• Latest reply 5 years ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BF7D279D-9B0B-44B6-B28C-C89BD1BDE77F (resized).jpeg
2A6A0414-6CC7-428F-8FE1-C4A173BC6A8D (resized).png
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I don’t know why I’m just dropping some reading music here.

#52 5 years ago

I will also say when I mentioned to my daughter that I was considering using my TNA as trade bait for Supreme, or selling it and a couple others to help finance a pool, she said no way! As that is the only newer game I have had in here that she has grown attached to and likes to play.

I also jokingly said, "then should I trade it in on an IMDN?" Her eyes got real big and said "really?!!" And we both got a good laugh out of that one.

Sometimes it takes your kid to really knock some sense into you. Barring emergency, it's a permanent fixture at least for now.

#53 5 years ago

I had chance to trade SM for TNA but I’m not done with SM or any of my current games so it’s likely add one more at end of year which I currently have TNA on order for. But I’m trying to decide about TNA v Maiden.

#54 5 years ago

Both games are gems. They scratch a different itch. I say go for the TNA IF you have others to play with. TNA excels for me when I’m playing with at least 2 players min. I just got IM premium a few weeks ago and can’t stop playing it. If you want something unique, go with the TNA if you have others to play it with. If it’s just you most of the time go IM any level pro premium or LE

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will also say when I mentioned to my daughter that I was considering using my TNA as trade bait for Supreme, or selling it and a couple others to help finance a pool, she said no way! As that is the only newer game I have had in here that she has grown attached to and likes to play.
I also jokingly said, "then should I trade it in on an IMDN?" Her eyes got real big and said "really?!!" And we both got a good laugh out of that one.
Sometimes it takes your kid to really knock some sense into you. Barring emergency, it's a permanent fixture at least for now.

Man you are so hip for not liking IMDN. It’s so cool to be contrarian...

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Man you are so hip for not liking IMDN.

If you or others want to keep on quoting me and asking my opinion, I'll keep on giving it to you.

If you are trying to somehow make me change my mind just to please you or verify your opinion, it's not going to happen.

I don't need yours to have mine.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Maiden reminds me of nothing.

But this I agree on. Nothing I want to own or play.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It’s so cool to be contrarian...

And contrarian to what? What somebody else likes? Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Sheesh. How much validation do you need.....

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you or others want to keep on quoting me and asking my opinion, I'll keep on giving it to you.
If you are trying to somehow make me change my mind just to please you or verify your opinion, it's not going to happen.
I don't need yours to have mine.

I couldn't give a shit less what your opinion is. You are entitled to it. Period. But you don’t just voice your opinion. You are the one that takes the hard stances and tries to discredit what YOU don’t like.

For you it’s Ford or Tesla. TNA or IMDN. And you have to make sure your voice is the loudest. But, guess what? People can like both, either, or neither. You're the one who presses your opinion on people, solicited or not. You may try taking your own advice.

Now excuse me while I jump in my Ford Escape while donning my Tesla jacket to go play some TNA and IMDN at the local barcade.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You are the one that takes the hard stances and tries to discredit what YOU don’t like.

It seems with the amount people that quote me and ask me questions after I post, that is exactly what they want.

All I said in the first place is I wouldn't want that eyesore with the terrible music in my house and that is the truth! It is my eyes and my ears and I know what I like.

It seems it is others including you, that would like to discredit me. lol. You chaps get pretty defensive over an inanimate box of wires and wood. lol

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You chaps get pretty defensive over an inanimate box of wires and wood. lol

Says the guy who gets a stiffy whenever he mentions TNA.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Says the guy who gets a stiffy whenever he mentions TNA.

See, the difference between you and me is you could say it's the biggest piece of shit of all time and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I don't care if people like what I do or not, but when my opinion is asked like in this thread, I'll give mine, not somebody elses.

But keep trying! It's been pretty funny to watch.

#61 5 years ago

Buy TNA if you take pinball buying and selling advice from children. If you want a pool though, skip TNA and get nothing.

