4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bam10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51KyugfV1OL._SX342_.jpg
    2416.jpg
    The_Wall_DVD_Front.jpg
    332952b.jpg
    310520.jpg
    mmmm.png
    Iron-Maiden-Eddie-Wallpaper-3.jpg
    IM.png
    Kiss this bitch.jpg
    Y3V6b3VYLXVkTHcx_o_queen-bicycle-race-lyrics.jpg
    208616-i.jpg
    wrong01.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    ddd.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I have read off-handed comments that "Iron Maiden" and "KISS" are in the Stern pipe-line. As a huge fan of both bands, just curious if this is just conjecture, or if there is real reasons to believe so. If true, I need to start saving, or robbing banks.

#2 4 years ago

ddd.jpg

a must have LE

#3 4 years ago

There are plenty of threads already on this subject.

#4 4 years ago

I always enjoy these speculation threads.

#5 4 years ago

Last thread I saw didn't have a comment in 95 days, so I figured I would start a new one.

#6 4 years ago

What about Jaws, isn't that semi confirmed?

#8 4 years ago

Who said what now??

#9 4 years ago

Alternate translite please....

Not a big fan of the music, but loved this documentary.

image-10.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #12 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

would rather look at art and backglasses with women on them and artists who are current and relevant.... rihanna, nicki...but i guess thats just me.

Please tell me you're kidding. AC/DC and Metallica were some of the machines that brought along the New Pinball Renaissance and you don't care for their themes. That is a valid complaint but if you want mainstream artists on pins, retheme them for yourself. Stern would never make a rapping based pin in this day and age.

MY ANACONDA DONT

#13 4 years ago

Yes, these games are coming from Stern within the next 18 months
    We will also get a Harry Potter and The Muppets, as well as an uunlicensed title

#14 4 years ago

would rather look at art and backglasses with women on them and artists who are current and relevant.... rihanna, nicki...but i guess thats just me.

Yes just you and your delusional dream SS. I give you props for sticking with a theme you'd put in your living room though.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Please tell me you're kidding. AC/DC and Metallica were some of the machines that brought along the New Pinball Renaissance and you don't care for their themes. That is a valid complaint but if you want mainstream artists on pins, retheme them for yourself. Stern would never make a rapping based pin in this day and age.

MY ANACONDA DONT

And for that they are very smart. Why do you think they've never made one SS? Hrmmmmm.....

#16 4 years ago

this is a joke right?

a Rihanna pin!?!?!

wrong01.jpg

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

We will also get a Harry Potter and The Muppets, as well as an uunlicensed title

Isnt it a bit late for Harry? Anything to back up the 18 month claim?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

L
    O
    L

#20 4 years ago

the thing is most people who spend money on location are people between ages 2 to 24. those people don't care about old rock groups.

those people don't care about pinball either...

#21 4 years ago

If these are the current rock bands that future pinball machines will be themed after, they had better do it sooner than later while all the band members and their fans are still alive.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If these are the current rock bands that future pinball machines will be themed after, they had better do it sooner than later while all the band members and their fans are still alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mistakenly put Gene Simmons in TWD.

#24 4 years ago

IMO Iron Maiden had great album art, but their music was only OK. I do not see wide enough appeal for it to be successful. KISS already has a pin. The only band pin I would be really excited about is Queen.

#25 4 years ago

KISS we've been told that Stern have the license, but is Iron Maiden as solid as this or more a case of fans living in hope? Not sure if I could see Stern releasing another two rock band pins so close together.

#26 4 years ago

I've heard from good sources that Kiss is next,& Led Zeppelin sometime down the line. Never heard a peep about Maiden, although that would be f..k'n awesome,but I think it's just a dream someone had on pinside

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

IMO Iron Maiden had great album art, but their music was only OK. I do not see wide enough appeal for it to be successful. KISS already has a pin. The only band pin I would be really excited about is Queen.

Their music is OK, speak for your self as there are thousands of people that think otherwise. & I'm one of the people that don't like queen.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

Iron Maiden and KISS for a pin really. They almost make Metallica sound good, almost. I can't think of worse bands in Rock and Roll history except maybe Motley Crue and Poison.

Yeah that's probably why Maiden still sell out entire stadiums easily, and ALL around the world..

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

Iron Maiden and KISS for a pin really. They almost make Metallica sound good, almost. I can't think of worse bands in Rock and Roll history except maybe Motley Crue and Poison. Stern would really be bottom fishing to put out Iron Maiden but the fee for the name probably costs about a nickel. Kiss is still doing the their farewell tour part 10 they started 15 years ago. Some things need to go away and stay away.

I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong....

#30 4 years ago

Iron Maiden love the music and artwork can't wait for the pin. No interest at all for Kiss, already been done.

#31 4 years ago

I did some research and Iron Maiden is much bigger than I thought. I am not a metal fan at all but i can respect anyone that does any kind of music well. They do sell out stadiums in Europe and Australia even today. They are just not that big in the US. The artwork is cool.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

They are just not that big in the US.

Iron Maiden is still big in the states selling out arenas. The issue in the States is that Maiden was never given airplay in the States and that holds true today! I am not a big fan of Maiden but after seeing how well Metallica did I would think Maiden would be a big seller as well! However, I think with Stern acquiring the rights to KISS that Maiden is not in the immediate future if at all!

With all the artwork over the years there is a lot to work with a Maiden machine! Whether you're a fan or not you have to admit Maiden would have a lot of potential. Eddie as a bash toy!??!

#33 4 years ago

Give me the Clash. It can't all be heavy metal/hard rock.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

I did some research and Iron Maiden is much bigger than I thought. I am not a metal fan at all but i can respect anyone that does any kind of music well. They do sell out stadiums in Europe and Australia even today. They are just not that big in the US. The artwork is cool.

They are still big here, but not US BIG. They are HUGE in Europe and especially South America. The game would be a big seller in both areas.

#35 4 years ago

RIhanna isnt a "rapper" and nicki i guess is , but she sings too. both actually have talent and id personally rather look at machines with hot chicks on them rather than old white guys...lol.

man those would be awful themes. And there are no old white guys on metallica pinball. Haven't you seen the game?

#36 4 years ago

The Clash is more like it. This is Rock N Roll with funk , reggae, and punk songs with great lyrics and 2 great front men- Joe Strummer and Mick Jones.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

And there are no old white guys on Metallica pinball

unfortunately not true for the road case edition. *shudder* But as usual, you're right - those would be awful themes. wouldn't sell 50 LE's of either one. Would make Mustang look like a smashing success.

it may be just a dream that Stern would make an Iron Maiden pin, but I can keep hoping and wishing for one. would be the HOTTEST seller in years and truly be a piece of art.

208616-i.jpg
    *for the uninitiated, that's a very young Steve Harris and Dave Murray - 2 of the founding members.

#38 4 years ago

Even though I am about fed up with the LE buying experience I will reconsider for A Trooper Le model.

#39 4 years ago

well, being an operator with many games and lots and lots of pinball on location at various places i disagree.
    i see who plays what and what they migrate towards. i take notes, and am highly involved.
    theme is what people of any age are drawn too no matter what type of coin operated machine.
    same as you not liking the themes i suggested, before ever even seeing the potential machine layout.
    same as many on here frowning on certain titles before they are even out, and ironically throwing money down on other titles they "like" based on theme alone before they are even out.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

those people don't care about pinball either...

#40 4 years ago

KISS has been confirmed.

Maiden is still unknown.

#41 4 years ago

well, being an operator with many games and lots and lots of pinball on location at various places i disagree.
    i see who plays what and what they migrate towards. i take notes, and am highly involved.
    theme is what people of any age are drawn too no matter what type of coin operated machine.
    same as you not liking the themes i suggested, before ever even seeing the potential machine layout.
    same as many on here frowning on certain titles before they are even out, and ironically throwing money down on other titles they "like" based on theme alone before they are even out.

a Rihanna pin can play as well as a mm, but I would still never own one...same reason I wont own a WOZ

#42 4 years ago

I would spend $8000 on an Iron Maiden LE day 1!!!!!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

The only band pin I would be really excited about is Queen.

Now you're talking!

Add your thoughts to the "Gary! Here's why QUEEN should be a Stern music pin" thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin

Y3V6b3VYLXVkTHcx_o_queen-bicycle-race-lyrics.jpg

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I've heard from good sources that Kiss is next,& Led Zeppelin sometime down the line. Never heard a peep about Maiden, although that would be f..k'n awesome,but I think it's just a dream someone had on pinside

Since we can't get a monsters of Rock pin with say 20 artist I wish Iron Maiden would be next after Kiss if that is the case besides LZ.

#45 4 years ago

Kiss this bitch.jpg

#46 4 years ago

So, a KISS pin will bag truckloads of money for Stern next year and they still have a horizon of big selling music pins in the next 2 years with the possibility of Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden due to the chatter and it already being on Stern's radar (numerous Facebook hints).

#47 4 years ago

Why of all the major bands out there would stern do kiss??? Black sabbath and maiden would fit pinball perfectly.

#48 4 years ago

Alice Cooper, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Rob Zombie could all make great pinball machines.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

Why of all the major bands out there would stern do kiss??

Stern just wants to make money.

#50 4 years ago

Iron Maiden would make a great pin IMO. Wide range of artwork and thier songs are about WAR. Definatley gets the blood flowing!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 14.95
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 92.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    € 18.95
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside