Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#382 5 years ago

A few minor things might be nice:

An option to turn off sarcophagus lock auto launch (premium/LE) so another skill shot can be performed. Same as Metallica Premium/LE after a casket lock. This is a great adjustment on Metallica!

Shaker effects synced to gunfire in Aces High and match sequence. Moderate effect for gunfire, bigger effect for explosion.

Option so Ancient Mariner can randomly start left or right, if the callouts and video would support that.

Option to randomize Hallowed Be Thy Name shots.

Option to also add time, 0-3 (?) seconds on successful mission shots, if time isn't added already? Maybe only during single ball play?

Rob

#389 5 years ago

One more thing I wish could be tweaked: Change Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure blinking RGB insert to something other than red. This way it's not confused with Pharaoh's Sarcophagus lock on Premium/LE. At least I think both of these blink the insert the same red? I almost never know when the darn thing is lit if I missed the callout.

Oh, almost forgot, there's no combo chain insert lighting - wish there was. But maybe this was a design decision to avoid too much work cycling insert colors or it just didn't look right.

Rob

1 week later
#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

One more thing I wish could be tweaked: Change Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure blinking RGB insert to something other than red. This way it's not confused with Pharaoh's Sarcophagus lock on Premium/LE. At least I think both of these blink the insert the same red? I almost never know when the darn thing is lit if I missed the callout.

There's a yellow and red LED near the top of the ramp. I think red is for lock, yellow is for tomb treasure? I really love the ramp diverter and sarcophagus lock in the game!

I have noticed sometimes you think immediately something is a bug, but then if you test it more you realize there's been a lot of thought put into how parts of the game interact with each other. For example, you can get a sarcophagus lock and Tomb Treasure on 1 left ramp shot, but if a mission is running you won't get the Tomb Treasure. I originally thought this could be a bug, but then I realized the tomb treasures were most likely designed to not award during a mission (because of what some treasures are). After the mission is over, the Tomb Treasure is lit for collecting.

Rob

1 week later
#393 5 years ago

More thoughts:

If you start a mode that matches the song you are currently playing, it doesn't start the song over, rather it continues on.

Rob

3 weeks later
#395 5 years ago

Rarely, the game code seems to get into a traffic jam in how it responds to what is going on. For example, you can get a mystery award and actual animation won't show for 10 seconds (or more?) after you make the shot. Other things start getting delayed too.

Rob

#396 5 years ago

Wish: It would be nice if the letter selection for high scores moved faster.

Rob

1 month later
#432 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not sure the exact reasons this happened but:
Started Icarus, then started Mummy MB, had 2x playfield running.
Hit mystery award standup - which gave add more time (assume it was either Icarus or 2x playfield).
Drained down to single ball, really quickly
Screen showed mummy multiball 300,000 for a looooong time.
Timers in Icarus were frozen and I proceeded to play until Icarus was well over 150mil, before draining the ball. Timer didn't count down at all, so I was stuck in that mode with no way to end or collect, without draining or tilting.

Maybe related or not, but I notice sometimes that some display effects or callouts can get way behind in processing. For example, I could hit a mystery and not see the animation or callout for 5 - 15 seconds after I've hit it. I suppose if things got far enough behind that it could lead to other issues.

Rob

2 weeks later
#438 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, brain fart. Updated the OP.

I had some pinball-noob co workers over friday night for a staff gaming night. I was surprised that after a short while they were even complaining about Flight Of Icarus being too hard. I think this mode needs to change.

Rob

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's one of the most rewarding modes, though. If you can dial in the left right/right left ramp combo flow you can get huge points, especially with a multiplier going. That said, it's my least favorite mode because I rarely get the flow going to do that.

Most rewarding doesn't make it fun though. And from a pinball noob point, it's not very playable. Even for me if I miss a shot and the ball is on the wrong flipper, I just wait for the combo to time out and try again. Meh!

Rob

4 weeks later
#465 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Pro 1.06
Got the mummy multiball total stuck up on the screen for at least 20 seconds until I locked a ball. It took a few seconds to start the trooper lock animation after locking it.
There was a lot going on and I think the game got confused. Was in Fear of the Dark, started mummy, finished the mode right after ending mummy. It was on the mummy total screen when I shot the soul shard, but it never displayed the soul shard animation. I don't think it showed the Fear of the Dark total screen at all.

I don't think this is new. There's always been some weirdness in the game code where it gets behind what it's supposed to display. I was hoping that a new update would fix this, but it appears not.

Rob

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1.06 seems buggier than 1.05. Most of 1.05's bugs plus some new ones. I don't know if I'd say to wait, but it's disheartening they didn't address a bunch of relatively easy bugs on the running list here.

I read the list and a lot of it seems pretty trivial or just a single report of an issue without any proof to reproduce it. For the most part there isn't really anything outstanding that appears to adversely affect gameplay or scoring.

Rob

2 months later
#535 5 years ago

The only real issue I see keep happening is the game lagging behind. For example, a ball will drain and the game will do nothing for 5+ seconds before starting the bonus countdown. It can also get way behind on showing extra ball and mystery award animations. None of this is a game breaker though.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.