Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bam10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51KyugfV1OL._SX342_.jpg
    2416.jpg
    The_Wall_DVD_Front.jpg
    332952b.jpg
    310520.jpg
    mmmm.png
    Iron-Maiden-Eddie-Wallpaper-3.jpg
    IM.png
    Kiss this bitch.jpg
    Y3V6b3VYLXVkTHcx_o_queen-bicycle-race-lyrics.jpg
    208616-i.jpg
    wrong01.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

I don't care who's disigning the Kiss pin, but please ... let Steve Richie do the Iron maiden pin !!!

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Alice Cooper, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Rob Zombie could all make great pinball machines.

And wouldn't sell. Both Maiden and KISS would be a monster hit.

#53 9 years ago

IF they do kiss it will be the next Rolling Stones.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Iron Maiden would make a great pin IMO. Wide range of artwork and thier songs are about WAR. Definatley gets the blood flowing!!!

War, Science fiction and history. The potential for LE games would be incredible, but the choices wouldn't make everyone happy. I for one would be bummed if there were no Somewhere In Time or Seventh Son LE games, as those are two of my favorite album covers that were done for them.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

IF they do kiss it will be the next Rolling Stones.

Not a chance....the new KISS will blow the RS out of the water even if it's a shitty game. RS was a shitty game anyway.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Give me the Clash. It can't all be heavy metal/hard rock.

For the non-rock/metal fan there are plenty of Roy Clark and Dolly Parton pins available.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

And wouldn't sell. Both Maiden and KISS would be a monster hit.

Pfft wouldn't sell. LIES! The masses would love "Only women bleed" multiball.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

KISS has been confirmed.
    Maiden is still unknown.

Where do I send my deposit for the Kiss LE

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I don't care who's disigning the Kiss pin, but please ... let Steve Richie do the Iron maiden pin !!!

Yeah, but don't Steve Ritchie do the voice overs. He's not a voice actor's a-hole.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Pfft wouldn't sell. LIES! The masses would love "Only women bleed" multiball.

I'm a Coop fan, but nobody would buy it. Plus Alice has had so many phases and themes, it's hart to settle on just one.

Personally, I would love a DADA themed game and incorporate Alice's lost weekend into it.

Pass the Gun Around would make a great mode.....

#61 9 years ago

I thought Gene Simmons coming out and making a dickhead of himself might have delayed a Kiss pin http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2014/8/kiss-gene-simmons-tells-depression-sufferers-f-you-kill-yourself/

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I'm a Coop fan, but nobody would buy it. Plus Alice has had so many phases and themes, it's hart to settle on just one.
    Personally, I would love a DADA themed game and incorporate Alice's lost weekend into it.
    Pass the Gun Around would make a great mode.....

I'm more of a casual fan or maybe I just like what I've heard over the years. I'm a big Marilyn Manson fan, but can't see him translating to pinball.....Alice on the other hand. More songs with universal appeal and I think it could have wide pinball appeal with a Scared Stiff/Tales From the Crypt style horror humour. Most importantly, a good game attracts even the harshest critics.

#64 9 years ago

and you are the same type of person who doesn't spend money on location. im referring to location pinball, not pinball people buy for their homes. big big difference when it comes to titles.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

a Rihanna pin can play as well as a mm, but I would still never own one...same reason I wont own a WOZ

#65 9 years ago

Talon2000 ,

Levy Tran!!

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

and you are the same type of person who doesn't spend money on location. im referring to location pinball, not pinball people buy for their homes. big big difference when it comes to titles.

You have no idea what type of person I am...if you had seen some of my previous threads where I talk about the Lake Alice bar and grill near where I live you would have seen where I said I spend at least $20-$25 there with my family at least once but sometimes twice every week...EVERY WEEK!
    Jim Belsito has 8 superb pins there and I play them all the time. That's not the only place I play, but I play there the most and have done so for years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lineup-at-lake-alice-in-riversideca-my-first-experience-with-sttng

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-a-beautiful-taf-in-the-wild-for-only-25-cents-per-play

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-cal-pinball-league-starts-in-one-week

Believe me, I support pinball on location and would still not touch a Rihanna or Nicki Minaj pinball game...

