• Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

first_try_thumb (resized).jpg
anubis-columns.jpg
Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif

#1 4 years ago

After getting lost in another part of the Iron Maiden backboard with a mod that dead-ended, I came back to finish these. As a companion to the 3D Anubis, I've made columns with working torches. There were a lot of problems to solve with these due to the location and the way these attach to the backboard, but I'd say these are about 85% done (maybe another month until complete and initial installation testing done), so I'm putting this up to show them off and get an idea of the interest level for them. When they're finished, installation will take about 30 minutes for these and I'll have full instructions like with the Anubis 3D.

The animated gif is a little low-res, but gives an idea of how cool it looks to have the torches light up instead of a yellow or red lens on a flat plastic.
Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gifAnubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif

Here's a lit still to show a bit more detail (the torches are still being modified to hug the column tighter):
anubis-columns.jpganubis-columns.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Looking great upto now Vic.
Also the hieroglyphics you put on the columns. Nice touch.
I think painted up these would look super cool.

#3 4 years ago

I purchased Anubis from you a few months ago and it's great....please keep me in mind when columns and torches are finished. Thanks.

#4 4 years ago

Looks great so far! I would be interested.

#5 4 years ago

definitely interested!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Looking great upto now Vic.
Also the hieroglyphics you put on the columns. Nice touch.
I think painted up these would look super cool.

I was trying to match the columns in the flat plastic pieces, but they're really plain and boring, so looking at ancient egyptian column pictures, I ran across the small tile design and mixed that with the hieroglyph and ended up with columns that looked like they belonged to replace the flat plastics.

#7 4 years ago

Looks amazing! Really solid work again!

#8 4 years ago

Gotta have that for ours Vic!

#10 4 years ago

Awesome!!! Interested!

#11 4 years ago

Interested!
Mind as well- I own every other goddamn Pin Monk mod for Maiden!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Interested!
Mind as well- I own every other goddamn Pin Monk mod for Maiden!

Yup

#13 4 years ago

Like to see a shot of how the mod blends-in with the rest of the backboard.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Like to see a shot of how the mod blends-in with the rest of the backboard.

Once I get more of the details for mounting, etc done (I'm still going back and forth with a mounting solution which will affect the gap between the back of the columns and the backboard), I'll do a wide shot of the whole upper PF. But even at this point, when looking at the whole back, it looks pretty great. Just like with the Anubis replacing the printed plastic, once the columns and torches are in 3D, the stock plastic looks wrong.

#15 4 years ago

Interested

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 4 years ago

Interested also.

1 week later
#17 4 years ago

After a ton of problem-solving, I finally have what I think is the final mounting system done for the columns. If all goes well, I should be able to do some testing on a Pro by next week to make sure the premium/le mounting also works for Pros.

3 months later
#18 4 years ago

Any update on this development?
I’m excited to order.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Any update on this development?
I’m excited to order.

I got sidetracked on some other projects (Iron Maiden bumper caps, Star Wars lens brackets, Larger Spike fans). Working on the instructions now (which are a little more complicated than the Anubis, but not that hard). Hopefully have them up for sale soon.

#20 4 years ago

Maiden bumper caps ... nintetsrex to see what you came up with.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Maiden bumper caps ... interested to see what you came up with.

#22 4 years ago

Lots of problems left to solve to make this one work, but there is great potential, especially with a hidden mount like I designed for the 3D Anubis to get rid of the giant screw heads on the plastics.
first_try_thumb (resized).jpgfirst_try_thumb (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lots of problems left to solve to make this one work, but there is great potential, especially with a hidden mount like I designed for the 3D Anubis to get rid of the giant screw heads on the plastics.
[quoted image]

Looks cool, but any chance for a totally different look to the caps? I never have figured out what I'm looking at, and whatever the design is it doesn't really jump out at you. Just a thought...

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Looks cool, but any chance for a totally different look to the caps? I never have figured out what I'm looking at, and whatever the design is it doesn't really jump out at you. Just a thought...

I wouldn't presume to change that area. The design is the padded walls of an asylum, which is why Piece of Mind Eddie is there.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't presume to change that area. The design is the padded walls of an asylum, which is why Piece of Mind Eddie is there.

Yeah I agree you should stay with the pads to match the area. Improvement in design is welcome though .

10 months later
#26 3 years ago

Any update on these? Columns and bumper caps?

#27 3 years ago

I actually just finished off the hardware mounting for the columns after a long pause. Still kind of slow going because of the flipper cooling kits taking off, but I will get them done. I talked to the foam cutter about the foam for the box that will hold them last week, so it's pretty close.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I actually just finished off the hardware mounting for the columns after a long pause. Still kind of slow going because of the flipper cooling kits taking off, but I will get them done. I talked to the foam cutter about the foam for the box that will hold them last week, so it's pretty close.

Great! Thanks for the update.

6 months later
#29 2 years ago

Whatever happened to this project ?

O know pinmonk had lots of irons in the fire.

Always produces quality products.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Whatever happened to this project ?
O know pinmonk had lots of irons in the fire.
Always produces quality products.

Yeah, sorry. REALLY REALLY close - the final test units are in the field and have been for a while.

The problem is I didn't know I'd have to redesign the Tibetan Breeze fans individually for each JJP machine when the V1.0 design turned out to be flawed. So that's been a big unexpected project. Hopefully when that's done, I can do the last little bit to start selling these. They're super-boss installed to have that whole corner in 3D with the Anubis and have the torches look like they're lighting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-3d-columns-with-torches-to-go-with-3d-anubis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.