(Topic ID: 234615)

Iron Maiden Anubis 3D character for left ramp - available now!

By PinMonk

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61EEC027-26EF-4987-BB26-BB41A341BA79 (resized).jpeg
0E6A5118-C413-4AC2-9D1D-62385D61EF71 (resized).jpeg
5199D3BE-493C-40C8-BDE4-42702DF4924F (resized).jpeg
916F8E80-AF92-40DE-992E-07FA1FEE61AC (resized).jpeg
4B5E532C-8471-4CBD-AEFF-937752D04D1F (resized).jpeg
7AC52B81-3D56-4118-9A5C-63D6136BF306 (resized).jpeg
301AE079-3250-4CE4-90D2-E0BFF7780A8C (resized).jpeg
56A0EC5F-08A0-46D9-AB45-8238354F0728 (resized).jpeg
EAD102EA-54FC-48DE-9E67-E7ED32627BCE (resized).jpeg
0BEFBD45-B336-46C0-8015-D206E646896F (resized).png
IMG_20190626_224728 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_194015 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
D9C09E94-43E5-4026-9118-971E4D4DB934 (resized).jpeg
20190621_211602 (resized).jpg
20190621_211755 (resized).jpg

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

Sept 2019:
Pinball Life is now carrying the 3D Anubis kit:

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-kit.html

Update 5-29-19: All discounted domestic and international orders complete. Item added to pinside store and website for general sales.

Update 4-25-19: First orders shipped. Shipping will continue in the order of the initial interest list.

Update 3-18-19:
Okay, I have the parts all worked out. The Anubis works on the static Pro using supplied hex standoffs or the moving Prem/LE. Both mount using a hidden mount that slides over the supplied button top screws and tightens from the front using a supplied min-hex wrench. Total installation (removing existing plastic and installing 3D Anubis) is about 10 minutes on either the Pro or Prem/LE. Here are some pics of the installation on a Pro:

Hex standoffs installed with the button top screws about 1/2 way in to leave room to slide the mount over them:
anubis1 (resized).jpganubis1 (resized).jpg

Example of the bottom of the Anubis showing the receptacles where the screws slide in on the back:
anubis1b (resized).jpganubis1b (resized).jpg

Using the hex wrench to tighten the Anubis on the mount through the small access holes in the front:
anubis2 (resized).jpganubis2 (resized).jpg

Finished installation:
anubis3 (resized).jpganubis3 (resized).jpg

I still think uplighting is the best way to show it off, but it was taking too much time to source the parts at a reasonable rate and put together the kit in the best way, so I'm not doing a kit with the external lighting included.

Anubis kit will come in a box with the following:
1 x Anubis figure
2 x Hex standoffs
2 x Button Top screws
1 x hex wrench

Preorder price is $69, shipped in the US. International send me your address and I'll get a shipping quote. I have the interest list started with anyone that already posted that they wanted one. Anyone that wants one that HASN'T posted that in this thread, PM me and I'll add you to the list. These take a LONG time to print and they'll go out first come, first served. I expect to start shipping them in the next 10 days or so one. Once the initial orders are done, these will go in the Pinmonk store.

Original Post:

I'm getting close to finishing this, so I decided to break this out from the Iron Maiden lens tree mod thread.

This works for Pros, and I just need to confirm the mounting/clearance for the Prem/LE and it's ready to go. I'm pretty sure I can get the holes for the hidden screw mounts about half the size they are now.

Here's where the Anubis 3D version is at right now (without the mount, it's just resting on the ramp cover):
anubis-test2-sml (resized).jpganubis-test2-sml (resized).jpg

LE-Premium version in action:
Anubis-3D.gifAnubis-3D.gif

The is the complete kit as it will be shipped (less install instructions, which are not pictured):

Anubis foam packaging (resized).jpgAnubis foam packaging (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm getting close to finishing this, so I decided to break this out from the Iron Maiden lens tree mod thread.
This works for Pros, and I just need to confirm the mounting/clearance for the Prem/LE and it's ready to go. I'm pretty sure I can get the holes for the hidden screw mounts about half the size they are now.
Here's where the Anubis 3D version is at right now:[quoted image]

Great job! I'd love one for my LE. The color turned out great too, although I notice in the animation on the lcd, the anubis figure is in lighter stone color. Prefer what you did.

#3 5 years ago

Yup, I'm in for one as well when you get the LE finished. Pm me details.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Great job! I'd love one for my LE. The color turned out great too, although I notice in the animation on the lcd, the anubis figure is in lighter stone color. Prefer what you did.

Yeah, there's a lot going on back there, color-wise with the stone background faux lighting effects. Lots of yellows and oranges and some reds. I ended up using this filament because it was the best compromise between true to sandstone and still fitting in with the skittles colors washing over that back area. It looks super-boss in person, even better than the pic (that kind of washed out the head due to the proximity to the light). It's taken a while, but I'm pretty close to being done with it.

#5 5 years ago

It looks fantastic in the picture. Much better than the flat piece of plastic that's on there now. Put me down for one.

#6 5 years ago

Didn’t see you ask for an interest list but I’m in.

#7 5 years ago

That’s very cool. Did you design that yourself?

#8 5 years ago

Add me to your list please
Premium

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

That’s very cool. Did you design that yourself?

Yes, the design details are different than the one on the plastic enough that it's not a copy, but not so much different it doesn't look like it doesn't belong on the machine.

#10 5 years ago

This has my attention... I'm not big into modding, but I do like this. I'll have to see it in action for a Prem when you get that done. But, could really class it up.

#11 5 years ago

Is the plan to share the STL or will you only be making them for purchase? I have a Premium and a 3D Printer so if you need someone to test fit, let me know.

#12 5 years ago

Would like to get one for the LE

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the design details are different than the one on the plastic enough that it's not a copy, but not so much different it doesn't look like it doesn't belong on the machine.

It looks out of place to me. Anubis isn't in any Maiden artwork, it's Eddie in Egyptian garb.

#14 5 years ago

Love it! I’d be in for an LE version too...blends really well with the game

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It looks out of place to me. Anubis isn't in any Maiden artwork, it's Eddie in Egyptian garb.

In general I agree, but in this case the specific plastic he's replacing is actually Anubis.

#16 5 years ago

I have a mod similar to this for the PRo, but have had a problem making the clearance for the Prem / LE models for the Annubis to clear the above wood channel when it raises. I am glad you are making a mod for the Prem models . Looking good Vireland. I can assist in any custom Painting of your mod if you need it.

#17 5 years ago

Would also love one for my premium

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Is the plan to share the STL or will you only be making them for purchase? I have a Premium and a 3D Printer so if you need someone to test fit, let me know.

I'll be selling these once I have it nailed down.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Look at the plastic this replaces. It's Anubis. In this case it's "guarding" Pharaoh Eddie.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I have a mod similar to this for the PRo, but have had a problem making the clearance for the Prem / LE models for the Annubis to clear the above wood channel when it raises. I am glad you are making a mod for the Prem models . Looking good Vireland. I can assist in any custom Painting of your mod if you need it.

I just went and looked up the one you're talking about. The scale is way too big for that area. From what I've seen of the Prem/LE, it has to be almost exactly the size of the plastic cutout to work, and the one you have sits higher and is larger which makes it tough or impossible on a Prem/LE. If I can't get the one I've done to work on the moving Prem/LE as-is, I may have to scale it down a hair for the Prem/LE and leave the slightly larger one for the Pros, but I'm 90% sure I'll get it to work as-is. Hiding the screws and making the hidden mounting just slightly adjustable vertically helps.

But until I actually get this one installed on a Prem/LE, it's all big talk from me.

1 week later
#21 5 years ago

Any update on testing on a premium or le?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Any update on testing on a premium or le?

Making progress. Just got the hardware in for the hidden screw mounts today. It's getting close, but not quite yet!

#23 5 years ago

Waiting on the Prem/LE version--looks good!

2 weeks later
#24 5 years ago

looks sweet ass vireland
love mods that are not 3d printed.
will be in for 1 for my le
happy to take unpainted if cheaper

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

looks sweet ass vireland

Thanks. I'll probably offer artist-detailed and naked versions. Honesty, I think the naked one looks boss with no detailing but a spotlight for the shadowing. It's getting close to being released.

#26 5 years ago

Count me in on one of them.

#28 5 years ago

Looking great!! Please post some more pics when you get a chance, cheers.

#29 5 years ago

I'm in for one as well. Thanks!!

#30 5 years ago

I'd be down for one, also!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Looking great!! Please post some more pics when you get a chance, cheers.

Once I get the Premium/LE thickness adjustment made (because of the movement on the Prem/LE version, there's not lot of clearance available at the top) so it works on the Pro/Premium/LE, it's ready to go. It's very close.

#32 5 years ago

Finally got a version made that will mount on a Prem/LE and raise all the way up. The clearance is TIGHT, but it finally works. One big step closer to release.

#33 5 years ago

It better not be too tight, as my gate has gotten out of alignment and become stuck several times already. When this happens it moves just enough to cause the tabs on the bottom not to fit back into the corresponding slots in the ramp--then the gate will raise back up as it won't seat all the way.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It better not be too tight, as my gate has gotten out of alignment and become stuck several times already. When this happens it moves just enough to cause the tabs on the bottom not to fit back into the corresponding slots in the ramp--then the gate will raise back up as it won't seat all the way.

It's only tight clearance at the very top position. It's not touching anything that would make it bind or make a binding gate worse.

#35 5 years ago

Cool. Just wanted to make you aware that (on at least one game) it doesn't seem to take much to get the gate wonky. Although I have to say after the last adjustment it has not gotten stuck in awhile.

#36 5 years ago

Any updated pics?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Any updated pics?

These test fittings have been done with relatively rapidly-printed (low res, high layer height) gray filament models, so while the dimensions are the same, they're not super-attractive and not something I would want to represent the project (i.e. they're less attractive than what I've already posted while I work through these test fittings on the Prem/LE).

I should have a picture with a better-looking one I can post late next week. Down to getting the screws and hex wrench access holes right now.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

looks sweet ass vireland

Pretty sure they are 3d printed and look rather nice to boot.

#39 5 years ago

While we're waiting for me to get the last bits of the Prem/LE adjustments dialed in, here's a picture of an older version of the model (the final design has smaller holes for the screw-tightening hex wrench access) on a Pro, but with the uplighting kit that will come with the Pro and Prem/LE.

So from the factory, Prem/LEs come with a controlled flasher on a tall hex post. Factory Pros come with nothing but an extra light socket above Anubis' head. I'll be shipping two hex posts for Prem/LE and one short hex post for Pros as well as a spotlight with alligator clips on the end of the wires to clip on to the GI under the PF. That way the pros will get the superior uplighting that shows off the Anubis best, and the Prem/LE will get the new feature of constant uplighting for the 3D model with the ability to have the flasher stacked on top at the same height as stock, so the flashing effect isn't lost when the Anubis raises. I took off the bulb above Anubis because I think it looks best with just the uplighting, but of course you can always leave it in.

I need to make the wires slightly longer so I can attach the hex post about 1" closer and increase the angle of the light a bit more, but this is pretty close to final lighting.

Lighting_Anubis_Small (resized).jpgLighting_Anubis_Small (resized).jpg

#40 5 years ago

Nice improvement from stock. Still in. Pricing?

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Nice improvement from stock. Still in. Pricing?

I've got to have all the details for Prem/LE and Pro kits nailed down before I'll have a price. I'm close, but not quite to a price yet.

#42 5 years ago

This looks brilliant! Will you ship to the UK?

#43 5 years ago

Looks great .... keep posting and be ready to take my $$$

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yep he ships to us folks up the North East Coast.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Yep he ships to us folks up the North East Coast.

Excellent Sutol! We could get a combined order if you fancied one.

#46 5 years ago

Looks great. I am in.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Excellent Sutol! We could get a combined order if you fancied one.

Sounds good. We'll sort something out.

#48 5 years ago

Maybe an option for the Premium/LE's of just buying the new Anubis by itself--not sure I want it lit all the time.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes, I do international shipping, I just can't do it through the pinside store because there isn't a way to break out the shipping costs by country. So I paypal direct for international.

#50 5 years ago

Bad Ass Victor! Yet another great / must have Maiden Mod IMHO. Count me in for a premium version when you get it finalized. \m/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.