Don't make up shit just because I don't agree with you...

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikeincali:

Crank it up to 11.
    » YouTube video

One of the best songs ever!
    Bruce Dickinson is a modern day renaissance man, he's a freaken pilot FFS!

#68 9 years ago

Another music pin again..... No wondering pinball is dieing!

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

AC/DC was released by Stern and pinball has come back in leaps and bounds. I don't think pinball is dying? They then release Metallica and it sells bucket loads.

So, according to you. What theme would revive pinball?

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

LOL

AC/DC is Sterns largest selling title ever.

Music Pins - killing pinball since 1967......

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

pinball is dieing!

Dyeing? Which color?

#72 9 years ago

Same shit diff'rent day.

#73 9 years ago

Music is timeless.
    Horror is timeless.
    Unlicensed original themes are timeless.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Music is timeless.
    Horror is timeless.
    Unlicensed original themes are timeless.

Somebody buy this man a beer!! 100% agree

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Dyeing? Which color?

How many pinball machines are in your local arcade?

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

AC/DC was released by Stern and pinball has come back in leaps and bounds. I don't think pinball is dying? They then release Metallica and it sells bucket loads.
    So, according to you. What theme would revive pinball?

Well a few...... but I think lego would be a smash everyone has loved lego in there life time. Plus I thing mods would get pritty crazy as lego is everywhere in all forms and shapes.look dont get me wrong muisc pins are cool. I and old guns n rose and metlacia fan from way back.There not my cup of tea. Pinball to me is a game not a glorified juke box and when their going to be released over and over and not much else it gets a little boring.
    sorry thats just me im shaw I cop some flack for this post.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

Yep, read the above posts. YOU may not like music pins but I have no problem with them. Bring on Eddie
    Iron-Maiden-Eddie-Wallpaper-3.jpgIron-Maiden-Eddie-Wallpaper-3.jpg

Oh, and it's dying. Jeez.

Post edited by Hougie: Forgot to be a spelling nazi

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

Well a few...... but I think lego would be a smash everyone has loved lego in there life time. Plus I thing mods would get pritty crazy as lego is everywhere in all forms and shapes.look dont get me wrong muisc pins are cool. I and old guns n rose and metlacia fan from way back.There not my cup of tea. Pinball to me is a game not a glorified juke box and when their going to be released over and over and not much else it gets a little boring.
    sorry thats just me im shaw I cop some flack for this post.

haha no worries. We all have our different likes and dislikes.

I saw the new Lego movie and wasn't expecting it, but really enjoyed it. You could get a pinball machine theme out of that movie.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

None. The local arcade died.

#80 9 years ago

I posted this on another thread but it's better placed here. Okay so this is old info and could be BS, but good fun to speculate.

According to www.chartsinfrance.net here are the highest selling artists worldwide with album sales only! In millions.

I deleted all the non-pin related bands I know of. Note that some of these bands have put out several albums since the stats were compiled, but I wouldn't imagine the sales are big enough to jump the band above them on the list except maybe the Rolling Stones, and there's Guns n Roses who technically could be considered the same band.

1 - Beatles = 346.500.000 (12/2007)

5 - Elvis Presley = 187.000.000 Built

6 - Elton John = 177.200.000 (01/2008)Built

8 - Rolling Stones = 169.100.000 Built

10 - Led Zeppelin = 165.500.000 (01/2008)

17 - AC/DC = 133.700.000 (11/2007) Built

34 - Metallica - 102.500.000 (01/2008) Built

39 - Guns N' Roses = 93.200.000 (12/2007) Built

72 - Iron Maiden = 59.700.000 (02/2008)

84 - Kiss = 54.500.000 (11/2008) Mk1 Built

This wiki article shows some different numbers.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Due to the rise of piracy, album sales aren't a great indicator of popularity. Bands like Iron Maiden still pump out an album every four years or so, tour widely and have a huge fan base. The pinball 'script' is mostly written for Iron Maiden - modes based on song themes, existing artwork, etc. with Led Zeppelin you'd have to rack your brain for ideas what it would be about. Stick a Zeppelin airship on the backsglass and have a bong bash toy for Dazed and Confused Multiball. I dig their music but would prefer a IRMD pin.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from boastaflow:

40! At Lyons Classic Pinball. I have been in the pinball business for 12 years now. Pinball is not dead, it is alive and well. Open a pinball joint or put some of your games in a bar near you and keep them in great shape and you can help save its life as well.

1 week later
    #82 9 years ago

mmmm.pngmmmm.png

2 weeks later
    #83 9 years ago

I want Queen

#84 9 years ago

I want a band that is still relevant. All the bands mentioned in this thread are long past their heyday. Yes, they are all good (well, KISS isn't exactly high art, but fun to listen to). It would be fun to use a band that isn't looking forward to social security.

There are plenty of current bands with several big albums to draw from.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I want a band that is still relevant. All the bands mentioned in this thread are long past their heyday. Yes, they are all good (well, KISS isn't exactly high art, but fun to listen to). It would be fun to use a band that isn't looking forward to social security.

How about a Foo Fighters pin? Fresh Pots! Mode could be fun.

#86 9 years ago

Either way TWD is just hitting and Whoa nellie is next so we have plenty of time.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I want a band that is still relevant. All the bands mentioned in this thread are long past their heyday.

The Beatles are NEVER past their heyday...

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I'm curious on which current bands have several big albums?

#89 9 years ago

Sorry to derail the thread, but I want to keep the dream alive!!!

MUPPETS.. MUPPETS..

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

I'd prefer a White Stripes pin, but that won't happen. Icky Thump multiball would have a nice beat to it.

#91 9 years ago

I would love to see a Maiden pin! great music and some killer art! If Stern can get Derrick Riggs to do the art it would sell like crazy. This is also a theme that would sell fantastic in Europe and over countries.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Stern just wants to make money.

Indeed, and they can have my money for the band with the song "Money"....Iron Maiden or Kiss, not so much. I would pick Iron Maiden way before Kiss though.

IMHO if Stern wants to make the most money possible, they will pick a different band over Maiden and Kiss......"Think I'll buy me a football team."

If I had to listen to Kiss every time I played a pin, I would consider stabbing myself in the eardrum.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Over Kiss and Maiden....yes please.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

... let Steve Richie do the Iron maiden pin !!!

I think an Iron Maiden pin designed by Steve Ritchie would be a huge hit. I'd definitely be in on that.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

I posted this on another thread but it's better placed here. Okay so this is old info and could be BS, but good fun to speculate.
    According to http://www.chartsinfrance.net here are the highest selling artists worldwide with album sales only! In millions.
    I deleted all the non-pin related bands I know of. Note that some of these bands have put out several albums since the stats were compiled, but I wouldn't imagine the sales are big enough to jump the band above them on the list except maybe the Rolling Stones, and there's Guns n Roses who technically could be considered the same band.
    1 - Beatles = 346.500.000 (12/2007)
    5 - Elvis Presley = 187.000.000 Built
    6 - Elton John = 177.200.000 (01/2008)Built
    8 - Rolling Stones = 169.100.000 Built
    10 - Led Zeppelin = 165.500.000 (01/2008)
    17 - AC/DC = 133.700.000 (11/2007) Built
    34 - Metallica - 102.500.000 (01/2008) Built
    39 - Guns N' Roses = 93.200.000 (12/2007) Built
    72 - Iron Maiden = 59.700.000 (02/2008)
    84 - Kiss = 54.500.000 (11/2008) Mk1 Built
    This wiki article shows some different numbers.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
    Due to the rise of piracy, album sales aren't a great indicator of popularity. Bands like Iron Maiden still pump out an album every four years or so, tour widely and have a huge fan base. The pinball 'script' is mostly written for Iron Maiden - modes based on song themes, existing artwork, etc. with Led Zeppelin you'd have to rack your brain for ideas what it would be about. Stick a Zeppelin airship on the backsglass and have a bong bash toy for Dazed and Confused Multiball. I dig their music but would prefer a IRMD pin.

