4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bam10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51KyugfV1OL._SX342_.jpg
    2416.jpg
    The_Wall_DVD_Front.jpg
    332952b.jpg
    310520.jpg
    mmmm.png
    Iron-Maiden-Eddie-Wallpaper-3.jpg
    IM.png
    Kiss this bitch.jpg
    Y3V6b3VYLXVkTHcx_o_queen-bicycle-race-lyrics.jpg
    208616-i.jpg
    wrong01.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    ddd.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

That's because none of them write anything themselves, nothing but packaging. Zero talent.

It's been like that since the dawn of pop music.

Do you think Ace played the guitar on those KISS albums?

Do you think Page/Plant wrote any of the blues based Zep songs?

Do you think Steve Miller wrote Jet Airliner?

Do you think Foghat wrote I Just Want To Make Love To You?

Do you think Jeff Beck wrote Goin Down?

Do you think Elvis wrote Hound Dog?

Do you think Danzig wrote The Hunter?

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's been like that since the dawn of pop music.
    Do you think Ace played the guitar on those KISS albums?
    Do you think Page/Plant wrote any of the blues based Zep songs?
    Do you think Steve Miller wrote Jet Airliner?
    Do you think Foghat wrote I Just Want To Make Love To You?
    Do you think Jeff Beck wrote Goin Down?
    Do you think Elvis wrote Hound Dog?
    Do you think Danzig wrote The Hunter?

Can ace play? Yes
    Can page/plant sing, write and play? Yes and if you listen to a live jam of zep playing ANY of those blues songs you can hear 4 musical geniuses.
    Can Miller write and play? Yes
    Did foghat play and write? Yes
    Is Jeff beck one of the greatest guitar players ever? FUCK YES!!
    Could Elvis sing? Yep and when he came out it was a musical revolution.
    Did Danzig write and sing amazing shit since the misfits? Sure did

For you to even compare these levels of talent with the auto tune packages that is out today you are truly delusional.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

For you to even compare these levels of talent with the auto tune packages that is out today you are truly delusional.

You cry about Autotune, but if you knew anything about music production, pitch shifting has been used since at least the 1950s ( Chuck Berry's voice was always pitch shifted to a higher register to make him more appealing to young kids, he had nowhere near that range).

In the 70s the Eventide came out and was used by Ozzy, Bowie, Dio, Pat Benatar....everyone really, to hit the high notes, harmonize and stay on key.

In the 80s the H3000 came out and then there was no need to be able to sing at all. Anyone could have a 6 octave range, lol.

Entertainment is entertainment.

The general public does not care if Bowie used an Eventide, or if Hugh Jackman always uses a stunt double. They just want to be entertained.

Kids love the sound of T-Pain via Autotune, just like your dad loved the sound of Chuck Berry or the Beatles pitch shifted.

-

btw, T-Pain (the king of Autotune) can sing without Autotune:

-

#104 4 years ago

Damn Vid you are good I was just thinking of that vid and you beat me to it. Could not agree more! Bunch of old folks talking about today's music not being as good...
    Since what 1542?

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

T-Pain (the king of Autotune) can sing without Autotune:

Holy Ship!!!!!

Who knew that MoFo could actually sing????

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Holy Ship!!!!!

Who knew that MoFo could actually sing????

I honestly didn't.

Anytime I heard him I just heard his trademark "effect" rather than his talent.

He has an amazing voice.

4 months later
    #107 4 years ago

Its been a while since this topic was refreshed, but did anyone read this in Pinball Magazine?

"Unconfirmed rumors of upcoming titles: Iron Maiden (supposedly designed by Steve Ritchie). For whatever it’s worth: on Facebook George Gomez, Stern’s VP of Game Design, asked what people thought of Guardians of the Galaxy. At the 2014 NW Pinball & Arcade Show pinball designer John Popadiuk confirmed he was unable to secure the KISS-license after displaying his KISS-prototype at the Midwest Gaming Classics show. He had been informed the license had been secured by Stern since then. Please note that Stern have not confirmed they secured this license and we apologize if a previous listing may have given the impression they did. If true, it would most likely be a title for 2015."

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Iron Maiden (supposedly designed by Steve Ritchie)

Please please please!!!!

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

That's because none of them write anything themselves, nothing but packaging. Zero talent.

I take offense to that. My boss (#3) writes most of his own stuff, plays piano and is the real deal. His big hit from last year is all him.

Ed Sherran is the real deal as well. Incredibly talented.

The rest of them I can say little about because I'm in the same boat as most. Hair metal all the way. Actually I'm listen to hair nation #39 on Sirius right now.

Ok rant over

#110 4 years ago

Iron Maiden will be the ultimate music pin......and it will be designed by a super allstar team, Borg and Ritchie together, coded by Lyman. It will be drawn on a napkin whilst drinking and smoking on a Colorado vacation.

#111 4 years ago

I'd be way more excited about Iron Maiden over Kiss, but throw Megadeth in there and I'm all in. Better than Metallica!

#112 4 years ago

However with Maiden holding off on tour and new album release until Bruce is 100% recovered from his cancer removed on back of tounge I believe in may get pushed back. So hope it's done right if made.

#113 4 years ago

How about the next music pin has an lcd in the playfield like wwe? Imagine what acdc would be like if it had one!!!!

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

How about the next music pin has an lcd in the playfield like wwe? Imagine what acdc would be like if it had one!!!!

I imagine it will and play the bands videos with each song, still want LCD in backbox as well someday

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Alice Cooper, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Rob Zombie could all make great pinball machines.

I would rather have a Black Sabbath pin with RJD as singer than a BS with OZZY or a OZZY pin. I just don't care for most of his stuff except maybe the stuff he did with Randy Rhodes. Sorry if I spelled it wrong, Im to lazy to look it up.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I would rather have a Black Sabbath pin with RJD as singer than a BS with OZZY or a OZZY pin. I just don't care for most of his stuff except maybe the stuff he did with Randy Rhodes. Sorry if I spelled it wrong, Im to lazy to look it up.

I would rather have a Dio pin than a RJD Black Sabbath pin.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Rhoads

#118 4 years ago

I hear the maiden pin is being held up due to technology with the space elevator

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 6.95
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 109.99
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 64.00
    $ 69.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside