• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3aa451ab41b0ba646da088139577e31d (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Iron Maiden 1.01 code update is out!

#2 5 years ago

changelog for the lazy (apparently you need a cite attribute in a blockquote to allow it to be expandable...

Quoted from Syco54645:

V1.01.0 - June 20, 2018
=======================
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where draining while loop jackpots hasn't timed down yet causes no big loops to be registered for the rest of the game for all players
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where when loop jackpots are lit and ball jumps the right up post you are no longer awarded 2 loop jackpots
- Mystery Award - 3M points award changed to 5M
- Mystery Award - 5M points award changed to 10M
- Mystery Award - 250K power jackpot boost changed to 1M
- Mystery Award - 1M power jackpot boost changed to 3M
- Mystery Award - 5M power jackpot boost changed to 6M
- Mystery Award - Level 3 award added 'Spot Soul Shard' which can be awarded once after completing 2 mins to midnight
- Tomb Award - add number of possible tomb awards to the tomb award title (Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure #n / 10)
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- All Mode Grace Periods - grace period shots are now still available if you do not qualify for soul shard
- Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the wrong icons on the LCD changing to solid when those shot types were hit on the playfield
- Cyborg Multiball - icon layout on the LCD now matches the playfield inserts
- Number of the Beast - add sound effect on total screen for total reveal
- Sound / Speaker Test - added all music and speech to test
- Enter Initials - can now skip display of all high score awards by pressing both flipper buttons
- High Score Tables - change 'Supersling Champion' from hit based to score based numbers
- High Score Tables - change '? Master' to say 'Hits' instead of 'Combos'
- High Score Tables - screen optimized to fit better into memory
- Topper - added topper light shows
- Competition Mode does not alter TILT DEBOUNCE time from default 1000ms
- Improved font drawing performance

- System - Updated to V2.04
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL.
Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has
been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle for at least 15
minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be
postponed by pressing both flipper buttons, inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated 'TILT DEBOUNCE' minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'SUPERSLING CHAMPION' - to reflect scores instead of sling hits
- removed 'SONG SELECT TIMEOUT'
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'
- removed 'START MADNESS MODE'

#3 5 years ago

"- Topper - added topper light shows"

MUST BE COMING SOON....

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

"- Topper - added topper light shows"
MUST BE COMING SOON....

Perhaps they will release it before they do a Star Wars topper.

#5 5 years ago

Code team is crushing it for IMDN.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code team is crushing it for IMDN.

No doubt. When these Tasmanian Devils get done with Maiden they should sick em on some of the ones overdue.

#8 5 years ago

Wait.... added MORE secret skill shots?!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle for at least 15 minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be postponed by pressing both flipper buttons, inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.

PinMonk should be happy now

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

vireland should be happy now

PinMonk is impossible to please.

#11 5 years ago

How many ohm are the LE speakers? Does this fix the clipping issue?

#12 5 years ago

Attempting my 1st code update...
When I first download update from Stern, it wants to know where to save it to. None of the options on my pc seem relevant (iTunes, abc media player, notepad, internet explorer, etc....)
I also just downloaded newest ACDC code and went straight to a BIN file, which I'm guessing, is the Crafty File Viewer I have to unzip files.
Why won't Iron Maiden let me move it to a BIN file? Been screaming for a fucking hour.

#13 5 years ago

These need downloaded, then unzipped, before sending to USB...correct?

#14 5 years ago

Don't wanna clog up this thread with my problems. If any of ya would be kind enough to walk me through this via pm I'd be eternally grateful.

#15 5 years ago

Well.. This stinks I just upgraded to 1.0 yesterday... Guess I will upgrade to 1.01 tomorrow. And no man.
The file from stern is unzipped already. At least was for me when I downloaded it from their site. You just put that file in the root file of your usb and then plug it into the unit.
Really simple. Takes about 10-15 minutes to do. Then you remove the USB, and powercycle the device.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These need downloaded, then unzipped, before sending to USB...correct?

They're not zipped anymore because people were having trouble with large zips getting corrupted on Win7's built in unzipper. Just save the spk file somewhere then copy it to the root directory of a FAT-32 formatted USB thumb drive.

Instructions are at the top of the readme with the update:
Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy only the spk file to the root level of a USB stick.
3 - Power game off.
4 - Insert USB stick.
5 - Turn on game.
6 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update.
7 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
8 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#17 5 years ago

Thanks guys...that clears up A LOT.

#18 5 years ago

Success!
I won't mention that my wife said something about if there's no zipper there, it doesn't need unzipped, because you guys told me first lol.
VIOLENT STEVE WTF HAPPENED??? OH NO'S!!!

#19 5 years ago

3aa451ab41b0ba646da088139577e31d (resized).jpg3aa451ab41b0ba646da088139577e31d (resized).jpg
Well dog my cats just played a game at 36 then 39 volume and NO CLIPPING!!!
HARRE RU RAH!
Music attenuation: -50
Speech attenuation: 5
Bass: 90
Treble: 80
Bout the same as I had before. I can immediately tell there's less bass. Don't care.
Gonna keep goin up, find the point break on this bitch. Happy as hell....at 35 it was clipping up till now.

#20 5 years ago

At 42...no clipping. At 45...slight but MUCH lessened and limited to a few sound fx...pops and the thunder stood out.
So not completely gone but wowsers did KMFE and squad make a VAST improvement in the audio mix dept. Way to look out for us Keef GRACIAS!

#21 5 years ago

Treble a little much at 80. Trying 70.

#22 5 years ago

LE has car speakers which are 4 ohm. You have to change it in the settings from 8 to 4 ohm.

#23 5 years ago

Installed

#24 5 years ago

Okay, I something is wrong. I have a flash drive formatted correctly, nothing is on it, and I'm trying to upload both the new update (and I just used pinball browser to change my songs yet again) So don't I just copy the .dat and .spk file to the drive, plug her in and run it? And I tried with just the.spk file and NOT loading the .dat file and that did the same thing. Keep getting an unpack error. And I've done quick and full setup. Any suggestions?

#25 5 years ago

Got my game yesterday and code today?

What a kick ass first weekend of summer!!!
Yeasss!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, I something is wrong. I have a flash drive formatted correctly, nothing is on it, and I'm trying to upload both the new update (and I just used pinball browser to change my songs yet again) So don't I just copy the .dat and .spk file to the drive, plug her in and run it? And I tried with just the.spk file and NOT loading the .dat file and that did the same thing. Keep getting an unpack error. And I've done quick and full setup. Any suggestions?

Have you tried loading the .spk file unedited (without changing the songs)?

#27 5 years ago

Question.... When loading a file if I try to do the full install it comes up file not supported, if I do a quick install it loads.

Is this the way it should be . On a quick install it loads in about 10 seconds. All scores are rest and it boots with new version #.....

Is this correct ?

#28 5 years ago

I notice with the new code that the gi blinks when you are in the super sling mode and the slings are hit. I didn’t notice that before under previous code. Is this supposed to occur?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I notice with the new code that the gi blinks when you are in the super sling mode and the slings are hit. I didn’t notice that before under previous code. Is this supposed to occur?

Seems intentional. And sounds cool.

Can’t believe there are more skill shots, that’s fantastic.

Stern knocked it out of the park with maiden and now it’s like they sent a team outside the stadium to keep hitting the ball even further from home plate.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine does it also, but I didn't notice if 1.0 did it either. It is a really cool effect, gives some weight to super slings hits. Whole game is just full of cool details like that.

#31 5 years ago

cscmtp--try selecting the first update selection choice instead of immediately scrolling through to the full update. It should then pull up a menu that allows you to toggle from quick update to full update. Select full update, and see if that works. When I first tried the update, I toggled immediately to full update received the same error message you reported above. Hope this makes sense and good luck...

2 weeks later
#32 5 years ago

Asked in another thread but thought its worth trying here, is there enough new stuff from 1.01 to 1.02 to make it worth updating? I don't want to lose all the songs I changed in pinball browser unless its really worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-101?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.