keep track of it all in one place. The store is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

International is not working there yet, though. PM me if you're international and I can look up shipping cost, but in general it's expensive to ship internationally.
--------------------------------------------

I have three different mods for various Iron Maiden inserts now. All of them are pictured in this post. Lens tree is available now and the Eddie card bracket and Fireball bracket will be available the week of 12/9 and added to the Pinmonk store.

First, I have the lens tree for the mode lights on Iron Maiden so they match the colors of the modes they represent instead of all of them being white (except the last one, 2MTM, which is red from the factory). It's plug and play - you just remove the light board, thread the existing 2 light board screws through the two connectors and screw the light board back in. Looks pretty good in the game.

EDIT: This is the final design MARK2 (I retook the picture to try to capture the colors better). First part is how it looks from the top of the PF lit, second one is the lens tree itself, the third part is how it looks with the light board re-installed over the lens tree...
lens-mod-d2 (resized).jpg

djreddog made a before and after comparison that really illustrates how much better it is with the mod installed:
BeforeandAfter2 (resized).jpg

Here are some other mods you may find useful:
Metallica F-U-E-L lights bracket:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-f-u-e-l-gauge-lens-bracket

Spike quiet fan upgrade kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

ColorDMD gasket for Stern machines with the angled speaker panel:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

Here's the brackets I've been working on for the Eddie cards and the fireball loop, which should be for sale shortly:

EDDIE CARDS

LOOP JACKPOT (FIREBALL LOOP)
fireball-compare_sml (resized).jpg

#2 39 days ago

In! Looks great

#3 39 days ago

Sent pm

#4 38 days ago

I am in and I don’t even own the game! Bump for a great product!

#5 38 days ago

In!

Should have been factory really!

I had a white diffuser to soften the glare but this is way better.

#6 38 days ago

Payment sent . Nice solution.

#7 38 days ago

PM sent.

#8 38 days ago

This looks great. PM sent

#9 38 days ago

Fantastic job! I'm in!

#10 38 days ago

Very nice! Tempted to buy one and I don't own the game yet either! Great work!

#11 34 days ago

UPDATE: I have some more polycarbonate coming in to try to better match the bluish sea green of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner mode lights for that lens. The green lens I have works, but it's not really a close match. They should be here Thursday, then these will start going out (with the original green or the bluish sea green lens, whichever works out, but hopefully the sea green). Also, the frames will be a gray rather than black (you don't see the frame once you put the PF down), and I added an installation key so you can't put the Lens Tree on backwards. The updated picture in the OP shows the revised design with the key.

General comment - these were WAY more immediately popular than I expected. My 3D printer is crying.

#12 33 days ago

What printer do you use? I just bought an Ender 3, which is capable of really nice prints, but I am still learning so most of mine suck. I FINALLY got it to print the awesome Dwarf throne for my TH, so that will be installed eventually.

#13 33 days ago

These are on an Ender 3, but I'll probably transition to the PRUSA i3 Mk3 mostly to speed up the print outputs. I have a LOT left to print just to catch up, and it's going pretty much non-stop.

#14 33 days ago

I might have found a better match for the Fear of the Dark color, too. Should know tomorrow.

#15 30 days ago

When you get the color lenses worked out let me know and I am in for one.

Cheers and UP THE IRONS!

#16 30 days ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

When you get the color lenses worked out let me know and I am in for one.
Cheers and UP THE IRONS!

PM me your email if you want one. The list is quite long.

I should have pics up tonight of the final colors. Turned out really cool. The orange is still a little intense, but I think everyone will be quite pleased, and the holders are made to snap the colored plastic in and out of, so if you find a better color, you can put whatever you want in the frame. But I think what I came up with will make 98% of Maiden owners happy.

#17 30 days ago

Here's pics of the final lens tree. The lens trees are all gray, except for a handful of red I made while I was waiting for more gray filament to come in. There's also a key (a rounded bumper by the yellow) so you can't install the tree upside down.

These will start shipping tomorrow in the order payments came in. I have a lot to ship (and still printing some), so I should be caught up by the end of next week. I think you'll all really like it. No idea why Stern didn't do this on at least their Prem/LEs.

lens-mod-d (resized).jpg
#18 29 days ago

Any chance you could make something like this for Meltallica for the multiball inserts? You would sell hundreds.

#19 29 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Any chance you could make something like this for Meltallica for the multiball inserts? You would sell hundreds.

Ship has kind of sailed on Metallica fuel inserts, too, but they could benefit as well. I plan to look at all the ones where it would make sense to have something like this and do them. The light tree design makes them easy to install and totally reversible.

#20 29 days ago

First batch of lens trees went out in order payments were received. I got about a quarter of the total out today.

#21 26 days ago

Got my lens tree today--looks great--nice work!

#22 26 days ago

Vireland I would like on, Can you PM me where to send the funds!

#23 26 days ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Vireland I would like on, Can you PM me where to send the funds!

Just PM me your email and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Also there are new pictures coming today of further refinement on the colors. The ones I already shipped will be getting an envelope with the revised lenses.

#25 26 days ago

Okay, have the final colors now. This is the way they will all be from here out. I wasn't happy with Fear of the Dark and Rime before. Fear in the game inserts are more pink-purple and I had more of a straight purple, and Rime was almost a light turquiose, and now it matches much better. The differences are subtle and don't photograph well, but it looks pretty much perfect in person.

lens-mod-d2 (resized).jpg
#26 26 days ago

Looks awesome!

#27 25 days ago

Just ordered mine and cant wait to get it. Great mod, great price, great seller!

#28 25 days ago

About 2/3 the remaining ones are going out tomorrow. I should be caught up by the end of the week.

#29 25 days ago

I have 75% of the total orders out now. All the shipments after the one last week are getting the new (final) color lenses and the ones from last week will be sent the new colors so they can upgrade the ones they have to the final colors. I played it a bunch today and the new colors are great. Very close to the mode arrow colors.

I'll definitely be caught up with everything including international by Friday.

#30 25 days ago

That’s great you are sending the new color lenses to existing owners

#31 25 days ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

That’s great you are sending the new color lenses to existing owners

It's the right thing to do. I wouldn't leave them hanging for being the first to support it!

#32 25 days ago

Just received my tree mod today. Looks great and built well..Looking forward to this weekend so I can install it. Thanks Vireland .

#33 22 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Just received my tree mod today. Looks great and built well..Looking forward to this weekend so I can install it. Thanks Vireland .

Definitely post a pic when you get it installed!

#34 22 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Cant wait to get mine installed either. The colors look so much better than the white lights.

#35 22 days ago

PM sent

#36 22 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant wait to get mine installed either. The colors look so much better than the white lights.

Did you get yours yet? There are a bunch being delivered today.

#37 22 days ago

Sending pm!

#38 22 days ago

Got mine today.

#39 22 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you get yours yet? There are a bunch being delivered today.

Yes Sir i sure did. My gf called about 10 minutes ago and said there was a package with your name on it, i couldn't believe it got here so fast. I hope to out it on tonight after work! Thanks for the fast shipping!

#40 22 days ago

Just ordered mine today

#41 22 days ago

My camera sucks on my phone and i think the lights were on their way out when i snapped the pic but this is the best pic i could get. Hallowed by thy name is not dim like my picture shows. The game looks much better now and I am very happy with this mod. Super easy install too. Thanks again Vireland, you are awesome man!
20181117_215633 (resized).jpg

#42 22 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My camera sucks on my phone and i think the lights were on their way out when i snapped the pic but this is the best pic i could get. Hallowed by thy name is not dim like my picture shows. The game looks much better now and I am very happy with this mod. Super easy install too. Thanks again Vireland, you are awesome man!
[quoted image]

Awesome! It really does seem like it was meant to be this way once you get it installed.

#43 22 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Awesome! It really does seem like it was meant to be this way once you get it installed.

Yea it should have came like this from the factory and it probably would have if they would have thought about it. It just makes sense that these lights should correspond with the colored inserts that you're supposed to shoot at.

#44 22 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yea it should have came like this from the factory and it probably would have if they would have thought about it. It just makes sense that these lights should correspond with the colored inserts that you're supposed to shoot at.

At least on the Premium/LE, if nothing else. But hey, it's fixed now! Thanks for supporting my project!

#45 21 days ago

Received mine yesterday and just installed now. Literally took two minutes. My phone camera also sucks and I couldn't get a good photo of just how great this looks. An excellent mod that every Maiden owner absolutely should get. Thanks vireland, a job well done!

#46 21 days ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Received mine yesterday and just installed now. Literally took two minutes. My phone camera also sucks and I couldn't get a good photo of just how great this looks. An excellent mod that every Maiden owner absolutely should get. Thanks vireland, a job well done!

Yeah, the colors are subtle and it doesn't photograph well. It also seems like the brightness in LED all light test (where I initially tried to photograph them) is more than what those inserts are given in-game, but that could just be an illusion.

Glad people are liking this mod! I went from zero interest in being a mod vendor to having three, (this, the ColorDMD gasket, and the quieter Spike power supply fans) all of them starting as personal projects.

#47 21 days ago

Got mine installed last night. Excellent mod. Easy to install, killer value, and looks great!

#48 21 days ago

Got mine and installed it yesterday, it looks great. Snapped a pic in a dark room and it turned out nice.

C95C98B4-6639-4228-9FC4-87F1B5C410B2 (resized).jpeg
#49 21 days ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Got mine and installed it yesterday, it looks great. Snapped a pic in a dark room and it turned out nice.
[quoted image]

That is a very good pic of the install! The hardest part to show up in the picture is the difference between the Rime and Aces inserts. They're quite different-looking in real life, but show as not that far apart in pics.

#50 21 days ago

Just installed mine. It looks great! It also apparently helps you play better! I got only my 2nd or 3rd cyborg multiball (couldn't hit crap once it started though - got less than a million in the mode... ), was one mode away from 2 minutes to madness (I assume finishing all 5 missions starts that, I've never done it...), and got a new GC score! All for only $14, that's a steal!

IMG_20181118_160952 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 68.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside