D2446044-8B97-4C28-B97F-A1BCED389C91 (resized).jpeg
76E7047D-096C-4350-8842-46AC97CDE30F (resized).jpeg
D8EBB0C9-9350-4669-ABAE-C83B75811EF1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2110 (resized).jpeg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

Wanted to break this one out of the main forum.

What I did:
To summarize what I have done on this mod is to take the dead-end Super Jackpot shot and change it into a 180 degree ramp that will feed back to the upper flipper

Why I did it:
This is probably my favorite game and it has crazy awesome flow once you get it going. That is except for one shot in my option which is the current Super Jackpot shot. I am a fan of having feel good shots especially hard to hit and critical shots so this is where my drive for this mod came from.

How did you do it:
It took me all in all about 6 Months to work this design out and to find the right ramp that is out there that I could manipulate to achieve my wanted goal. Enter Led Zepplin Prem and its ramp, I got that ramp on order from stern and started to break down my game to have it ready to figure all this out. I knew I did not want to do any type of permanent modifications to my game and who does with what these cost these days. Using my engineering background I started to develop ways to achieve this. I had to make a new ball guide that would lead into my ramp as it was not just a place and go situation. Once I got that designed and working I moved on to figuring out the wire form. In taking notes from following and owning both of Logans ramps I made my bends and came up with my prototype wire form. From there I was able to go into full scale testing of the shot and make sure the mechanics and angles were all right and lead to a clean and satisfying shot. The last 2 issues needed to figure out was how to now trigger that target since the ramp now sits where it was. I know the Zepplin ramp had mounts for Optos on it but I was unsure of how I could integrate optos into the game without any logic. I did my research and landed on the Sam era opts and boards as being my best choice to allow me to bring this final part of the mod to life. In tapping into the 5v off the coin door node board I was able to power my opto board and figure out the way to wire everything up.

Are you going to offer this mod for sale:
Right now I am trying to gauge how many people would be interested in this mod. Part of this decision will be dependent on how many of these ramps I can purchase from stern. I will say that in my opinion it will not be a cheaper mod given the cost of some of the components as well as the labor aspect of building everything I would just rough estimate this one to be in the neighborhood of $400-500 but will be able to get that more refined as I get some better pricing coming in.

If you are interested in this mod please comment blow so I can keep a list.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Well lol u know im all in

#3 2 years ago

I would be interested

#4 2 years ago

I'm interested.

#5 2 years ago

I love 180 ramps. Would love to see a video.

Pinside users - impressive work.

#6 2 years ago

Count me in

#7 2 years ago

I am working on a video, of course i fired up a game to end my work week and my first shot hit it from the lower flipper then proceeded to loop it twice in a row didn’t think to record it oops
Then i recorded some other shots but left my shaker motor on so the video is very shaky. I will work for to get some cleaner video with the shaker off

#8 2 years ago

this is very interesting. curious to see it in action.

#9 2 years ago

Here is a link to a very short clip on back to back shots sorry tried to take this quick and forgot i had my shaker motor on. I will get better footage this weekend

#10 2 years ago

Well i got lucky i am not an amazing pinball player by any means but i was able to capture a good combo

#11 2 years ago

So cool!

#12 2 years ago

I said it at the very beginning all in

#13 2 years ago

I don't own one, but nice work. That shot always seemed kind of..meh to me.

#14 2 years ago

I appreciate that I am not the only one that has the desire to mess with great games. Well done Sir.

#15 2 years ago

I am interested

#16 2 years ago

Pretty cool! Are you replacing the dead end target with a opto somewhere on the ramp? I’m guessing the opto will be above the curve so you have to make the complete ramp to score the super jackpot? Show it in action during Trooper multi ball for a SJ!!

#17 2 years ago

I get my optos tomorrow from pbl so i will update more video when completed

#18 2 years ago

Interested

#19 2 years ago

Certainly looks cool. I am interested if it doesn't visually block too much.

#20 2 years ago

You should make this for rush and zep pro

#21 2 years ago

Interested

#22 2 years ago

The OP criminally has a low amount of thumbs ups. Sharpen your booger-picking finger and hit the thumbs up button. THIS is a true mod.

Well done!!!

#23 2 years ago

I’m in for sure!
Nice work

#24 2 years ago

Count me in, nice work!

#25 2 years ago

I’m in as well. Very cool. Very talented

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 2 years ago

Thank you all for the interest and support. I am working on finalizing my price on these and am aiming to try and get 12 ramps from stern so for now I will be capping my first run of these at 12 (assuming I can get that quantity out of stern). After some discussion I have decided that I will be powder coating the wire forms for the final version in two color options Black or Silver (not a chrome). I will also offer an option for a custom color choice for an additional $25 + cost of 1lb of powder/shipping from Prismatic powders. I will also give the option of you sending your other 2 wire forms in to get them powder coated as well to match. For that all you will need to do is pay the shipping to me and that will be included in the $25 custom powder charge.

Below is the list of 12 that have either expressed interest or said they will take one. I will keep a secondary list incase anyone from the primary list falls off once pricing gets finalized or for other reasons.

1-Yesh23
2-Scott8806
3-SR230CC
4-NightTrain
5-Delt31
6-Eagle14
7-Pinwillie
8-Jecco74
9-Tigzzz
10-Schinny
11-Otto110
12-Arkin
13-gorillabiscuits
14-ZMeny
15-JPD632
16-Parsonsaj
17-thewool
18-dgposter (pending Gus mod)
19-Tktlwyr
20-PinDescabarian
21-Pinb1
22-TomSS20
23-Hertig
24-dzmechanical
25-boogies
26-toddmann
27-ElliottSC
28-Concretehardt
29-Jamesays
30-Rockrand
31-Smokingjoe73
32-ggoehmann
33-digitaldocc (pending Gus mod)
34-modfather
35-silen7ce

Added over 2 years ago:

Updated list Cont...

1-Yesh23
2-Scott8806
3-SR230CC
4-NightTrain
5-Delt31
6-Eagle14
7-Pinwillie
8-Jecco74
9-Tigzzz
10-Schinny
11-Otto110
12-Arkin
13-gorillabiscuits
14-ZMeny
15-JPD632
16-Parsonsaj
17-thewool
18-dgposter (pending Gus mod)
19-Tktlwyr
20-PinDescabarian
21-Pinb1
22-TomSS20
23-Hertig
24-dzmechanical
25-boogies
26-toddmann
27-ElliottSC
28-Concretehardt
29-Jamesays
30-Rockrand
31-Smokingjoe73
32-ggoehmann
33-digitaldocc (pending Gus mod)
34-modfather
35-silen7ce
36-Alaskanzen
37-Xeneize

Added over 2 years ago:

Will be moving list to somewhere pinside lets me exit it past 24 hour period stay tuned

#27 2 years ago

I’ll be a backup at 13!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The OP criminally has a low amount of thumbs ups. Sharpen your booger-picking finger and hit the thumbs up button. THIS is a true mod.
Well done!!!

Just thumbed up…. Hell even Keith Elwin needs to thumb up the OP

#29 2 years ago

Very interested!

#30 2 years ago

Looks interesting. Unfortunately, also looks like it will interfere with Gouveia "Gus" mod I'm adding.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Looks interesting. Unfortunately, also looks like it will interfere with Gouveia "Gus" mod I'm adding.

It would be very, very close. Not really sure. But here's a view from above my game to see how much clearance you'd get. It really depends on where the ramp curves over the red light above mummy. Hope this helps.

IMG_2110 (resized).jpegIMG_2110 (resized).jpeg
#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Hell even Keith Elwin needs to thumb up the OP

Why? What if he hates this idea?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Luckily I'm in on a Gus as well and can't wait to install him. After looking at Steve's overhead shot, I'm hoping to make it work.

It's just to cool to pass on.

#35 2 years ago

What’s the install complexity of this?

#36 2 years ago

I will be including a full install manual with photos but as far as complexity i would rate it at a 3 or 4 maybe… if you have ever shopped a game this will be a walk in the park. Probably the hardest part of it will be removing the right ramp which really isnt even that hard.

Required tools will be

Phillips screw driver
1/4, 5/16 and 11/32” nut drivers

#37 2 years ago

Here is the overhead on the current wire form. I can see if i can tweak it a little to try and give more clearance for that mod, i just dont want to drop the ramp to far down as i dont want it to impact the ball flow and speed

D8EBB0C9-9350-4669-ABAE-C83B75811EF1 (resized).jpegD8EBB0C9-9350-4669-ABAE-C83B75811EF1 (resized).jpeg
#38 2 years ago

Dan - this mod is fantastic! Nice work in enhancing an already amazing game!

#39 2 years ago

Cool!
Interested.

#40 2 years ago

Add me to the list.

#41 2 years ago

Late to the dance but add me to the backup list please!

#42 2 years ago

I’ve got a Gus mod coming too. I’d love to be able to make both work.

#43 2 years ago

I'm in. Thanks!

#44 2 years ago

In as well (if it works with the Gus mod).

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It would be very, very close. Not really sure. But here's a view from above my game to see how much clearance you'd get. It really depends on where the ramp curves over the red light above mummy. Hope this helps.
[quoted image]

You and Dan should send each other your mods. Maybe between the 2 of you a solution will appear to allow for both mods.

#46 2 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#47 2 years ago

Add me please.

#48 2 years ago

Add me to the list/back up list. Thanks!

#49 2 years ago

If its possible please ad me as well

#50 2 years ago

All, Thank you for the interest in this mod. I am reaching out to multiple vendors to see what quantity I can get from stern on these and if that does not work I am also exploring an option to duplicate the existing ramp. I will try and build this for as many people that want it so please hang tight while I try and figure out my best material sourcing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-180-degree-ramp-mod?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.