(Topic ID: 232361)

Iron Maiden Aces High topper not working....

By mickel316

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone ....my name is Sean and I am new here. Just recently acquired an Iron Maiden LE Pinball and also purchased the new Aces High topper from Stern. This is my first and only pinball machine, so I am somewaht of a rookie. Thr directions for installing the topper were fairly simple and straightforward. Two connections. My problem is ....it does not seem to work. It does nothing ...no lights or interaction with the game. I can see a small red led lit up by the computer board in there, so I know it has power. Am I missing a setting in the menu or something? I have sent an email to The Game Room Guys ....which is where it was purchased, but I do not expect to hear anything till after the holidays. So, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. Is it possible I received a dead topper? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

#2 5 years ago

I have seen a couple other reports of the topper not working......I think GRG and Stern may have to get you a new one.

PS...I would double check and make sure it's not a menu setting too.

#3 5 years ago

Have you updated to the latest code? Often topper code isn’t put in until later revisions.

Edit: yes, looks like topper code was put in 1.02 game code release

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I have seen a couple other reports of the topper not working......I think GRG and Stern may have to get you a new one.

That's what I was afraid of....... Thanks.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Have you updated to the latest code? Often topper code isn’t put in until later revisions.
Edit: yes, looks like topper code was put in 1.02 game code release

Yes ...the latest code is installed....

#6 5 years ago

Okay ....talked to the Game Room Guys .....may be defective or a loose wire ....of course I'm at work ....so they are going to call me Wednesday to troubleshoot and see if we can get it working..... if not, it has to go back.

4 weeks later
#7 5 years ago

Okay ....here's the latest development. I got my replacement ....hooked it up before screwing it down ....it worked fine. Replace the screws ...and it doesn't work. So, as I was removing it again, I tried it without the screws in. Worked like a charm. As soon as I put a screw in the hole ....it created a tiny spark ...and the topper went out. I removed the screw and it worked. Same thing with the fourth screw. Created a spark and shut it down. I left out two screws and it seems to be working. Sounds like some kind of grounding issue to me. I am waiting to hear back from thE Gameroom guys. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? It's kind of unnerving.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from mickel316:

Okay ....here's the latest development. I got my replacement ....hooked it up before screwing it down ....it worked fine. Replace the screws ...and it doesn't work. So, as I was removing it again, I tried it without the screws in. Worked like a charm. As soon as I put a screw in the hole ....it created a tiny spark ...and the topper went out. I removed the screw and it worked. Same thing with the fourth screw. Created a spark and shut it down. I left out two screws and it seems to be working. Sounds like some kind of grounding issue to me. I am waiting to hear back from thE Gameroom guys. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? It's kind of unnerving.

Exact same thing for me. I just left the two screws on the left side (facing the game from the front) out and it's worked fine ever since.

#9 5 years ago

Glad I read this as my Aces High topper should arrive tomorrow. Will remember to leave those screws out

#10 5 years ago

That's not right, you shouldn't have to leave 2 of the screws out, it was designed to have 4 so there is obviously an issue or a short with it. I would be contacting Stern and letting them know about this so they can rectify the issue before more toppers get sent out.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks guys ....at least I know that I am not the only one. I thought there may be something wrong with the grounding on my pinball machine. The Gameroom guys tech is to be contacting Stern today about the issue. I will let you guys know what i learn.

#12 5 years ago

Okay. Gameroom Guys wants me to take it apart, and place some electrical tape over the soldered wires on the light up guns to see if that fixes the issue. Unfortunately, I did't spend $400 on this topper to fix it myself. Looks like it's going back for a refund.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from mickel316:

Okay. Gameroom Guys wants me to take it apart, and place some electrical tape over the soldered wires on the light up guns to see if that fixes the issue. Unfortunately, I did't spend $400 on this topper to fix it myself. Looks like it's going back for a refund.

You could use some of those 3M command strips or Velcro tape to hold it down! If you can’t duct it, ......it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-aces-high-topper-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.