Got it.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had chance to trade SM for TNA but I’m not done with SM or any of my current games so it’s likely add one more at end of year which I currently have TNA on order for. But I’m trying to decide about TNA v Maiden.

You are welcome to come over and put some games on my IMDN pro.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Buy TNA if you take pinball buying and selling advice from children. If you want a pool though, skip TNA and get nothing.
Got it.
Thanks a fuckin lot. Lol

Looks like you already made your decision. And my daughter is no longer a child. She could wipe the table playing many of you if she cared about such things.

Do you really want anybody's opinion but your own?

Next....

I'm on a roll!

Edit- What I love about this forum is how one man can stand his ground no matter how hard the mob tries to bring him down and he can come out of it unscathed.

#64 5 years ago

I like and own both. I don't think TNA is better then the top 1980 bally's though. What it is good at is setting a fun mood and bringing a modern feel to an old style.

IMDN is a fantastic shooting game but it's not a theme I love. It's got everything else going for it though and the music isn't bad to play pinball to.

I'd go IMDN pro and an ebd or flash gordon etc for the money but I don't think IMDN or TNA will disappoint you.

#65 5 years ago

Nah It is not about being unscathed or ball busting it is about pick a pinball A or B. After a dozen posts from someone busting the OP balls on selling his spot, wondering who is selling TNA?! when they put up theirs to sell and saying their Daughter even likes TNA over IMDN it got a little much. Sorry for using the F word but that is how it was going. And glad your Daughter plays and plays well. Go Daughters who play Pinball!

Anyway I think at this point if I was Rai and have a Winter delivery, which is soon, I would just get TNA. You have a big collection and that is 100% different than the others. Short ball times, which you like and hit start again. Lights and sounds that will blow up your gameroom. Boom!

Better all round game would go to IMDN with the rules and it being not your typical Stern. Shoots great! I knew one IMDN song before I bought that pin, but was blown away but what KE put together. Songs are growing on me. Don’t love the theme, but I love good pinball.

Both different in there own way. Both good pinball. Can’t go wrong. Wish TNA’s could get delivered a lot faster though. Must be hard to wait.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nah It is not about being unscathed or ball busting it is about pick a pinball A or B. After a dozen posts from someone busting the OP balls on selling his spot, wondering who is selling TNA?! when they put up theirs to sell and saying their Daughter even likes TNA over IMDN it got a little much. Sorry for using the F word but that is how it was going. And glad your Daughter plays and plays well. Go Daughters who play Pinball!

Yeah, sorry I got carried away.

But gosh, you can't say anything here without somebody else trying to shoot you down or discount what you say as being irrelevant if it doesn't go along with what they think or what they think the general consensus is. And then as you respond to that it just keeps piling on. I don't have that kind of agenda.

I'm used to it though. And I'm going to stick to my guns and not going to change for anybody.

I can't think for anybody else either, but I will say TNA is a great game and has now earned it's stay.

#67 5 years ago

Rai - not having a dig - but I’ve never seen anyone try and talk themselves out of buying a pin than you with TnA.

If you have to double guess yourself all the time, maybe it’s not for you? Not every pin is for everyone.

One good thing about TnA is they do not seem to be hard to sell if you don’t like it (as long as you’re not to greedy on the sale price ...)

rd

#68 5 years ago

Iron Maiden. Sorry RD

#69 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is much more fun imo. I've played hundreds of games on my LE and it doesn't get old. TNA bores me very quickly, but can be fun in groups. As your skill level progresses, Iron Maiden offers more complexity and interest, bringing you back for more. It rewards skilled players but is also engaging for beginners. The pin is also very beautiful. My LE is up there with the best of games available today. The Pro and Premium are gorgeous as well. So...IMDN for the win.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Iron Maiden. Sorry RD

I’d buy one too. But not at our current shitty 0.65c exchange rate.

rd

#71 5 years ago

Upper playfield part from IMDN with the orbit reminds me a little bit of Whirlwind..
That's probably because I now have a WW ready to restore and I'm not sure if I would bother or just sell it and keep playing IMDN

I'm sure I've played other games that have similar upper loops but can't remember, maybe some Gottliebs..

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Rai - not having a dig - but I’ve never seen anyone try and talk themselves out of buying a pin than you with TnA.
If you have to double guess yourself all the time, maybe it’s not for you? Not every pin is for everyone.
One good thing about TnA is they do not seem to be hard to sell if you don’t like it (as long as you’re not to greedy on the sale price ...)
rd

I’m just trying to get opinions. I’ve heard from some in private and also here in this thread that TNA is not for everyone, that it’s a one trick pony.

Sometimes it’s good to hear both good and bad options on a pin. In the TNA threads it’s only one sided.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m just trying to get opinions. I’ve heard from some in private and also here in this thread that TNA is not for everyone, that it’s a one trick pony

You’re just going to get 50/50 as you would with every question like this. Some people like it, some don’t. Not everyone likes Maiden either, even though it’s flavour of the month at present.

Best idea, make the effort to travel to play a TnA close to you, spend some time on it and you’ll either like it, or you won’t. Getting some strangers opinions ... who’s to say they’re right or wrong? Only you can say if you’ll like it or not, at the end of the day. And the only thing that’ll do that is time on the game.

Looking at the Pinside map, looks like there are quite a few TnAs not far from you.

rd

BF7D279D-9B0B-44B6-B28C-C89BD1BDE77F (resized).jpegBF7D279D-9B0B-44B6-B28C-C89BD1BDE77F (resized).jpeg
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You’re just going to get 50/50 as you would with every question like this. Some people like it, some don’t. Not everyone likes Maiden either, even though it’s flavour of the month at present.
Best idea, make the effort to travel to play a TnA close to you, spend some time on it and you’ll either like it, or you won’t. Getting some strangers opinions ... who’s to say they’re right or wrong? Only you can say if you’ll like it or not, at the end of the day. And the only thing that’ll do that is time on the game.
Looking at the Pinside map, looks like there are quite a few TnAs not far from you.
rd[quoted image]

It's hardly a flavor of the month at this point. You will never get everyone to like the same thing but IMDN overall is pretty universally praised and that's with a theme that 80+% of pinballers were not going to like to begin with.

IMDN is a huge hit for stern. TNA is a huge hit for spooky.

#75 5 years ago

Honeymoon period is over now .... it’s still the most played game in my collection.

I’m usually a guy that plays on a Friday and Saturday night but I find myself going downstairs and playing a few game almost every night

Games been out for 7 months and they still can’t keep up with production from what others are saying

That’s gotta show something.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

they still can’t keep up with production from what others are saying

Are you talking about TNA now?

Otherwise what does that mean if distributers have plenty of games in stock ready to ship.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are you talking about TNA now?
Otherwise what does that mean if distributers have plenty of games in stock ready to ship.

I was thinking about this last night and wondered if TNA would sell better with games in stock or is the lack of ability to get one driving the buzz? A lot of people on the list love a different style game and would have bought one anyway. But many of the people that just want what others can't get at the moment likely wouldn't buy one at that point. In the end it probably doesn't matter much on total sales numbers for TNA I guess.

As far as IMDN goes it's silly to really compare the sales of both. Stern made more IMDN games in the first 2 weeks then there will ever be TNA's made. Stern wants games in stock with distributors so that customers have options. Once this batch winds down you will see a lot of demand rise until stern makes another round. It happens with all of their good games. You can absolutely call your distro right now and get one if you want one. Isn't that a good thing? Do we really love the chase and having something that others can't get yet that much?

#78 5 years ago

I don't get the love for IMDN. I put a few games on an LE and have not had the desire to play more. Stood next to one yesterday and just looked at it and the animations in attract mode and just felt "meh" about it. If you like 90's games that have mechs that interact with the ball, then IMDN is not for you. I think that is why I have no attraction to it. Instead of playing IMDN, I put some games on the GOTG, MB, Adams Family, and TOM that were nearby. Whatever choice you make, I hope you enjoy your decision. FYI, RecBar in Louisville, KY has an insane collection in their pinball room. So much better than before, check out their interview on SDTM.

#79 5 years ago

I guess I’m looking at this.

Suppose two pins around the same price.

One can sell 2000+ units and the other can sell 500+ units.

Seems like one is 4x more popular ( but it could be that lack of production is lowering the sales of TNA ) no way to say for sure.

Now looking forward it’s possible a very popular game like LotR ( sold tons ) is still in big demand while another pin like BTDK sold few. It’s easy as all getout to sell a used LotR while BTDK needs to find the few people who dig it and might be harder to sell etc.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I don't get the love for IMDN. I put a few games on an LE and have not had the desire to play more. Stood next to one yesterday and just looked at it and the animations in attract mode and just felt "meh" about it. If you like 90's games that have mechs that interact with the ball, then IMDN is not for you. I think that is why I have no attraction to it. Instead of playing IMDN, I put some games on the GOTG, MB, Adams Family, and TOM that were nearby. Whatever choice you make, I hope you enjoy your decision. FYI, RecBar in Louisville, KY has an insane collection in their pinball room. So much better than before, check out their interview on SDTM.

I don’t need to make a decision anytime soon so I can just wait and see after playing various pins what grabs me.

I’ve got more than enough pins to hold my attention, but always thinking what I can buy next.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have only a few games on it but I was under the impression that there are a LOT of mechs on the PF? Isn’t there even a subway?

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I was thinking about this last night and wondered if TNA would sell better with games in stock or is the lack of ability to get one driving the buzz? A lot of people on the list love a different style game and would have bought one anyway. But many of the people that just want what others can't get at the moment likely wouldn't buy one at that point. In the end it probably doesn't matter much on total sales numbers for TNA I guess.
As far as IMDN goes it's silly to really compare the sales of both. Stern made more IMDN games in the first 2 weeks then there will ever be TNA's made. Stern wants games in stock with distributors so that customers have options. Once this batch winds down you will see a lo of demand rise until stern makes another round. It happens with all of their good games. You can absolutely call your distro right now and get one if you want one. Isn't that a good thing? Do we really love the chase and having something that others can't get yet that much?

TNA is an interesting situation for sure. I picked up someone else's spot after playing one so I didn't have to wait long, otherwise I don't think I would have had the patience to wait as long as others have. Then there are those with a place in line and deposit already, so they probably aren't going to want one from the secondary market and lose their deposit even though that means getting one sooner. When all's said and done though, it will be a small run game that may or may not be more desirable as time goes by. I think it will hang tough though.

As far as IMDN, I have a buddy who is a distributer in town and he's always got them coming and going, so I didn't see the shortage, but it blows my mind when I go over there and see how many boxes of all the newer games he's got coming in and out of there. I see a truck show up with boxes everywhere regularly tells me business is good.

Good there is something for everybody, but I can't help but wonder how long it can last till people run out of money or space for all of this.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have only a few games on it but I was under the impression that there are a LOT of mechs on the PF? Isn’t there even a subway?

Yes, their are a lot of mechs and the main one is pretty complex. There are not bash toys or dolls with moving arms though which many people correlate with toys though.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the Premium and LE only the sarcophagus lock raises to allow a ball to enter. So, I guess that counts as a mech...but really not very impressive in person.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

On the Premium and LE only the sarcophagus lock raises to allow a ball to enter. So, I guess that counts as a mech...but really not very impressive in person. w that isn't everything but I still get a kick out of watching the Mist ball float across the playfield or the ball launching into the toybox on Aerosmith.

The sarcophagus does other things as well. Plus the main multiball has an extremely cool and innovative start sequence that is very impressive. The mummy miltiball kick out from the sarcophagus is also really cool.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The sarcophagus does other things as well. Plus the main multiball has an extremely cool and innovative start sequence that is very impressive. The mummy miltiball kick out from the sarcophagus is also really cool.

Yeah good points. The Trooper Multiball start is awesome. Also the ramp lift up for the underworld is neat. Not every game is about toys...

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah good points. The Trooper Multiball start is awesome. Also the ramp lift up for the underworld is neat. Not every game is about toys...

What’s the actual practical difference between the Premium and Pro in terms of gameplay/enjoyment? Does the sarcophagus lock change the game, or is it more of a “cool value add feature”?

#88 5 years ago

Get Maiden you w'ont regret it i cannot talk about Tna i did not play it yet. But Maiden's a best , in my collection it as better code then met and acdc but not better coding then Twd .

Gl

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Spooky is always going to be able to produce more niche games.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I don't get the love for IMDN. I put a few games on an LE and have not had the desire to play more.

That's funny, because this is exactly how I felt after playing the Hobbit. Have zero desire to play it again. As they say, different strokes...

Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, their are a lot of mechs and the main one is pretty complex.

Lets not forget about the guardian that raises up for the right ramp sarcophagus lock\tomb treasure award. Very satisfying shot IMO.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What’s the actual practical difference between the Premium and Pro in terms of gameplay/enjoyment? Does the sarcophagus lock change the game, or is it more of a “cool value add feature”?

I honestly don't know. I haven't seen or played a pro. My best guess is there is not a huge difference. Yes it is def cool but I can't see it being a massive game changer in terms of game play.

I have a sneaking suspicion I would be completely content with a pro.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great features imo, worth getting the Premium unless you have to keep the cost down, in which case the Pro is great. As the shaker vibrates with the mummy tomb opening, it is a fantastic feeling alerting you to the shot, which is satisfying to land. Mummy multiball is more fun to land as a result as well. The sarcophagus is also cool, although not essential. I like the orb target better as well, and the beacon on the top right is nice. These aren't obvious extras on the surface, but this is a game with subtlety, with pauses in an otherwise frenetic pace, that reset your focus during gameplay and enhance the experience.

#93 5 years ago

I wanted to chime in. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add. I only played TNA a few times last year at pinball life party of course there were lines.
Meanwhile concerning Iron Maiden I not only have never played it but haven't seen it. I must be living under a rock in Chicago.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Meanwhile concerning Iron Maiden I not only have never played it but haven't seen it. I must be living under a rock in Chicago.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I wanted to chime in. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add. I only played TNA a few times last year at pinball life party of course there were lines.

Well if you make the trip to Chicago you'll find it at a few places

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Seems like one is 4x more popular ( but it could be that lack of production is lowering the sales of TNA ) no way to say for sure

To me, that seems like a funny way of looking at things.

Britney Spears sold more albums than Clutch. Does that make Britney Spears better? No. It means she sold more albums. Musicgument!

The titles are largely apples to oranges.
Licenced vs unlicensed
Popular music vs homemade music
Modern ruleset vs retro ruleset.
Sterns juggernaut vs some dudes in Benton, Wisconsin.

For sure, Spooky would sell waaaayyy more if they had these in stock. Some people will not wait a year. Neither will they pay inflated prices for one today. So that’s a sale lost.

Regardless, even if Spooky could crank them, Maiden will sell 1000s more as its a good game, a way more mainstream title, made and marketed by the biggest name in the business. Stern probably sold as many WWEs as Spooky will make TnAs.

rd

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To me, that seems like a funny way of looking at things.
Britney Spears sold more albums than Clutch. Does that make Britney Spears better? No. It means she sold more albums. Musicgument!
The titles are largely apples to oranges.
Licenced vs unlicensed
Popular music vs homemade music
Modern ruleset vs retro ruleset.
Sterns juggernaut vs some dudes in Benton, Wisconsin.
For sure, Spooky would sell waaaayyy more if they had these in stock. Some people will not wait a year. Neither will they pay inflated prices for one today. So that’s a sale lost.
Regardless, even if Spooky could crank them, Maiden will sell 1000s more as its a good game, a way more mainstream title, made and marketed by the biggest name in the business. Stern probably sold as many WWEs as Spooky will make TnAs.
rd

Don't forget IMDN started as a homebrew as well. I bet if it had stayed Archer, with Spooky for instance, it would have been a huge hit as well but at a lower volume.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-advice/page/2?hl=buju and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.