(Topic ID: 234615)

Iron Maiden Anubis 3D character for left ramp - available now!

By PinMonk

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61EEC027-26EF-4987-BB26-BB41A341BA79 (resized).jpeg
0E6A5118-C413-4AC2-9D1D-62385D61EF71 (resized).jpeg
5199D3BE-493C-40C8-BDE4-42702DF4924F (resized).jpeg
916F8E80-AF92-40DE-992E-07FA1FEE61AC (resized).jpeg
4B5E532C-8471-4CBD-AEFF-937752D04D1F (resized).jpeg
7AC52B81-3D56-4118-9A5C-63D6136BF306 (resized).jpeg
301AE079-3250-4CE4-90D2-E0BFF7780A8C (resized).jpeg
56A0EC5F-08A0-46D9-AB45-8238354F0728 (resized).jpeg
EAD102EA-54FC-48DE-9E67-E7ED32627BCE (resized).jpeg
0BEFBD45-B336-46C0-8015-D206E646896F (resized).png
IMG_20190626_224728 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_194015 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
D9C09E94-43E5-4026-9118-971E4D4DB934 (resized).jpeg
20190621_211602 (resized).jpg
20190621_211755 (resized).jpg
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Bad Ass Victor! Yet another great / must have Maiden Mod IMHO. Count me in for a premium version when you get it finalized. \m/

Thanks!

What I hope is the last test-fit version is going out today to check the hex screw length (which is different for a Prem/LE due to the bracket that doesn't exist on the Pro) and verify the overall fit is now right on the Prem/LE moving bracket.

#52 5 years ago

We have a successful test of the moving version on the Prem/LE! The clearances were really tight in the up position, so I had to redesign it a bit, but it works now for Pro and Prem/LE and from the front looks no different! This test one is gray only because I was printing them quickly to get the redesign right. The real ones will be the gold and higher res like you've seen in some of the other Pro pics.

Those two small holes at the bottom are now all that's visible on the front. No more factory big ugly stainless screw heads to mess up the look. I've made a hidden mount that you just slide the Anubis on to, then you tighten the screws using a small hex wrench I'll provide with each one. The holes are just big enough to let the wrench in.

Thanks to Hdmike444 for getting me initial Prem/LE measurements and to dgposter who helped me do the numerous test fittings on the Prem/LE since we only have a Pro here. It was a LOT different fit and required multiple adjustments to be able to clear the crossmember on the cabinet when it was in the up position. It wouldn't have been possible without his help.

anubis_movement.gifanubis_movement.gif

#53 5 years ago

It looks fantastic!

#54 5 years ago

Wow nice. I’m in for one

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It looks fantastic!

Thanks! I'm excited to get the finished version into the wild.

Quoted from patrickvc:

Wow nice. I’m in for one

I'll put up an interest list within the next two weeks. I just need to work out the last few details.

#56 5 years ago

Wow! That looks amazing!! Please add me to the list.

Do you think it would be possible to make some small plugs or something to cover the holes? I know they are only small and not very noticeable, just thought it might finish it off.

Well done!!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Wow! That looks amazing!! Please add me to the list.
Do you think it would be possible to make some small plugs or something to cover the holes? I know they are only small and not very noticeable, just thought it might finish it off.
Well done!!

I've thought about it, but they're tiny in real life and less intrusive on the gold version. In the interests of not making improvements forever and just getting it out, I'll probably ship it the way it is. Compare it with the giant metal screws on the factory plastic and these are a huge improvement.

#58 5 years ago

Hey Vic. Will you sell the Anubis by itself like some have asked.

Would be the way I would prefer.

Great work

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've thought about it, but they're tiny in real life and less intrusive on the gold version. In the interests of not making improvements forever and just getting it out, I'll probably ship it the way it is. Compare it with the giant metal screws on the factory plastic and these are a huge improvement.

Spot on, thanks Vic.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Spot on, thanks Vic.

If I can do something without delaying it, I will though. I am, unfortunately, a perfectionist.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hey Vic. Will you sell the Anubis by itself like some have asked.
Would be the way I would prefer.
Great work

Big picture, the lighting only changes it a couple dollars and I'd rather everyone has the same kit because after a lot of experimentation uplighting makes it look the best. But even if you decide it's not for you, the alligator clips and post make it so it can be used on any other machine.

#62 5 years ago

Looks really nice! Definitely in for one when they become available.

#63 5 years ago

I really like what you've done, but I'm never going to own an Iron Maiden. How would it look mounted in MB near the Mummy?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I really like what you've done, but I'm never going to own an Iron Maiden. How would it look mounted in MB near the Mummy?

I like this kind of outside the box thinking! It probably would look...wrong because the style's totally different, but I can't say 100%.

#65 5 years ago

This is really a beautiful mod. The way Vic did the mounting is very slick. You guys are going to love this one!

#66 5 years ago

It looks great. Put me in for one please.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thinking about this some more, maybe I should have a contest once these are out to find the best non-Iron Maiden home for Anubis when he needs a change of pace...I'll start:

Vacationing in Ghostbusters?
anubis_GB (resized).jpganubis_GB (resized).jpg

A magical time in Houdini?
anubis_houdini (resized).jpganubis_houdini (resized).jpg

Or maybe hanging out on the Family Guy ramp?
anubis_fg (resized).jpganubis_fg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#68 5 years ago

Okay, I have the parts all worked out. The Anubis works on the static Pro using supplied hex standoffs or the moving Prem/LE. Both mount using a hidden mount that slides over the supplied button top screws and tightens from the front using a supplied min-hex wrench. Total installation (removing existing plastic and installing 3D Anubis) is about 10 minutes on either the Pro or Prem/LE. Here are some pics of the installation on a Pro:

Hex standoffs installed with the button top screws about 1/2 way in to leave room to slide the mount over them:
anubis1 (resized).jpganubis1 (resized).jpg

Example of the bottom of the Anubis showing the receptacles where the screws slide in on the back:
anubis1b (resized).jpganubis1b (resized).jpg

Using the hex wrench to tighten the Anubis on the mount through the small access holes in the front:
anubis2 (resized).jpganubis2 (resized).jpg

Finished installation:
anubis3 (resized).jpganubis3 (resized).jpg

I still think uplighting is the best way to show it off, but it was taking too much time to source the parts at a reasonable rate and put together the kit in the best way, so I'm not doing a kit with the external lighting included.

Anubis kit will come in a box with the following:
1 x Anubis figure
2 x Hex standoffs
2 x Button Top screws
1 x hex wrench

Price is $69, shipped in the US. I have the interest list started with anyone that already posted that they wanted one. Anyone that wants one that HASN'T posted that in this thread, PM me and I'll add you to the list. These take a LONG time to print and they'll go out first come, first served. I expect to start shipping them in the next 10 days or so one. Once the initial orders are done, these will go in the Pinmonk store and it will be $69 + shipping.

#69 5 years ago

I’ll take one if I’m not already on the list!

#70 5 years ago

Are these paintable? I’m thinking of giving it an aged look

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Are these paintable? I’m thinking of giving it an aged look

It's PLA, so most paint works on it.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I’ll take one if I’m not already on the list!

You're definitely on the list. I'm sending you and dgposter one free for helping me out with measurements and testing on the Premium/LE. It really helped a LOT to get this compatible with both the non-moving Pro and the moving Prem/LE bracket.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're definitely on the list. I'm sending you and dgposter one free for helping me out with measurements and testing on the Premium/LE. It really helped a LOT to get this compatible with both the non-moving Pro and the moving Prem/LE bracket.

That’s amazing! Happy to help out a fellow pinside modder. You are truly one of the great people that make this hobby better!

#74 5 years ago

I should already be in your list. Been waiting for this one. Thanks.

#75 5 years ago

I think I'm already on there too but please check.

Looks ace!

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I should already be in your list. Been waiting for this one. Thanks.

You are.

Quoted from MJW:

I think I'm already on there too but please check.

You are too.

Basically anyone that said put me down for one, or add me to the list or whatever in this thread is already on the list. I'll be sending out invoices mid-late next week with shipping to follow the week after.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You are.

You are too.
Basically anyone that said put me down for one, or add me to the list or whatever in this thread is already on the list. I'll be sending out invoices mid-late next week with shipping to follow the week after.

Put me on the list for a Prem/LE version.
I wish I was talented enough to paint it...
I think I’ll send mine to the Modfather for a paint job!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Put me on the list for a Prem/LE version.
I wish I was talented enough to paint it...
I think I’ll send mine to the Modfather for a paint job!

Try it without paint first and maybe uplight it. I think you'll find it looks great.

#79 5 years ago

Please put me on the Premium list.

#80 5 years ago

Hello. Looks great and I'd like one for my Premium. Please put me on the list. Thanks.

#81 5 years ago

Please make sure I'm in the Premium list as well! Thanks

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Please make sure I'm in the Premium list as well! Thanks

You posted you wanted on the list, so you're there. I went through the posts twice so I wouldn't miss anyone.

#83 5 years ago

Prem LE list - tho I should be already
Thanks

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Prem LE list - tho I should be already
Thanks

Yes, you're already there. It might be a good time for you and the other international orders to see if they can get together with their buddies that may be getting it to pool the shipments to save on not-inexpensive international shipping.

#85 5 years ago

Premium list please

#86 5 years ago

LE please
Great work!

#87 5 years ago

This looks Awesome!! Please add me to the Premium List.

#88 5 years ago

Please add me to the LE list - thank you

#89 5 years ago

I want one. le/prem

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Please add me to the LE list - thank you

One list for everything, the kit will install to either machine setup.

Done.

Quoted from KLR2014:

I want one. le/prem

Done.

#91 5 years ago

This looks awesome! Please put me down for one.

#92 5 years ago

Add me to the list for this Mod! Looks awesome. I want Pre/LE version

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Add me to the list for this Mod! Looks awesome.

Done!

#94 5 years ago

Kudos. Add me please.

#95 5 years ago

Need one for my LE please.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Gotcha covered.

#97 5 years ago

Need one for a Premium

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Need one for a Premium

As a practitioner and promoter of Zen, we need to have a discussion about needs vs wants.

Gotcha covered.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As a practitioner and promoter of Zen, we need to have a discussion about needs vs wants.
Gotcha covered.

Want, want want!

#100 5 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp/page/2?hl=mikeking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.