D2446044-8B97-4C28-B97F-A1BCED389C91 (resized).jpeg
76E7047D-096C-4350-8842-46AC97CDE30F (resized).jpeg
D8EBB0C9-9350-4669-ABAE-C83B75811EF1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2110 (resized).jpeg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

Put me down I am in...............

#52 2 years ago

Interested, can I get added to the list?
Also, just thinking aloud... Should this mod also get a mylar piece for the drop?

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Interested, can I get added to the list?
Also, just thinking aloud... Should this mod also get a mylar piece for the drop?

Yes!

#54 2 years ago

Is there a bare metal ramp option? I wouldn't really want to powder coat my ramps. Cheers.

#55 2 years ago

This is pretty badass. Curious if you could mount a switch to replace the target?

#56 2 years ago

Please add me to the list

This works for the pro and premium, right?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

This works for the pro and premium, right?

yes it will work with all models

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This is pretty badass. Curious if you could mount a switch to replace the target?

I will be using optos, my plan is to get that wired up this evening

#59 2 years ago

Wicked awesome mod! I am in love with that scoop. Definitely want to shoehorn that into my homebrew.

I love Iron Maiden but am not too familiar with the scoring of that shot. Does making it a cyclically repeatable shot unbalance the coding at all?

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I love Iron Maiden but am not too familiar with the scoring of that shot. Does making it a cyclically repeatable shot unbalance the coding at all?

That shot spots the X or collects super jackpot in Trooper mb. So I'd say it doesn't unbalance anything, but it's also not going to be worth looping.

#61 2 years ago

add me to the list please.

#62 2 years ago

Ok so here is the latest update.

I got the optos wired up and they are working as they should. You can see in the short video below where they are currently mounted. This now brings me to my next decision.

I have been reaching out and i feel that it is in my best interest to have this ramp made outside of sterns dependency. I am working with a local manufacturer to help me make that happen and keep costs realistic. With that said i think i will take the opportunity to move the optos location to now right infront of the ramp start. This will allow the game to continue to function as normal and not be dependent on you hitting the ramp to score the shot that usually would have just hit the target. I will look to have further updates early next week.

My plan it to order pieces and parts for 30 units. It will be expensive on my end so right now i am looking to see if i will look to ask for a $100 deposit from anyone that is serious on the mod to help offset some of my costs but i am not sure that is the direction i will go yet or not. Any feedback is welcome

#63 2 years ago

Can the ball trap in the lowest part of the wireform, or will it always roll to the end.. i.e. is the wireform a constant downslope? While a ramp shot may always have enough oomph to make it to the end, an airball could land right in the middle of the wireform... if so, will it roll to the exit?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

That shot spots the X or collects super jackpot in Trooper mb. So I'd say it doesn't unbalance anything, but it's also not going to be worth looping.

Yes, the only time it'd ever be lit for something consecutively would be to collect the last X of a set, then the first X of the next set. What this does let you do is pop the mummy ball or upper loop right afterward instead of being out of control.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Can the ball trap in the lowest part of the wireform, or will it always roll to the end.. i.e. is the wireform a constant downslope? While a ramp shot may always have enough oomph to make it to the end, an airball could land right in the middle of the wireform... if so, will it roll to the exit?

Good question and I do have the wire form at a slight slope left to right, I will also be adding another anchor point to ensure there is proper pitch it to prevent any trapped balls

#66 2 years ago

#67 2 years ago

Please add me to the list. I am also willing to do the deposit to help get you going. Let me know the details

#68 2 years ago

Your mod adds some great new flow. I would be in once we know both "Gus" and the new wireform can work together. I'd be curious to see if the view to Gus would be obstructed as well.

#70 2 years ago

Quick question. If you decide to go the custom (not stern) route is it possible you can add a little bend if necessary to provide clearance around Gus?

In my opinion there are a lot of Gus guys who would love your mod as well. I'd be willing to offer $100 to help with this idea.

Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ok so here is the latest update.
I got the optos wired up and they are working as they should. You can see in the short video below where they are currently mounted. This now brings me to my next decision.
I have been reaching out and i feel that it is in my best interest to have this ramp made outside of sterns dependency. I am working with a local manufacturer to help me make that happen and keep costs realistic. With that said i think i will take the opportunity to move the optos location to now right infront of the ramp start. This will allow the game to continue to function as normal and not be dependent on you hitting the ramp to score the shot that usually would have just hit the target. I will look to have further updates early next week.
My plan it to order pieces and parts for 30 units. It will be expensive on my end so right now i am looking to see if i will look to ask for a $100 deposit from anyone that is serious on the mod to help offset some of my costs but i am not sure that is the direction i will go yet or not. Any feedback is welcome

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is there a bare metal ramp option? I wouldn't really want to powder coat my ramps. Cheers.

As long as it’s done properly it won’t effect the performance of the wireform.

#72 2 years ago

it would be nice i it matched the other ramps.imo

#73 2 years ago

Rough Model done now to get quotes going on monday

Quoted from Jamesays:

it would be nice i it matched the other ramps.imo

I would need to get the ramps chromed after fab to match the existing and that is not a process i do not know a vendor for. I could supply bare ramps if someone wanted to get it chromed on their own

#74 2 years ago

Add me if possible

#75 2 years ago

Keep me at my spot!

#76 2 years ago

Model done! Time to get these priced out and rolling!! Last component of the mod i need to secure and will be able to give production timeline and pricing.

76E7047D-096C-4350-8842-46AC97CDE30F (resized).jpeg76E7047D-096C-4350-8842-46AC97CDE30F (resized).jpeg
#77 2 years ago

Please add me to the list, Swoods5688

#78 2 years ago

Ok here is the update.

Price on this Mod will be $475 which includes shipping to continental US priority flat rate. International shipping will be addressed on a case by case. Right now i am looking about 3-4 weeks until I will start to get the custom ramps in, hoping in about 4-6 weeks to start having some runs going out. As time gets closer to start shipping I will start reaching out on my list with a PM looking for confirmation that you are still in and get all your information, your choice of rail color and payment. I have elected to limit this to 50 Pieces as that was a good price break point on the ramps to help keep things affordable.

If for whatever reason you have changed your mind and want off the list please let me know sooner than later. Until then keep flipping.

#79 2 years ago

I'm out, thanks

#80 2 years ago

Well shoot I guess I’m out, very awesome mod I’m sure you will sell lots of them!

#81 2 years ago

How does this mod work with the cyborg Eddie figure on the premium?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How does this mod work with the cyborg Eddie figure on the premium?

D2446044-8B97-4C28-B97F-A1BCED389C91 (resized).jpegD2446044-8B97-4C28-B97F-A1BCED389C91 (resized).jpegDA67181E-D0F3-43FB-887A-F9FCA46BCA13 (resized).jpegDA67181E-D0F3-43FB-887A-F9FCA46BCA13 (resized).jpeg
#83 2 years ago

looks great but Im out too.

#84 2 years ago

Just curious for the guys saying I’m in by now I’m out posts - what is causing the change of minds? Is it the price?

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious for the guys saying I’m in by now I’m out posts - what is causing the change of minds? Is it the price?

Absolutely!

#86 2 years ago

I am sure you have it priced fairly but at around 500.00 it makes you pause .I feel the same about the apron mod.

#87 2 years ago

That’s the entire reason I didn’t say I was in at the beginning. What did you guys think it was going to cost? It’s small production ramp mod, I’m not shocked by the price at all. I’m curious to know what the I’m in and now out crowd thought it would cost.

#88 2 years ago

Yeah cost wise for what this is, I have no problem at all. You have guys 3d printing garbage and asking 300+. Happy to support OP for not just the materials and labor but talent to even think of this. I also absolutely love 180 ramps too.

#89 2 years ago

I totally don't get the pause in the price....I OP stated earlier that the price would come in between $400 and $500, which he did. He's even picking up shipping. For such a small run with where everything is at theses days....I feel the price is spot on. Good luck with the sales OP.

#90 2 years ago

This mod is cool, and is actually a great idea shot wise...but it not being incorporated into the rules doesn't make it worth it for me.

Would it be nice to have the ball feed back to the flipper after making the SJ shot? Sure I guess...

It kinda reminds me of when people first starting adding spinners to MET pro's and wiring them to one of the band member targets...Cool to have spinners to shoot at, but they are not incorporated into the code and part of progressing through the game.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

This mod is cool, and is actually a great idea shot wise...but it not being incorporated into the rules doesn't make it worth it for me.
Would it be nice to have the ball feed back to the flipper after making the SJ shot? Sure I guess...
It kinda reminds me of when people first starting adding spinners to MET pro's and wiring them to one of the band member targets...Cool to have spinners to shoot at, but they are not incorporated into the code and part of progressing through the game.

I get what you are saying about Metallica as that drastically changed the rules, but I don't believe this mod changes much at all. All it really does change is where the ball comes out after making the shot. If Jackpot is lit, you hit the shot and get the jackpot, if you want to shoot it again fine, but I don't believe there is much advantage in making the shot over and over again. I will make controlling the ball easier as letting it roll off the mini flipper to the right flipper is easier than having the ball come out of the dead end which could go a few different directions depending on speed. It also gives you another shot at the multiplier, but again not big changes to the games like the Metallica spinners made. Much more of a flow change for Iron Maiden, IMO.

#92 2 years ago

Out for now, thanks. Price is fine! I applaud your decision to fabricate the ramp to scale up production, but I'd want some feedback from other owners that have installed it before committing to purchase.

#93 2 years ago

I also need to remove my name from the list. I don't think your price is out of line, but I mentally was expecting something closer to 300. I am sure you will sell however many of these you end up making!

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I also need to remove my name from the list. I don't think your price is out of line, but I mentally was expecting something closer to 300. I am sure you will sell however many of these you end up making!

So the OP states it”s going to be between $400-500 in his first post and you mentally were expecting it to be around $300. Man I’d hate to be your realtor in this housing market

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

So the OP states is going to be between $400-500 in his first post and you mentally were expecting it to be around $300. Man I’d hate to be your realtor in this housing market

Clearly I glossed over that little detail... for some reason I thought originally that the post was made without mention of expected price. My bad!

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Love having spinners on my MET pro along with the bass rip out of my external sub from being tied to the pic. IMO the fun outshines the code issue.

For me bashing gus and then to a 180 followed up by a loop should be a blast. It's all subjective.

#97 2 years ago

Im in on this Mod!!!!

Pinbalt

#98 2 years ago

I posted as interested in the main IM thread but just found thread too. Im still interested. Thanks!

#99 2 years ago

Im in if there is a spot available

#100 2 years ago

Updated List as of this post. Reminder I am only making 50 of these and price is $475 which includes Continental US shipping all other country shipping charges will be addressed at time of shipping.

1 Yesh23
2 Scott8806
3 SR230CC
4 NightTrain
5 Delt31
6 Eagle14
7 Pinwillie
8 Jecco74
9 Tigzzz
10 Schinny
11 Otto110
12 Arkin
13 ZMeny
14 JPD632
15 thewool
16 dgposter (pending Gus mod)
17 Tktlwyr
18 PinDescabarian
19 Pinb1
20 TomSS20
21 Hertig
22 dzmechanical
23 toddmann
24 ElliottSC
25 Smokingjoe73
26 ggoehmann
27 digitaldocc (pending Gus mod)
28 modfather
29 silen7ce
30 Alaskanzen
31 Xeneize
32 PinBalt
33 MarklarD
34 DerGoetz
35 Victor
36 orion31
37 Ckorth

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-180-degree-ramp-mod/page/2?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.