2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 617 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CIPM (resized).jpg
Ramp Switch (resized).png
iron-maiden-pinball-egyptian-archway-1_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

1.06 is out so I just brought 1.05 forward and will take off any bugs in 1.05 that are fixed. This thread is for the bugs you've found in Iron Maiden 1.06. I'll keep the OP updated with all bugs noted in the thread so Stern can have a nice all-in-one-place list for their reference.

If you report a bug in the thread, please note if it's the [Pro] or [Prem/LE].
V1.06.0 - January 9, 2019
===========================
- Attract Mode - added Legacy of the Beast 2019 tour dates
- Revive - 'advance revive' is now lit when you don't have both outlane saves lit
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where EDDIE letters could be lost between first ball and second ball in a multiplayer game
- Drop Targets - progress towards 'light lock' is restored if it was skipped because trooper locks could not be lit from other running modes
- Flight of Icarus - changed starting award to 2M and increment by 150K (was starting at 1M and increment by 250K)
- Eddie Cards - collecting level 1 - boosts power jackpot 5M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - boosts power jackpot 15M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - now shows display effect with current EDDIE card status (used to just be a callout)
- Two Minutes to Midnight - intro now displays all shot awards and their values in a sorted list
- Timed Battle Modes - "Add Time" Mystery award is not available anymore in grace (it will choose a different eligible mystery award)
- Loop Jackpots - added new flasher lamp effect when awarded
- Soul Shard - added new background / collected lamp effects
- Danger / Tilt - graphics now updated to use nuke console / mushroom cloud videos
- Audits - fixed Rime of the Ancient Mariner audits that were not chalking properly
- Audits - fixed left / right drains in system audits

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior
- added 'TOUR DATES IN ATTRACT MODE' - defaults to YES
- moved 'PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS' from GAME to STANDARD adjustment menus

- System - Updated to V2.19
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added new standard adjustment "PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS" which is default to YES.
- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing start button,
using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and minimum
and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable volume range
from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers
a credit
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit. Adding multiple credits
simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments:
- "FLASH LAMP POWER"
- "COIL PULSE POWER"
- "BILL VALIDATOR"
- "TEAM SCORES"
- "CONSOLATION BALL".
- Removed Standard Adjustments:
- "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE"
- "COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
- "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER"
from games which do not have a coin door interlock switch.

V1.05.0 - September 7, 2018
===========================
- Pharaoh Award - increased scoring for each ring of the bullseye target from 150K, 300K, 450K to 500K, 1M, 2M
- Aces High - fixed an issue where draining out of the mode during the bomber phase would result in the bullseye flashing non stop until the next Aces High start.
- Speech - added a few more callouts
- Custom Message - show every time through the attract loop instead of every 10th time through, increase duration from 2 to 3 seconds

- System - Updated to V2.10
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

==================================

BUGS REMAINING:
-----------------------------------------

- 1 - [ALL] Game becomes unresponsive or locks up after 2-3 days if left on 24/7. EDIT: Now can happen in less than 2 days with 1.00. Version 1.01 added a maintenance reboot every two days, but the lockup bug in the game remains as of 1.06, with scheduled reboots daily to stop the lockups. The core problem/memory leak needs to be addressed in the code.
- 2 - [Pro] [CONFIRMED STILL IN 1.04] If service credits are added rapidly while the bonus is being counted at the end of a ball, sometimes there is no music for the next ball until a mode starts.
- 3 - [Prem/LE] After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think a free Cyborg start is intended in that instance.
- 4 - [Prem/LE] When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open. See post #43 for more detail.
- 5 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed still in 1.04 - rare] Playing with Icarus or Hallowed going (don't remember which), stacked with Mummy Multiball. Hit one ramp, only had to hit the other ramp to qualify 3 ball multiball for Mummy, lost a ball just as I hit the orb, which kicked out an add a ball. Hit the other ramp to complete the initial mummy multiball qualification and should have given me the third mummy multiball, but no ball was gained, so it stayed 2 balls for the whole rest of the mode. This happened on a Pro in 1.04 with a Icarus mode stare, mummy stack, then two ramps qualified and no 3rd ball happened.
- 6 - [All Still in 1.06] Game repeating the command to shoot up the middle while entering my high score initials. Something is definitely wacky there. I've also seen it say "Showtime" and "Shoot the Pharaoh Target" in the match sequence. Needs to shut down all game callouts once it gets to the match screen.
- 7 - [Pro 1.02] Playing Iron maiden, made it to Number of the Beast. Got the beast's health down to zero, then flippers died like they should but the game just kept ball searching - I had turn it off.
- 8 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed Still in 1.04] The post for mummy lock does not freeze the loop jackpot timers, so you can lose a good 5 seconds off your loop jackpot timer if you light the sarcophagus lock, then hit the center ramp with the green arrow while the loop jackpot timers are lit. If your loop jackpot timer is within 5 or so seconds of ending, hitting that center ramp and triggering the post will snuff the loop jackpot timer because the timer keeps running even while the post is up and the ball is not in play.
- 9 - [All 1.03][Confirmed half-assed fixed in 1.05 - now it interrupts the animation and starts multiball as soon as you change the volume and drops the ball(s) already in lock. This is not a proper fix.] If you crank up the volume with STERN'S SPIKE 2 EXTERNAL VOLUME CONTROLLER (sold separately) during the trooper multiball animation, it will release the locked ball and not shoot the other balls into play and continue trooper as a 1 ball multiball. This is a continuation of a system-level (Lonnie!?!) bug since at LEAST Spiderman where if you change volume setting using the Stern External controller with a ball locked during a game animation it'll cancel the animation and resume play. Happens on SM, SW, TWD, IMDN, etc
- 10 - [Pro 1.04] Tomb treasure was lit. Did a 5-way combo, ending with the tomb treasure right orbit as the 5th shot. It gave me the 5-way combo guitar animation and took away the tomb treasure light, but the post didn't stop the ball and give me the treasure award animation like it should have even though the treasure was awarded.
- 11 - [All 1.04][STILL A VERIFIED BUG in 1.06] The high score screen progression in attract mode is missing a screen as it goes forward. If you run it regularly forward, the Hallowed Be Thy Name Escape Artist screen that should be between the Icarus Champion and Aces High screens is missing. However if you go BACKWARDS through the list with the left flipper, it's there. Check the progression of screens in the forward direction so all the screens are there in both directions. In 1.05 it was ALMOST fixed. If you let the screens go forward at normal speed, the screen is there. HOWEVER, if you advance (fast forward) the screens using the right flipper button, the screen is still missing. It's there in the reverse (left flipper) fast forward, though. In 1.06 NOTHING WAS DONE for this EASY bug.
- 12 - [Pro 1.05] While looking at status info (with a ball trapped on flipper) Replay value actually shows current bonus value.
- 13 - [All] Mystery award audits seem to be off by at least 15-20%.
- 14 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed Still in 1.05] The timing for ball ending score add-up is messed up if the "POWER JACKPOT INCREASED" or the "BATTLE IS LIT/SHOOT THE PHARAOH" messages comes on screen just as the ball drains. Takes a good 6-8 seconds for that screen to clear so the game can go into end of ball when that happens.
- 15 - [Pro 1.05] Had another weird one. Got a super loop jackpot for like 15 million then hit the right orbit, which was flashing green and red (trooper lock and treasure?). It locked the ball, got that animation, but did NOT get the treasure and it never let the lock post down, despite shaking, jiggling, bouncing the machine to loosen the post if it was stuck. Had to wait for ball search to release the ball.
- 16 - Icarus timers can freeze, leaving you in the mode. See post here for details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/9#post-4709888
- 17 - [All Verified in 1.05] REVIVE is still buggy within the mode start ball save period. In a mode (Aces High, but can't remember). Revive was active on both outlanes, and the ball save was also active because it was the start of the mode. The ball went down one of the outlanes, and the callout indicated the ball was being returned, lost the lit Revive.
- 18 - [Pro 1.05] If you have 2 balls locked and pharaoh tomb award is lit and you shoot the right orbit to both collect the tomb award and start multiball, the game freaks out for a bit and doesn’t know what to do. Eventually it releases the call and throws the other 2 into play.
- 19 - [Prem/LE 1.06] <Report1>During a trooper multi ball auto plunge, I soft plunged the third ball (2nd of the auto plunges) to try and hit the skill shot target. Accidentally plunged it to the left outlane instead (like a super secret skill shot). Game kicked out a replacement third ball...and then gave me the ball back from the outlane, so started trooper with 4 balls. Hit the cannon shot for a 5th. When I went back to 1 ball, it didn't go to bonus. <Report2>Yeah, there's definitely a bug in 1.06 related to that as I had something similar happen. Details are sketchy for me, but I was in a mode (Trooper I think but can't guarantee it). A ball auto-launched, and went out the left drain while Revive was active. I paid attention to see if I'd lose my Revive even though the timer was still on for free balls -- I was happy to see that Revive stayed lit, but then two balls launched instead of one.
- 20 -[Pro 1.06] added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior
For aces high; it does do just as this readme file states. However, if you change the setting to NO, it does not revert to the old behavior. Instead, it doesn’t use either of the up posts.
- 21 - [Pro 1.05, still in 1.06] In Cyborg Multiball:
-Have outlane revives lit
-Light cyborg jackpot
-Drain the extra balls in play
-A 10 second countdown starts to collect the jackpot
-Drain down an outlane and get revived
-Another countdown starts and plays concurrently with the one that was already running. Eg: 10, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1...
- 22 - [All 1.06] Set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In B/W games that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. Should knock once for each credit awarded.
- 23 - [Pro 1.06] Had the Trooper lock qualified so the arrows were flashing green. Hit the center ramp to start Fear of the Dark, as soon as the ball released hit the upper loop with the small purple arrow to get the party started right away. Dropped the ball to the left flipper to make the right ramp shot to double the spinner and missed, hitting the right orbit instead. Post came up, but machine stopped doing anything. It didn't give the ball locked animation and did not release the ball so I could continue Fear of the Dark until ball search released the post. Then a little bit later I got the lock animation from before while I was playing the rest of Fear of the Dark. Definite bug.
- 24 - [Pro 1.06] Had just entered my highscore initials, and rather quickly after that went into the service menu. Background music kept on playing.
- 25 - [Premium 1.06] On 1.06 with a Premium, the game got confused during the first Mummy Multiball and started doing weird things like lighting the Mummy lights out of order. Like MY and U were lit, but the first and third Ms were NOT lit, then when I qualified a letter, the M in the 3rd position lit. Never seen behavior like this before, but it may have been related to the machine seeming to be confused when this mummy multiball started.
- 26 - [Still a problem in 1.06, resurrected from "fixed" list] Changing the volume mid-game can make it go silent until the next ball.

NOT A BUG BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- [All 1.04] Add EDDIE letters needing completion to the main screen, similar to the way the REVIVE icon works. Sometimes if a lot is going on, there's a long lag before you can see the EDDIE screen again to know where you are. The prompt to hit the white arrows in 1.03 is okay, but if you know you need to do that already, it still doesn't tell you how many letters are left if other things are going on (like the REVIVE icon does).
- [Pro 1.02] When you TILT, the on-screen devil is blabbing away in silence until the laughter catches up out of sync. This needs to be synced or just have the devil's mouth not move on-screen. Also, the "TILT" message is kind of boring. It would also be cooler if the Devil had a selection of sick burns to taunt you for tilting. He could also do bad things like pluck the wings off fairies and/or throw mewing kittens into the fire because you TILTed, making the player feel worse.
- The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some asshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.
- Flasher in the upper left pop bumper should be re-programmed so it works like Magneto's spotlight/flasher on X-Men. Pulse it quickly in software to make it behave like a light normally, then give it full power when you want it to work like a flasher. This works great in X-MEN with LED flashers (confirmed when the bulb was replaced), so it should be done on Maiden, too.

WISHLIST ITEMS:
- OS-level check before flashing to prevent Pro code from accidentally being flashed on a Prem/LE and vice-versa.
- It would be cool if, when you use one revive (ball drains right or left), you could lane change the revive you have left.
- Chained Skill Shots should be a thing for a player's machine like this. Chaining multiple shots in a row at the beginning of the ball increases the skill shot award. Something like Dialed In does where you make the skill shot, then when it ejects, if you immediately hit the ramp, you get a super skill shot award. Make it 2, 3 or even 4 shots deep. If you can make the precise shots in succession without hitting anything else, and in a short time, you should be rewarded well, and it would be very satisfying.
- Timed pricing. Pool tables have this, why doesn't pinball? Have pricing automatically adjust up or down at different times of the day/week.
- Would be nice to have a special bonus or score if you catch the ball and immediately smack the ball back into the under-ramp scoop during the Rime hurryup at the beginning before the 1 million even begins counding down on Prem/LEs (pro doesn't have the ramp flap).
- There's a "Holy Smoke" callout by the devil in the game. It'd be funnier to have him exclaim "Unholy Smoke!"
- It would be nice to have a callout for the amount of the power jackpot. Sometimes it's too hectic to look up and I know I collected it, but knowing how much it was without looking up would be awesome. You'd only have to record 1-19, then 10, 20, 30...up to 90 and the word "million" and the software could put together the clips up to 99 million. Then if you exceed 100 million, there could just be one clip for "100 Plus Million!"
- Why is there no intro for the pin's story (which is lined up with the iOS game) in the attract mode? Something that puts you in the world. After a defeat the hero Eddie has to collect his soul shards to fight again the beast. He got help from the clairvoant. They could use most of the trailer for the handheld game (see post #343 for link to youtube video of this trailer)
- Drop Target bank reset coil could use a strength adjustment. As it is now, it's using WAY more force than needed.
- Audible countdown for the last 5 seconds of Soul Shard hurryup would be helpful
- Add Team Scores to the features
- On the beginning of the attract mode loop, it would be nice to have a v1.00 (or whatever the version is) displayed in the bottom center of the screen so players on location know what version is installed without rebooting to find out.
- Make machine gun hit effects with the shaker motor in Aces High mode.
- Add jukebox mode like AC/DC has for attract mode
- Float most-used system menu categories to the top, so the things you access the most end up first in each section so less button presses are required to get tech reports, for example.
- Get rid of the counter-intuitive "attenuation" scheme for volume levels and move to a simple volume control for music, speech, and effects that can be turned to ZERO. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.
- Instead of a boring "Player 1, Player 2," etc for player tags at the bottom of the screen, it could grab names from a list of potential player tags like Rocker 1, Headbanger 2, Thrasher 3, etc. Lots of possibilities to grab from: Rocker, Poseur, Poser, Mosher, Headbanger, Freak, Metalhead, Thrasher, Reaper, Rockstar, Wannabe, Alcoholic, Grinder, Metal Fan, Pinhead, Victim, Fan...
- [Prem/LE] Underworld dunk: You shoot the ball immediately back into the ramp hole before the ramp has a chance to close. Gravestone target award would be good here.
- Make the sacophagus lock flasher (under the PF facing up through the mech) pulsate when a ball is being loaded into it. Basically start pulsating when a ball is detected at the "gate" until it's been loaded and the mech has returned to level. Let's throw some attention/light onto the cool stuff!
- Add more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc.
- It doesn't say "Up the Irons" when you get a high score anymore? Can we have that back?
- Different replay animation that is more fitting for game theme. This one looks like its from the matrix.
- Add back the system option to keep the same song for the whole game (don't re-ask per ball)
- Profiles for game settings so one machine adjustment set can be saved under a name, and selecting that name changes all the settings to the ones specified under that set name. Profile 1 - Tournament settings, Profile 2 - Free Play day, kids and rookies, Profile 3 - 2 for 1 day, Profile 4 - Other route location
- More of a Metal-looking, less generic font, at least for the large text. Here's a comparison of existing font to a more metal-attitude font:
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

--------------------------------------------
FIXED BUGS / ADDRESSED ISSUE & WISHLIST ITEMS:

[Fixed 1.01] - [All] Potential looping bug where the left loop stops advancing or registering, even after draining and a new ball. See post #52 for more details.
[Fixed 1.01] - [Pro] Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default. Likely because Can I play with Madness that adjusts doesn't exist on the Pro.
[Addressed 1.01] - A little looser timing on end-of-mode grace periods. That mode summary screen comes up WAY too quickly now.
[Addressed 1.01] - Allow start button (new game start) or flippers to skip the mode highscore screens. Especially after a new update wipes the scroes clean, initial games can give highscores for multiple modes. After entering initials it'll show the high scores achieved for each of the modes. This needs to be skippable or bypassed with Start to just start another game. Watching this should not be forced like it is now.
[Fixed 1.02] - [Pro] Trooper Multiball happens, but it's running with a single ball. Post #12 in this thread details the conditions this happened (which seem like they should be the ones that give you a 4 ball trooper multiball).
[Fixed 1.02] [All] Formatting error. If you have a partial credit (1/2, 3/4, etc) it spills over the on-screen container at the top that displays Ball # and Credits.
[Addressed 1.02] - Auto-launch time option for up to 5 minutes. 0-60 seconds, then jump to 300 seconds for the last choice.
[Addressed 1.02] - [Prem/LE] Sarcophagus sneak: You shoot the sarcophagus lock ramp when lock is lit before the diverter opens fully, or you shoot the ramp when the diverter is fully open but soft enough that it doesn't lock and rides the full ramp instead. This one is far more difficult to achieve, so maybe an extra ramp hit toward super ramps and/or maybe an eddie letter? (Dirty pool callout added)
[Addressed 1.02] - Secret Skill shots should be OFF when Tournament mode is selected
[Addressed 1.02] - Secret Skill shot point distributions need to be evened out so the bonus is commensurate with difficulty.
[Addressed 1.02] - Timing on beginning of Trooper Multiball is off. If you drain after it starts (the long intro animation and blue shots lit) but before it starts launching the extra balls, it will never launch the rest of the balls and the ball just ends.
[Fixed 1.04] Modes are being started while in The Trooper multiball with 1.03. This is new behavior, seen with Rime, Fear, and Icarus modes so far. Is this a bug or a feature? Formerly mode access was shut off if you weren't already in one when The Trooper started.
[Partially addressed in 1.04, default is now 225] - Likewise the trough eject is really way too hard at the default of 255. Factory should be around 180-200 so it doesn't beat the machine to death.
[Fixed 1.04] If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, the next ball starts with the song at a lower volume, so maybe it's losing or changing the attenuation settings ball to ball?
[Fixed 1.04] If you start a 2 player game and on the second player ball, when scrolling thru the song list before launching the ball, it will abruptly go into ball search and launch the ball into play.
[Fixed 1.04] If you add a player to the game while starting Trooper-Multiball, it limits Trooper to a single ball multiball
[Fixed 1.04] Diagnostics have the number wrong for Shooter Lane switch. Tech alert reports it as SW #14, but manual says SW 22.
[Fixed 1.04] 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off (lost them) but the balls never came back to the playfield. Confirmed (1.02) in level 2 Trooper Multiball (Green Arrows). Lost two balls left and right with revive lit on both and didn't get them back. This has been reported on Mummy Multiball, too.
[Fixed 1.04] Changing the volume mid-game can make it go silent.
[Fixed 1.04] Updated my LE yesterday the knock is totally faded. Just a "prrrt" sound instead of a loud knock. All other sounds are fine. Bass is set to 110 on this machine.
[Fixed 1.06] Audits need some serious attention. Going through my audits as I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05, and I noticed it said I only have 11 left drains, 12 right drains, and 669 center drains? Unless I'm misunderstanding what a left/right drain is, that seems way off? I seem to lose balls on the left/right drains way more commonly than I do down the center, and the idea of only 11/12 is laughable. Also in 1.05 Audits 94-96, relating to Rime all read zero.
[SEEMS fixed in 1.06] [All 1.03/1.04] Coil strength for slings was changed from 1.02 so now even a properly gapped sling switch will often multi-fire or machine-gun until the gaps in the switches are made comically wide, or the coil strength is turned down in the new settings. The debounce and/or default coil strength in the settings needs to be reduced so it behaves more like 1.02.
[Root problem seems fixed in 1.06, so no need for this anymore] - [All 1.03] 1.03 defaults for sling strength should be around 20-25. At 32 they are too hard and tend to make the switches re-close and the slings machine-gun.
[Addressed 1.06 - changed to 2MTM screen]- [All] On a related note, the TILT warning visuals need work. Just the word DANGER on a black screen is pretty low-effort.
--------------------------------------------
ONE TIME BUGS / NON-REPEATABLE, NOT ADDRESSED:

- [All] Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.
- [LE 1.02?] Was playing a LE on location. Played like 3-4 games. Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game with 298M without getting a replay credit for that game. There may be a bug in the replay awards when the dynamic score threshold is increased in successive games.
- [Pro 1.02] At the end of fear of the Dark, the ball drained and something happened so the screen went nuts in a weird Fear of the Dark attract mode with the screen glitching like crazy. Video linked in post #248 here.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It would be nice if the LCD said which Sarcophagus lock # you are on. It's kind of confusing when a lock happens and how many are actually locked. Maybe even put "Lock 2 more for multiball" "Lock 1 more lock for multiball" or whatever.
Also, a couple of times the shooter lane music loop keeps playing for the entire duration of the ball in play

I thought the sarcophagus lock was just to qualify the MUMMY lights so you can activate Mummy Multiball? On the Premium/LE you load the ball into the captive ball, then qualify the MUMMY lettering to advance to Mummy Multiball. On the Pro, you just qualify by lighting MUMMY then hitting the center Ramp to qualify the MUMMY lettering. MUMMY Multiball is always a 2 ball multiball with add-a-ball options.

Is that what you're talking about? Or did I misunderstand?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The music doesn't just cut out when you add service credits - it cuts out when you adjust the volume mid-game, too.
Also, I wouldnt get your hopes up for a font change. That's the typeface they use across all of the Legacy of the Beast branding.

Added the volume change bug, too. Was that a Pro or a Prem/LE? I just listed it as "all".

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

It was done on a Pro.

Thanks, updated the OP.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

I've seen two things on my LE since upgrading.
1. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but feels unintended: After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think they want a free Cyborg start in that instance.
2. Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.

I've seen #2 on the Pro, but forgot about it until you mentioned it. Added both to the OP, thanks!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Posted this on Tilt Forums, but I'll also post here.
1.0 Pro
I had a single ball trooper multiball. Here are the steps that I think can recreate this state.:
- have mummy multiball ready
- have third lock lit for trooper multiball
- graze captive ball to start mummy and collect third trooper lock simultaneously.
This will start a single ball trooper multiball. No additional balls are launched into play. You are stuck in this multiball mode until you drain your single

That setup is supposed to give you a 4 ball trooper multiball, but I've had it give me a single ball trooper, too.

Thanks for the writeup. I've added it to the OP.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just upgraded to 1.0 today (Prem/LE), and played a few games. Two different times I made a shot to load a ball into Trooper multiball lock, and it killed the power to the flippers. Going to try and manually recreate it now to see if I can determine what is causing that.

Did the power come back once the "Ball Locked" animation was over? I haven't heard of anyone with this issue yet, but if it's on purpose in 1.00 on the Prem/LE, it's a terrible idea because sometimes the posts don't get the ball and you have a ball loose while the "Ball Locked" animation is playing. That would be a disaster with dead flippers.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Sorry, but this is just bitching rather than a "bug".
It is not an intended purpose of the machine.
When playing the game, you should be playing the game, not trying to add service credits and adjust volume.
They have the music play during volume adjustment anyway, and if you have a key, put it on free play!!
I mean come on, you're clogging a bug thread with crap that is just not relevant.

Relevant to you or not, it is a bug. That's not expected behavior. They can choose to fix it or not, but it's documented.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes came back. I’ve been having multiple issues all day with this game...spitting out multiple balls in the shooter lane, multi ball going and I hit an upper target (don’t know which one) and it ends the ball). I don’t know what is going on. I checked switches, reseated connectors, looked for broken wires... can’t find what is causing these issues. It’s almost as if a target and the ball drain switch are confused.

Sounds like your ball trough optos are intermittent or not working right (or you have too many balls loaded in the game). Have you cycled through clearing the ball trough a few times from the menu? That shows what balls it thinks are in the trough as it cycles through. If it disagrees with reality, start debugging there.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

LE/premium code: When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open.

Thanks, added to the OP!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes manually plunged the balls out of the trough and went into switch test mode. Rolled them back in one at a time to make sure each switch got triggered. They did.

If you leave the ball trough loaded and go into the clear ball trough mode but do not unload balls, if you hit the playfield with the palm of your hand near the flippers to create vibration, to any of the ball indicators flicker (showing intermittent opto)?

If that doesn't do it, this is probably more for the tech section. I'd make a post in that section to continue.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I wish we had a simple music volume control that goes all the way down to OFF. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.

Yeah, I don't understand the stupid, counter-intuitive "attenuation" settings, either. I'll add this to the wishlist. I'd like to see it, too.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Wishlist - skip the mode highscore screens with flipper buttons or let the player already start a new game.
Especially now with new update the first games I play give me highscores for multiple modes.. after entering my initials it'll show for each of the modes what score I had. I can't skip this - flipper buttons or start buttons don't work ? I don't want to know and wait, I just want to play another game.
Or is there a setting I'm not aware of ?

I agree - I hate that I can't just start another game right away. Added to the OP.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Wish - a new replay animation. This one looks like its drom the matrix.

Agreed that it does seem out of place. Added to OP wishlist.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default.
Would be nice if someone can confirm this anyway. I did it once and don’t plan to try again

What adjustment is that, and how soon does it reboot? I'll try it if it's an instant thing just to verify it's not your machine alone.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s for the new can I play with madness mode which doesn’t exist in the pro. So I assume that’s why it barfs when you make the adjustment. And it’s instant.

Got it. Added to the OP, thanks.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not sure if this has happened or not on other games, but on ocassion the ball will jump the rail at the very end of its path And right into the drain on that left ramp.
It would be nice if the code could recognize that you just hit that ramp and the next switch was a drain, even if it was just a five second recognition.
On aces high, at the very beginning of the mode as a ball is being fed, I’ve hit that loop with the other ball and it won’t credit the shot, I’ve also hit it consecutively with the ball being fed, so two shots to it and it still hasn’t registered, in other words, it takes a few seconds while the second ball is on the playiekd before you can get that shot to register.

The ball jumping the ramp rails is being discussed in the issues thread. Doesn't need a software fix, just some hardware tweaking.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Just had a single ball trooper multiball different from the one on the list already. For mine the right orbit was lit for a tomb award (Pro) and also the 3rd lock. Hitting the shot gave the tomb award and went into trooper but never launched any more balls. I also drained moments later and didn’t get a ball save even. Very disappointing ball 3 to say the least.

Did it start the Trooper animation? I've had it do this and lose the ball while the trooper animation is playing and it never finishes starting the multiball, ball just ends.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Yes the trooper animation started, blue shoots lit, but drained almost instantly after starting it.

Yeah, I think that's a bug. I've had it happen too. You start The Trooper, the long intro animation starts and you drain the ball before it starts launching balls and it never launches the rest of the balls.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Wishlist item: add EDDIE letters needing completion to the main screen, similar to the way REVIVE is done.
I think there is space in the upper right corner. I think they are using the lcd screen great with all the info on it, but sometimes you don’t have a chance to see how many letters are left as you make one of the shots and this would help out.

Totally agree on this one. Added.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'm not sure how this is happening, but twice now after ball 2 I've had the game automatically end and restart the score to 0 and ball 1. This is in the current code for an LE. Both times I had 500 million plus and at least 4 modes completed, plus trooper multiball, plus mummy multiball, plus cyborg multiball. Never happened before on previous codes and I'm not quite sure the exact conditions that are leading to this to happen but will attempt to recreate it later this week.

If you can at least give a general idea of what mode(s) you're playing when it happens I can add it to the bugs. Without at least some clue where the team should look, it's not enough to add to the bugs.

#75 2 years ago

If the game has partial credits (1/2, 1/4, 3/4, etc), the fraction spills out of the box on top during the game that shows what ball you're on and how many credits you have.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I know sure Flight of Icarus, Hallowed Be Thu Name, and Fear of the Dark were 3 of the modes. Not sure on what the 4th one was or what sequential order they were played in.

100% positive it’s not the start button.
_________
Something else that is now happening that I don’t know whether to call a bug or if I’m having a malfunction on my end....
Whenever the sarcophagus opens and the first mode is lit, if I hit the sarcophagus the ball will do its normal thing and go to the mummy captive ball area. A ball doesn’t auto launch after wards and instead a ball search occurs. The ball from the mummy will be feed back into the middle ramp starting the mode. Sarcophagus stays open without the switch registering resulting in more ball searches.
I’ve checked everything associated with the areas in question and everything registers as normal under all other circumstances, namely starting the mode first and then shooting the sarcophagus.
At this point I’m going to revert back to the previous code and see if the same scenario plays out differently.

It sounds like the problem everyone is having with the first of the two sarcophagus switches not activating. People are replacing it with a roller switch and it fixes it after a little tweaking with the new switch.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

We shouldn't have to do this--Stern should be sending us all new switches unless they come up with a better solution.

The rolling switch sounds like the best solution. 100% of people who've done it say it fixed the problem.

#88 2 years ago

Brought this forward to 1.01 from the 1.0 thread. If you verify that a bug on the list was fixed with 1.01, let me know and I'll remove it. I'll also work on verifying bugs they fixed.

New bugs? Report them here and I'll add them to the OP.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This. Is there any way we can remove the request for that crappy font? That would be a depressing downgrade to me. Others seem to be thinking similar thoughts. Anyone else agree?

It's not a newspaper. A large amount of videogames use custom themed fonts, and have for decades. Pinball is moving that direction.

I get that you don't like it, but the wishlist section is just that, a wish. There are a few in there I'm not down with, but I'm not going to tell someone they can't wish for it, so I put them up.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I ran into this bug on 1.0 and see nothing in the changelog that it is fixed:
Had a 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off but the balls never came back to the playfield.

Did this happen on a Pro or Prem/LE?

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess you misunderstood what I was saying: typography has a deep history and applies to all media in which text (font) is used. This is not something I'm making up. However, it is your thread, so feel free to leave it up. My point is that the request is like a pinsider asking for flying, pink pixies on the IMDN LCD, which would not be an idea worth promoting. If Stern is taking note, someone in their LCD department might have little experience with typography and might get the wild idea that they should head down to fontsfontsfonts.com and find some killer metal fonts. Just sayin'.
Now that I think of it, pixie dust sparkling down the LCD might work for Can I Play With Madness.

I know about typography, and we've used custom fonts that weren't Helvetica or Times New Roman in probably half the almost 40 commercial games I've published. They can add to the mood of the game and don't have to be as extreme as the example, but don't have to be as boring and vanilla as the current implementation on Iron Maiden's screen, either.

I'm glad you finally realized your error. Pink pixies on Can I Play With Madness messing with the screen would indeed be awesome. Sometimes one has to just talk things out to get to the conclusion.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from switol:

Which setting is correct for the 10“ SPIKE FLIPPER FIDELITY Set?

Specs say they're 8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel to have a 4 Ohm load at the amp. So I'm *guessing* you want to set it to 4 Ohm because that's what the amp on the Spike board will see.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

WISH LIST: Please Stern, add MUSIC VOLUME ADJUSTMENT. Forget this silly attenuation stuff, it doesn't work well.

Already on the list practically since the beginning. Attenuation sucks.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It is, I literally am not updating to 1.01 because they remove the ability to keep the same song in the game. I don't get that at all, who got bored and thought to do that?

You can keep the same song all game in 1.01, or do you mean you don't want you to give you the option to change it every ball?

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You are forced to enter the song selection menu each ball - meaning you can easily accidentally change the song.

Really? I've literally never accidentally changed a song once I select it on ball 1.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No - the issue is when you push the flipper for the super skill shot, and then either decide not to attempt that or just taken your finger off for some other reason.
Regardless, many people want the same song all game - it was an option in the menus and now it's not, which is really dumb.

Some of the super secret skill shots are worth more than the Super Skill shot now, so why bother with the plain super? Problem solved.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Gives you 2x whereas the secrets don't?

Is that a permanent 2x or a timed 2x? I didn't realize that.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's not solving the problem, that's telling me I can't play my machine the way I want to. Not cool. Why didn't hey remove a feature that was literally already programmed?

I don't understand what the problem is. If you want to do the super skill shot and hit the button, then change your mind and release, simply re-select the song before launching the ball. All the tools to play the game you want are already there. However, wishlist being a wishlist, I'll add your request to put back the system option they took out.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

If you add a player to the game, while starting Trooper-Multiball. You are playing a single ball multiball (Prem/Le)

Added to the OP, thanks.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

WISH LIST: Awards for "sneak" shots on the prem/LE during single ball play.
1) Underworld dunk: You shoot the ball immediately back into the ramp hole before the ramp has a chance to close. Gravestone target award would be good here.

Sort of like a "You cheat, Mr. Eddie!" shot.

1 week later
#145 2 years ago

Updated the bugs/issues/wishlist items that were taken care of in 1.02 in the OP and pulled the version number forward. If you confirm any I didn't move from active to fixed/addressed are actually fixed/addressed, let me know and I'll update the list of bugs.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I updated and had the issue occurr where both outlane saves were lit and two balls drained at the same time, one in each outlane. Neither were saved.

I'll put it back up to the bugs again, with a little more information, hopefully. What multiball mode were you in? Still Trooper? Stacked with a game mode, too?

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

On my premium:
Not sure if I'm running into a bug or a switch problem: If a game ends with a ball in the sarcophagus lock, it will dump the ball down into the underworld VUK and then not eject it. When I try to start a new game, this causes a ball search (which kicks the ball out of the VUK). The underworld scoop is working fine during gameplay, and I haven't had any issues with locks registering in the sarcophagus. Bug? Switch need adjusting?

I don't have a Prem so I can't check, but this is very easy to reproduce since it likely happens at the end of a fair amount of games, so if it WAS a bug, I would think a LOT more people would be complaining about it. I would think it's a switch issue. I'd check that first.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Updated to 1.02 on my LE. The shaker now seemingly rumbles at maximal on about half of the switches that trigger it no matter what setting I put it on. So when I put it to minimal - half rumble minimal, half rumble maximal. It was working perfectly for me on moderate (all triggers) before this change. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only played a couple games after 1.02, but it didn't seem to be overly active compared to 1.01. I'll pay more attention next time.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The music attenuation bug is still there in 1.0.2. It is really starting to bother me.
The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some *sshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.
Setting music attenuation to -25 is a nice setting for me but the lowering volume every ball is killing me. I have an LE in a home environment, details matter.
I feel like I could fix this bug in 15 mins. If I could access the code...

Added that as an issue to be addressed, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole attenuation scheme needs to be trashed, but not sure if that's happening.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Agree on the whole redesign probably not being on the table, but I hope they fix the simple bug that causes it to not reset to the original attenuation between balls if you keep the same song playing.

Somehow I missed understanding that the attenuation was changing between balls. I'll move that one up to the bug list.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Is it possible to add songs and have a setting on which songs can be chosen? The songs not picked would still be in memory if decided to change up the selection .

You mean add songs to the game that aren't in there now?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

You can replace existing songs by hacking the data, but you can't extend the roster of songs available AFAIK.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Updated my LE yesterday the knock is totally faded. I hear a prrrt instead of a loud knock. All other sounds are fine. Bass is at 110 by the way.

That's the new "polite knock" they've implemented for the Netherlands.

#173 2 years ago

In addition to which machine the bug was reported on, I also started reporting the software version the bug was reported on so there's a way of seeing when they started (and hopefully) when they were fixed.

#180 2 years ago

It's ridiculous that this is another hidden cost Stern has squeezed out of their machines that you have to pony up for after the sale to make the machine complete.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Don't know why they just didn't use a sound clip of a real knocker and decided that screech was better?

Just use the screaming ghost from Ghostbusters for all knockers.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

quick question, is there enough new stuff from 1.01 to 1.02 to make it worth updating? I don't want to lose all the songs I changed in pinball browser unless its really worth it.

I would say yes. Some of the more annoying bugs are fixed and there are a number of general improvements. But they still have over 10 bugs to fix (including the lockup one they just kludged around in 1.01), so pretty sure 1.03 isn't far off.

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

UGGGGHHH You are right about the knocker sound. Just complete weak sauce... I might buy a knocker kit for my game. Only about 50 dollars and should only take a few minutes to mount. The only thing is right now the knocker only activates when I match. But, I wonder if I can turn it on, and if it could knock when I reach the extra ball requirements. What i mean is when I score the replay reward. Which I have set to extra ball.

It'll knock when you hit replay. Doesn't care what you have the reward set to.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You might be right, and probably are. But, I don't think my machine makes that god awful fake knocker sound when I get the replay. Which is alright by me, as that sound is annoying and sounds like garbage.

Weird. So maybe if the replay award is not a game, it doesn't knock? Because it definitely knocks during the game if you get a score replay with a game as the award.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone experienced any non-registering with the right outlane REVIVE after the 1.02 update? I had a few games where REVIVE was lit, and the ball drained right and the switch did not register. It did this multiple times over a few games. I took the glass off, went into switch test and ran balls down the lane...each one registered every time regardless of speed. So it can't be the switch, but nobody else is reporting it here. Just curious. There is a bug where double drains with REVIVE don't register and give you the balls back, but this is just a single drain to the right outlane.

If you're in a mode, single drains seem to have a bug with revive, too, but I haven't narrowed it down to add to the bug report. Pretty sure it's not the switch in your case.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Didnt work when my tech was here . He lead me to believe it needed to be unpacked . Got it working!
thanks for replies.

Time for a new "tech".

2 weeks later
#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Was playing a LE on location. Played like 3-4 games. Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game wit 298M without getting one. So I guess replays aren't awarded correct sometimes.

It just dawned on me that you may have been at a location game that had the replay award set to points or an extra ball. It doesn't have to always give a credit but can give points or extra balls instead, and that can be set in the system menu on menu option 3 "Replay Award".

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I know the operator, I take care of his games. I clean and fix them and do code updates. Everything is set to standard settings except for the coin/credit settings. It must definitely be some bug. I won replays earlier that day. But at my very last game I didn’t.

It's on the bug list so hopefully they can reproduce it...

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Updated yesterday to 1.02 and now i have no display anymore
Cant go back as i dont have other software

What were you on before? I have all the revisions.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

I believe 0.97

Here's the link to 0.97 for the Pro:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/iron_maiden_pro-update-0_97_0-05102018.spk.zip

Here's the link to 0.97 for the Prem/LE:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/iron_maiden_le-update-0_97_0-05102018.spk.zip

Be sure to unzip it (using 7zip NOT the built-in windows unzipper) - the early updates were zipped and you had to take the file out before putting it on your USB.

You'll have to go through the update process blind if you have no screen, though.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Thank you,will try that and wait for another update

Definitely report back if you get it back to 0.97 and your screen comes back.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I was in Fear of the Dark mode when the ball drained, and it was my last ball of the game. I'm not sure what conditions I hit, but after the drain, the screen went nuts (see video). It wouldn't stop until I pressed the start button, at which time everything was back to normal. Weird....

Wow. Awesome! Added to the bug list! That was a Pro running 1.02?

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Hi, I’ve read all 5 pages and haven’t found my problem listed but excuse me if it has been - Premium ver 1.02
This is a consistent problem which I believe is software related - during any game after starting aces high the mummy captive ball doesn’t register any hits no matter how hard.
I have a ball locked in sarcophagus and I could have a few letters already lit, once I finish aces high the red sarcophagus light is on and whatever mummy letters I have previously hit but it won’t register again for that ball, or any remaining balls until game over.
Start another game and works fine everytime and all game as long as I don’t play aces high.
This happens all the time and the game is powered off every day.
Should be an easy one to check.
Thanks

This sounds like hardware to me. If it was software, I can't imagine LOTS of LE owners wouldn't be loud about it. That's a pretty major thing to stop working that would surely be noticed. That, plus the switches in that assembly (both the newton ball and the captive area top switch are NOTORIOUSLY flaky as they came from the factory.

Did you get the replacement newton ball post for under the playfield that's pointy?

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Just went back to 0.97, still no display
I contacted my distributor and i am getting a new display
Heard about a gotg le with the same problem
[quoted image]

That sucks, but thanks for following up.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What's the proven solution to eliminate the ball getting stuck in the orbit, after the up-post stops it on the Prem/LE? I know this was discussed but there are a million posts to sift through....Thanks.

Truffle shuffle while keeping both hands on the flippers. Works every time, but you may get some strange looks on location.

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The Definitive Guide to Fixing the Plunger Not Making the Loop
First we want to make access and fast adjustments quick and simple:
(Less than 5 minutes to do the following)
1. Remove the nut and washer from the right ramp wireform at the slingshot.
2. Remove the screw attaching the wireform further up. Then remove the wireform.
3. Remove the nut holding the right plastic (the one with the blue flasher).
4. Remove the bolt further up the plastic (the one that held the wireform on) by simply unscrewing it.
5. Unplug the flasher under the game and remove the plastic assembly.
Now we have easy access to make rapid adjustments after each test.
(Less than 5 minutes to do the following)
1. Unscrew the two screws at the plunger that hold the bubble level on.
2. Unscrew the nut under the playfield that attaches the ball guide to the playfield.
3. Unscrew the right side screw from the exit gate and rotate it out of the way.
4. Unscrew the hex screw next to the bulb (red on premium/le, white on pro) at the end of the ball guide. Carefully lift out the ball guide.
Now you make adjustments. You'll find the rail is easily bendable so adjustments should be subtle. IMPORTANT: The ball trajectory is affected not just by the curve at the very end of the ball guide but by the slight curve further down as well so where you bend it matters. I suggest working towards the end.
Now all you have to do is adjust, place the ball guide back in and screw in just the hex nut next to the bulb.
Next, in attract mode drop a ball in the plunger and let it shoot it. No good? Unscrew, readjust, pop it back in.
Good? Test it at least 10 times. Good? Awesome. Now test the manual plunger by doing the same thing but shooting the ball manually before the auto plunger does. If manual is no good but auto is, you've bent the ramp unevenly. The top half is slightly different than the bottom. Be sure to adjust so it's bent evenly top to bottom.
Each adjustment cycle should take less than 30 seconds to test. It took me 6 cycles and I've got it perfect. 20 out of 20 after previously getting about 70%.
Then just put everything back in the reverse order. This whole process should take you less than 30 mins and should work for everyone.

Very good info. I would put this in its own thread with a picture or three for maximum visibility.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah its all nice,
Wish they were ready to release, was kinda hoping it would be in week 1 of August.
Oh well, 1.03 must be close now

Probably zipping up some of the glitches found since then to get a cleaner release. They've been very attentive to the bug list, which is nice.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have this issue...?. i just updated to new IM code tonight. left sling repeatedly firing 20 times when hit. has to be software issue. worked fine yesterday.

How close are the switches? Easy way to tell if it's software. Take off the sling rubber and manually hit each switch, one at a time. Does it fire 1 time or 20 after you tap it? 20 - software. 1 - re-gap the switch.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Same thing with my right slingshot. After updating it machineguns multiple times.
Decreasing sling power didnt help. Switch gap looks normal..
Opened the gap between the switches a little more. I suspect the new software has other debounce settings..

Also turning down setting #62 under machine-specific settings should help. The one here defaulted to WAY too strong kick after the 1.03 update. I turned it down to 20 (from 32) and it's much better.

#280 1 year ago

Dunno if this is a bug or a feature, but with 1.03 somehow I was able to start Rime of the Ancient Mariner right as Trooper was ending.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Something similar here -- Flight of Icarus completed, but I never actually started the mode... Not sure what happened (whether it was related to Trooper multiball or something else), I just looked down and saw it was already done, even though I never got to play it. Odd...

Was yours a Pro or Prem/LE?

I wonder if they changed the behavior of The Trooper in 1.03 so you can start modes when you're in it. Everyone, please investigate! (I will, too!)

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

V1.04.0 - August 15, 2018
=========================
- fixed an issue introduced in 1.03.0 that would complete lit modes when draining a ball without even starting the mode

Haha! That was fast! Some quality QA at Stern lunch room to have missed that.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Definately not as slow as GB update is doing

I literally reported it a couple hours after 1.03 was posted and it was fixed today. Granted, it's a pretty major bug, but that's some fast AP-Josh style turnaround.

The designer not being in jail probably helps.

#301 1 year ago

New (?) bug in 1.03/4. I did a five way combo with the tomb treasure lit and the tomb treasure shot was the last shot. When I made the 5th shot to the orbit, it took the red tomb treasure arrow away, didn't put up the post or the tomb treasure animation, only showing the 5-way combo animation. I lost the Tomb Treasure.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

New issue I am first seeing in 1.04 (skipped 1.03!) - sometimes after the song selection is done and I plunge the ball, the song changes on me suddenly. It definitely didn’t used to do this, and when it does the screen is just showing the Eddie letter completion state, so it definitely feels weird/like a bug.

Pro or premium/LE? This sounds more like a switch issue. I've been playing 1.04 extensively on a Pro and haven't seen this at all.

Nevermind. Saw the answer in your next post. I'd put it in switch test mode with the glass off and check for switches closing from vibration by smacking your open palm on the playfield firmly in different areas, then check that the shooter lane switch isn't triggering another somehow.

Then again, Prem/LE is different code than Pro. Do report back. Anyone else seeing this in a Prem/LE 1.04?

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Will do. Seems really strange though, had no problems at all before the update, and after the plunge the song should be "locked in", so I'm not sure what switch would ever trigger the code to change songs... Anyway, I'll continue to investigate and report back.

If the shooter lane switch is not working right, you'd be able to change songs while the ball is in play with the flippers until the first thing is hit on the PF.

If your shooter lane switch is bad, check the diagnostics to see if it's listed as bad in tech alerts and if so, what number switch is it saying the shooter lane switch is?

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from Maide:

I've also seen song selection change after the ball has been plunged once or twice in 50+ games. I'm on 1.03 still on my Premium. I'm not sure if it's a new bug or just rare.

It was very common on early builds. I haven't seen it in a while.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from earetz:

Pro v1.04
Stack Icarus and Mummy MB.....Add a ball is not awarded. Mummy MB alone awards add a ball after hitting both ramps

I do this all the time and it works to get the 3rd ball. However, I have had what you're describing happen once. Start Icarus, Stack Mummy, hit both ramps, no third ball. Is that what you're saying happened to you?

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from earetz:

Yes that is what i am saying. So maybe an intermittent bug.

I'll put it back on the live bug list then.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went from 1.0 to 1.4 this weekend and so far no issues.
Other posts have stated how much better the sound is but I wish I could agree.
While it has more bass, the rest isn't so great. Is there a adjustment feature I'm missing?

Pro or Prem/LE?

#327 1 year ago

Pro has dinky speakers compared to the LE. It's never going to sound better than okay/good. Change out the speakers and you'll hear an improvement.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks for clarifying that.
On another note...really liking the visual instructions in the attract mode. Thinking they shouldn't break it up with the high scores. It'd be better to get a complete breakdown on the objectives.

I have a tutorial on hooking an inexpensive external amp in the backbox of an Iron Maiden, and then hooking those to the larger speakers to give better sound, but I'm still waiting for some parts to finish the speaker install on a pro. The portion that shows how to make a connector to pull line-out audio off the CPU board to feed to the amp is up here already, though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

This happens quite frequently to me... And I had a very early build as I was one of the first in the chicagoland area to get a prem... Anything that I can do... The switch seems to be registering when the ball plunges out.

On a premium it's probably not the lane switch, but the newton ball. Have you upgraded yours so they don't misfire with vibration?

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'd like to see profiles for settings.
Profile 1 - Tournament settings
Profile 2 - Free Play day, kids and rookies
Profile 3 - 2 for 1 day
Profile 4 - Other route location
3 button presses and done.
I do all of the above to several machines every week. Would save me some time for sure!

I'll put it on the wishlist, but it would require a fair amount of reprogramming of the shared system-level stuff.

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

For sure. It would be awesome though.

I've been asking for timed pricing for quite a while now, and that's a whole lot easier to implement. I think we'll both be waiting a while...

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

HEHEHEHEHEH... I like it when they misfire from the vibration... The bottom one does misfire from time to time. But, is actually pretty accurate with the hits... So I think I'd like to leave that well enough alone...
The top one in the sarcophagus lock probably needs to be tweaked... As most direct blows don't register.
And what goes into upgrading them?????

There's a whole section in the Iron Maiden issues thread about it. You need to get a part from Stern and replace it on the newton ball. And, while you're there, replace the top switch in the lock with a rollover wheel trough-style switch (also discussed there).

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Upgraded to 1.04 tonight, and now it's randomly/occasionally spitting two balls into the shooter lane.

Likely a shooter lane switch on the edge. Try turning down your Trough Eject power to around 200.

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

After a few tweaks my Iron Maiden LE plays perfect and I am very happy with the code.
This game is based on the Maiden comics and the handy game. With the battle against the beast it has an great end fight. And with it's ruleset and the game code it has a good story that connects all the different modes together. The story and animations reminds me of old arcade games like the old Mortal Kombat games. But why is there no intro for this story in the attract mode? Something that puts you in the world. After a defeat the hero Eddie has to collect his soul shards to fight again the beast. He got help from the clairvoant. There should be a text that explains the story just like the intro of old arcade games. It could be a comercial for the comics or the handy game in the attract mode. I think that would be realy cool or they could use the trailer for the handy game:
Or they could ask if they could use the first seven pages of the comic book as an intro. All this could be a good way to promote the comic and the handy game. It's a franchise, why don't they use it more?

Added the suggestion to the wishlist!

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

If you put a small external amp in the head and use the line out you can get more control over the sound and more power for the speakers.

#355 1 year ago

Have no idea what those issues might be. We've had a Mars DBV installed since it launched and it works fine.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

That sounds do-able. Can you or anybody recommend an amp? I haven't seen one of these before.

There's a whole thread with instructions about using the line out with a cheap external amp (that's better than what's on board in Spike 2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
i have 1.04 on my LE
have you also noticed that the call out of the skillshot is bad, sometimes he says "bulleyes"?
regards

Which skillshot? The standard or any of the secret skillshots?

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello , the standard skillshot .

So are you saying that it saying "bullseyes" (plural) is wrong, or that you're not expecting "bullseye" (singular) as a callout when you hit the standard skillshot?

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
i maked a little video . i hear bullseye

I've heard this from time to time, but it's really not out of place as a response to making the skill shot. Bullseye is an acceptable comment on hitting the mark.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have it set to 4 ohms, but I've tried all various settings to get the cab to sound better. As far as I can tell, there is no crossover going to the speaker, so having a normal treble volume should not effect clarity. With stock settings at about 40, I hear megga distortion from the cab. I turned the backbox right down so that I could hear the cab speaker better. Turning down the treble just leaves distorted bass, and turning both down sounds much better. But if you can't have the cab speaker loud, it won't add anything. It's just a crap speaker connected to a crap amp. From Stern, this is no surprise, even with an LE.

There's some kind of crossover on the system board. The newer ones have a separate line out for the sub if you're using an external, so some crossover action is happening. Maybe you just have a blown cab speaker it DOES happen.

2 weeks later
#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Looks like 1.05 is up...

Since they didn't call any of the bugs out on the list as fixed, I'll have to go through them to see if any are silent fixes. I DO hope they at least addressed SOME of them...

1 month later
#404 1 year ago

Had another weird one. Got a super loop jackpot for like 15 million then hit the right orbit, which was flashing green and red (trooper lock and treasure?). It locked the ball, got that animation, but did NOT get the treasure and it never let the lock post down, despite shaking, jiggling, bouncing the machine to loosen the post if it was stuck. Had to wait for ball search to release the ball.

1 week later
#405 1 year ago

Why is there a test for a lockdown bar button light (R-G-B, even) on the IM specific diag LED tests when no version no Iron Maiden has a button on the lockdown bar?

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

1.06 this month perhaps ?

Let's hope so. They have a lot of niggly things to clean up.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
what is the "? master "
thanks
[quoted image]

Mystery Master?

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

If we're listing wishes, It would be nice to integrate the shaker code with the machine guns and a few other spots in game pay.

I'll add that machine gun suggestion to the wishlist, but you'll have to be more specific about "few other spots" to get those added, too!

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

My auto launch is driving me insane !
Originally auto launch was fine (make loop easy) for about 30 minutes. Then it would get lazy after the game warmed up.
After checking mech a finding all appeared to be okay, my distributor send me a new launch coil.
I replace the coil and sleeve and its worse its crap even when cold now.
Coil at factory default 255 Max power.
Ball is resting on prongs fine.
Mech appears good.
The game sucks when ball wont make loop !
Any ideas please guys ?

Did you try the washer adjustment?

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Under the upper right guide ?
Not as yet, I will though.
Just seems the coil does not have enough grunt to kick the ball hard enough ?
Power level setting seem to make no difference

This is really something better for the iron maiden issues thread. We can continue there if you want to post there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

2 weeks later
#431 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not sure the exact reasons this happened but:
Started Icarus, then started Mummy MB, had 2x playfield running.
Hit mystery award standup - which gave add more time (assume it was either Icarus or 2x playfield).
Drained down to single ball, really quickly
Screen showed mummy multiball 300,000 for a looooong time.
Timers in Icarus were frozen and I proceeded to play until Icarus was well over 150mil, before draining the ball. Timer didn't count down at all, so I was stuck in that mode with no way to end or collect, without draining or tilting.

Added this to the bug listing in the OP.

2 weeks later
#435 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Revive is still bugged. I was in a mode (Aces High, I think, but can't remember). Revive was active on both outlanes, and the ball save was also active because it was the start of the mode. The ball went down one of the outlanes, and the callout indicated that I was getting the ball back, so I lost my Revive. That should be fixed because Revive is hard to get as it is (for me, anyway).

Added this to the bug list in the OP. It's an ongoing problem they've improved, but it sounds like they haven't conquered. Just to be sure, you're running 1.04, right?

#437 1 year ago

Haha, brain fart. Updated the OP.

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I had some pinball-noob co workers over friday night for a staff gaming night. I was surprised that after a short while they were even complaining about Flight Of Icarus being too hard. I think this mode needs to change.
Rob

It's one of the most rewarding modes, though. If you can dial in the left right/right left ramp combo flow you can get huge points, especially with a multiplier going. That said, it's my least favorite mode because I rarely get the flow going to do that.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I usually line up Mummy Multiball with Icarus. If I don't, I will usually shoot the left ramp as usual and skip shooting the right. It's the only mode that I half ignore, which is a shame. It is a pretty crap mode given the difficulty of the right ramp. That being said, I usually have the mummy/icarus combo 50% of the time, and the mode is great with that combo. They should have made Icarus the 2-ball instead of Aces.

I used to do this, but found that it messed up both MMB and Icarus in my games too many balls to manage messing up objectives. I do Icarus straight now, ditto MMB.

3 weeks later
#445 1 year ago

How hard is it to change the screen order in attract mode (answer:not hard)? That was an EASY bug to fix, but the score board is still wrong if you fast forward the screens. It skips one screen entirely if you're fast forwarding with the flipper buttons.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from GatoDelFuego:

Had a weird game. Had a ball locked for mummy, then got a stuck ball so ball searched. While the search was happening I was able to hit the captive ball which released the mummy locked ball but did not start mummy.
Then, I hit the captive ball with these two balls flailing everywhere enough times to actually start mummy. Game kicked out a third ball, and went to bonus after 2/3 of the balls were drained. Pesky! I'm sure if I drained one while I had two on the field it would have gone to bonus as well.
Later, during a trooper multi ball auto plunge, I soft plunged the third ball (2nd of the auto plunges) to try and hit the skill shot target. Accidentally plunged it to the left outlane instead (like a super secret skill shot). Game kicked out a replacement third ball...and then gave me the ball back from the outlane, so started trooper with 4 balls. Hit the cannon shot for a 5th. When I went back to 1 ball, it didn't go to bonus. This isn't intended, is it???

Pro or Prem/LE?

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

"Had a ball locked for mummy"

Ha. Careful reading FTW.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Here's a weird one that I've reproduced twice, last did it on 1.05.
In Cyborg Multiball:
-Have outlane revives lit
-Light cyborg jackpot
-Drain the extra balls in play
-A 10 second countdown starts to collect the jackpot
-Drain down an outlane and get revived
-Another countdown starts and plays concurrently with the one that was already running. Eg: 10, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1...

Pro or Premium/LE?

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A weird one on an LE with the newest code--hit the first orange arrow shot to bust Eddie out of a manacle, and all the orange arrows turned off as if the mode was over. That never happened on any of the other codes.

You hit the orange arrow and the other ones go off and the captive ball lights up, then hit that and the arrows come back. Hit another arrow and the drop targets light up. Hit all 3 and the arrows light up again.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

From what I am reading
1.06 is possibly buggy ?
1.05 appears to be solid.
Do I update or wait for next drop ?

1.06 seems buggier than 1.05. Most of 1.05's bugs plus some new ones. I don't know if I'd say to wait, but it's disheartening they didn't address a bunch of relatively easy bugs on the running list here.

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from hank35:

Maybe I missed this, but wouldn't it be nice if the outlane rollovers made some kinda sound when activated.
(Yes. Yes is the answer)

Raspberry? Fart? A thousand tortured souls crying out?

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

The outlanes usually result in a callout from The Beast or Clair, or a drain sound.
Perhaps you meant the inlanes ?
I have mentioned this as well.
It is good to know that the inlane switches are working via some audio feedback.
In saying that, I don't think inlanes achieve anything, perhaps that is why coders don't care ?

Speaking of callouts, I would LOVE to have a callout for the amount of the power jackpot. Sometimes it's too hectic to look up and I know I collected it, but knowing how much it was without looking up would be awesome. They'd only have to record 1-19, then 10, 20, 30...up to 90 and the word "million" and the software could put together the clips up to 99 million. Then if you exceed 100 million, there could just be one clip for "100 Plus Million!"

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

I would rather keep callouts generic actually, it would be totally annoying to hear games calling out scores, where would it stop?. unless,....its,.....50 MILLION!
or ,....,......THIRRRRTTTTTYYYY MILLLLIONNNN!!!!!!
The power Jackpot is also clearly displayed before you collect it, when you collect it, and if you get a high score, After you collect it.

I don't want all scores called out, but power jackpot is relatively important and sometimes I accidentally collect it, but can't look up to see what it was. Having it called out would be helpful. Or maybe only call it out if it's over 10 million. That would reduce the frequency, and I'd be fine with that.

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Hi. First post on Pinside, long-time reader! Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the static sound coming from this machine? I only notice it when I hit the sarcophagus and it's spelling out M-U....
Sounds like it's coming from the cabinet speaker (sub?) not the backboard. Little thing but driving me nuts!

They changed the mix back a few versions ago. Do you have 1.06 installed? If so, is your machine volume loud? You might be clipping the on-board amp.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah I agree it would be nice if it would change it up a bit when you collect a really large power jackpot. Also we really can only have one callout for collecting an extra ball?

Well, it could be worse. It could be like Wheel of Fortune and have "EXTRA BALL" printed in plain text on the center of the screen.

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

I have 1.06 installed. Mix is at factory. Have volume at default 12.

Dunno what to say. 12 isn't that loud. It shouldn't be clipping at that volume, but that or a broken speaker is the only explanation I might have for what you're describing...

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Pretty far in the game (score 480 mil) - ball 2 locked (for 2nd multiball) and that was also the last orbit shot I had to make to collect the last power orbit and last of all the power thingies to collect.
Game shows correct ball 2 locked but doesn't release ball, it stays locked on the up post in the left orbit. Game goes in ball search and I can continue playing.

Check the post. Sometimes they stick up even though they've been released.

1 week later
#497 1 year ago

Had another bug today. Had the Trooper lock qualified so the arrows were flashing green. Hit the center ramp to start Fear of the Dark, as soon as the ball released hit the upper loop with the small purple arrow to get the party started right away. Dropped the ball to the left flipper to make the right ramp shot to double the spinner and missed, hitting the right orbit instead. Post came up, but machine stopped doing anything. It didn't give the ball locked animation and did not release the ball so I could continue Fear of the Dark until ball search released the post. Then a little bit later I got the lock animation from before while I was playing the rest of Fear of the Dark. Definite bug.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Most will probably find this silly, but it's "wishlist" so here goes.
I installed a knocker in IMDN, and I set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In Terminator 2, for example, that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. I'd like the knocker to match the number of credits earned, just like T2 does.

Yeah, that's more a straight up bug, not a wishlist item. Added.

#501 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm unclear on the specific rules of the game but I had all eddie letter collected on ball 2, drained and reset all the Eddie's letters for ball 3. This is wrong right?

Right, that's wrong.

Unless you were playing multiple games at once and didn't realize it.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Nope. Went from battle being lit to spelling eddie over again.

Do you remember which battle was lit? Might be important.

2 weeks later
#514 1 year ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Nope. Pro 1.06. I just have a knack for making Cyborg Multiball do wierd things.

Is it repeatable?

2 weeks later
#520 1 year ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Not sure if this one has been posted;
Had balls locked and Mummy multiball ready. Game went into ball search mode for whatever reason (ball hangup somewhere), and during search mode I released the locked ball. Game doesn't recognise 2 balls now in play, so if one drains, ball end's and flippers go dead whilst the other is still in play.
This has happened a couple of times now.
This is for the Premium

Stern ball management is crap in general. This is common across most of their games when there's a bad stuck ball and ball search happens that releases a ball. JJPs is worlds better on that front. I doubt they'll even look at this so I won't waste time putting it on the list. They know their ball management sucks. They have bigger fish to fry on the system-wide level, like the memory leak that locks up recent spike machines that they're forcibly rebooting games left on 24/7 so they don't lock up on location.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from busa32927:

after owning the game and getting over it i feel that there are some serious issues in the game. not to burst anyones bubble on this but here is my opinion of the code. well it very boring. its a grind all the time. gotta hit so many pops, targets etc. over and over. the modes are meh. shoot the same things over and over. oh yeah mini wizard modes feel no different than any other mode. shoot all the shots over and over. i want the modes to have me do something different than what i already had to do in the pyramids. and ramp ramp ramp ramp gets old really fast. at first i really enjoyed the game and i still do. it just got old really fast. i hope they can revamp the mini wizards and eddie shots.

Wizard modes are usually the last thing to be polished, so I would expect some work there, but the rest of it is likely pretty final. I like it more than Metallica, which is VERY grindy and rampy, but if that's not your thing, sounds like it's time for something new for you (or at least a break from the machine).

But this is more a conversation for the club thread and not the bug report thread.

3 weeks later
#528 1 year ago

On 1.06 with a Premium, the game got confused during Mummy Multiball and started doing weird things like lighting the Mummy lights out of order. Like MY and U were lit, but the first and third Ms were NOT lit, then when I qualified a letter, the M in the 3rd position lit. Never seen behavior like this before, but it may have been related to the machine seeming to be confused when this mummy multiball started.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'll assume you know most of the rules but just on the off chance...were you in 3rd mummy? It has roving letters.

I don't *think* so. Pretty sure this happened on the first time in Mummy Multiball. It was like it mixed up the rules from all levels of it.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It doesn't matter how many times you've gone into Mummy MB.
Once you have collected the first SJ (and lit the Eddie card) by hitting the correct no' of switches then captive ball, 5 times, you then go into the 2nd stage.
You still need to hit the correct no' of switches to activate the captive ball, but a light starts strobing from M to Y. You have to hit the captive ball when the letter is lit. This means you don't actually have to hit the letters in order.
Once all 5 letters have been hit you get the Lv2 Eddie card.
Completely normal/designed behaviour.

There was no strobing. The lights were solid on or off. It didn't look or behave like any other time I've been in Mummy multiball.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only real issue I see keep happening is the game lagging behind. For example, a ball will drain and the game will do nothing for 5+ seconds before starting the bonus countdown. It can also get way behind on showing extra ball and mystery award animations. None of this is a game breaker though.
Rob

I've noticed this a LOT more on the Premium than the Pro.

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Can someone please let me know of the Eddie cards on the playfield that are associated with certain features? I am not sure which is which

Mummy (yellow) = Mummy multiball completed, Cyborg (green) = cyborg collected, all points on the pyramid solid, Trooper (blue) = Trooper multiball completed, 2MTM guy (red) = 2 Minutes to midnight collected. If the light is solid, it's a level 1 card. If it's flashing, it's a level 2 card. All Level 1 or better required for Number of the Beast. All Level 2 cards required for Run to the Hills.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

So the inserts from left to right are mummy, cyborg, trooper, 2mtm?[quoted image]

Yes. But this is probably a better line of questioning in the Iron Maiden club thread to keep this thread for just bugs.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from hiho:

Any word on an 1.07 release yet?

It's way overdue, but given that the last few Stern updates have included the new OS, I think it will finally be arriving soon to deliver the new OS at the same time.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hmmm...I must have missed this news--what does the new OS offer?

Just check the readme for the Munsters, Deadpool or Batman'66 releases in the last week.

Major takeaways of the new OS:

You can now back up and restore game settings (at last!)

Standard pricing is now $1/play or $5/7 plays (EDIT: I was informed this is not official standard pricing, just a new option in the preset options for pricing).

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Anyone know if that works when updating to future versions of the firmware? It would be amazing if we don't have to re-configure all our settings every time we do an update.

Yeah, that's the point. Also, it says settings persist when updating the software once the new OS is installed with the next update.

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Not sure if this bug has been posted for v1.06 yet..
Adjusting sound volume during a game made the music stop until next ball.

It's on the bug list. Been there since the beginning. It was in the "fixed" area after 1.04, but I pulled it back up into the bug list.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Hopefully they fix the "missing page" when cycling through the high scores.

They kind-of fixed it halfway, but it's still missing when you cycle the other direction. So yeah, I think they're at least aware of the problem, just bad at fixing and testing their fixes.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from hiho:

Hope they fixed a bunch of the more annoying ones:
- when locking a ball during Mummy mb, and immediately drain the other ball in play, the game will go into ball search instead of freeing the locked ball. Reproduces every time.
- if you have the third lock for Trooper mb ready plus Mummy MB ready, and you free the captive ball PLUS make the same ball go back to Trooper lock, Trooper MB will turn to a 4 ball mb, and Mummy MB will start automatically after you drain the second to last ball on Trooper. Reproduces easily.
- there seems to be a condition where the game looses track of a ball during add a ball in some mode. It will give end of ball bonus despite one ball being still in play. No, not the sarcophagus bug - it's rock solid since I replaced the switches there. Need to figure out more details.
Georg

The second one has been called a feature. I don't mind it, actually.

2 months later
#563 1 year ago
Quoted from Flare:

I just picked up IM Premium, and expected to have to spend some time tweaking to get it playing properly. My question - has anyone had a problem with the right ramp being improperly wired?? I tested it in the diagnostic mode, and the opto is tripping switch 50 (as opposed to switch 56) which is apparently for the right orbit. It won't award any points, Eddie letters, mode rewards etc etc. This is super effing frustrating for a NIB game. Any possible info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Overall, this is an stellar game, as it was designed. However, Stern's QA is pretty fricking frustrating. I can't imagine not doing some sort of 200 point inspection before boxing and shipping out ANY finished product, but it clearly seems there's some sort of failure in thorough diagnostic testing. Maybe I'm being too harsh... Dunno.[quoted image]

Probably just plugged the connectors for the optos into the wrong spots on the opto controller board under the playfield. Just follow the leads down to the board. They should have little flags on them at the board to tell what's what.

1 month later
#566 11 months ago

Hopefully we're getting an update to Iron Maiden soon to take care of obvious bugs still in there like the screen-skipping high score scroll that was only partially fixed as well as other less obvious bugs...

2 weeks later
#569 10 months ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

During 3 player game on free play, after draining ball game reset to to one 1 player zero score? Can not recall # of ball at time. Anyone know when new update will release? Hoping this year!

A> What ball was the one that drained? Which player?
B> Are you sure it wasn't a game reset from holding START?

I sure hope another update is coming soon. And, I hope they've fixed the memory leak so instead of a Microsoft-level kludge of just rebooting the machine every day at 24/7 locations (which it's still doing now), it's made stable without rebooting.

#571 10 months ago

Maybe concentrate on starting only 3 player games to gather more information when it happens again. Having a reproducable bug makes it more likely to be fixed.

1 month later
#576 9 months ago

Supposedly updated code coming in Dec/Jan, so lots of stuff on the bug list should be taken care of.

#579 9 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the "lock song between balls" option back... I hate the ability to change songs between balls.

You can email stern if you want to make extra sure they know you hate the fact it was changed:

software@sternpinball.com
OR
bug.report@sternpinball.com

1 month later
#584 8 months ago
Quoted from hiho:

Wheres that Info coming from?

Keith Elwin. Pretty good source.

5 months later
#598 89 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

There’s a setting to display the tour dates or not, so I would think they let them stay. And the game doesn’t really need another update anyway.

The game has a LOT of bugs as it stands. Definitely needs at least a maintenance update. And Keith said an Iron Maiden update was coming after JP hit 1.00. Last year he estimated that meant January, but JP didn't hit 1.00 until late Feb and they just had a 1.01 release, so I would think IM's is getting close.

#600 89 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

Depends on def. of bugs I guess

Getting stuck in ball search so the machine has to be reset is pretty strongly in the "bug" category by any definition. Displaying the wrong score amounts, too. There's plenty on the list that are for-sure 100% bugs by any definition. And then there's two more sections of stuff that should be addressed and wishlist items.

1 week later
#602 79 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good to know. I couldn't care less about old tour dates. Can anything else be turned off for attract mode?

I think the instructions on how to play can also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside