(Topic ID: 234615)

Iron Maiden Anubis 3D character for left ramp - available now!

By PinMonk

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61EEC027-26EF-4987-BB26-BB41A341BA79 (resized).jpeg
0E6A5118-C413-4AC2-9D1D-62385D61EF71 (resized).jpeg
5199D3BE-493C-40C8-BDE4-42702DF4924F (resized).jpeg
916F8E80-AF92-40DE-992E-07FA1FEE61AC (resized).jpeg
4B5E532C-8471-4CBD-AEFF-937752D04D1F (resized).jpeg
7AC52B81-3D56-4118-9A5C-63D6136BF306 (resized).jpeg
301AE079-3250-4CE4-90D2-E0BFF7780A8C (resized).jpeg
56A0EC5F-08A0-46D9-AB45-8238354F0728 (resized).jpeg
EAD102EA-54FC-48DE-9E67-E7ED32627BCE (resized).jpeg
0BEFBD45-B336-46C0-8015-D206E646896F (resized).png
IMG_20190626_224728 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_194015 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
D9C09E94-43E5-4026-9118-971E4D4DB934 (resized).jpeg
20190621_211602 (resized).jpg
20190621_211755 (resized).jpg
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

I want one for my LE, but will wait to see what else you have cooking...

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Need one for my LE please.

Gotcha covered.

People that have ordered other Pin Monk stuff, I have your email when you say you want on the list, but if you haven't bought something from me before, I need your email, too.

#103 5 years ago

Damn, these look good. Any chance I could pay you for an stl file? I don't have anything running on my 3d printer right now, and this would be a damn fine candidate for my Premium

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Damn, these look good. Any chance I could pay you for an stl file? I don't have anything running on my 3d printer right now, and this would be a damn fine candidate for my Premium

Sorry, no. Too much work in this to release an STL file for free endless prints. Only selling the final product.

#105 5 years ago

Put me on the list for a premium

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Put me on the list for a premium

Gotcha down.

The foam didn't come this week, so I won't be sending out paypal invoices until early next week since I want to make sure I have all the components in hand and the shipments are imminent.

#107 5 years ago

real nice work on this mod PinMonk , well done

it amazes me how many people just ask for the stl files for various mods created by different people, a bit of work goes into mods and you have to respect the creators as purchasing it is a bit of payback to the creator for there time and effort.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry, no. Too much work in this to release an STL file for free endless prints. Only selling the final product.

That's fair. Put me down for one regardless! It's a great looking mod.

Quoted from swinks:

it amazes me how many people just ask for the stl files for various mods created by different people, a bit of work goes into mods and you have to respect the creators as purchasing it is a bit of payback to the creator for there time and effort.

Yes, I would prefer the stl file and I would like to pay to reward that work, but save on shipping time and cost by printing my own out. Anyone who owns a 3d printer knows the margins on 3d printed mods are not big; the costs of material, the time required to print, the time spent on packaging and shipping, etc. To be honest, the creator ends up with a larger profit margin selling the .stl file then they do shipping mods out to you, they just don't because of the risk of someone reselling their work, missing out on other potential buyers. But you never hear that side of the argument. It's his creation, and he's free to sell it however he wants, and I respect that, but to say I don't respect someone or the hard work they put into making these is absolutely ridiculous. If anything, I respect it more, because I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to design these things, print these things, and finish these things.

I wish there was some way for creators to sell a one-time use stl file, and I would pay the same price as anyone else would, I just wouldn't pay shipping.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Gotcha covered, sent you a PM.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes, I would prefer the stl file and I would like to pay to reward that work, but save on shipping time and cost by printing my own out. Anyone who owns a 3d printer knows the margins on 3d printed mods are not big; the costs of material, the time required to print, the time spent on packaging and shipping, etc. To be honest, the creator ends up with a larger profit margin selling the .stl file then they do shipping mods out to you, they just don't because of the risk of someone reselling their work, missing out on other potential buyers. But you never hear that side of the argument. It's his creation, and he's free to sell it however he wants, and I respect that, but to say I don't respect someone or the hard work they put into making these is absolutely ridiculous. If anything, I respect it more, because I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to design these things, print these things, and finish these things.
I wish there was some way for creators to sell a one-time use stl file, and I would pay the same price as anyone else would, I just wouldn't pay shipping.

My apologies aeonblack , I did generalise and I shouldn't have and it is good that you understand the process and respect the effort of designers and agree it would be cool to limit print use or password protect the stl's.

I suppose I talk from experience where I shared some designs under similar circumstances a number of years ago and then I later discovered that the design was being shared and on sold, so I am a little more protective. On 2 occasions each file came back to me via someone who I did not share it with.

#111 5 years ago

Put me on the list please, I’ll have one.
Cheers
Trevor
Brisbane

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Put me on the list please, I’ll have one.
Cheers
Trevor
Brisbane

Gotcha covered!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

My apologies aeonblack , I did generalise and I shouldn't have and it is good that you understand the process and respect the effort of designers and agree it would be cool to limit print use or password protect the stl's.
I suppose I talk from experience where I shared some designs under similar circumstances a number of years ago and then I later discovered that the design was being shared and on sold, so I am a little more protective. On 2 occasions each file came back to me via someone who I did not share it with.

No harm, it's all good Shitty people ruin it for the rest of us, what can ya do, either way I'm pumped to have one of these Anubis' (Anubi?) heading my way!

#114 5 years ago

Still taking orders? I’d like to get in on one for a pro.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Still taking orders? I’d like to get in on one for a pro.

Yeah, still taking the preorder pricing orders. This will be for sale for a long time, but not at the $69 delivered (domestically) price. Once I have the preorders out, it will go in the pinmonk store, but at a slightly higher price plus shipping.

Gotcha covered, but PM me your email address, please.

#116 5 years ago

Please put me on the list for a premium.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from smokinjoe73:

Please put me on the list for a premium.

Gotcha covered.

#118 5 years ago

Well now that you're blackmailing us with the pre-order pricing... put me down for an LE version please.

#119 5 years ago

Awwww yeah

#120 5 years ago

Here's the LE-Premium in action (GIF's a bit grainy, but it gives you the idea...):
Anubis-3D.gifAnubis-3D.gif

(This is in the diagnostic tests to keep the flasher off that normally flashes when that goes up and down)

#121 5 years ago

Will there be any painting to the figurine to accentuate the texture more? Right now it looks slightly unfinished but looks fantastic with the movement compared to the stock plastic which I hardly notice when it moves.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Will there be any painting to the figurine to accentuate the texture more? Right now it looks slightly unfinished but looks fantastic with the movement compared to the stock plastic which I hardly notice when it moves.

Also can you provide instructions on "from below" lighting you originally had so we can add that ourselves if we want? Definately needs to be lit better.

#123 5 years ago

I'll paint my figure. I'm just looking forward to it getting installed on my game. I'm tired of looking at that flat piece of plastic.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Also can you provide instructions on "from below" lighting you originally had so we can add that ourselves if we want? Definately needs to be lit better.

Definitely would be interested in the uplighting option as well...

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll paint my figure. I'm just looking forward to it getting installed on my game. I'm tired of looking at that flat piece of plastic.

This will be fun to see what people come up with.

I will get my painted black and gold.

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm leaving painting up to individual's choice. It looks very at home in the back of the machine as-is. I'm sure it might be made even better with some skilled airbrushing.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah. It's easier on the Pro than the Premium/LE because the Prem/LE has a flasher there you need to make a stack of spotlights, replacing the hex post there now with two stacked hex posts, attaching a spotlight in the middle and putting the flasher back on top.

The spotlight needs about 20" of wire and some clips to get to the nearest GI. I'll post some instructions and parts.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This will be fun to see what people come up with.
I will get my painted black and gold. [quoted image]

The problem with too much black is it won't blend with what's already there on the backboard. I'd proceed with caution. Maybe some "distressed" black where you see very faded color...

#129 5 years ago

Foam is in. This is the complete kit I'll be shipping (instructions are not pictured, but they will be packed in as well):

Anubis foam packaging (resized).jpgAnubis foam packaging (resized).jpg
#130 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Foam is in. This is the complete kit I'll be shipping (instructions are not pictured, but they will be packed in as well):[quoted image]

Meticulous OCD packing...I love it!

#131 5 years ago

Just well done vireland! So impressed. I PM’d you a few weeks back about getting on the list for one of these mods along with adding a few more of your gel light tree inserts to my order. Can’t wait to get them.

#132 5 years ago

Please add me for my Premium--returning (very satisfied) customer

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Meticulous OCD packing...I love it!

The design is the catch with doing cut foam, but I did all the work for that in 3D and sent it over to the foam place ready to go, so it was relatively cheap to do. I haven't done this for the color brackets because they don't need it, but this kit kind of demanded a different level of presentation plus a way to keep the components from bashing up the 3D figure in shipment.

Quoted from Blakester:

Please add me for my Premium--returning (very satisfied) customer

Gotcha covered.

Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Just well done vireland! So impressed. I PM’d you a few weeks back about getting on the list for one of these mods along with adding a few more of your gel light tree inserts to my order. Can’t wait to get them.

Can't wait until everyone gets their hands on these and can check it out in person. I pushed back the paypal invoicing until I had the foam, but now I can start that and get things lined up to start shipping mid-late next week.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Foam is in. This is the complete kit I'll be shipping (instructions are not pictured, but they will be packed in as well):[quoted image]

awesome, looks highly professional! can't wait to unbox it

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That’s so nice I’m not going to want to take it out of the package!

#136 5 years ago

Look what showed up today! All I can say is the detail is second to none and the package is exceptional. Well done sir!
I will be install this tomorrow night and I’ll post some more pics.
Thanks again!

81AEA1FE-5364-43A4-9DF1-C917B3F2DEDD (resized).jpeg81AEA1FE-5364-43A4-9DF1-C917B3F2DEDD (resized).jpegA13B7DD8-454B-4FBF-8DE9-E4DB86C117CD (resized).jpegA13B7DD8-454B-4FBF-8DE9-E4DB86C117CD (resized).jpegF59F5DCE-2F27-40ED-8A6D-0C5F36EF7E3D (resized).jpegF59F5DCE-2F27-40ED-8A6D-0C5F36EF7E3D (resized).jpeg
#137 5 years ago

Mine arrived as well. Here it is installed. Great job, Pin Monk!

Anubis (resized).jpgAnubis (resized).jpgAnubis2 (resized).jpgAnubis2 (resized).jpg
#138 5 years ago

Thanks to both of you for helping with this project. Hard to believe it's been almost 90 days since I *thought* it was close to being done, but details needed to be worked out correctly. Now that the shipping test is completed and the packaging has worked as expected, I can move to getting those on the advance list invoiced and get these ready to ship out to everyone!

#139 5 years ago

Sent pm. Please put me down for premium model. Thanks.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Toothtitan1:

Sent pm. Please put me down for premium model. Thanks.

Gotcha covered.

#141 5 years ago

They look great! Will you be invoicing soon?

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

They look great! Will you be invoicing soon?

Yes. Very soon.

#143 5 years ago

Finally had a chance to get mine installed, looks great!! And now I have a great place to keep the factory plastic

1DE97FB6-0B99-4D72-A492-FAE4836260A5 (resized).jpeg1DE97FB6-0B99-4D72-A492-FAE4836260A5 (resized).jpeg5D1F8A60-427E-45C2-B43C-BCEEAB2A06F2 (resized).jpeg5D1F8A60-427E-45C2-B43C-BCEEAB2A06F2 (resized).jpegCE2FC292-F755-4BAB-8A5D-E76933CEA872 (resized).jpegCE2FC292-F755-4BAB-8A5D-E76933CEA872 (resized).jpeg36767353-F396-4A07-88D5-956435209A62 (resized).jpeg36767353-F396-4A07-88D5-956435209A62 (resized).jpeg
#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Finally had a chance to get mine installed, looks great!! And now I have a great place to keep the factory plastic
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha! I didn't even think of using the box to store the factory plastic!

#145 5 years ago

Any eta on when orders getting shipped?

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Any eta on when orders getting shipped?

I was hoping to have a bunch shipped already, but the guy doing the instruction illustrations flaked and I had to scramble to get them finished. I should have them printed and folded tomorrow and I can then start getting these in the mail.

Here's what the Pro version instructions look like (the instructions are double-sided with the Pro on the front and the Premium/LE instructions on the back). There's one error on this one, but it's not the one that went to print. Most people probably won't even catch it.
anubis insrtructions - PRO final (resized).jpganubis insrtructions - PRO final (resized).jpg

#147 5 years ago

Even the instructions are top notch!

#148 5 years ago

Looks great! A simple bronze wash would do wonders for this figure.

#149 5 years ago

The hole plugs are now included!

#150 5 years ago

If its not too late please put me on the list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp/page/3?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.