The problem with this data is that albums don't sell anymore, thanks to iTunes. This generation of teens now will probably never buy a whole album in their lives, just cherry pick the songs they like. I'm 42 and can remember being all pumped to buy an album of 14 songs and sadly realizing I only liked 3-4 of them. I would love to see the data of who has sold the most single songs in the past 10 years, but I wouldn't have the first clue where to find that.

#96 9 years ago

Pink Floyd is the only music pin I would consider, but Stern would screw it up, I just know it. Such a pin shouldn't be made with a calculator and should be made by someone who really cares like DP did with TBL.

The Wall is iconic enough that it can inspire a great pin with objects like these:

310520.jpg310520.jpg
    The_Wall_DVD_Front.jpgThe_Wall_DVD_Front.jpg

With 2 alternative translites:

2416.jpg2416.jpg
    51KyugfV1OL._SX342_.jpg51KyugfV1OL._SX342_.jpg

#97 9 years ago

Never mind.....found it.......and now I think I may vomit. No wonder I listen to Stern all day !

The Official Top 40 Biggest Selling Singles of 2014

1 HAPPY PHARRELL WILLIAMS
    2 RATHER BE CLEAN BANDIT FT JESS GLYNNE
    3 ALL OF ME JOHN LEGEND
    4 WAVES MR PROBZ
    5 TIMBER PITBULL FT KESHA
    6 GHOST ELLA HENDERSON
    7 STAY WITH ME SAM SMITH
    8 MY LOVE ROUTE 94 FT JESS GLYNNE
    9 NOBODY TO LOVE SIGMA
    10 LET IT GO IDINA MENZEL
    11 HIDEAWAY KIESZA
    12 DARK HORSE KATY PERRY FT JUICY J
    13 SING ED SHEERAN
    14 MONEY ON MY MIND SAM SMITH
    15 I GOT U DUKE DUMONT FT JAX JONES
    16 RUDE MAGIC
    17 SUMMER CALVIN HARRIS
    18 BUDAPEST GEORGE EZRA
    19 HEY BROTHER AVICII
    20 I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN RITA ORA
    21 PROBLEM ARIANA GRANDE FT IGGY AZALEA
    22 FEELIN' MYSELF WILL I AM/CYRUS/KHALIFA
    23 SAY SOMETHING A GREAT BIG WORLD/AGUILERA
    24 FANCY IGGY AZALEA FT CHARLI XCX
    25 HOW LONG WILL I LOVE YOU ELLIE GOULDING
    26 ONLY LOVE CAN HURT LIKE THIS PALOMA FAITH
    27 TRUMPETS JASON DERULO
    28 THE MAN ALOE BLACC
    29 LOYAL CHRIS BROWN/LIL WAYNE/TYGA
    30 AM I WRONG NICO & VINZ
    31 SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
    32 READY FOR YOUR LOVE GORGON CITY FT MNEK
    33 DRUNK IN LOVE BEYONCE FT JAY-Z
    34 GECKO (OVERDRIVE) OLIVER HELDENS & BECKY HILL
    35 DANGEROUS LOVE FUSE ODG FT SEAN PAUL
    36 COUNTING STARS ONEREPUBLIC
    37 CRAZY STUPID LOVE CHERYL COLE FT TINIE TEMPAH
    38 CRYING FOR NO REASON KATY B
    39 WIGGLE JASON DERULO FT SNOOP DOGG
    40 STAY HIGH TOVE LO

#98 9 years ago

Iron maiden or Floyd or or or or have more talent by themselves than alllll of the above put together.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

Iron maiden or Floyd or or or or have more talent by themselves than alllll of the above put together.

There is a ton of talent on that list.

But not one of those artists woke up and said "You know what? I want to write a song to really reach out to all the 50 year old white guys today."

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is a ton of talent on that list.
    But not one of those artists woke up and said "You know what? I want to write a song to really reach out to all the 50 year old white guys today."

That's because none of them write anything themselves, nothing but packaging. Zero talent.

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-and-kiss-coming-from-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.